Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling/buying rivens

Amoral_Prince

Question

After players up maximum rank in the game, many of them begin to engage in trade. In particular, trading in riven mods. Today, an incident occurred that made me wonder if it was safe. My friend today was banned permanent for real money trading. He claims that he did nothing, and I believe him. But at the same time, he bought and sold many riven mods with a price exceeding a 1000 platinum. So what about the player who was banned for real money trading, which he did not do? How to protect yourself from "no reason" ban? There was a post on the forum that if you transfer large quantities of platinum in exchange for a fault mode, you need to take a screenshot of the correspondence and the exchange window.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Amoral_Prince said:

My friend today was banned permanent for real money trading. He claims that he did nothing, and I believe him. But at the same time, he bought and sold many riven mods with a price exceeding a 1000 platinum.

Don't know what lead to the ban, but it wasn't trading a 1000p riven. People do that all day long.

There are 2 ways to get banned related to trading.

First one is, that your friend lied to you and that he actually bought platinum with real money from a 3rd party seller. Who then trades the platinum to the buyer ingame.
This is against the terms of service and will get your account banned.

Second one is that your friend traded traded one of his rivens, for platinum from someone that bought from a 3rd party. Whenever the other player gets banned, trades get reversed.
However, if your friend as an example sold his riven for 1000 platinum and then spent some of it before the other player got banned, after the trade reversal he now no longer has the 1000 platinum to complete the reversal. He then gets banned because his platinum count is now negative, and can get unbanned by buying however much platinum he is missing from the official website.
This is why it is good practice to never immediately spend the platinum you gained from a trade, unless you have enough spare. Specially on higher value trades.

I'd personally lead more to the first option tho, the 2nd one is very rare to see.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, saghzs said:

There are 2 ways to get banned related to trading.

First one is, that your friend lied to you and that he actually bought platinum with real money from a 3rd party seller. Who then trades the platinum to the buyer ingame.
This is against the terms of service and will get your account banned.

Во-вторых, ваш друг обменял один из своих ривенов на платину от кого-то, кто купил у третьей стороны. Всякий раз, когда другой игрок получает запрет, сделки отменяются.
However, if your friend as an example sold his riven for 1000 platinum and then spent some of it before the other player got banned, after the trade reversal he now no longer has the 1000 platinum to complete the reversal. He then gets banned because his platinum count is now negative, and can get unbanned by buying however much platinum he is missing from the official website.
Вот почему это хорошая практика, чтобы никогда сразу не тратить платину, которую вы получили от торговли, если у вас нет достаточно запасных. Особенно на торгах с более высоким значением.

I'd personally lead more to the first option tho, the 2nd one is very rare to see.

Thanks for answers. That was really useful

18 hours ago, Amoral_Prince said:

How to protect yourself from "no reason" ban?

There is no ban without reason. And trading more than 1k for a riven is pretty common.

Here are some to-dos for protecting yourself:
(1) Screenshot all trades
(2) avoid trading for an amount of plats that would be more than 2 times of what you would have in total after the trade
(3) check the trader profile before accepting a big deal. Fake accounts tend to have low MR, in a new clan with empty hall, and with little to no events done.

58 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

(3) check the trader profile before accepting a big deal. Fake accounts tend to have low MR, in a new clan with empty hall, and with little to no events done.

I would add to it that sometimes they can have a higher MR but very low hours played, It can be a sign too.