Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Region Chat Language Independant Of Game Language

Tazmanyak

Hello tennos ;)

I just come by with a question, and a suggestion.

I play the game in english, even if i'm french speaker. Because the biggest part of the community speaks english. The biggest community sites/forums are in english. And i want to speak the language of the biggest part.

I may also say i understand and write english well enough to do that ...

But then, we come to region chat loacalization!

It just recently appeared to me that, as i play in english, i'm forced to the english region chat.

I may say i have no issue with speaking with english players only. But i would also like the ability to speak/read french players.

Because i'm Warlord of a french clan, i would like to be able to post in the french recruit channel too.

So, please, DE, could you add possibility to open multiple language channels tabs?

Or, at least, be able to pick our prefered channel language in options?

Thx for reading ;)

Edit: changed title.

Edited by Tazmanyak

Hi i find  very interesting what you say in this topic, in fact i was going to start a new topic myself to ask if was possible to add a new chat that would be international, not bound to a region so that it would be possible to speak to more players.
Anyway how can i change the language? i tried to change region but i got nothing and in the end i was forced to return to mine -.-
Perhaps is the title of your topic that gives the sensation that you are asking for a "dictionary" in the chat and not a new chat . . . 

However i'll support you ;) 

1. Anyway how can i change the language? i tried to change region but i got nothing and in the end i was forced to return to mine -.-

2. Perhaps is the title of your topic that gives the sensation that you are asking for a "dictionary" in the chat and not a new chat . . . 

However i'll support you ;) 

1. To change game language, go to the top right of the launcher. there is a dropdown menu with all available game localization languages

2. then, how should i rename the topic title to be more "precise"? changed it to "Region chat language non dependent of game language"

Thank you, now i tried out and so i understand what you were talking about.
I bet that a lot of people don't know about it, but i think i can correctly state that the language selector in the launcher is not  a mere tool to change the name of the buttons in the UI, but is actually part of the "region selection".
So to solve this i think that DE should, as you said in the first post, add a new channel to the chat in which everyone has to speak english and that can connect people from the same region but with different languages selected.

I think that the DE organized the chat like this since differently from U.S.A, in Europe or Asia there are different languages for almost every nation. This way though they limited the interactions between players.      

Another chat that would be global and "english only" is not a good idea, because players do not respect channels languages ... we would see all players speak all languages in such a chan. And it's bad :)
DE should totally revamp the chat, system and UI. And allow to create tabs with custom channels, and choose the "region" of each of the official channels (like the global and recruit ones).
I dont know what DE had in minds when they first created this chat/channels system, but it's quite badly designed and engineered and used.

Edited by Tazmanyak