Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever feel like you're carrying the team?

I'm posting this for no other reason than it gave me a laugh.

Just did a pub defense mission in Helene, using Banshee but focusing on leveling my weapons. I noticed that one of the players (Mirage) seemed to be hiding from the enemy rather than engaging. Odd behavior, but ok whatever. Another player using Frost kept up a snow globe on the defense target and at one point pulled out his shawzin in the middle of a round and starts playing. Curiosity got the better of me and I checked their loadout only to discover that neither had any weapons equipped both had only a single weapon equipped. It made me wonder if I had two players who were looking for a carry.

I can only assume they were leveling their frames. To their credit, they both managed over 100 kills in the 15 rounds. Not something that I've seen before though.

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03
Corrections due to obvious brain fail
  • Like 1

Pretty sure they had one equipped, you can't start a mission without at least one weapon.

Have you looked up if they were grouped? I'm almost entirely sure if you checked their profile, you would see that they were in the same clan.

Probably the Frost player taxi'd the Mirage to Helene to level and went semi-afk. because Helene is an easy mission.

Or maybe they were just trolling and it was a coincidence you found two semi-afk teammates in a pug, it happens.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

neither had any weapons equipped!

That should not be possible.

Fun story: I once had a Viper Wraith equipped to level it. No potato, almost no mods. Then I started a "pistol only" disruption mission without reading the description...

• Like 1

As others pointed out, you cannot unequip all your weapons. It's possible however to rename your weapon to CARRIER and then unequip your companion. Then it looks like you only have a sentinel equipped and no weapons. 

Then you can carry the team with your carrier 🙂 

• Like 7

I don't mind "carrying", especially when grouped up with newer players it just happens by default due to me likely being equipped better with better builds. What I do mind is carrying players that come into the mission with the expectation to get carried. Players without the decency to slap a vitality on their level frame, to bring a properly modded weapon along with their unmodded level weapons when needed or players who outright refuse to play the game and give you cocky responses when confronted. I'll instantly leave if that happens, don't revive them etc..

It's not a shame to be not on the same knowledge or gear level as others, but it is to be a dirty leecher and if you are you are one of the worst things in this game. This applies to all MRs by the way. I had more than enough MR28 afk Inaros‘, Limbos etc..

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Like 3

carrying the team = my entire existence in and out of warframe lol.

that's one of the (admittedly better) outcomes when you go public. when i go public I expect to be landed with people who don't know a thing and end up carryign them. happens fairly foten, and if the others are active and helpful, then it's a nice surprise. but NEVER go in banking on a good team; that's the mistake people keep making, and why we always see threads complaining about other players, when they should know the risks of public matchmaking.

15 hours ago, xHeretic said:

weird, the game doesn't allow me to go into missions without a weapon

15 hours ago, kgabor said:

Pretty sure they had one equipped, you can't start a mission without at least one weapon.

15 hours ago, HappyFishxas said:

You cant even un-equip your last weapon in the arsenal.

15 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That should not be possible.

I take back my original statement. I went and had another look at the screenshots and yes both had a single weapon equipped. One had Stradavar Prime, the other Sigma & Octantis. I think it was the lack of a companion that threw me - each had just two lines listed in the loadout, the frame and the single weapon.qwEBt6a.jpg

I'm not bothered by it the carry, it's just the first time that it has been blatantly obvious.

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03
Correcting my wording
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked their loadout only to discover that neither had any weapons equipped!

I can only assume they were leveling their frames. To their credit, they both managed over 100 kills in the 15 rounds. Not something that I've seen before though.

This is how most Trinity players are in E/SO. They usually leave if they don't have a nuker in the team which creates "Host Migration."

Also you have to have minimum one weapon equipped. They were probably leveling a weapon, the same as you. What mission were you on?

When players are running a Nuke frame this sometimes  explains why player go AFK. If lets say Saryn spores is killing everything, why should a player waste their time running to an enemy if by the time they reach it, they are dead already?... This is why Nuker's break this game entirely for Co-Op.

But since you are running a Banshee, it could be you are staggering the enemies with your Silence and making the mission much slower than if they all rushed the defense objective. I myself get frustrated when Wisp players use the Electric Mote in defense mission if we are trying to level up weapons and frames. These missions are not at the level where stagger is needed. Stagger is only beneficial when enemies take longer to kill than one shotting them for defense missions and if you are not able to defend objective quick enough. This is why Speed-Nova is a great tool to use for speeding up defense when leveling weapons and frames. Instead of 10mins for 5 waves you can finish 5 waves within 4mins.

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I take back my original statement. I went and had another look at the screenshots and yes both had a single weapon equipped. One had Stradavar Prime, the other Sigma & Octantis. I think it was the lack of a companion that threw me - each had just two lines listed in the loadout, the frame and the single weapon.qwEBt6a.jpg

I'm not bothered by the carry, it's just the first time that it has been blatantly obvious.

Not always but sometime MR10's have no clue whats going on. Speaking from my own MR10 existence at one point of my Warframe career. They may not have the knowledge of modding or having the right mods to be of much help or the understanding of how to mod for suvival instead of ability spamming. Not till I was about MR14 did I start to do my research on now the modding system worked and frame abilities.

5 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I myself get frustrated when Wisp players use the Electric Mote in defense mission if we are trying to level up weapons and frames. These missions are not at the level where stagger is needed. Stagger is only beneficial when enemies take longer to kill than one shotting them for defense missions and if you are not able to defend objective quick enough. This is why Speed-Nova is a great tool to use for speeding up defense when leveling weapons and frames. Instead of 10mins for t waves you can finish 5 waves within 4mins.

Wisp Shock Motes only stagger mobs in line of sight though, so there's always an opportunity to kill them.

Not optimal with a team using only melee though.

il y a 12 minutes, kwlingo a dit :

This is why Nuker's break this game entirely for Co-Op.

For some reason, I feel personally attacked by this. 😛 (/s)

More seriously, if you just obliterared most things with your Banshee/weapons, the others might simply have decided, that giving their all wouldn`t do much difference.
Otherwise, players who expect there to be at least one person in a random match, that can and happily will carry all of them, aren`t rare and usually not a problem in my opinion (as long as it doesn`t make the mission much longer or endangers it).

The Frost might have started the map with the intention to do the work, if no one else was there, but since you did `his job´, he was just happy to let you do your thing and went for entertainment instead.
Maps like that don`t really need four people giving their all. It can be annoying, if you yourself want to share the work, instead of doing all or none of it, but that is just the rng of pub`s.
Harmless and better than people who troll or actually hinder the mission and I usually don`t see a problem letting one or two players level their things and do the bulk of the mission myself. (In my opinion).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Wisp Shock Motes only stagger mobs in line of sight though, so there's always an opportunity to kill them.

All I know is every defense mission with Shock Motes slows each wave's completion down a lot if no one is running a nuke frame. Star chart missions are too lower for benefits speed of completion but Arbitration, Sorties, and Endurance runs its very welcomed for survival of team.

• Like 1

hard to say really, a certain build on mirage will allow her to essentially perm nuke waves in lower levels, especially on a small map like helene...

honestly, considering their kill counts, they probably aren't really afking, they might not be shooting, yes, but using abilities to kill is most certainly fair game

2 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I think it was the lack of a companion that threw me - each had just two lines listed in the loadout, the frame and the single weapon.

Now, this is actually really common.

I'm not trying to judge you as a player, your profile says you've been here over a year, and I was just wondering if you knew why players would enter missions to level weapons with only that weapon and no companion or other weapons equipped.

If you're unaware of the distribution of Affinity based on how you gain it, I can enlighten you, maybe improve your own levelling process a bit (especially as you said 'weapons' in the plural that you were trying to level). But I won't insult you by just splurging that all here without asking first.

So, while you may not have seen that before, you're going to see it a lot more as you go up the levels of the Star Chart and get to places like Hydron or Stofler.

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

But since you are running a Banshee, it could be you are staggering the enemies with your Silence and making the mission much slower than if they all rushed the defense objective.

I think I used Silence all of once, completely by accident, in the whole 15 rounds. I was deliberately avoiding using my abilities unless the defense target was becoming overwhelmed as I know how some people are about nuke frames.

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

honestly, considering their kill counts, they probably aren't really afking, they might not be shooting, yes, but using abilities to kill is most certainly fair game

Totally agree. Their kill counts show they were doing something. I presume the Mirage was dropping Sleight of Hand and occasionally Prism. Frost was keeping the Snow Globe up and must have been firing the occasional Avalanche. It's not like they were doing nothing it was just that they were obviously doing something different to what I have previously seen.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If you're unaware of the distribution of Affinity based on how you gain it, I can enlighten you, maybe improve your own levelling process a bit (especially as you said 'weapons' in the plural that you were trying to level). But I won't insult you by just splurging that all here without asking first.

Thank you, that's very polite! Yep, I'm aware how the Affinity system works, particularly how Affinity is divided from other player kills within range. With a booster active I still find it faster to equip three weapons on a weak frame and do 20 rounds of defense than try to level them individually. Not that I'm in any real hurry to level them atm.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

you're going to see it a lot more as you go up the levels of the Star Chart and get to places like Hydron or Stofler.

I really should be using Hydron more. My default for ages was Io, then I moved to Helene to get Orokin cells at the same time. Might even get me some better relics!

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

distribution of Affinity

Companions, as long as they don't kill stuff, don't decrease the Affinity gain on your Frame / weapons,
so not having at least a weaponless (or Artax-wielding) Sentinel equipped for some support is just a bad decision.

7 hours ago, xHeretic said:

weird, the game doesn't allow me to go into missions without a weapon

I admit I kinda want that to be a Warframe, you have no weapons, you only your powers or hell even a game mode or choice, so you play JUST with your powers 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Once I hit certain skill level and started having better builds I ended up carrying people on a regular basis. If you go pub on a mission it's something that happens. If it's on a longer mission type it can be a great time to help out new players. You know, those people who obviously don't know what to do in the mission. A touch of information on how to open relics for example can make a huge change for somebody just starting out.

True afk people I generally ignore or if they're being annoying I leave at my convenience. Problem solved..

• Like 1

i know this is an absolute SIN to mention on forums

but 90% of the missions in which im paired with under MR15, i carry them ( less often in sortie )

and thats somehow normal since at that MR ur interested in leveling items so you mostly have no good item to do some work with ( and also, low mr sometimes means that they dont know how to play )

but its fine

afaik, the only way to have no weapons is to give ur secondary to the rescue guy or have it removed by the cat lady