The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rant about Clan Recruiters

PookieNumnums

2 hours ago, 32768 said:

What happens when you downsize, do you keep all already invested resources or does all the researches reset to zero?

We weren't sure what would happen.  Luckily, everything except hema was done, bar a few pigments we hadn't started yet.   We had a ton of mutagen already invested in hema though so we ended up having a huge push over the space of about two weeks to finish it off before downsizing as we didnt want to risk losing everything invested so far.

8 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

they should add p2win chat emoticons so you can take your recruitment advertisement to a level above the competition

why would i join a clan only using smiley face emotes in their ad when i could join this other clan with waifu emotes

Well stated

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why would anyone joining ever care about pigments unless they join a clan soley to decorate and be allowed to do so right off the bat?

Because its a direct indicator of how much group participation there is  and as such a metric you could gauge the likelihood that someone is gonna help you out with stuff. 

13 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Because its a direct indicator of how much group participation there is  and as such a metric you could gauge the likelihood that someone is gonna help you out with stuff. 

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How? 

I agree with Ervin, how exactly? 

Having pigments researched has no correlation to general clan helpfulness at all.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I agree with Ervin, how exactly? 

Having pigments researched has no correlation to general clan helpfulness at all.

If theyre not willing to set aside their current objectives to focus on clan goals,  what makes you think theyre gonna do that for any 1 random player in the group? 

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

If theyre not willing to set aside their current objectives to focus on clan goals,  what makes you think theyre gonna do that for any 1 random player in the group? 

But what makes pigment stand out compared to the rest of the research? Pigments dont use personal resources like the rest of the research, so it is less of an indication if people in the clan are team players or not.

35 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But what makes pigment stand out compared to the rest of the research? Pigments dont use personal resources like the rest of the research, so it is less of an indication if people in the clan are team players or not.

This was thoroughly explained across the other posts,  namely the op. 

Most clans have one or two players that can instantly fill up any research requirements that use resources. 

You cannot stock pigments for colors that arent actively being researched and they dont come from general gameplay,  only from that colors specific enemy while that pigment is active. As such, it cannot be instantly completed by those with resource stockpiles , and as a result , requires an conscious farming effort which for most is too much of a task to complete in reasonable time by an individual or two. Partly why most of these groups dont have them. 

Hence clan effort/involvement/contribution. 

Edited by PookieNumnums

32 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Most clans have one or two players that can instantly fill up any research requirements that use resources. 

You cannot stock pigments for colors that arent actively being researched and they dont come from general gameplay,  only from that colors specific enemy while that pigment is active. As such, it cannot be instantly completed by those with resource stockpiles , and as a result , requires an conscious farming effort which for most is too much of a task to complete in reasonable time by an individual or two. Partly why most of these groups dont have them. 

As a warlord in a clan of hundreds of players, this does not reflect the actual reality I see every day.   We're also part of an alliance which has a couple of thousand players.

Every day I see players going out of their way to help others, either with farming, clearing nodes, giving away sets, parts, mods, giving help and advice, you name it.  And I believe the number of players in my clan/alliance is large enough to be fairly representative.   

I really dont understand why you're so upset about a point which is so pedantic concerning an issue which in reality, only a tiny number of players are the even the slightest bit concerned about.   All players are concerned with is tenno labs, drydock and lich trading post.  That's it.  I'll wager a lot of players don't even know what pigments are.  A clan not having every pigment researched is in no way an indication of how nice/helpful/generous the members of that clan are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

It still doesnt indicate that clans with little pigments have less group effort involved since pigments are a very specific side objective several people dont care about because of what it effects in the game, which is next to nothing. It just has no impact on the gameplay of WF, it isnt something that more than a few will go "oh damn we need to get that unlocked!". Not to mention there is extremely little info when being part of a clan that there even is such a thing as pigments.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-08 at 8:14 AM, PookieNumnums said:

As for @kireek i dont know what youre referring to but ive always been honest in trade. I have always offered items for cheaper than warframe.market. 

Maybe it was a misunderstanding i dunno. Maybe what you read was out of context. 

I did sell p fury and p vigor for large sums but those werent on market. 

From my experience you have a clear view on what things should cost, so, when someone decides something different you are prone to the entire "you should feel bad from deciding something different from me"

It's not the pricing, it's the general attitude.

Not everyone does things your way, full research may mean all the relevant research and they will advertise it that way because it's not like they are intentionally misleading players

• Like 1

"our clan has every advanced weapon and warframe researched, is well decorated and is full of players"

"yeah, that's all well and good, but if you don't have that particular shade of pink, I'm out".

^nobody has ever had a recruitment conversation that goes like this. pigments don't matter, it's a fact. most people will only research for colours they want. youc an simply ask them how much they are willing to help if you're concerned. 

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

From my experience you have a clear view on what things should cost, so, when someone decides something different you are prone to the entire "you should feel bad from deciding something different from me"

It's not the pricing, it's the general attitude.

Not everyone does things your way, full research may mean all the relevant research and they will advertise it that way because it's not like they are intentionally misleading players

Yeah thats absolute bullS#&$ outside of me accusing riven sellers of general overpricing. 

Thanks for the attempted slander though. Appreciate it. 

14 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It still doesnt indicate that clans with little pigments have less group effort involved since pigments are a very specific side objective several people dont care about because of what it effects in the game, which is next to nothing. It just has no impact on the gameplay of WF, it isnt something that more than a few will go "oh damn we need to get that unlocked!". Not to mention there is extremely little info when being part of a clan that there even is such a thing as pigments.

I mean.. in a game where completionism is actually a thing why wouldnt it extend to getting everything finished regardless of how important or influential? 

Thats like saying "hema is garbage so we arent gonna research it" 

2 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

I mean.. in a game where completionism is actually a thing why wouldnt it extend to getting everything finished regardless of how important or influential? 

Thats like saying "hema is garbage so we arent gonna research it" 

Pigment is a thing that doesnt effect every single player. There is no personal completionism that surrounds that specific research, it isnt something you can take with you and so on if you move on.

I'd be more inclined to leave a clan if the leader or the upper rank demanded the members to actively help get pigment due to the nature of that specific research.