Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Statement + Livestreams

[DE]Rebecca

13 minutes ago, Nickstarship said:

The riots and protests going on in America is a normal thing for us Americans. The president is just calling the governs weak and isn’t even taking it that seriously. Every time police overstep, there is protests. 

That is one of the things I dont get. One guy gets horribly mistreated by 4(?) cops to the point he dies. Several people rise up and start a riot to somehow make a point. This by burning down a police station, looting places owned by people that have no connection whatsoever to the incident and at the same time trying to get the people's sympathy. Arent those "protesters" doing the same as the police did, treat something based on the outside appearance while also commiting several crimes doing so? Did suddenly this sinlge man that died mean more to the rioting crowd than the several upon several innocent people that they hurt in their protest of the murder of this person?

30 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

It's really gross how many people are posting "All Lives Matter" in this thread. It's either a racist dogwhistle or you're simply not getting the point at all. At this point, I tend to think it's the first one.

#BLM

I think it's more unusual that talk of this sort is allowed on the forums at all when it can and should be considered "irrelevant". Not only that, the rioting in the United States has nothing to do with justice and only exists for personal short term gain, and to heck with those in the crossfire. It's the "voice of the oppressed" and it's okay to commit crime and seriously hurt people and their businesses because it will further our agendas.

All lives do matter, and nobody I know has ever disagreed with the fact that what happened in Minneapolis last week was disgusting. But it's people like you bringing race into everything when there is provable evidence that more whites are killed by police in the states than blacks per year. Discussions that single out a race, even when they're in "support" of it, are inherently racist.

People are people, innocents are innocent, and criminals are just so.

And seeing a post like this from Digital Extremes, a company based in another damn country, makes me question their real motives for creating such a post. This is honestly a bit disturbing to me as a long time, level headed, game-loving American guy.

The moment I saw the post content from Rebecca I knew exactly what I was walking into: a debate between BLM and ALM, and the Facebook-tier chaos that would result. And my expectations were met. So without further ado, I present an alternative topic for us to discuss that isn't so inflammatory.

This is a reuben. Reubens are amazing. I'm eating one right now, and you should be too. Reuben is love, reuben is life.

MpNyy8OLRyaD1zzzoyim_GRS%207%20final%20-

6 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Text doesn't convey tone, so: Genuine question - isn't having to manually report individual players as many hoops (assuming there's a dedicated ingame UI option) or many more (if you have to go through Zendesk) compared to just *Click* *Ignore*?

Again, genuine question:
Not sure how you mean this.
If you mean "with friends or clan", that'd be an option either way.
If you mean "with people from region", given that a zero tolerance policy tends to deter people from the get-go, how would such a discussion be able to be started in the first place?
Am I misunderstanding something?

Fair, but anecdotal.

Nope, it would be less hoops since less people would feel prone to blurping out random political stances for seeking attention since it isnt allowed by the game. So the few that do can easily be reported and dealt with.

The big question is, why does a single person feel the need to try and suck people into a political discussion in a general game chat to begin with? There are next to no scenario where it is done without malicious intent.

And regarding how you can start a discussion with people in region chat even if political discussions were to be prohibited, well you simply ask if someone wants to join a chat for some political talk.

Il y a 19 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

There will be no Homestreams this week from the community team, and we will be spending our normal broadcast times solidifying our plans for improvements towards the problems within our game mentioned recently by our community (namely Region chat and the role it plays).

We are world makers - and we should do more to make both our virtual world or real world welcoming. While our job is to build an escape, we must also focus on paying attention to the world as justice is demanded for black lives. And we must listen and learn how to do better.

primero: Yo digo que DE no deberia comentar estas cosas en el foro del juego.

segundo: al referirte a las personas como negros, estas siendo racista, asi lo hagas por una buena causa, tienes que referirte a ellos como gente o personas que son, y no separarlos por estereotipos.

10 минут назад, (PS4)Soilborn2-7 сказал:

The moment I saw the post content from Rebecca I knew exactly what I was walking into: a debate between BLM and ALM, and the Facebook-tier chaos that would result. And my expectations were met. So without further ado, I present an alternative topic for us to discuss that isn't so inflammatory.

This is a reuben. Reubens are amazing. I'm eating one right now, and you should be too. Reuben is love, reuben is life.

MpNyy8OLRyaD1zzzoyim_GRS%207%20final%20-

dude, i dunno what is this, but this looks so tasty :(( I hate you now. 

2 минуты назад, DestroyerF5 сказал:

primero: Yo digo que DE no deberia comentar estas cosas en el foro del juego.

segundo: al referirte a las personas como negros, estas siendo racista, asi lo hagas por una buena causa, tienes que referirte a ellos como gente o personas que son, y no separarlos por estereotipos.

Пожалуйста, используйте английский язык. Спасибо. 

1 minute ago, Melanholic7 said:

dude, i dunno what is this, but this looks so tasty :(( I hate you now. 

It's a reuben sandwich! Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing between two slices of toasted rye bread.
It is the king of sandwiches. And you need one.
Now.

Reuben Sandwich Recipe - NYT Cooking

17 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

I think this is a good moment to lock this thread. I applaud and thank DE for taking a stance on this matter, but leaving this thread open for discussion is not going to end well.

Yeah its basically total fighting here. I'm just gonna put my opinion out here right now: I fully agree with DEs statement, but I don't agree with the way they put it out. I personally think that the forums aren't the best place for a post like this, and I think the replies show a clear example of why. Rather than just acknowledging the post and moving on we are arguing about the post and where we should have put it. If the thread stays open I can garuntee there will be more post just arguing about it. It's gone way off topic in my opinion and frankly should be closed, but again that's just my opinion. 

il y a 10 minutes, Duduminador a dit :

Y ahora volvemos a descartar todas las protestas como disturbios ...

En realidad, es irónico, porque lo único que la gente está haciendo, en absoluto, a través de Internet es discutir ...

Exacto, yo pienso que la gente anda como loka, claro el tipo que mato a floyd debe ser juzgado y metido en la carcel y nunca mas tocar su uniforme ni su arma, y pienso que al referirse a alguna persona por su color por ejemplo llamar a messi blanco y a pogba negro es ser racista, uno debe referirse a las personas como personas bien sea con su nombre o por un señalamiento del pais acorde al que vivas por ejemplo oye tu o usted o oye loco (se utiliza loco en venezuela para expresar un cariño, o para decir que verdaderamente estas loco), o simplente llamarlo oye ciudadano, pero nunca llamarlo por su color porque al señalarlo por su color asi de de buena manera o de mala estas siendo racista y estas ayudando a la causa del racismo sin saberlo, y de igual manera pasa con las personas de diferentes orientaciones sexuales, que las llaman gays en vez de llamarlas personas o ciudadanos o simplemente por su nombre, de igual forma ellos tambien se llaman gays sin saber ni entender que ellos mismos se clavan una navaja en el corazon, porque hay estas insitando el racismo, a todo esto solo digo, que las personas son personas y deben denominarse asi, sin siquiera pensar en su color sin, siquiera pensar en su orientacion sexual, todos somos personas, todos estamos en este mundo y todos merecemos que nos denominen como gente, humanos, ciudadanos y personas.

Just now, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Yeah its basically total fighting here. I'm just gonna put my opinion out here right now: I fully agree with DEs statement, but I don't agree with the way they put it out. I personally think that the forums aren't the best place for a post like this, and I think the replies show a clear example of why. Rather than just acknowledging the post and moving on we are arguing about the post and where we should have put it. If the thread stays open I can garuntee there will be more post just arguing about it. It's gone way off topic in my opinion and frankly should be closed, but again that's just my opinion. 

Why should we lock the thread when it would deprive everyone of knowing the glory that is the reuben?

Reuben_Sandwich_with_Russian_Dressing_1.

(I am in agreement though, replies should probably be locked)

Archived