Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Technopsyche skin by Master Noob for consoles?

I've been looking forward to Nyx Technopsyche skin from Master Noob to arrive to PS4, alas the last two Tennogen waves didn't bring it.

Is there a plan to add it to consoles? Or rather, why wasn't it added yet and is there something that can be done to make it happen?

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I found it here actually, which I see is now nearly exactly a year ago too.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/230410/view/1608262297565818217

Oh I'm mistaken. I thought you were talking about his Nidus skin. Sorry.

The item has to go through the creator's approval of a contract that DE proposes to them to place it on consoles. It's more complex than PC because of how Steam directly takes a share and allows distribution of the sales (making much easy and faster), but consoles have different methods of monetization, so a contract has to made for the pay of the creator.

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

Oh I'm mistaken. I thought you were talking about his Nidus skin. Sorry.

The item has to go through the creator's approval of a contract that DE proposes to them to place it on consoles. It's more complex than PC because of how Steam directly takes a share and allows distribution of the sales (making much easy and faster), but consoles have different methods of monetization, so a contract has to made for the pay of the creator.

Oh, wow! I had no idea the process is this complex. Then I suppose the skin creator didn't give the approval for console release since we already have some of the things from that Tennogen round, the Frost Ion skin, for example, since I bought it. 😀

Then again, I believe this creator also made the Repala Syandana, which I'd wager is the best selling Tennogen of them all since I see it on so many players, so it's weird to gold out on more gains, but there's likely more going on behind the scenes.

Thank you for the explanation. 👍

Console players are lucky we get tennogen at all.  Deals have to be worked out between the artists, console companies, and de.

We are missing stuff all the way back to round 14 still. 

Back when de said they where releasing smaller tennogen bundles in the hopes of getting consoles more stuff things changed. Notice we get 3 to 4 frame skins and 3 to 4 other things that are popular. Console companies are picking and choosing. We are not garunteed to ever get tennogen on console.

Its a shame theres about a dozen tennogen items console lacks atm that i would buy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-06-06 at 4:01 PM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Oh, wow! I had no idea the process is this complex. Then I suppose the skin creator didn't give the approval for console release since we already have some of the things from that Tennogen round, the Frost Ion skin, for example, since I bought it. 😀

Then again, I believe this creator also made the Repala Syandana, which I'd wager is the best selling Tennogen of them all since I see it on so many players, so it's weird to gold out on more gains, but there's likely more going on behind the scenes.

Thank you for the explanation. 👍

As I understand it, there are two basic conditions to satisfy:

1.  Content Creators must be willing to contractually settle on a one-time pay-out with no residual that turns over all rights to Sony/MS.

2.  Said content is selectively chosen, likely based on PC Sales and/or projected sales and capacity to port over in any given update.

This might just mean that:

A.  Their art has to first be chosen as a possible candidate for Console Tennogen.

B.  They have to be asked and then accept terms above.

Good news the update which gave condole the deadlock protocal patch also gave us 20 plus new tennogen goodies.

They are not bundled for reason but you can nab them ingame now.

Granted we are still missing some tennogen. But its still great we got a bunch recently.

Archived