Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop here your prediction about the inevitable Kuva Bramma nerf

vanaukas

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Given that it's behind Liches, and its nature as basically a portable artillery weapon, I'm betting it'll be a Quality-of-life nerf.

Right now it has both, a decent ammo economy (given how effectively it slaughters things to get ammo) and a fast draw time. I suspect one or both will wind up nerfed - reducing its spam potential.

Yeah, give it like a 5 or 4 ammo capacity, triple the draw time, keep the nuke like damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim22 said:

How would they nerf it though all I can think of is nerf the dmg and blast radius. 

Give Bramma much higher AOE and more cluster bombs, but then significantly reduce damage and then call this a buff... just like shotguns.

You'll be able to tickle everything, say 25m, around your shot and also greatly increase your risk of being staggered. Doesn't that sound fun?

EDIT: So you do it by area... Bramma's explosion radius is 8.3m ... triple that for 24.9m and then scale the damage down so that it's "balanced"

D*pi*8.3^2 = r*D*pi*(3*8.3)^2

r = 1/9 (this is far worse than an Extinguished Dragon Key which is 1/4)

So make Kuva Bramma do around 1/9th the damage in 24.9m radius. It'll stagger you more and it won't be killing tough enemies so well anymore... but it'll look stronger because enormous AOE! Everyone will be fooled.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

as a person who has always enjoyed bows in mmo's I love that a bow is finally use able game that keeps up with the pace of warframe but also isn't trash. 

the lenz was used because it was the only viable option.  however having to wait for the explosion was way to slow. that plus you know killing yourself. which is now gone.

assuming they nerf bramma to the ground. and idk. potentially making it worse than lenz the same problem will exist for the next strongest highly used weapon ?

at what point does this circle jerk stop? is it just a never ending cycle of killing weapons because " omg so many people using x weapon ? " 

with that in mind for the sake of the nerf bandwagon here are some things that can balance the weapon a bit more from my perspective as a primarily bow weapon user except in certain  content

1. decreasing reload speed.

2. decrease fire rate to 0.7

3. decreasing base damage. 

4. decreasing base MS to 0.5 

5. Hitting the Riven disposition. 

6. Reducing damage or amount of bomblets.

7. hitting the Crit/Status. (tho imo they are already a bit on the low side compared to other bows)

even if all of this was done. I would still use the weapon because i like bows. and there is currently no reason for me to not use the weapon in any content outside of min maxing certain bosses.

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

Yea aoe is obviously popular for MMOs, but they're supposed to come with a drawback, or something to make you say: "God I love this weapon, but its (insert drawback) is a pain."

I personally haven't used the Bramma, but I've used the Lenz and it seems like a Lenz stripped of all hindrances and handicaps, like that dumb pause waiting for the dome to explode.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

First Rule of Warframe: Never get attached to anything.

Absolutely true.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Yeah, give it like a 5 or 4 ammo capacity, triple the draw time, keep the nuke like damage.

I think tweaking the ammo wouldn't change much of it, considering our exilus for ammo and also using wukong clone / specters / umbra to spam it without worrying about ammo.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Give Bramma much higher AOE and more cluster bombs, but then significantly reduce damage and then call this a buff... just like shotguns.

You'll be able to tickle everything, say 25m, around your shot and also greatly increase your risk of being staggered. Doesn't that sound fun?

EDIT: So you do it by area... Bramma's explosion radius is 8.3m ... triple that for 24.9m and then scale the damage down so that it's "balanced"

D*pi*8.3^2 = r*D*pi*(3*8.3)^2

r = 1/9 (this is far worse than an Extinguished Dragon Key which is 1/4)

So make Kuva Bramma do around 1/9th the damage in 24.9m radius. It'll stagger you more and it won't be killing tough enemies so well anymore... but it'll look stronger because enormous AOE! Everyone will be fooled.

I didn't understand the math behind, but this sound nice.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

up the draw time and drop either crit or status chance. likely drop the status since it can multiproc anyways. that would put it in line pretty well. 

Most of the predictions are based on the draw time

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

as a person who has always enjoyed bows in mmo's I love that a bow is finally use able game that keeps up with the pace of warframe but also isn't trash. 

the lenz was used because it was the only viable option.  however having to wait for the explosion was way to slow. that plus you know killing yourself. which is now gone.

assuming they nerf bramma to the ground. and idk. potentially making it worse than lenz the same problem will exist for the next strongest highly used weapon ?

at what point does this circle jerk stop? is it just a never ending cycle of killing weapons because " omg so many people using x weapon ? " 

with that in mind for the sake of the nerf bandwagon here are some things that can balance the weapon a bit more from my perspective as a primarily bow weapon user except in certain  content

1. decreasing reload speed.

2. decrease fire rate to 0.7

3. decreasing base damage. 

4. decreasing base MS to 0.5 

5. Hitting the Riven disposition. 

6. Reducing damage or amount of bomblets.

7. hitting the Crit/Status. (tho imo they are already a bit on the low side compared to other bows)

even if all of this was done. I would still use the weapon because i like bows. and there is currently no reason for me to not use the weapon in any content outside of min maxing certain bosses.

Dunno, I'm not the one asking for nerfs or the one who balance things around nerfs to bring later more balance problems. I think this is the endless cycle of balancing tho, creating balance is a very hard task (in my experience at least), I think a balance on a large scale game as warframe must be the perfect example of the hell itself.

1 hour ago, Joltyboi said:

Me: *sees this post and grabs my lich hunting gear*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRch7KZwysT7QfNdGpEj5t

Before its too late.

lmfao

43 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I hope they nerf its particle effects

I've got a rig that carried me easily through Doom Eternal. It can handle one or two Bramma just fine, but when Mirages join the squad I start getting stutters

Yes, please, I think I'm gonna do a feedback thread on this issue if no one are bringing this up. 

40 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

doesn't matter whether they nerf kuva bramma or not

knowing DE and their style of balancing, after the nerf on bramma, we will probably see an aoe weapon with bigger radius and more damage get released

I'm sure they are going to nerf it, that's why I'm predicting when and how they will start the whole process. 

20 minutes ago, Prexades said:

The draw speed of the Bramma should be much slower, slower than bows shooting non AoE arrows.

I think this is the winner on the prediction, I'll had to screenshot a lot of comments.

15 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Yeah, go ahead and nerf the bramma into the ground. Then literally nobody will be doing liches.

They are going to nerf it anyway, liches aren't just the Bramma, all the kuva variants are better than it's regular counterparts and a lot of people like those weapons or want it for that sweet MR... We also have the ephemeras. I doubt people will stop playing liches based on this, but time will be the judge here.

Nerf the draw speed to bring it in line with other bows. Fix the mastery rank requirement so it's locked to like mr16. I'm somewhat glad we finally have a very good bow, I just think it should be one of the final weapons you get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea aoe is obviously popular for MMOs, but they're supposed to come with a drawback, or something to make you say: "God I love this weapon, but its (insert drawback) is a pain."

I personally haven't used the Bramma, but I've used the Lenz and it seems like a Lenz stripped of all hindrances and handicaps, like that dumb pause waiting for the dome to explode.

Maybe bigger radius shold be enough for more self stagger?

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

ESPECIALLY considering the lenz and it's draw speed.

Yeah, the lenz is powerful but it has downsides...

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

All they need to Nerf is the draw speed, because right now it's clearly insane, being a super lenz in damage with none of the drawbacks and radius while also firing faster than all but one bow! It literally feels like a gun a random modder would make for s&gs!

As I said before, I think that's a way to fix it for sure

2 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Nerf the draw speed to bring it in line with other bows. Fix the mastery rank requirement so it's locked to like mr16. I'm somewhat glad we finally have a very good bow, I just think it should be one of the final weapons you get.

2 things I think people are missing on this thread. This isn't a suggestion thread, it's "this is going to happen" thread, a prediction thread. And kuva weapons can bypass MR locks, they are dropped directly to your foundry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

I reckon they'll take up my horrible, chastised and publicly indecent idea of using Kuva as bullets instead of regular ammo. The salt will flow.

Oh nonono that doesent go far enough. Behold the Bramma the only weapon you need to craft ammo for! Crafting time 1 hour for 10 arrows using 1,000 Kuva, 5,000 detonite ampul, and 1,000 Hexanon.

P.s. Yes im bored at work.

• Like 3

I really wonder if all we'd need is a Dispo nerf to see less Bramma use. For some reason a lot of people seem to equate a nerf to a weapon's Riven Disposition as a nerf to the weapon itself, saying "___ trash now" even if they've never had a Riven for the weapon.

Beyond that, I think a significant Charge Rate nerf would make this weapon fair. Comparing Bramma to Lenz, the former not only has better damage and Status with a paltry sacrifice to Crit chance, it charges three times faster than its only explody-bow competitior, making it ideal for spamming all over the map. It's even faster than all other standard Bows (except Rakta Cernos) which are single target. The fact that Bramma slays groups faster than other Bows slay single targets, and that the only other group-slaying bow has just a third the speed of it, is the most significant issue with the Bramma and its ubiquity.

Yeah, make Bramma slower as a trade-off for its AoE. That way the weapon actually has some kind of trade-off.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

ESPECIALLY considering the lenz and it's draw speed.

almost all kuva weapons* have superior QoL and ammo economy stats (such as reload, magazine size; draw speed can be included here, and even punch through which was added to kuva karak) to comparable weapons. that's the core characteristic of this weapon variant. 

compromising on this means that they dillute what it means for a weapon to be a kuva weapon.

* except k. chakkhur which can't really be compared to anything previously existing

It’s already been nerfed in a round about way when DE did the AOE changes and ruined other weapons in the process.  It was so much more powerful for about 2 weeks when it released (plus it’s a pain to get).   Not for OP but if u don’t like people kit play solo or get better, the games supposed to be fun.

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 1