Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clicked on a locker but got the lich instead !@#$%

Killa_Byte

was doing solo capture and killed a lich that waS right next to a locker turned around to open the locker and it took the lich instead now I get to waste a bunch of grinding for a kuva  wep I already have at 60%  grrrr! SURE WISH I HAD THE OPTION TO DELETE DE !

1 minute ago, MetalGrayFox said:

IF you do not wish to hunt further liches, you can work out the requiems and just leave it until it's the nightwave challenge for a quick 7k (I know it's not a solution, just trying to make good on a bad situation).

Liches are bad no matter what

3 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Opening lockers is also a "challenge" for nightwave so, it can still happen anyway

Look, I'm all for hold to accept, qte cypher acknowledgement, 1 time a week removal, whatever for making a lich.

But currently. 1 of 20 needed lockers out of ~50 on any stage anyway , in any number of missions. And the larva is right there. That's funny.

14 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Once a week delete option would be nice.

Agree.

But what would also be nice, would be to practice more Attention to your surroundings.

Larvling down next to a locker. Are 200 credits and a couple hundred ferrite are worth me risking opening up this locker with a larvling next to it, possibly stabbing it instead of opening the locker?

13 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Opening lockers is also a "challenge" for nightwave so, it can still happen anyway

There are like 50 lockers in the tileset, you could, ohh i dont know? look for another locker? or does THAT locker is that much important to you?

7 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Agree.

But what would also be nice, would be to practice more Attention to your surroundings.

Larvling down next to a locker. Are 200 credits and a couple hundred ferrite are worth me risking opening up this locker with a larvling next to it, possibly stabbing it instead of opening the locker?

There are like 50 lockers in the tileset, you could, ohh i dont know? look for another locker? or does THAT locker is that much important to you?

I was doing a focus farm with sleep equinox and finishers. I ignored the Larvling the first time i saw it but because of how the game's engine reuses unkilled enemies it spawned back in and gave me a lich i had no interest in grinding.

anyways, regardless of how someone gets a lich, still doesn't excuse the questionable game design of not giving players an option to get rid of it without having to go through the painful grind.

Did that once, when I was running Cassini for all the weapons and Ephemeras. Went into a bit of an autopilot mode, and mistook the Lich for the capture target, and got a Lich with a Kuva Ogris which I didn't want at the time. Had to run a hunt to get rid of her so I could roll another one. I've been more careful in missions with Larvlings around since.

Funny thing was, the Kuva Ogris then later returned to my "Keep" list, and that one that I got by mistake could have saved me a few Lich hunts.

I've reached the point where I never, ever use a melee weapon when in the vicinity of a larvling, I always take it down with ranged weapons, then stay well back until it expires. When I was still hunting lich weapons, after taking one down with a ranged weapon I'd approach with one finger on the forward key, see what weapon it had and if I didn't want it, back away with one finger on the back key. That's how often I was "accidentally" killing larvlings.

same story here

wiped out a group of grineer while rushing throught the map

pressed reload to take on the next group

turns out one of them was a larvling

and that was how I got my first lich

I still have it

so much about 'opt-in'

would help if mission abort would also cancel lich creation

honestly with the flashing and talking fanfare and the marker and i think they said they patched out the larvaling teleporting to you like other enemies or were planning on it I would say they've done just about everything to make it as opt in but it'll never be perfectly idiotproof. i mean you saw it was next to the locker just wait like the way... 20 seconds or something for it to die off?

either way it's not like it's the end of the world anyways. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

honestly with the flashing and talking fanfare and the marker and i think they said they patched out the larvaling teleporting to you like other enemies or were planning on it I would say they've done just about everything to make it as opt in but it'll never be perfectly idiotproof. i mean you saw it was next to the locker just wait like the way... 20 seconds or something for it to die off?

Finishers, interaction and reloading (on gamepad). All these actions can instantly spawn a lich if used near larvling. There's also a bug, which is pretty rare but still, where normal melee attacks sometimes lead to finisher animations. Seriously disrupting the mission flow is not the answer. I bet we won't see any new "accidently created a lich" posts if DE simply make us hold the interaction button for couple seconds to parazon a larvling.

31 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I bet we won't see any new "accidently created a lich" posts if DE simply make us hold the interaction button for couple seconds to parazon a larvling.

Ohh you can bet you WILL see them even with a safeguard like Hold to Interact. If anything i learned over the years, is that people in warframe will find ANYTHING to complain about, and if they cannot complain about one specific thing, in this case, the "accidental" parazon stab, they WILL find a way to make it look like a serious issue so they can complain about it.

6 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Ohh you can bet you WILL see them even with a safeguard like Hold to Interact. If anything i learned over the years, is that people in warframe will find ANYTHING to complain about, and if they cannot complain about one specific thing, in this case, the "accidental" parazon stab, they WILL find a way to make it look like a serious issue so they can complain about it.

There is no other action tied to holding 'interact' button. If "hold the button to create a lich" is implemented, saying that you created a lich accidently would be a lie, unless a bug or controller malfunction happens.

Archived