Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop here your prediction about the inevitable Kuva Bramma nerf

vanaukas

So, from a few days ago I started to get more and more people with the Bramma Kuva until I reached this point almost on every mission I do on public:

Sin descripción disponible.

So, how many time until DE notice the balance on their weapons usage and give the Bramma the Catchmoon treatment? I think it would be on the next riven update with first dropping the dispo (based on usage) and then adding more penalties to the weapon itself, same with the Catchmoon.

What weapon do you think it will occupy the Bramma Kuva position it has right now? I think it would be the Acceltra again or the Kuva Khom along the Kuva Nukkor on secondaries. 

How many time it would take the whole nerf? 3 or 2 riven dispo nerf and then the weapon itself.

That's all, make your prediction, the winner will have his comment adorned with a medal, a star and a cup, maybe a crown too if I'm feeling generous.

UPDATE: I'm not asking a nerf for the Bramma (but a nerf on the VFX would be really nice), that's why I'm bringing the Catchmoon nerf as an example. It wasn't the first time and I won't be the last time of a nerf based on popularity.

Edited by xHeretic
little p.s
  • Like 1

Given that it's behind Liches, and its nature as basically a portable artillery weapon, I'm betting it'll be a Quality-of-life nerf.

Right now it has both, a decent ammo economy (given how effectively it slaughters things to get ammo) and a fast draw time. I suspect one or both will wind up nerfed - reducing its spam potential.

• Like 2

Just now, Nehra96 said:

They won't touch my Ogris... Yay! 

Or will they? 

pokemon what GIF

I don't want to think about a huge AOE changes, at least until they touch the Bramma to tweak it. But I'm afraid all AOE weapons (including amps) could suffer a nerf

7 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I don't want to think about a huge AOE changes, at least until they touch the Bramma to tweak it. But I'm afraid all AOE weapons (including amps) could suffer a nerf

They sort of already have, lol. Bramma was basically the final straw and catalyst for the self damage changes and radial damage falloff changes for explosives. Shraksun is extremely painful to use now for exactly this reason

Edited by MasterControl
  • Like 4

Kuva Bramma alone is a big motivation to do Lich Hunting.

I don't think they will nerf it to be honest, Bramma liches are selling like hotcakes in the community market. Just wait until some new META primary will take it's place (I can see Bramma getting power creeped by a Corpus lich's version of the Lenz).

• Like 5

I personally hope they lower its Status Chance, a big AoE burst damage weapon that has high crit AND can stack status due to multiple pellets is only compounding the AoE damage issue when you throw Viral on it.

Also why it has the second fastest charge speed of all bows is a bloody mystery to me.

• Like 3

6 months after it released so they make sure enough people get it, then nerf it. They need enough data for their chart to justify it.. 

I'm waiting for that day to come also. The Bramma is on my "abort mission" list if someone has it anyways.

• Like 7

Alright! Time to play Devil's advocate!

Cluster bombs are now unaffected by multi-shot mods. (What about other weapons? We saw the stats, don't worry about it.)

Kuva Bramma:

• Increased draw rate 0.4 > 1.0. (Being obviously faster than the most other bows we decided to :poop: on it)
  • Decreased Critical chance and damage 35% > 23% | 2.1x > 1.6x (Hue Hue Hue No more BRRRR)
  • Decreased amount of bomblets 6 > 3 (Lols we're still nerfing adjusting this feature.)
  • Decreased Radius 8.3m > 6.9m (Nice.)
  • increased Status Chance 21% > 25% (Its a status bow... Do.. viral things with it)
  • Max Ammo 15 > 10 (We like the number 10)
  • Increase Damage 187 > 200 (See we can be nice.)
  • Like 2

It will definitely be nerfed, there are far too many threads crying about the Bramma for DE not to take notice and do something.

Whether the nerf itself (at least initially) will be effective enough will be another thing. I'm expecting this might be more than 1 phase of nerfs for it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it won't happen.

Never say never..  if they don't come out and say it directly (though chances are they will given the amount of people that have it nowadays), it's not beyond DE to silently rework the weapon until it's not the meta of moment™.

51 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Given that it's behind Liches, and its nature as basically a portable artillery weapon, I'm betting it'll be a Quality-of-life nerf.

Right now it has both, a decent ammo economy (given how effectively it slaughters things to get ammo) and a fast draw time. I suspect one or both will wind up nerfed - reducing its spam potential.

Seems reasonable, good point.

41 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

They sort of already have, lol. Bramma was basically the final straw and catalyst for the self damage changes and radial damage falloff changes for explosives. Shraksun is extremely painful to use now for exactly this reason

Nah, .self stagger removal was something asked by the community from long ago. Shraksun can be used right now perfectly if you aim properly and you can use it with not just void dmg. In the past, a blast from the Shraksun with puncture or viral could oneshot your operator.

41 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it won't happen.

Big doubt considering the fact that DE doesn't like "Meta" weapons and they like balance overall. Rubico, Atterax, Mios and Catchmoon are recent and prime examples of what I'm saying.

25 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Kuva Bramma alone is a big motivation to do Lich Hunting.

I don't think they will nerf it to be honest, Bramma liches are selling like hotcakes in the community market. Just wait until some new META primary will take it's place (I can see Bramma getting power creeped by a Corpus lich's version of the Lenz).

I think it doesn't matter, because is not the only good weapon behind them and also it seems they don't care about the market. Look what happened to catchmoon rivens and arcanes (I'm not saying it's bad tho).

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I personally hope they lower its Status Chance, a big AoE burst damage weapon that has high crit AND can stack status due to multiple pellets is only compounding the AoE damage issue when you throw Viral on it.

Also why it has the second fastest charge speed of all bows is a bloody mystery to me.

Dunno if they are tweaked things like SC or CC on weapons before, they did it?

18 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

6 months after it released so they make sure enough people get it, then nerf it. They need enough data for their chart to justify it.. 

I'm waiting for that day to come also. The Bramma is on my "abort mission" list if someone has it anyways.

Sounds plausible.

16 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

When it gets nerfed, blame me. Things tend to get nerfed after I get my hands on them.

Lmfao I'm gonna post this comment too when the time comes.

15 minutes ago, DaMasque said:

Alright! Time to play Devil's advocate!

Cluster bombs are now unaffected by multi-shot mods. (What about other weapons? We saw the stats, don't worry about it.)

Kuva Bramma:

• Increased draw rate 0.4 > 1.0. (Being obviously faster than the most other bows we decided to :poop: on it)
  • Decreased Critical chance and damage 35% > 23% | 2.1x > 1.6x (Hue Hue Hue No more BRRRR)
  • Decreased amount of bomblets 6 > 3 (Lols we're still nerfing adjusting this feature.)
  • Decreased Radius 8.3m > 6.9m (Nice.)
  • increased Status Chance 21% > 25% (Its a status bow... Do.. viral things with it)
  • Max Ammo 15 > 10 (We like the number 10)
  • Increase Damage 187 > 200 (See we can be nice.)

Do you think they are going to nerf viral too? I'm sure it will be nerfed, the combo viral + heat is ridiculously effective against anything.

Just now, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

It will definitely be nerfed, there are far too many threads crying about the Bramma for DE not to take notice and do something.

Whether the nerf itself (at least initially) will be effective enough will be another thing. I'm expecting this might be more than 1 phase of nerfs for it

I feel bad for this thread now :sadcry:

Just now, xHeretic said:

Dunno if they are tweaked things like SC or CC on weapons before, they did it?

They did buff several weapons base chances, the melee rework was one slew of changes that was noteworthy.

So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they could address the status chance on it.

That's the big issue I have with the Bramma, what does it not do well in? It has bonkers crits, AoE, solid Status, a comically fast fire rate, a single ammo mutation mod can make ammo a non-issue and it can also use Hunter Munitions with comical ease.

The problem with the Bramma is that the only thing it DOESN'T do well is headshots...and honestly does it need to when it can spread Viral/Slash Crits endlessly faster than most weapons can kill a single target?

4 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Do you think they are going to nerf viral too? I'm sure it will be nerfed, the combo viral + heat is ridiculously effective against anything.

Viral can stack up to 10 meaning what ever unfortunate thing you are fighting will take 325% more damage. So do I think it'll get nerfed... Maybe one day. 

DE cuts the visual and audio effects by 75% and adds a passive:

Damage and kills made with the Bramma  increase squadmate stats on the mission summary screen rather than your own

...and hardly anybody cares about its damage output anymore, and magically Brammas in random squads become as rare as Stug Vandals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

They did buff several weapons base chances, the melee rework was one slew of changes that was noteworthy.

So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they could address the status chance on it.

That's the big issue I have with the Bramma, what does it not do well in? It has bonkers crits, AoE, solid Status, a comically fast fire rate, a single ammo mutation mod can make ammo a non-issue and it can also use Hunter Munitions with comical ease.

The problem with the Bramma is that the only thing it DOESN'T do well is headshots...and honestly does it need to when it can spread Viral/Slash Crits endlessly faster than most weapons can kill a single target?

Yeah but I was talking about a single weapon ratehr than changing a whole weapon class (melee on your example). 

1 hour ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Nerf Bramma? Nah, better nerf all explosive along with it.

Sadly seems the only way

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

best way to nerf imo opinion is a slower draw time and maybe reduce the number of clusters like just remove one of splits from the arrow

Sounds reasonable too

56 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

make the draw time like 20 seconds, dont bother changing anything else.

hahah

53 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Nerf the cluster bomb VFX.

Also nerf the bomb damage to non-existent.

And there you go, mastery-folder subject number 140 done.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I don't even use it but I'd be happy if they just tone down the visual effects.  I don't really care how powerful your weapon is as long as it doesn't blind me.

I think the VFX is one of the most unbareable thigns about that weapon. And, because we hhave a non toxic and amazing community, guess what is the primary color I see on the Bramma.. Yeah, WHITE.

47 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Peps will go running to grab their

Q7jZ9nU.jpg

And fill the forums.

Ah yes, salt prime, I miss those threads since the catchmoon nerf and riven dispo changes.

34 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

How would they nerf it though all I can think of is nerf the dmg and blast radius. 

Blast radius isn't that big actually, but the number of "mini" explosions is ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

DE cuts the visual and audio effects by 75% and adds a passive:

Damage and kills made with the Bramma  increase squadmate stats on the mission summary screen rather than your own

...and hardly anybody cares about its damage output anymore, and magically Brammas in random squads become as rare as Stug Vandals.

The fourms will become the biggest salt flat in the world, bigger than the Salar de Uyuni.