Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop here your prediction about the inevitable Kuva Bramma nerf

vanaukas

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Even though its op doesn't mean everyone is gonna use it.

Reducing the ammo won't matter when a mutation mod fixes the issue.

I’d assume most people use vigilante supply on the bramma anyway, since it comes with a - exilus slot, and V-supply gives ammo mutation and also since it’s a vigilante mod it gives a +5% chance to enhance crits, meaning you get a slight chance of turning yellow crits into orange and orange into red, meaning more damage. I use V-supply and V-Armaments on my bramma builds for a 10% chance of dealing higher level crits.

Do think the reduced ammo is good though. Does help to lower the constant spam of the bramma so people aren’t just being constantly careless

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

We'll see - apparently they seem to be reducing the amount you get back per box. If that affects mutation as well, then... well, mutation will still help, but won't completely erase the problem, like it does for, say, the Lenz.

Plus the damage itself is getting touched up, fewer bomblets but they individually do more damage via less falloff. This is likely gonna be nerf overall though.

Personally i don't like the explosive weapons the drawbacks are too high. 

Before you could insto gib yourself constantly.  Now you are staggering yourself instead.

The double edged sword effects are more of a pain then their worth. To me.

Even with nerfs I'm sure some will use them. I personally will keep using weapons like ignis wrath, arc plasmo. Tiberon prime, kuva hind, etc. These still melt none boss enrmies.  And for bosses sniper rifles are my go to.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Personally i don't like the explosive weapons the drawbacks are too high. 

Before you could insto gib yourself constantly.  Now you are staggering yourself instead.

The double edged sword effects are more of a pain then their worth. To me.

I mean, that is the idea of drawbacks like that, so I suppose mission accomplished? Having said that, I do wish that mid-air 'stagger' was more of a push around affect, much like how Terra Trenchers behave.

Even if it's useless, there is no crazy action shooter that cannot be improved by more rocket jumping.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Even with nerfs I'm sure some will use them. I personslly will keep using wespons like ignis wrath, arc plasmo. Tiberon prime, kuva hind, etc. These still melt none boss enrmies.  And gor bosses sniper rifles are my go to.

I'd honestly be a lot happier with Ignis Wraith and the Plasmor (not Tiberon/Hind though) if there was some divide between regular trash mobs, your Lancers and Crewmen, and enemies that are actually supposed to be a threat or support units, so those don't get swept away as easily. It'd let there be a lot more variety.

Hind and Tiberon I'm fine with though, because they're Assault/Battle Rifle style weapons. They're meant to be good all-rounders. Not great at boss DPS, not great at crowd-fights, but good at both. Honestly, for as 'power creep' as Tiberon was at its inception, it still existed in that role, and that role wasn't (and still isn't to be honesty) one that's in any real demand.

I mean a lockpick that's kind of good at opening any lock vs a key that always opens a specific kind of lock quickly is one thing in a game with a wide variety of locked things to open, but if there's only one lock in the whole game, then the lockpick is redundant.

Easiest and quickest fix would be a change to explosion radius from 7m to 2m.  Means that in an open area its not good for much beyond low level trash, but in a tight space it will still behave as it does now.

Wouldn't be a popular fix, mind you.

I think this time they got the nerf thing kinda right (the concept behind it atleast) 
I just don't like that the only actual downside intoduced for the weapon can be easily ignored by adding an exilus mod, they could have gone a bit heavier by reducing ammo reserve to 1 or 2. i mean, i dont like nerfs that make a weapon unplayable, but at the same time bramma usage is off the charts and could really use some major nerf instead of a completely irrelevant one.

Edited by JohnKable

13 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

congratulations on getting a bramma buff.

less falloff, more damage per bomblet. lol

I've read suggestions that it'll be a practical damage nerf by about 25% or so.

Plus, of course, there's been plenty of things that didn't get nerfed too hard, or barely at all, but for one reason or another people dropped it. The ol' memeing strike stock crash from the first whispers of the melee rework that hadn't even come out yet attest to that. As someone on Reddit put it "People see nerf and stop reading."

So that alone might reduce the amount you see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I've read suggestions that it'll be a practical damage nerf by about 25% or so.

Plus, of course, there's been plenty of things that didn't get nerfed too hard, or barely at all, but for one reason or another people dropped it. The ol' memeing strike stock crash from the first whispers of the melee rework that hadn't even come out yet attest to that. As someone on Reddit put it "People see nerf and stop reading."

So that alone might reduce the amount you see it.

25% nerf is probably correct. Might be higher when we start factoring in mod interaction.

From 7 to 3 bomblets, that alone is more than a 50% drop in potential damage, the increased AoE and lower drop off will not make up for that since you are less likely to hit the same target twice. Reduced number of bomblets also means far fewer Hunter Munition procs on a target, fewer stacks of viral and so on.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-02 at 11:46 PM, Makunogo said:

...at what point does this circle jerk stop? is it just a never ending cycle of killing weapons because " omg so many people using x weapon ? " 

It is too soon to nerf it.  It is driving a lot of activity (game hours) as people try to acquire it. And it is incentivizing $$$ expenditure as players Catalyse and Forma it. Just give it some time, it will eventually financially peak, then downslide, then stop creating $$$.  At some point on the backside of that curve, a new weapon will come out or get buffed in order to create $$$ again. If this cycle irritates you (not specifically you, but everyone who has trouble with this), don't play Free-to-Play games?

On 2020-06-02 at 9:08 PM, (PS4)thowed said:

I don't even use it but I'd be happy if they just tone down the visual effects.  I don't really care how powerful your weapon is as long as it doesn't blind me.

+1 Yes, please! Depending on my loadout, I tend to either try to get ahead of the epilepsy inducing light show and kill everything before the chaos gets there, or I fall back and vacuum as I follow along at a visually safe distance.

Edited by Wearbe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

and none of the targets will take less damage. 

You are forgetting status.

Each bomblet can proc a status. with less bomblets, you are effectively reducing the status chance of the weapon

Probably, Burst damage remains unaffected, but Sustained damage is getting reduced with this in mind.

Though, by how much, is anyone's guess.