Jump to content
(PS4)yokai1235

can someone explain to me how the railjack can fly sideways trusters

Recommended Posts

every ship on warframe has side trusters for side flight yaw rotation you can see on the liset on the Galions the corpus obelisk on the drop ships on the pods on plains and archwing mission but for some reason the railjack and the grineer crewships and fighters don't have and they can fly sideways anyway did theyjust forgot that was a actual thing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

lol, if you think thrusters need to make sense according to what we have in our world then doesn't the whole of warframe make no sense to you? 

I mean, how operators emerge out of warframe. How warframe is created. How infestation works in the game. Etc. Etc. 

Edited by Nehra96
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physics in Warframe have always been a little squirrely dealing with space flight. On the Plains and Orb Vallis, they are under atmospheric flight and would have to account for drag and lift. In space, they would not have that issue.

 

Reminds me of the old Independence War games. That had some of the best space flight controls, but man, was it hard to get mastered :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

but for some reason the railjack and the grineer crewships and fighters don't have and they can fly sideways anyway did theyjust forgot that was a actual thing

Magic!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

every ship on warframe has side trusters for side flight yaw rotation you can see on the liset on the Galions the corpus obelisk on the drop ships on the pods on plains and archwing mission but for some reason the railjack and the grineer crewships and fighters don't have and they can fly sideways anyway did theyjust forgot that was a actual thing

The railjack has "space magic" internal gravity and inertial damping.  Which is how it can move like it does without bouncing the crew around the inside like a bunch of squishy water balloons.  It can slide sideways without visible thrusters because the story says it can, basically.  The big engine cowling down the spine isn't for thrust, that's the "faster than light" drive.  Grineer fighters need visible thrusters because they don't have ships powered by Orokin magi-science.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

lol, if you think thrusters need to make sense according to what we have in our world then doesn't the whole of warframe make no sense to you? 

I mean, how operators emerge out of warframe. How warframe is created. How infestation works in the game. Etc. Etc. 

You can't hide everything in fiction or fantasy with "hurr durr no reason to explain or be logical in a fantasy setting" while ignoring preestablished rules of the universe. Warframe is a science fiction, it messes with the supernatural and much of the high science reaches the point of seeming to be magic, but it's still based on a far future of our universe. The laws of nature and physics still should apply. And there is no visible reason on any of the Railjack models as to why they can boost around sideways. The OP is asking a good natured  question.

If you want to hide the answer in something plausible within the game's universe, it should be able to be explained with either an in-universe excuse, or by pointing to the real life fact that it's a game that is being actively made and worked on. The simplest answer of "the game doesn't currently show that because DE didn't put that work into the assets yet." works, but "lol look at the whole game, why are you asking how things work???" is not a good answer at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 1 minute, so_many_watermelons a dit :

Warframe is a science fiction

There's your mistake, warframe (like most other IPs) is science fantasy, not science fiction. It has pretty much no points of contact with reality, not even in things like basic laws of physics. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I mean, how operators emerge out of warframe. 

The Void allows FTL travel, and Z-kids use Void power

35 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

How warframe is created. 

3D-printed clones

36 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

 How infestation works in the game. Etc. Etc. 

Originally stated to be a virus or fungus, the introduction of Infested robots implies it might be or involve some sort of nanomachine

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

The railjack has "space magic" internal gravity and inertial damping.  Which is how it can move like it does without bouncing the crew around the inside like a bunch of squishy water balloons.  It can slide sideways without visible thrusters because the story says it can, basically.  The big engine cowling down the spine isn't for thrust, that's the "faster than light" drive.  Grineer fighters need visible thrusters because they don't have ships powered by Orokin magi-science.

the railjack engines are on the side the big thing on the middleis the mini solar rail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

every ship on warframe has side trusters for side flight yaw rotation you can see on the liset on the Galions the corpus obelisk on the drop ships on the pods on plains and archwing mission but for some reason the railjack and the grineer crewships and fighters don't have and they can fly sideways anyway did theyjust forgot that was a actual thing

Railjack is a weird magical ship, that is power by 

Spoiler

a fricking giants finger.

And the inside of the ship is a 5 dimensional space that is able to project into a 3 dimensions for the crew... (That's why the inside is different shape than the outside...)

Why exactly do you think that the ship needs to follow some reallife scenario? 😄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll side step into this one.

From a naval architecture point of view concerning maneuvering thrusters they wont be easy to spot or hit. Aside from a ships primary and secondary propulsion in most fantasy you wouldn't even see them at all. Were also missing some crucial info on the nature of the Railjack engines for sublight speeds. Also after looking over the nacelles on the standard Railjack skin I can say that there do appear to be what I would classify as thrusters on top and bottom of each nacelle and on the front of the RJ itself since those four sections under the bridge don't allow you to board the ship. That would be a logical place to put them for maneuverability. 

I'll leave this video below, OP made me think of it. Even the Enterprise D a Galaxy class starship in the Trek Universe did not show its maneuvering thrusters outwardly on her hull but they are there nonetheless.

 

Edited by Magus_Tahir
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

 

Originally stated to be a virus or fungus, the introduction of Infested robots implies it might be or involve some sort of nanomachine

its a nano machine network caled tecnocyte that fuses everything and change its molecular composition making organic material into a bio-metalic  and rearranging the fisiology of the subject and turning inorganic material on a semi organic structure also aggregating any existing  implant or creating new ones to be used as weapons allot of warframe abilities can be created using those nanites is also one of the in world logic to why the corpses despear because they got eaten away by the warframe nanites 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Railjack is a weird magical ship, that is power by 

  Hide contents

a fricking giants finger.

And the inside of the ship is a 5 dimensional space that is able to project into a 3 dimensions for the crew... (That's why the inside is different shape than the outside...)

Why exactly do you think that the ship needs to follow some reallife scenario? 😄 

the inside is normal the scene that you see of outside is shown by cameras that's why is weird but if you put the schemes on top you can see the everything fits in the middle section of the ship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I'll side step into this one.

From a naval architecture point of view concerning maneuvering thrusters they wont be easy to spot or hit. Aside from a ships primary and secondary propulsion in most fantasy you wouldn't even see them at all. Were also missing some crucial info on the nature of the Railjack engines for sublight speeds. Also after looking over the nacelles on the standard Railjack skin I can say that there do appear to be what I would classify as thrusters on top and bottom of each nacelle and on the front of the RJ itself since those four sections under the bridge don't allow you to board the ship. That would be a logical place to put them for maneuverability. 

I'll leave a this video below, OP made me think of it. Even the Enterprise D a Galaxy class starship in the Trek Universe did not show its maneuvering thrusters outwardly on her hull but they are there nonetheless.

 

for what i had analysed from my railjack the entire trusters both forward backwards up and down are located on the two sections on the side of the railjack you know the one where the side gunners sit when no in use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

the inside is normal the scene that you see of outside is shown by cameras that's why is weird but if you put the schemes on top you can see the everything fits in the middle section of the ship 

Nope, I can source you to the info Cephalon Cy says, that proves what I am saying. The ship has normal outside, but the inside is a projection of the actual space that is actually absolutelly different. If you take a look at the ouside you will even find out, that there are no turrets on sides. That's why you can use the 360°reprojection for side turrets, because there is no turret window, nor side turrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cerikus said:

Nope, I can source you to the info Cephalon Cy says, that proves what I am saying. The ship has normal outside, but the inside is a projection of the actual space that is actually absolutelly different. If you take a look at the ouside you will even find out, that there are no turrets on sides. That's why you can use the 360°reprojection for side turrets, because there is no turret window, nor side turrets.

you can also triangulate the location of the vision and the local of it is one of the light point on the tube specifically on lamp on the top pat so is possible that is a sensor  and by that logic most if not all images are being protected on monitors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

you can also triangulate the location of the vision and the local of it is one of the light point on the tube specifically on lamp on the top pat so is possible that is a sensor  and by that logic most if not all images are being protected on monitors 

Let's forget if there can or cannot be any cameras projecting what the turret sees.

If you take a sec in the drydock and jump on the railjack and around and then compare it with the inside you will find that it's not only different in size but also in shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

you can also triangulate the location of the vision and the local of it is one of the light point on the tube specifically on lamp on the top pat so is possible that is a sensor  and by that logic most if not all images are being protected on monitors 

I found what I was talking about. Cephalon Cy says at one point: "Starboard nacelle reinforced. Soon fifth-dimensional cognitive geometries will self-assamble. she will live. you will have your ship." 

You can interpret it like this: The fifth-dimensional reality will shape into a form we want. The cognitive geometries refer to what you can perceive, but the reality is in 5D.
This explains why outside is totally different from the inside.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I found what I was talking about. Cephalon Cy says at one point: "Starboard nacelle reinforced. Soon fifth-dimensional cognitive geometries will self-assamble. she will live. you will have your ship." 

You can interpret it like this: The fifth-dimensional reality will shape into a form we want. The cognitive geometries refer to what you can perceive, but the reality is in 5D.
This explains why outside is totally different from the inside.

fifth dimensional cognitive geometry can also be how the ship see things as it needs to see other dimensions to be able to travel to the void or sense other things that we can't see

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

fifth dimensional cognitive geometry can also be how the ship see things as it needs to see other dimensions to be able to travel to the void or sense other things that we can't see

well ok, possible, but explain the difference in sizes and shapes then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

There's your mistake, warframe (like most other IPs) is science fantasy, not science fiction. It has pretty much no points of contact with reality, not even in things like basic laws of physics. 

Ill give you the science fantasy part, you are right. It goes from super high technology to "muh void magic" pretty quick. And rule of cool does override laws of physics often. But they still exist, the universe is not so amorphous that it tries to excuse literally everything with "turn your brain off it's fantasy". Again, even in fantasy, rules are established, and when you start to ignore your own rules and writing, it's just very stupid. I want to recall some tweet by some Bethesda developer who, in response to someone talking about the inconsistency of some lore, said something along the lines of "I'm not going to discuss this kind of thing for a game full of mutants and monsters and whatnot", which was a complete eyeroll in the face of honest criticism over consistency of writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Let's forget if there can or cannot be any cameras projecting what the turret sees.

If you take a sec in the drydock and jump on the railjack and around and then compare it with the inside you will find that it's not only different in size but also in shape.

no is not the railjack is 225 meter long and 68 meters large  the inside is 196 meters long and 32 meters large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

no is not the railjack is 225 meter long and 68 meters large  the inside is 196 meters long and 32 meters large

okay then... lemme jump ingame and make some screenshots for you, just a second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...