Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"utility" Mod Slots.

Instinction

This seems to be a big enough issue that people are complaining about to warrant a thread of its own.

I'm hearing a lot of "there aren't enough warframe mod slots" and "there are so many useless mods" (i.e. hacker, maglev, etc.)

So what does the Warframe player-base think of the addition of something like "utility" slots to a warframe? Something similar to an Aura slot, but it takes up energy instead of giving it.

A designated area for mods that do not directly affect the power of the warframe, such as warm coat, heavy impact, intruder, surefooted, antitoxin, undying will, etc... Mods that do not directly boost a major stat such a stamina, hp, shields, power strength/efficiency, etc.

I personally something along the lines of this NEEDS to be implemented or we're going to continue to have what we have now except it's going to get worse: a LOT of useless mods filling up the drop table, making it harder to get the good mods we all want and need.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Instinction

You know what...normally I wouldn't say anything. But I think that a SINGLE utility mod slot would be fine and a lot of fun.

But I'd like it to be an un-polarized slot (With an option to be polarized with Forma.) and not interfere with having "utility" mods still attached to your Warframe's main build. A utility mod should just have an extra marking to indicate it is eligible for your utility slot.

My opinion.

You know what...normally I wouldn't say anything. But I think that a SINGLE utility mod slot would be fine and a lot of fun.

But I'd like it to be an un-polarized slot (With an option to be polarized with Forma.) and not interfere with having "utility" mods still attached to your Warframe's main build. A utility mod should just have an extra marking to indicate it is eligible for your utility slot.

My opinion.

I agree with this except I think at least two would be necessary. There are so many of these useless mods that only being able to use one as a "utility" wouldn't really be much of a change.

I do like the idea of it being unpolarized and it just having an eligibility marking.

thumbs up from me, and I would even like to see as many as 4 slots :P on weapons too. I hardly think it's gonna make us overpowered if we sprint a bit faster or our weapons can zoom in further. Just be a bit selective about which mods that goes into these slots and it'll be fine.

thumbs up from me, and I would even like to see as many as 4 slots :P on weapons too. I hardly think it's gonna make us overpowered if we sprint a bit faster or our weapons can zoom in further. Just be a bit selective about which mods that goes into these slots and it'll be fine.

Agreed. On the thought of "utilities" on weapons, it'd be something like attachments in the form of mods, which I think is a great idea.