Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop here your prediction about the inevitable Kuva Bramma nerf

vanaukas

10 minutes ago, hendrix923 said:

the games supposed to be fun and if u don’t like peoples kit play solo or play better 

People are allowed to provide feedback, so long as it's within the rules. If you don't like that stay off the forums or create your little echo chamber here.

Fair's fair, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

People are allowed to provide feedback, so long as it's within the rules. If you don't like that stay off the forums or create your little echo chamber here.

Fair's fair, right?

I edited my post I was not referring to the OP but the power creep group. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hendrix923 said:

It’s already been nerfed in a round about way when DE did the AOE changes and ruined other weapons in the process.  It was so much more powerful for about 2 weeks when it released (plus it’s a pain to get).   Not for OP but if u don’t like people kit play solo or get better, the games supposed to be fun.

A lot of people find fun in the debate on meta, the questions, finding their own individual playstyle.

Having a distinct 'best option' hanging over their heads somewhat demotivating to that.

personally I'd just make the arrows heavier: if they drop more, that's a range nerf, and I always preferred using the Bramma at long range, it feels more like a mortar than a bow. you'd still see it on open worlds and wider maps, but not so much on the corridors, where it tends to get in the way.

I doubt it will ever get touched though; it's the main reason to hunt Liches and I imagine trading them and their Rivens (even with garbage disposition) brings in a lot of plat. people will be using it until another meta primary comes along, and one will eventually.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

A lot of people find fun in the debate on meta, the questions, finding their own individual playstyle.

Having a distinct 'best option' hanging over their heads somewhat demotivating to that.

I agree to an extent, top new weapons are good for business. But I think the nerfs and DE not committing to an over all vision has hurt the game over the last few years. 

Edited by hendrix923

5 minutes ago, hendrix923 said:

I agree to an extent, top new weapons are good for business. But I think the nerfs and DE not committing to an over all vision has hurt the game over the last few years. 

Nerfs do not hurt the game. If anything's hurt the game, it's DE letting power creep get to the point where they can't make satisfying content anymore. We can cheese things with such little input that new content can rarely stand on its own, because mechanically it's identical to old content - because we're so overpowered, we can just brute force through with the same strategies, ones that usually ignore the environment, meaning maps might as well be identical.

• Like 1

It's main problem, imo, is it makes every other weapon redundant. 

I see loads of mr6-9 players running about with this.  They think it's great as they can now kill stuff and keep up with the big boys if you like.  But why use anything else?  Everything else is now "trash" cos it can't wipe maps.

It takes away player progression and discovery if literally every other weapon is now mr fodder.

And it's the play style too.  Just spam rockets in all directions as fast as you can.  No need to aim, or even check if there's enemies in the direction they're firing.

Warframe has a pretty low skill ceiling anyway, but by god, this weapon removes even that.

Give it a 3 second draw time and 2 second reload to counter the bramma spamma mentality.

Increase aoe but half the aoe damage.  Then give it 3x more damage on direct hits.  Will cause more staggers and encourage aiming.

Nerfing riv dispo will definitely happen but isn't enough.  Firstly, because it doesn't need a riven and, secondly, because few players have a bramma riv anyway. 

• Like 1

idk but its very boring see  2/4 - 3/4 groupmembers with that bow in most evry mission... is that the game u want? i dont want that kind of game. its the first time in my  long warframe"life" that i really dont like a weapon - because ~80% of players use it.  i did lichs in the last weeks and i only saw lichs with a brama...just wow. and we all know that DE will see it and will do something against it. and at end the brama users will cry a ocean full of tears because thei bought expensive rivens for that bow,.. maybe selfdamage can fix that bow idk.

for me the "meta" stuff is overrated and kind of a youngster problem, 

and i have one question... which utuber said that brama is meta?^^

cya ham

(my english isnt the strongest hero in town but i hope u get my point)

Edited by hamfairy
  • Like 1

My prediction is that the players making the complaints won't last long enough to play the game with bramma changes.

Bramma is a visually great weapon, it's not that they are killing more enemies with a charge bow, the fundemental mechanics behind bramma prevent from it ever becoming a good weapon for all situations, it's very similar to the tigris, yes it's powerfull, but good luck killing 1000 enemies in a 5 min survival by using just the weapon, you can't, i don't even think it's mathematically possible to reload and shoot that fast.

Yes players are using bramma, but it's  certainly not to kill enemies, it's just a fun weapon to use, you're showing the player usage in a mission but you didn't display the final results nor you know if the average kill per hour or average kills per mission has been growing since the bramma introduction, in fact, due to the nature of the weapon it's likely that they are actually getting less kills, they might be getting more fun out of the missions, but fun does not equal results.

So a nerf is FUTILE and will instead make players use other weapons that are more efficient, it may be just a few extra kills each time, but it's more, unless ofcourse you go with the tigris.

It will also not impact efficient players, who for the most part don't use bramma, i for example used it recently in a plains of eidolon bow only sortie and that was it.

Edited by KIREEK

It might need a nerf but honestly after a while It's really boring to use.

I prefer to try out other weapons nowadays especially because the bramma can't really deal well with targets that need to be shot on specific weak points.

Maybe we could just bring in more of that. 

hace 12 horas, --Brandt-- dijo:

6 months after it released so they make sure enough people get it, then nerf it. They need enough data for their chart to justify it.. 

I'm waiting for that day to come also. The Bramma is on my "abort mission" list if someone has it anyways.

A great veteran, great that you leave the rest of the team on a mission because you don't like the weapons they carry or because you don't like the way they play. They should add an option to report players like you who carry out this type of actions leaving the team hanging

If you look at a lot of other games and the way they handle powerful AOE weapons, then they tend to be weapons with low & very limited ammo/and or timer so you can only use it every xx seconds.

DE implementation is contra and has weapon you can spam with very impressive damage.  So idk, I would nerf ammo count and reload time.  Or reduce damage so it's only good for trash mobs.  Agreed with OP.  It's becoming ubiquitous.  As someone else mentioned, I would expect DE to wait six months until they've milked enough people to buy liches, rivens and forma to make their Bramma as powerful as can be, then nerf it to the ground.

• Like 1

Sh*t, I hope they nerf it to the ground, I hate the f*cking thing, not only is annoying to constantly try to find something to kill because that one teammate (or all of them) are killing everything in front of you, but if those people happen to set the right energy colour on the Bramma it all turns into a Sh*tshow, it's the Saryn of weapons.

Edited by (PS4)xBellikx
  • Like 2

Personally I don't care about what happens to the Bramma, mostly because of the visual cluster-f4ck, and so prefer explosive weapons like Kuva Ogris (with Nightwatch Napalm) and Corinth Prime alt shots.

It is a fact tho' that it requires a nerf on the AoE damage.

Increase fall off damage on AOE simple fix. From point of contact of AOE damage :

2m 25%

3m 50%

4m 60%

5m 70%

6m 80%

7m 85%

8m 90%

9m 95%

Bomb-let's- 10% of damage divided by the number of pellets.

Or just do a 3m full AOE damage and leave the rest as is

Edited by kwlingo

1 hour ago, PREDATOR2d2 said:

A great veteran, great that you leave the rest of the team on a mission because you don't like the weapons they carry or because you don't like the way they play. They should add an option to report players like you who carry out this type of actions leaving the team hanging

Excellent idea-- can think of no downsides.  And Prince gives his full support.

serious black and white GIF

• Like 2

its the most fun weapon in the game now. Dont need a nerf...what is needed is DE make new weapons good too!

Everybody is using kuva bramma not because damage because its fun!

see opticor vandal....a totally fail! Better weapons warframe needs! Kuva bramma its a case of sucess....but if DE nerfe it the game over for all.

2 hours ago, PREDATOR2d2 said:

I find it hilarious how we as a community seem to have such contradictory ideas sometimes.

I've literally seen, numerous times, people saying "if you don't like x, just leave the mission".

And now when someone does, we want to punish them for it.

So what, if we get into a garbage mission like that we're supposed to just suck it up and wait for it to all be over? Pretty sure that's how you get reported for afking.

Maybe we should all just be banned till 2035 and get it over and done with. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I find it hilarious how we as a community seem to have such contradictory ideas sometimes.

I've literally seen, numerous times, people saying "if you don't like x, just leave the mission".

And now when someone does, we want to punish them for it.

So what, if we get into a garbage mission like that we're supposed to just suck it up and wait for it to all be over? Pretty sure that's how you get reported for afking.

Maybe we should all just be banned till 2035 and get it over and done with. 

Maybe the community isn't a monolith and different people have different thoughts on things? When you're talking about 26 million registered losers, there are bound to be people who don't share that thought.

I mean I personally am of the opinion that if you don't want to do the mission with someone that's fine. Quit it and do something else. But I also think it's kinda a $&*^ move if you don't quit it at the start, wait until we're 15 waves into a 30 wave Nightwave that you agreed to and explicitly partied with us for, and then just peace out. So ehh.

That being said I really don't see why the Bramma needs a nerf. It's not a weapon I'd personally use, but it's not like it hurts me that people do use it. Why is something being popular a bad thing? Why does it hurt people so much to see this now trending that they want to nerf it into the floor? Is it's power a little on the high side? Sure. But why is that an issue?

I'm very much not looking forward to them deciding all AOE weapons need to be nerfed with a bigger knockback radius, and full knockdown that's immune to knockdown reduction... >.>

8 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

almost all kuva weapons* have superior QoL and ammo economy stats (such as reload, magazine size; draw speed can be included here, and even punch through which was added to kuva karak) to comparable weapons. that's the core characteristic of this weapon variant. 

compromising on this means that they dillute what it means for a weapon to be a kuva weapon.

* except k. chakkhur which can't really be compared to anything previously existing

Ah man, I never found the BP for the non-kuva Bramma. I'd love to have a bow-shaped rocket launcher.

That said, I haven't used the thing, but from what I've read, it seems like lowering it's overall RoF and making the explosions a little less extra would bring it more in line with other weapons.

Edited by Woolytop
On-Topic

36 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Maybe the community isn't a monolith and different people have different thoughts on things? When you're talking about 26 million registered losers, there are bound to be people who don't share that thought.

Yes, that's why I said "we as a community", to indicate awareness of multiple entities within the community. I hope that repeating that sentence makes it clearer.

The reason I posted however, is because of the curious nature of how these ideas never seem to appear at the same time.

Where's the "I'll report you" posters in threads where people are told to leave missions they don't like, I wonder?

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes, that's why I said "we as a community", to indicate awareness of multiple entities within the community. I hope that repeating that sentence makes it clearer.

The reason I posted however, is because of the curious nature of how these ideas never seem to appear at the same time.

Where's the "I'll report you" posters in threads where people are told to leave missions they don't like, I wonder?

Probably not focussed on them because they agree with the OP and because disagreement elicits a stronger engagement than agreement? Same reason why the vast majority of comments on YouTube videos are negative.

If people agree with you there's not much for them to add to the conversation by going "yup, sounds good", whereas if people disagree with you, they're going to probably post about it, and maybe even actually read through the 3 pages of other posts before doing so.

And to be clear, this applies to responding to other people in that thread for fundamentally the same reason, because if they agree with the OP they're far less likely to read through all the other comments to find the ones they disagree with.