Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Forced To Stay In Survival Missions?

Renathy

vai7.png

And I wait, and wait...

We agreed to do 15 minutes of Survival, so one player and I went to extraction and waited for the other two. Only three minutes after I've warned them, one of them reached Extraction but left a minute later, alongside the other guy and they went to hunt more god damned Corpus.

2,000 Credits at 20 minutes. Oh, my god.

An easy fix would be allowing players to leave with closing the session for the other players.

Example:

X, Y, Z join survival.
X sees what he wants at 15 minutes, goes to extraction, animation plays, gets his reward, results screen, he's gone.

Y and Z continue, the match doesn't finish/close out when X left.

Y sees what he wants at 25 minutes, goes to extraction, etc, etc.

This allows players to leave whenever they want to (after five minutes) and also allows players who want to continue to do so. Hire me, DE.

An easy fix would be allowing players to leave with closing the session for the other players.

Example:

X, Y, Z join survival.

X sees what he wants at 15 minutes, goes to extraction, animation plays, gets his reward, results screen, he's gone.

This allows players to leave whenever they want to (after five minutes) and also allows players who want to continue to do so. Hire me, DE.

If X is a host, than Y and Z get their arses handed to them after host migration. But I support this idea, as it is sound and reasonable.

Example:

X, Y, Z join survival.

that sounds logic.. it should be that way.. +1

The host migration bullS#&$ isn't exclusive to Survival and I hope will be addressed by DE sooner than later.

Rewards should transfer over host migration and the game should enter a pause screen after the migration. The pause screen can persist for a few seconds so players can get oriented again or it can be dispelled when all players press a 'continue' button or something. If another player joins while the pause screen is up, their character spawns but immediately enter the pause screen.

10 to 15 second wait at extraction was Tyrian3k's idea.

Example:
X, Y, Z are doing survival. X is hosting.

X leaves at 15 minutes for his prize. He goes to extraction, waits ten to 15 seconds, and leaves.
Host migration occurs. Y is now host.
The game pauses. The game will only continue when Y and Z press 'Continue mission'

W, another player, joins during the pause screen. He spawns and sees the screen.
When W, Y, and Z press 'continue', the mission goes on like normal.
At 30 minutes, they head to extraction.

Y and Z get all the rewards from the 5 minute mark to the 30 minute mark.
Idk if W should get rewards for the 15, 10, and 5 minute mark since he wasn't there.

Edited by Grimgrip

How about 5s? Sometimes extractions will get swarmed by mobs pretty quickly. Or 3s.

That is something DE should take care off, bc if you decide to go to ext, in a minute or two spawn mobs out of the closet that overun you very easly, yesterday I was doing survival at Nimus in Eris, at 25m got split chamber (that i was looking for weapon bc i have all maxed), i decided to go to ext and warned the other player that was with me, well he decided to continue and didnt even bother to reply.

Conclusion, we already had failed the last 30m game bc of staying until last percentage of air (my fault also bc i dont do that) and we got downded the 2, in this game i was waiting at ext, then appear lots of ancient toxic mobs that spawned from the wall in ext and i go down in second (at 30m in Nimus the mobs are already at level 120), and my dear coop player arrived when there was no air and I just had died, since i was dead he couldnt trigger the ext bc of the 10 sec countdown and i coulnd revive myself quickly before he go down to, so mission failed again and i wasted 1 hour to get nothing, the first 30m im also responsable, so no whinning, but the second game was just selfish person at is best in warframe.

I see this all the time in survival, 3 waiting for 1, sometimes just bc of a player (after being asked of course, if people dont say nothing the others dont guess) there are people that waste revives waiting for him.

Something must change or survival only with a party, bc pugs is becoming waste of time.