Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Miasma Build With New Mods

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

After the Vaults and the new mods, I decided to  rebuild my Saryn, that I use with only Miasma equipped.

Before we go, I know that mods as Blind Rage are best on Rhino, Nova or Mag, but I was looking for a female frame with a insta-kill power 4, excluding then both Rhino and Nova; Mag's Crush is affected by armor(which is a crying shame looking at Pull) and has a way too long animation, not really comparable to Miasma.

Not here to discuss about the advantages or disadvantages of a Miasma only build, but I need some feedbakcs about how I've put the new mods on her.

Before the new mods I had:

Maxed Miasma: 250dmg per sec.; 4 sec duration

Maxed Focus: +75dmg per sec

Maxed Constitution: 1,1 sec bonus

Maxed Streamline: 70 energy cost

So, in total, for 70 energy cost I had a Miasma that lasted for 5,1 seconds with 325dmg per sec: 1657,5dmg at the end of the power.

Not sure about how ticks works, I read a few things on the wiki about bugs, extra damage, less damage and so on, but haven't understood it well, so if someone notices I made a mistake calculating please let me know.

Now we have the new corrupted mods, and I decided to use Blind Rage on her; considering the great malus to power efficency, I decided to use also Fleeting Expertise. 

I thought that the malus to the duration could have been solved by a greater dmg per sec: with a damage very high Miasma shouldn't necessarily last for ages...

This is what I have now(and what I will have):

Maxed Miasma: 250dmg per sec; 4 sec duration

Maxed Focus: +75dmg per sec

Maxed Blind Rage(not yet, but soon): +247,5dmg per sec; +55 energy cost

Maxed Streamline: -30 energy cost

MAxed Fleeting Expertise: -40 energy cost; -2,4sec duration

Maxed Constitution: +1,1sec duration 

In total, for 85 energy cost I have a Miasma that lasts for 2,7seconds with 572,5dmg per sec: 1545,75dmg at the end of the animation.

This is a picture of the build:

y7md.png

If I put a maxed continuity on I would have 572,5dmg per sec lasting for 3,9sec: 2232,75 at the end of the animation. This would be actually what I was looking for when I got Blind Rage, but which slot of the ones I have could be sacrificed? Which one can be stealed by Continuity?

Please let me know if I made some math mistakes or concept ones.

Also, if you can prove that Mag would deal more damage than Saryn with a specific build, I'm more than open to learn how to do that. For what I've understood, Mag can have a 2290dmg Crush, which is then affected by armor............

Sorry for the long post and thanks to everyone that will contribute!

11 answers to this question

Prehaps drop either Vitality or Redirection, or drop both and go with Vigor? Depends on what you're comfortable with, really.

I think that Vigor may not be enough, even if I have a maxed one it would gain a +120%, which means 630Health and 420Shields; it's not very safe on high levels, I mean those levels where it's actually useful a Miasma that deals 2000+ dmg.

Maybe removing Vitality could work, I would have then 450 Health and 740 Shields, that are rechargable anyway. 

Uhm, I think I'll try this one...

Personally, since you're only using one skill that requires energy, I'd take out an energy efficiency mod, maybe streamline if you don't want miasma to last forever (which I understand). Considering your max flow, energy siphon and you're only using the one power, I would think you're not going to have too many issues where you're starving for energy and that the extra 30% efficiency would be worth the hassle. Also if the extra dmg prevents you from having to hit 4 twice in a row then it becomes more efficient.

Good luck and nice use of these corrupted mods.

Personally, since you're only using one skill that requires energy, I'd take out an energy efficiency mod, maybe streamline if you don't want miasma to last forever (which I understand). Considering your max flow, energy siphon and you're only using the one power, I would think you're not going to have too many issues where you're starving for energy and that the extra 30% efficiency would be worth the hassle. Also if the extra dmg prevents you from having to hit 4 twice in a row then it becomes more efficient.

Good luck and nice use of these corrupted mods.

Well that's true, even if every Miasma would cost me then around 95 energy; with Flow maxed I should be able to cast 3 of them before going out of energy. Thanks for your suggestion!

I think I'll check if I can survive well on high levels without Vitality, otherwise I'll take off Streamline!

Don't know a whole lot about Saryn yet, but I just wanted to point out mags doing damage dont use crush, they use pull (which is NOT affected by armor).

With just streamline, Fleeting, and focus, pull does 390 damage for 6.25 energy which is a ridiculous 62.4 damage/energy, and with coil helm and or stretch is a pretty huge area.  Blind rage can boost the burst damage, but lowers the efficiency (obviously) to 687 damage for 16.25 energy which is "only" 42.3 damage/energy, and since pull is so spam-able I would take the more efficient version and just cast it twice when needed.

[edit] also vs enemies with large shields/shield osprey, shield polarize can do some crazy things...

Edited by ShadowDreamer

I am pretty sure pull is going to still come out way more energy efficient, and since it effectively disables stuff it doesnt kill, you can just keep casting it until everything dies.  It won't win the burst damage contest, but I am almost positive it will win the damage/energy contest, and probably the area contest (especially with coil helm).