Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mod Addition/overhaul: "chassis" And "systems"

sewens

There are a lot of useless frame mods. Well not really "useless" but...

There are a lot of "less useful" frame mods. Why?

The way the game is right now the mods that give you more shields or more runspeed have more use. No one wants master thief if they can have 800 shields instead. Mods like that dont even belong on the same table, so why cant they be? I think there should be a change to how mods work on warframes to give a place for all mods.

The Chassis mod area can be considered the current one you put all of your frame mods on. Here you can put all types of mods just like you can right now. It would be unchanged.

The Systems mod area is reserved for mods that would be less useful in the chassis area. Blocking mods, mods that would change what a slide attack or slide jump acts like, mods like maglev and acrobat, and other odds and ends could go here while any mod that gives you more health, shields, sprint speed/stamina, or improves your powers strength and range would not. You would start with no mod slots in the systems and gain one every time you forma a frame IN ADDITION to changing the polarity of whatever slot you choose to change; regardless of if its in the chassis or systems. You can keep doing this to get a maximum of 8 mod card slots.

Mod points between the chassis and system are not shared, so you can make very versatile builds after a few forma

Edited by sewens

Seems like you're either asking to be more limiting, or be overpowered. The idea of limited slots for mods, of course, it to force you to modify smarter, in certain cases, like master thief, is useful if you actually needed to farm credits like I do.

By offering more mod slots, you're only making the game easier than it already is, and there have to be certain control over that to prevent the game from breaking. Either that or increasing enemy level, rendering the mods harder to farm, pointless to fight on high lvls, sentinels will need adjustment cause it'll die fast, etc; Just senselessly increasing enemy levels are not the way either, there need to be a more... sensible approach. 

Not sure if you mean that, or separating the mods to 4 slot system, 4 slots chasis, now that's just limiting.

I don't deny there's some mods that might be deemed useless, however remember that there need to be 'beginners mods', as well as mods that allow you as much variety as the warframes does.

Let me clarify. I dont mean limiting the system. The only change would be a new "tab" you can open on your warframes loadout screen that you click to see the systems. As it is there are some mods that wont make you "overpowered" but would be nice to have on a frame like thief's wit.

Im not talking about changing the game so you can put literally every mod on your frame, just changing it so that you can have most of the mods you want on your frame while adding some potential for new types of mods. It's strange that you can already add most of the mods you would want on melee weapons and guns but not frames.

Edited by sewens