Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is The Jackal Grineer Or Corpus Tech?

alphex

Its kinda confusing since its on Grineer ships and they also shoot bullets like grineer. While corpus don't use bullet types they could of stole it right? What do you guys think?

Edit:

remember that old dark sector trailer? you can see grineer using a old model jackal.

Edited by alphex

Jackal is Corpus, but stolen by Grineer in a base so you see one deactivated jackal in a grineer base. It has stomp attack like the fusion moa, it has mechanical bosy like the moa and the ospreys, it speaks mechanical language

So grineer should have their own Jackal then? Sad we don't see it.

There is a certain room in one Grineer tileset.

You often get this room when you need to gather Datamasses because the consoles are in that room, and in addition there are what appears to be several unfinished Jackals.

My personal theory is that the you know how during Capture missions against Grineer you still have to catch a Corpus Crewman? He's the one supplying them with the Jackal blueprints!

Edited by Brimir

There is a certain room in one Grineer tileset.

You often get this room when you need to gather Datamasses because the consoles are in that room, and in addition there are what appears to be several unfinished Jackals.

My personal theory is that the you know how during Capture missions against Grineer you still have to catch a Corpus Crewman? He's the one supplying them with the Jackal blueprints!

My theory is that Corpus stole it due to them using bullet types in there prototype.

Yea, there are some pretty hefty secrets these guys have...

Like how Vor's legs can be MOAS legs?

There is no way it is a Grineer design. It has too much in common with the various kinds of Corpus MOAs - coloured armour plates on top of black/grey mechanical parts is a core component in Corpus robotic design.

You never know it could of been stolen and they added stuff to it. I don't see why they added bullet guns to it since they are all about energy weapons. It could be either way though.

Who's seen the sliced up grineer on the operating table on the corpus map?

=P

ME ME!

You never know it could of been stolen and they added stuff to it. I don't see why they added bullet guns to it since they are all about energy weapons. It could be either way though.

Why do you focus so much on the weaponry? Grineer do not hold any sort of monopoly on ballistics. The fact that the Jackal shares all the same design as the other Corpus robotic units and bosses still points towards it indeed being a Corpus design.

Why do you focus so much on the weaponry? Grineer do not hold any sort of monopoly on ballistics. The fact that the Jackal shares all the same design as the other Corpus robotic units and bosses still points towards it indeed being a Corpus design.

DE had enough of a focus on weaponry to retcon the only definitively Corpus bullet weapon out of the market. Plasma and lasers are the only weapons  the Corpus make extensive use of, so the type of weaponry is important. That said, it is almost certainly a Corpus design.

No they don't but they favor bullet type guns. And Corpus favor energy guns. And like I said it could be both ways Corpus could of stolen it from Grineer or the Grineer could of stolen it from the Corpus. 

And if we could use the old trailer as  proof (we probably can't) the Grineer had a jackal on there side.

DE had enough of a focus on weaponry to retcon the only definitively Corpus bullet weapon out of the market. Plasma and lasers are the only weapons  the Corpus make extensive use of, so the type of weaponry is important. That said, it is almost certainly a Corpus design.

That brings up another fact that it could be Corpus. Grineer don't manufacture robot proxies. They do however manufacture cyborg limbs. 

Edited by alphex

No they don't but they favor bullet type guns. And Corpus favor energy guns. And like I said it could be both ways Corpus could of stolen it from Grineer or the Grineer could of stolen it from the Corpus. 

And if we could use the old trailer as  proof (we probably can't) the Grineer had a jackal on there side.

1. Just because they don't favor ballistics doesn't mean they don't use them - the Jackal/Hyena proves they do!

2. Of course there is that possibility, but they are not at even odds; it is far more likely it is a Corpus design stolen/looted by the Grineer than vice-versa.

3. Only the Corpus have, in-game, a Jackal/Hyena fighting for them. This suggest that the Grineer still haven't figured out how to make them work - once more tipping the scale in favor for it belonging to the Corpus.

1. Just because they don't favor ballistics doesn't mean they don't use them - the Jackal/Hyena proves they do!

2. Of course there is that possibility, but they are not at even odds; it is far more likely it is a Corpus design stolen/looted by the Grineer than vice-versa.

3. Only the Corpus have, in-game, a Jackal/Hyena fighting for them. This suggest that the Grineer still haven't figured out how to make them work - once more tipping the scale in favor for it belonging to the Corpus.

Indeed that is because the Grineer never manufactured robots before which means the Corpus could of gotten it working before them. 

What if Jackal was a compromise between Corpus and Grineer?

There are pictures of Corpus and Vor meeting up in some sort of alliance.

That is a possibility Corpus and Grineer both fear the Tenno so they made these to hunt out Tenno. 

That is a possibility Corpus and Grineer both fear the Tenno so they made these to hunt out Tenno. 

It would explain plenty wouldn't it?

They are still making lore as we speak.

Jackal could have been made this way due to lore that was not revealed yet.

I'd settle with Jackal being a Grineer/Corpus compromise as my head cannon.