Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This severe audio glitch happened while i was livestreaming

Alexis_Walker

[UPDATE!] it happened again today as soon as i launched the game, but i managed to fix it after some trial and error.. apparently for some reason it had something to do with my usb-powered headphones which have their own external sound-card DAC thing. 

i went in the game's audio settings and tried switching it from "default" (which was my headphones) to my PC's native sound, and the game audion came out of there like normal, no screeching.

then I tried switching it directly to my headphones (not "default" as it was before) and it continued to screetch, and the game also gave me a popup warning saying something about sound being "recovered"...

so i tried hopping back and fourth through the different output options a few more times and figured out my headphones were the only output that had this issue..

so eventually i tried physically unplugging my headphones from the pc completely and plugging them back in, and now the sound is completely fixed. normal space sounds playing through my headphones and no screeching.

still not exactly sure what caused this to happen to begin with, did my headphones themselves fail? was it something in the game that didnt like my headphones? iunno, but at least its fixed now.

• 9 months later...