Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop here your prediction about the inevitable Kuva Bramma nerf

vanaukas

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Probably not focussed on them because they agree with the OP and because disagreement elicits a stronger engagement than agreement? Same reason why the vast majority of comments on YouTube videos are negative.

If people agree with you there's not much for them to add to the conversation by going "yup, sounds good", whereas if people disagree with you, they're going to probably post about it, and maybe even actually read through the 3 pages of other posts before doing so.

And to be clear, this applies to responding to other people in that thread for fundamentally the same reason, because if they agree with the OP they're far less likely to read through all the other comments to find the ones they disagree with.

I find it interesting how you've decided to explain basic forum behaviour to someone with over 14 thousand posts.

Apologies for giving off the impression that I needed such an explanation. 

For what it's worth, nothing here actually addresses what I said, nor do you need to address what was said as it was rhetorical. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

My prediction is that the players making the complaints won't last long enough to play the game with bramma changes.

Bramma is a visually great weapon, it's not that they are killing more enemies with a charge bow, the fundemental mechanics behind bramma prevent from it ever becoming a good weapon for all situations, it's very similar to the tigris, yes it's powerfull, but good luck killing 1000 enemies in a 5 min survival by using just the weapon, you can't, i don't even think it's mathematically possible to reload and shoot that fast.

Yes players are using bramma, but it's  certainly not to kill enemies, it's just a fun weapon to use, you're showing the player usage in a mission but you didn't display the final results nor you know if the average kill per hour or average kills per mission has been growing since the bramma introduction, in fact, due to the nature of the weapon it's likely that they are actually getting less kills, they might be getting more fun out of the missions, but fun does not equal results.

So a nerf is FUTILE and will instead make players use other weapons that are more efficient, it may be just a few extra kills each time, but it's more, unless ofcourse you go with the tigris.

It will also not impact efficient players, who for the most part don't use bramma, i for example used it recently in a plains of eidolon bow only sortie and that was it.

Wait, what? The visual of that weapon are really annoying, I can't see S#&$ when a mission has  3 wukongs with their clones spamming the bramma or when a  single mirage with clones use it use it. The clutter of explosions with white energy (the fav energy of kuva users) makes me sick and I walways have to run from them to actually see something. Also, What's the point about the killings? I don't get it. DE nerf things based on disproportionate usage (I can't understand why I have to say this so many times, but please remember what happened to the catchmoon). The tigris is dead right now, Kuva Khom replaced it (hell, even Exergis). But yeah, I agree that problem will always exist, but since I'm not a dev and I don't make nerf or even suggestions about it, I don't understand the point of discussing it here. The title is very clear.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

That being said I really don't see why the Bramma needs a nerf. It's not a weapon I'd personally use, but it's not like it hurts me that people do use it. Why is something being popular a bad thing? Why does it hurt people so much to see this now trending that they want to nerf it into the floor? Is it's power a little on the high side? Sure. But why is that an issue?

I'm very much not looking forward to them deciding all AOE weapons need to be nerfed with a bigger knockback radius, and full knockdown that's immune to knockdown reduction... >.>

Again, Catchmoon nerf. There, with format. It's not about people asking for a nerf, they are going to nerf it because that's how they bring balance.

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

its the most fun weapon in the game now. Dont need a nerf...what is needed is DE make new weapons good too!

I agree on better weapons... But better for me is on the Basmu side, "ok power" weapons with new or interesting mechanics (The healing pulse is awesome for CC and self sustain)

31 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Probably not focussed on them because they agree with the OP and because disagreement elicits a stronger engagement than agreement? Same reason why the vast majority of comments on YouTube videos are negative.

Sorry, but you seems to be confused about my opinion you are bringing into discussion. For umpteenth time, I'm not asking for a nerf, I'm completely sure they are going to nerf it on the same way they nerfed the Catchmoon.

__

This thread was to "make a prediction" (it's literally on the title and on the post itself), dunno why people started to ask for nerf or discuss if it deserves a nerf or not. Go and make another thread to discuss that, here you drop your prediction and if you don't have one or doesn't agree with the incoming nerf, fine, don't derail it. Simple. 

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

Wait, what? The visual of that weapon are really annoying, I can't see S#&$ when a mission has  3 wukongs with their clones spamming the bramma or when a  single mirage with clones use it use it.

I think it's the opposite, to me, that sort of craziness, clones, extra projectiles and effects is what i find amazing in warframe, the more i can produce, the better it is.

19 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I think it's the opposite, to me, that sort of craziness, clones, extra projectiles and effects is what i find amazing in warframe, the more i can produce, the better it is.

Wold be nice of they tone them down for teammates as they did in the past for other weapons and abilities

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

Sorry, but you seems to be confused about my opinion you are bringing into discussion. For umpteenth time, I'm not asking for a nerf, I'm completely sure they are going to nerf it on the same way they nerfed the Catchmoon.

Why are you replying to a comment I explicitly addressed to someone else in general terms as though I addressed it to you in personal terms?

I was speaking about the OP of any topic in general. If people disagree with the OP, any OP not just you, people are more likely to post in that thread.

The comment made there had literally nothing to do with you.

2 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Again, Catchmoon nerf. There, with format. It's not about people asking for a nerf, they are going to nerf it because that's how they bring balance.

And...? I never disagreed that they would.

Neither parts of my post were addressed at you or said anything about your statements, so why are you acting like I'm somehow misrepresenting your point? O.o

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Why are you replying to a comment I explicitly addressed to someone else in general terms as though I addressed it to you in personal terms?

I was speaking about the OP of any topic in general. If people disagree with the OP, any OP not just you, people are more likely to post in that thread.

The comment made there had literally nothing to do with you.

And...? I never disagreed that they would.

Neither parts of my post were addressed at you or said anything about your statements, so why are you acting like I'm somehow misrepresenting your point? O.o

Oh I thought you were talking about me, the OP here. 

I said that about the catchmoon nerf because you said:

3 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

That being said I really don't see why the Bramma needs a nerf. It's not a weapon I'd personally use, but it's not like it hurts me that people do use it. Why is something being popular a bad thing? Why does it hurt people so much to see this now trending that they want to nerf it into the floor? Is it's power a little on the high side? Sure. But why is that an issue?

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I've literally seen, numerous times, people saying "if you don't like x, just leave the mission".

And now when someone does, we want to punish them for it.

So what, if we get into a garbage mission like that we're supposed to just suck it up and wait for it to all be over? Pretty sure that's how you get reported for afking.

Maybe we should all just be banned till 2035 and get it over and done with. 

We've achieved peak insanity with this topic methinks.

"You are contributing nothing to this mission because I am killing everything that poses a threat faster than you can get to them, IF YOU STAY I REPORT YOU FOR AFKING IF YOU LEAVE I REPORT YOU FOR LEAVING".

...I honestly think I heard one of my brain cells explode from that logic, I can only hope that the person you quoted is a one-of-a-kind outlier in that thinking, but deep down I know that it isn't and that makes me a very sad Excalibro.

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

"You are contributing nothing to this mission because I am killing everything that poses a threat faster than you can get to them, IF YOU STAY I REPORT YOU FOR AFKING IF YOU LEAVE I REPORT YOU FOR LEAVING"

Ah man, after today I needed that chuckle. Thank you. :smile:

21 hours ago, Aldain said:

I personally hope they lower its Status Chance, a big AoE burst damage weapon that has high crit AND can stack status due to multiple pellets is only compounding the AoE damage issue when you throw Viral on it.

Also why it has the second fastest charge speed of all bows is a bloody mystery to me.

that is odd especially considering the lenz is one of the slowest bows nerf draw speed and MS on the brama should put it in line.  

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Rubico prime for bosses i have to aim at wesk spots.

That's why you won't succeed at Lephantis/Plague Star Boss unless Titania or similar blows it up (in case you're lucky enough to have her in your group)

6 minutes ago, SplineDrive said:

That's why you won't succeed at Lephantis/Plague Star Boss unless Titania or similar blows it up (in case you're lucky enough to have her in your group)

Lol already killed said bosses with rubico mate. I don't at present need to bother with either boss. They give me nothing of value. Hell no boss fight atm is worth doing for me. Unless it happens to be the sortie mission.

I have no reason to care about fighting level 200 plus enemies all the time. I have almost everything in the game.

I just crack skulls for stress relief.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Lol already killed said bosses with rubico mate. I don't at present need to bother with either boss. They give me nothing of value. Hell no boss fight atm is worth doing for me. Unless it happrns to be the sortie mission.

I have no reason to care about fighting level 200 plus enemies all the time. I have almost everything in the game.

I think you're talking c/r/a/p tbh mate.    No one uses snipers against Lephantis unless they're a psycho that likes to make their boss battle go on for 69 minutes mate.  Use a machine gun like everyone else mate and then you will be done with it a lot quicker mate.

You can fight (or not fight) everything in that game.  That's up to you though if you think it's worth it.  Carry on if you want to get everything else in the game/

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I've literally seen, numerous times, people saying "if you don't like x, just leave the mission".

And now when someone does, we want to punish them for it.

I'm just having a great ol' time imagining the report interaction with DE.  It's fun to pretend it involves a telephone call--maybe with, like, a rotary phone and a switchboard that you see in old movies..

Disgruntled Player:  Hi, I'd like to report a player for bad behavior

DE: I'm sorry that this happened.  What exactly occurred?

DP: The dude was playing for a minute and then left.

DE: Oh, you mean he stayed in the mission but he stopped doing anything.  Yeah, that's...

DP: No, he aborted.

DE: So, it was something rude he said before he aborted?

DP:  No, he seemed pretty chill.  A lot of players will squawk in chat when I start spamming my Bramma at their feet.  But no,  this guy didn't beg me to stop or suggest I was an imbecilic cheesewit, or yap about a seizure coming on and could somebody please call emergency services...or anything.  So that was cool.

DE: Uhh, well, what is the nature of your complaint then?

DP:  He left us hanging!  I'm telling you, we started getting effin murdered in that Mars sabotage mission after he left.

DE:  ...

DP:  Hello?  Hello?  Helllooooooo?  I think we got cut off.  Don't worry I'll keep calling back until together we get this dude banned.

• Like 3

On 2020-06-02 at 9:34 PM, Loza03 said:

Given that it's behind Liches, and its nature as basically a portable artillery weapon, I'm betting it'll be a Quality-of-life nerf.

Right now it has both, a decent ammo economy (given how effectively it slaughters things to get ammo) and a fast draw time. I suspect one or both will wind up nerfed - reducing its spam potential.

Well know more with the introduction of hard mode. I'd like to see what changes will come with that being introduced.

i not really care about nerfs on bramma but please make the explosion a bit small and with less flash

Its really bad play warframe with 3 guys without aim playing with joystick shooting you with bramma for the entire day

Edited by Danielw8

The weapon should be nerfed not because its most used,,because its to much unbalanced...the rivens are based in usage, so they will be nerfed inevitabily.
I really stoped doing PUBs because of that..seein MR12 in a brahma killing everything whit no real effort..is just sad...
Buts thats why i prefer solo play. I dont want people stop using what they like..If someone needs a Brahama to  do real damage in this game, use what you want, use what makes you happy...but expect a host migration for me... i will not play in a squad whit that anomaly of weapon....

P.S. : Please make LENZ great again!!! (by making brahma 2 secs seconds charge rate. You want damage? wait for it..)

It's pretty clear that there's always going to be enough "Press any button to kill everything" weapons/frames/abilities/mechanics that it doesn't really matter.

Warframe just isn't a game for depth of mechanics because there's always so many other simple options that makes all levels of game play irrelevant. Some people even complain that levels last too long, that screen transitions need to be quicker, and even that spy missions take too long to complete (IMO spy missions are probably one of the best standard mission types). Took a year or 2 to realize that Warframe, while it might have started out to be intricate with satisfying mechanics, is now just about mashing a button (honestly nothing else matters 😞 ).

I'll give it another 4-6 months before Bramma is brought back in line with how it should be...

However there's so many other simple "Press a button" mechanics that trivializes all aspects of the game, so does it really matter anymore? I wanted things to change to be decent, I've waited years for it, and even though it's been months since I've even logged in I check the forums every now and again just in case. Still nothing so far.

• Like 1