Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I still cant say de did a good job with railjack

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I'm still pissed off they spat in my face with the avionic drop changes and amalgamation. I already farmed those stupid outriders, now i need turret velocity and i dont want to do it a second time. DE is just gonna screw me over again down the road.

Wait, what happened?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AltheusVI said:

I'm waiting for infested bio-ships to come along and us having to board them and kill their organs to take them out.

Or corpus ships, more powerful and quicker but more fragile than grineer ships.

I can see so much potential with railjack, as yet unrealised.

like Moya?

38 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wait, what happened?

They added more avionics and put them in existing enemies.

Apparently, doing that is spitting on others people's faces.

We evolved from "slap to the face" to "spit to the face" and considering the current world state, its a more engredious offense indeed.

Please be offended.

/s

• Like 6

At the moment railjack is more of a proof of concept rather than a proper game mode, with one faction and one mission type. At least the rebalancing made it enjoyable. Now they can add new things on top of it and integrate it better with the main game.

Last year after the Tennocon they even said that what we saw was the final expected state of Empyrean and it would take time to reach it. Whether they should hype it like that is a different matter.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

We evolved from "slap to the face" to "spit to the face" and considering the current world state, its a more engredious offense indeed.

Please be offended.

/s

Im appalled.

8 minutes ago, Genitive said:

At the moment railjack is more of a proof of concept rather than a proper game mode, with one faction and one mission type. At least the rebalancing made it enjoyable. Now they can add new things on top of it and integrate it better with the main game.

Last year after the Tennocon they even said that what we saw was the final expected state of Empyrean and it would take time to reach it. Whether they should hype it like that is a different matter.

This. Lets not forget how out of the box this was, in terms of everything involved. Im proud of them having successfully added it; remembering back to the glorious days of de steves prototyping streams. 

• Like 6

We know its getting updates over time. At present its pretty stable and decently fun.

Its not perfect but consider the time warframe has been out and it's changes.

If its not your jam theres other types of toast to eat.  My ship doesn't need anything rlse at this point so i only run it once in a blue moon.

22 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

This. Lets not forget how out of the box this was, in terms of everything involved. Im proud of them having successfully added it; remembering back to the glorious days of de steves prototyping streams. 

I kinda wonder how many folks have actually experienced the gameplay in an upgraded ship. Initial missions are harsh, but that's also true when you're a fresh out of the box Tenno running around in an unranked Warframe with MK1 weaponry. I'm hard pressed to point to any other game, MMO or not, that has combined the space flight/ground assault as smoothly and seamlessly as with Railjack.

Heck, Warframe itself is flipping INSANE for the sheer amount of parkour and action going on for a pew pew shooter style game. Next time Railjack stuff rolls around on the Nightwave schedule, I need to bring some more folks out to practice and earn some Intrinsics. It's a lot less difficult than folks tend to make it, especially once you've learned and understand the basic structure.

8 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

I kinda wonder how many folks have actually experienced the gameplay in an upgraded ship. Initial missions are harsh, but that's also true when you're a fresh out of the box Tenno running around in an unranked Warframe with MK1 weaponry. I'm hard pressed to point to any other game, MMO or not, that has combined the space flight/ground assault as smoothly and seamlessly as with Railjack.

Heck, Warframe itself is flipping INSANE for the sheer amount of parkour and action going on for a pew pew shooter style game. Next time Railjack stuff rolls around on the Nightwave schedule, I need to bring some more folks out to practice and earn some Intrinsics. It's a lot less difficult than folks tend to make it, especially once you've learned and understand the basic structure.

My ship is thicc. Mercedes lenz been luxury since very early on. 

That said, i meant outside the box. Not like, fresh out of the box. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Viges said:

Railjack is a dead island. If DE is going to spend more time on doing content for it, they will just kill their game completely.

Or, maybe a crazy thought but how about this, they spend time on expanding it and making it not an island anymore.  Y'know, once it's been tested, rebalanced, tested again and reached a point where it's stable enough to be fully integrated into the rest of game without risk of damaging the regular gameplay loop.

• Like 2

I would say it's an improvement over what we got at the start. I mainly just want us to get the rest of the map; Corpus and Infested missions, new mode types, maybe a MK4 tier of loot to work towards, and of course, the Command Intrinsic. I've got a great ship that can handle Solo easily, so I can wait for Command, but it would be nice to get it some time this year. 

I look at Railjack when I played it on release and to Railjack when I play it now. The difference is staggering. The grind has been cut down significantly compared to the past. I'd say my biggest problem is that the difficulty took too much of a hit. Even on Veil Proxima, I usually go four or five missions without seeing a single breach or fire, and have yet to lose more than half of my health at a time. It's too easy now. Kinda sad, but they should fix it with new missions and better mission balance in the future. It's a lot more fun imo than just a regular mission. Hopefully Command speeds up the process of dealing with those pesky radiators and and how annoying it is to jump in and out when playing solo.

It is currently too much of an island. I've said this probably a dozen times, but Void Fissures. Seriously. Void Fissures would solve some of the issues with the island problems with Warframe. It'd be a start. Void Fissures should be in all aspects of Warframe's islands. The base game, the open worlds, and in Railjack. I'd say Archwing too, but Archwing needs to get revamped entirely as a gamemode to better suit its current use. As much as I liked the idea of Archwing, they're used only as a taxi on the open worlds, and sometimes in Railjack as a loot collector. Archwing though is pretty bad now. It needs change, I just don't know how to change it. Because it has little to no point in Railjack unless you use Amesha. Which is a problem with Amesha being a pair of wings granted by the gods which grant immortality to their wearer. But I digress.

Railjack as a whole right now? Incomplete. Does it function? Absolutely. It functions very well. I'd wager they made something that is actually pretty unbroken for once. They fell into the island problem again. Railjack needs connectivity through Void Fissures, and other such activities. Liches need to come to Railjack nodes aboard mighty galleons. The Corpus need to get into fighters and we need to take the fight to them. There needs to be more added to it. More everything. Railjack and the base game need to meld together. Which requires an overhaul of the new player experience. It'd be an arduous task.

• Like 1

Railjack was a risky move. I'm glad DE decided to carry it. If we know DE quite well things are not going to ship like in the target render they showed. That target render will be plausible, of course, with the new console update of PS5 and Xbox Series X releases. DE was busy working with Leyou in their last report. DE went on a harsh venture with Rail Jack however the game mode is providing them freedom for more open world experiences. Right now the whole build is at a barely 30 percent of completion. The road will be long for them and for us. However the waiting time will not be that harsh. 

Right now U.S. is going throughout another Donald Trump's Circus and to make matters harder the Pandemic is running amok without any sign of decrease. DE is doing the best way they can to keep the game alive. At least their intentions are noticed and the game quality of life is shifting for the better. We can't ask them miracles at this moment. We all know that Rail Jack right now sucks ass. We have to wait for updates, see how Protocol update behaves and continue the enterprise of reporting bugs. I'm sure DE will provide a complete experience once we get out of our current situation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

I think DE has done well with RJ, and the recent improvements are great.

That being said I also look forward to more improvements- different missions, more enemy factions, etc. I also believe that our Railjacks are going to play a crucial role in the New War, but we will see.

i wouldn't say great as de broke the enemy spawn on purpose 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wait, what happened?

I farmed all the avionics from RJ 1.0, including the ridiculously low drop rate outrider mods like Battle stations, Fiery phoenix, and void hole. Then they made those drop like candy and introduced new mods at even lower drops to the outriders. Everytime i play their new content i get burned down the road. If you've been playing for more than a year or two, you know exactly what trend I'm talking about. It's to the point now where i just don't want to participate in new content because DE will not respect my time investment.

This is not a new thing in Warframe. Many people cite MMO's making their content easier to farm to allow newer players to pace and catch up to older players. This doesn't feel the same though. At christmas they released this mode and then did a 180 in their RJ 2.0. There is just no trust for me anymore when it comes to time investment.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Please be offended.

That's not exactly true. They made the existing avionics drop like candy and then added the new ones as extremely rare drop rates on incredibly low spawn rate enemies, again. My time is valuable enough to be offended when it is literally disregarded. By the way i think you meant "egregious". if you're gonna try to high road, at least do it right. Or you know, contribute something more to the discussion then hot air for once, yeah?

Edited by Skaleek

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

Or, maybe a crazy thought but how about this, they spend time on expanding it and making it not an island anymore.  Y'know, once it's been tested, rebalanced, tested again and reached a point where it's stable enough to be fully integrated into the rest of game without risk of damaging the regular gameplay loop.

This is what i was hoping for out of RJ. Especially since one the explicit selling points of it was that it was not a gameplay island. Liches could've been integrated into the game better as well. I posted and posted requesting DE to integrate lich murmur farming and killing into the regular gameplay loop instead of having it be its own island, to zero effect.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Railjack was a risky move. I'm glad DE decided to carry it. If we know DE quite well things are not going to ship like in the target render they showed. That target render will be plausible, of course, with the new console update of PS5 and Xbox Series X releases. DE was busy working with Leyou in their last report. DE went on a harsh venture with Rail Jack however the game mode is providing them freedom for more open world experiences. Right now the whole build is at a barely 30 percent of completion. The road will be long for them and for us. However the waiting time will not be that harsh. 

Right now U.S. is going throughout another Donald Trump's Circus and to make matters harder the Pandemic is running amok without any sign of decrease. DE is doing the best way they can to keep the game alive. At least their intentions are noticed and the game quality of life is shifting for the better. We can't ask them miracles at this moment. We all know that Rail Jack right now sucks ass. We have to wait for updates, see how Protocol update behaves and continue the enterprise of reporting bugs. I'm sure DE will provide a complete experience once we get out of our current situation. 

To be fair.  Even though trump won the election.  The left has constantly been trying to hang him the entire time.  If covid 19 hadn't happened things would be pretty good.  Unemployment was the lowest it had ever been. The military was rebuilt. Record world trade deals. Rising profits from stocks. He did a decent job his first term.

Not saying he's a saint. Never trust politicans, lawyers, the rich, and the religious.  Like him or not he was the lesser of two evils in 2016.

Now we have a pandemic hitting the world and economic problems everywhere.

The dems are eating each other politically.  Biden has a awful track record and seems to be loosing his mind.  I don't see him beating trump. I think trump will get a second term.  Look at other elections where the dems are loosing ground.  Look at all the polls not just main stream media.

And lets be real with covid 19. Yes its bad people are dying. But thats not new.  Cases are going down.  The mass shutdown only served to hurt people not protect them.

And consider the numbers.  Earth has 7.8 billion humans. To have a 1% global death of humanity in a year we would need to lose 6,500,000 people per month. We are no where near this.

Last i looked the total dead so far globally is something like 350k? In a liitle over a month? This is not as bad as the media makes it out to be.  This not the black death that wiped out more then half of europe.

Also consider the stuff happening with bidens son, the ukraine, biden himself, general flynn, etc.etc.

None of its good.  I just don't see the democratic party pulling out wins.

But back to the topic. Not trying to derail here.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

To be fair.  Even though trump won the election.  The left has constantly been trying to hang him the entire time.  If covid 19 hadn't happened things eould be pretty good.  Unemployment was the lowest it had ever been. The military was rebuilt. Record world trade deals. Rising profits from stocks. He did a decent job his first term.

It could be argued all of this was a result of the previous administrations efforts and Trump was simply taking credit for it. Because the man is a clown, there's no other way to put it really. Unemployment in the States was already dropping at steady pace before he took office.

There are however, some clear effects that Trumps administration has had on the US. Primarily an increase in racism and bigotry, many tax breaks for the wealthy, and the absolute tear down of most environmental protections put up in the passed 20 years.

But this isnt quite on topic.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

My only real problem with RJ is that we STILL don't have AI crews/command intrinsics.

Like, you can't tell me that they didn't manage to code an AI that shoots in the general direction of a target within a set distance over a time span of 2 god damn years.

I bet the issue is how do they balance it and still keep it good enough and not feel like herding cats.  I bet that command and pets 2.0 will share a lot of features