Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can someone explain to me how the railjack can fly sideways trusters

(PSN)yokai1235

euXeoNl.png TyNG9eo.png

This does not add up, the nose is thin and pointy, but from the inside is pretty wide.

ENWmU3E.png 7i7EosT.png

There is no space in the thin nose for two doors on the sides and wide hallways.

Wait there's more comming.. 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

euXeoNl.png TyNG9eo.png

This does not add up, the nose is thin and pointy, but from the inside is pretty wide.

ENWmU3E.png 7i7EosT.png

There is no space in the thin nose for two doors on the sides and wide hallways.

Wait there's more comming.. 😄

your fov settings are distorting the image 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

its a nano machine network caled tecnocyte 

The name "Technocyte virus" is a holdover from darkSector which probably isn't canon anymore. It hasn't been used at all since February 2016, and hasn't been used in-game since Vanilla (2013). 

As a result of the axing from canon, the nature of the Infested has become much more vague. Braccoids from Railjack are described as "bacterial", for example

That said, I do like your idea of why corpses disappear, since most games will just tell you "look, this isn't Doom 1993 anymore, we kinda need to delete these corpses after a few seconds to free up some RAM"

4 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

well fov distorts the same on the inside and on the outside .. so no change, maybe it looks even wider inside

I used the wp to measure this: (doesn't match)

SHMebcZ.png

b9qvqMH.png

11 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

the railjack is 245 m long inside accoring to wp (from pilots place to the back of forge)
and 185 m from the tip to the back on the outside

The back of forge is not even at the end of railjack

Edited by Cerikus

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

the railjack is 245 m long inside accoring to wp (from pilots place to the back of forge)

strange mine did 225 on outside and 197 to 200 adding the hight on the inside let me recheck 

12 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

7 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

strange mine did 225 on outside and 197 to 200 adding the hight on the inside let me recheck 

i got outside usable space from outside 122 total ship size 225 inside 154 minus 12 of hight 132 meters 

2 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

I mean, how operators emerge out of warframe.

Correct trying to relate videogames with real life physics mskes no sense. Especially when we have magic.

Transference specifically seems to be essentially teleporters like in startrek. Or transient burst in gandam oo.

The operaters void powers allow them to break down and reshape reality. And they control a warframe by forming a mental bond as we see during the umbra quest.

We see with voud corrupted vor and rell in chains of harrow. That a physicsl body isn't important. As beings of the void so long as the tennos mind is intact. They can exist as raw energy and form a new body of there choosing wherever they want. Or pocess the frames and control them.

The range of transference seems to be unlimited after the war within quest.

The catch to all this is the power the tenno have is corrupting.  It can break their minds and go out of control over time as we saw with rell.

And lets consider what the duviri paradox could do for the tenno.

53 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That said, I do like your idea of why corpses disappear, since most games will just tell you "look, this isn't Doom 1993 anymore, we kinda need to delete these corpses after a few seconds to free up some RAM"

I remember one fanfic mentioning Grineer and Corpus troops possessing "Sanitation Implants" that disintegrated the bodies, as a way of denying the biomass to any Infestation that might encounter them. It's a headcanon that I've rolled with for a while.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

It can break their minds and go out of control over time as we saw with rell.

I'd point out that Rell was something of a special case, considering he had singlehandedly been holding off the Lidless Eye for the entire time we were in stasis (which, if the Tennocon Cinematic is to be believed, was a period that lasted several millennia).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Correct trying to relate videogames with real life physics mskes no sense. Especially when we have magic.

Transference specifically seems to be essentially teleporters like in startrek. Or transient burst in gandam oo.

The operaters void powers allow them to break down and reshape reality. And they control a warframe by forming a mental bond as we see during the umbra quest.

We see with voud corrupted vor and rell in chains of harrow. That a physicsl body isn't important. As beings of the void so long as the tennos mind is intact. They can exist as raw energy and form a new body of there choosing wherever they want. Or pocess the frames and control them.

The range of transference seems to be unlimited after the war within quest.

The catch to all this is the power the tenno have is corrupting.  It can break their minds and go out of control over time as we saw with rell.

And lets consider what the duviri paradox could do for the tenno.

actually no they just cross dimensions 

1 minute ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

actually no they just cross dimensions 

Doesn't seem like it at all. Seems like transference is breaking down into raw energy.

When we kill void corrupted vor he just keeps talking ssying his mind still exists in the void. He'll form a new body eventually.

Thus i think its more of a star trek teleporter or gundam 00 system.

The duviri paradox seems like a different multiverse world where the tenno didn't get off the ship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'd point out that Rell was something of a special case, considering he had singlehandedly been holding off the Lidless Eye for the entire time we were in stasis (which, if the Tennocon Cinematic is to be believed, was a period that lasted several millennia).

Yes over centuries rells mind was consumed by the void. At least thats how i interpreted the quest.

Its like being connected to the zero system 24/7 for years. The pilot would be left brain dead.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

wouldn't that just make it to spin instead of move side ways

Alright... You want a more serious comical answer?

The Railjack employs a diametric drive. The giant finger has negative mass... that and it is deceptively massive (it's made of NEGATIVE gold!)! Now this finger enters Void mode and exists outside of the ship where the Railjack vessel falls toward the invisible Void mode finger. But because this giant finger has negative mass, it falls away from the Railjack! Now then, when we steer, the finger just rotates around the vessel. The finger positions itself to the sides of the vessel for sideways thrust!

The diametric drive is apparently a propulsion system proposed in some nebulous NASA propulsion research program from 20-30 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Propulsion_Physics_Program

EDIT: It's negative gold (has to be negative mass).

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

The Railjack employs a diametric drive. The giant finger has negative mass... that and it is deceptively massive (it's made of NEGATIVE gold!)! Now this finger enters Void mode and exists outside of the ship where the Railjack vessel falls toward the invisible Void mode finger. But because this giant finger has negative mass, it falls away from the Railjack! Now then, when we steer, the finger just rotates around the vessel. The finger positions itself to the sides of the vessel for sideways thrust!

The diametric drive is apparently a propulsion system proposed in some nebulous NASA propulsion research program from 20-30 years ago.

Wouldn't that be an Alcubierre Drive?

Just now, Corvid said:

Wouldn't that be an Alcubierre Drive?

Maybe. I forget the names! I'm just having a good laugh using a giant space finger to explain Railjack propulsion in a video game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Maybe. I forget the names! I'm just having a good laugh using a giant space finger to explain Railjack propulsion in a video game.

Methinks the finger just generates void power. Void stuff is essentially magic so real life logic goes out the window.

Its like in an rpg we see swords bigger then the wielder. Monsters bigger then a house. Characters can carry millions of things or sd pawn mounts out of thin air.  Skimpy armor for everyone. Etc. Etc. Etc.

It all works because magic. And people want things to look cool.

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

you could just said the giant move the arm that  move the finger and that how railjack flys

5 hours ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

the railjack engines are on the side the big thing on the middleis the mini solar rail 

Does it matter?  The ship flies because space magic.

Personally, I find it hard to get too worked up about "complete realism" in a game where I'm playing a techno-organic ninja space wizard who can run up walls before conjuring a swarm of fire comets that fly out of the ceiling, dropping three stories to the ground without getting hurt, and then punching someone so hard that their arms fall off.