Fixing Cold Procs?

HipofBabylon

Posted this on Reddit and got 0 feedback other than "that's a cool idea" so wanted to see what you guys on here thought.
Idk if anyone has posted an idea like this, sorry if someone did. I was thinking about this after seeing the glass dudes show up for the millionth time. Why not make the cold proc work in a similar fashion? So after x amount of cold proc or x time being affected by a cold proc the enemy freezes and gets an icicle or 2 on them that do % health damage to them when broken and either reduces their armor for a short time or make them more susceptible to status procs for a short time (similar to how ornn in league of legends makes champions brittle if you're familiar).

that would make Ice Damage extremely desirable by the 99% that struggles to Kill things.

besides, Ice Status is already pretty good. even with it being nerfed along with the introduction of Status stacking.

2 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

Never understand why DE make CC procs in the first place. 

Because not all frames have CC, why else? The idea is that you're supposed to bring weapons that actually compliment the play style you're using.

DE's real problem is that, with the enemy types, AI and environments they've made, there's no CC status that's better than 'Dead'. So the damage meta has taken over.

To OP's point, there's not really a reason to buff Cold, because the only way that Cold would be made a functionally useful proc is to give it Damage that actually aids that damage meta. If it's powerful enough that the status can help kill things better, then it'll become a staple. If it's not, then it won't be useful enough to include for Status, just for damage against the specific enemies that are weak against it.

9分钟前 , Birdframe_Prime 说:

Because not all frames have CC, why else? The idea is that you're supposed to bring weapons that actually compliment the play style you're using.

DE's real problem is that, with the enemy types, AI and environments they've made, there's no CC status that's better than 'Dead'. So the damage meta has taken over.

To OP's point, there's not really a reason to buff Cold, because the only way that Cold would be made a functionally useful proc is to give it Damage that actually aids that damage meta. If it's powerful enough that the status can help kill things better, then it'll become a staple. If it's not, then it won't be useful enough to include for Status, just for damage against the specific enemies that are weak against it.

The last time i find it useful is when people put blast on zenistar. Other then that never heard people using weapon to cc. Everyone is tring to avoid it. It even disturb player to headshot. And after procs rework devs still dont know that untill player complain it's too annoying.

22 minutes ago, BRZZAFK said:

The last time i find it useful is when people put blast on zenistar. Other then that never heard people using weapon to cc. Everyone is tring to avoid it. It even disturb player to headshot. And after procs rework devs still dont know that untill player complain it's too annoying.

That's... what I said...

That's literally what I said. That the damage meta has completely ruined the balance that was originally intended, and nobody uses it for that intent.

What I said, and even what you've said, doesn't change the reason that CC status procs exist, though. The fact that we ignore them in favour of something else doesn't change the 'why' of them being created.

1分钟前 , Birdframe_Prime 说:

That's... what I said...

That's literally what I said. That the damage meta has completely ruined the balance that was originally intended, and nobody uses it for that intent.

What I said, and even what you've said, doesn't change the reason that CC status procs exist, though. The fact that we ignore them in favour of something else doesn't change the 'why' of them being created.

I only play this game for two years. But was ever the porc cc weapon is meta in this game? And since we already know that damage is meta. Why the recent rework of procs  devs didnt rework them into damage to suit current meta? It doesnt make sense. Unless we are talking about a meta is not current in game but will be in the future.

5 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

But was ever the porc cc weapon is meta in this game?

It was, actually. There was a very long period of time during the Void Key meta where the strongest weapon for farming long runs (which gained the most Prime Parts) was the Torid, which you used to lay down clouds that would stagger and damage enemies in place to prevent them from approaching down corridors or around a corner. This would basically lock groups in place as they arrived where frames like Mag (with her old Shield Polarise that scaled infinitely) to kill them efficiently.

This would often combine with actual CC frames like Vauban to allow the weapons to strip armour and reduce total health. It was possible for a patient team to use this method to hit enemy levels in the multi-thousands while barely needing to work for it at all.

5 hours ago, BRZZAFK said:

Why the recent rework of procs  devs didnt rework them into damage to suit current meta?

Because, and this is very important: What we, the players, make into the Meta is often not what the game developers want or intend the meta to be.

DE wants us to have CC status on our weapons to give us flexibility and options. It's the unfortunate problem with the system that damage is more important due to how the enemies and the environments work, it's not a problem with the weapons.

If we want to talk about the future? Unless DE actually overhauls enemies, enemy types, enemy AI, and then pairs that up with better Environments to make sure we're at the disadvantage for the most part... then the meta isn't really going to shift.

And I can foresee, some time in the future, that DE will actually do something drastic, like nerfing players overall, with damage, abilities and everything connected to killing enemies having greatly reduced functions.

But that's because, again, what DE wants and what we do are two separate things ^^

Archived