Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Market Suggestion : Warframe Bps

Creovex

Like so many others, who haven't had that lucky drop yet to finish a specific warframe, I kept thinking to myself "How can DE make out and the user at the same time?" 

The answer: Sell Warframe Component BPs for 100 platinum each on the market.

I know farming yesterday, there were plenty of  talk by a bunch of pubbers who are tired of seeing countless alerts but never the one that has the specific Vauban bp that we need to finish our set (similar story about each frame).  The point is, why not allow for the purchase of warframe component bps for 100 platinum each.

Think about it - I as a customer would drop quick 100 - 500 plat in no time just trying to get the BPs that I have had zero luck getting to finish out my collection.

Compared to the current system, the highest costing warframe would cost me 375 plat to get all (4) bps, (1) orikin reactor and (1) warframe slot.

If you bought the whole thing, you get the bonus, but if you bought them individually it would cost (4) bps = 400 plat + 20 (reactor) + warframe slot (20)  = 440 plat.  (Thx for the reminder Drasiel)

SO why not break up the BPs of the warframes for platinum and help alleviate some of this anger towards the RNG and BPs?

Edited by Creovex

At first I thought "Wtf why don't you just buy the whole frame for plat?", but then I read your post again and I get it.

I gotta admit, I bought my Vauban. I have the systems and the chassis, but I couldn't find the helmet. It bugged me for WEEKS, missing every single helmet alert because I was at work. I finally caved and spent my plat after I found out I missed a helmet alert by ONE MINUTE because I wanted to find something to eat and played with my dogs for a bit.

So what we got here with your suggestion is that we keep the full frame in the market, but also have each part up for sale with plat. Buying the parts individually totals up to be more than the complete frame, but each part is less. I can agree with this idea, it may give DE some impulse sales.

I will admit, if I had the option to buy that missing helmet weeks ago when I was hunting for it, I would have just bought it in a heartbeat rather than waiting as long as I did to buy the whole frame. What's better, is that if I had the option to buy the parts individually I would have been a MUCH happier customer, because I would have finished my frame for CHEAPER than the whole frame price.

TL;DR - +1

Edited by LeoAtKnight

At first I thought "Wtf why don't you just buy the whole frame for plat?", but then I read your post again and I get it.

I gotta admit, I bought my Vauban. I have the systems and the chassis, but I couldn't find the helmet. It bugged me for WEEKS, missing every single helmet alert because I was at work. I finally caved and spent my plat after I found out I missed a helmet alert by ONE MINUTE because I wanted to find something to eat and played with my dogs for a bit.

So what we got here with your suggestion is that we keep the full frame in the market, but also have each part up for sale with plat. Buying the parts individually totals up to be more than the complete frame, but each part is less. I can agree with this idea, it may give DE some impulse sales.

I will admit, if I had the option to buy that missing helmet weeks ago when I was hunting for it, I would have just bought it in a heartbeat rather than waiting as long as I did to buy the whole frame. What's better, is that if I had the option to buy the parts individually I would have been a MUCH happier customer, because I would have finished my frame for CHEAPER than the whole frame price.

TL;DR - +1

Thanks for reading the post clearly... The intent is to KEEP the whole frames available but to now offer part sales as well.  You sound exactly like myself and a bunch of others in general chat yesterday. 

Why would you spend up to 500 platinum when no fully built and reactor socket'd warframe is more than 375? 

Re-read please, Hint: 5x 100 each  (BPs for Multiple frames, not buying a single warframe but parts for mutliples).

Example:  If I need a Helmet for Vauban, a Chassis for Frost, Systems for Ember, Nyx and Saryn, I would pay 500 platinum.  If I just wanted  the Vauban, I could still buy the WHOLE thing as a package for 375 platinum, but the point here is I have OTHER BPs, I just need specific ones.

Edited by Creovex

With encrypted drop tables, there may be temptation to tamper with drop rates of one part (or suspicion of such by players) if parts could be bought.

That caveat aside, I see no other reason not to have this available as an option. The more things there are to buy, the more money DE get. At worst, nobody would buy them (unlikely, especially with alert part) and nothing is lost.

Why would you buy frame BPs? You either buy whole frame with all shiny, or farm it. There is no point in selling BPs.

You are kidding right?  This makes obvious sense, Vauban being the perfect example.  I would bet more people would be open to paying for parts to frames that are taking them longer to get (due to alerts or drop rates) then wanting to pay full price for 5 frames, when they would gladly pay 500 platinum for the 5 parts they are missing.

This could easily garner more sales.

You are kidding right?  This makes obvious sense, Vauban being the perfect example.  I would bet more people would be open to paying for parts to frames that are taking them longer to get (due to alerts or drop rates) then wanting to pay full price for 5 frames, when they would gladly pay 500 platinum for the 5 parts they are missing.

You really think DE would place BPs on market for 100 plat?

As you mentioned Vauban, i think one of his parts would be around 200 plat. If DE decides to include BPs on market.

But would that actually offset the amount they get from people buying Vauban straight up? Not saying i wouldn't mind or like to see Vauban parts up there, but they would have to equal the amount of sales of the whole frame for it to even make sense financially. Otherwise they would be effectively loosing money by implementing it.

ps. I still think however that 20 bucks, or there about, for a frame is way too pricey. It should be half that but im playing devils advocate here.

But would that actually offset the amount they get from people buying Vauban straight up? Not saying i wouldn't mind or like to see Vauban parts up there, but they would have to equal the amount of sales of the whole frame for it to even make sense financially. Otherwise they would be effectively loosing money by implementing it.

ps. I still think however that 20 bucks, or there about, for a frame is way too pricey. It should be half that but im playing devils advocate here.

It's proven logic with F2P games, the lower you reduce the transaction versus the higher the perceived value, the quicker someone is to purchase without "really thinking" hard about it.  100 plat is a quick, no heavy cost price... 375 plat is not an easy sale.  Just listen to the ingame chatter at nights, plenty of people farming one part and I am sure a bunch would snap up a BP and drop 100 plat without much thought rather than grind or wait another month for alerts.  This function provides a level of instantaneous gratification to those who have almost all the parts. 

As for DE charging more, unlike the cheap "bundle version", you still have to get an inventory slot, still have to get an orokin reactor and still have to wait 3 days for the build. 

That one BP COULD lead to a gain of.... (if the individual gets inpatient once they get their last piece)

+100 plat BP

+20 for orokin reactor

+20 for warframe slot

+25 rush build part

+50 for rush build frame...

= more money then just waiting on players to accumulate

Yes it is less than the 375 for say the Vauban but it is more than if the gamer just waited a month or two till they naturally farmed it, along with a reactor and built it at a slower pace.

This could equal more money for DE and greater happiness out of some players. 

I know I would drop the cash outright but will just wait and sit on such builds for now as I am already agitated by the drop/alert rate.

Any intelligent business minded individual will see it's a gain - gain here.  Not doing this is a bad move and money loss for DE.

Edited by Creovex

It's proven logic with F2P games, the lower you reduce the transaction versus the higher the perceived value, the quicker someone is to purchase without "really thinking" hard about it.  100 plat is a quick, no heavy cost price... 375 plat is not an easy sale.  Just listen to the ingame chatter at nights, plenty of people farming one part and I am sure a bunch would snap up a BP and drop 100 plat without much thought rather than grind or wait another month for alerts.  This function provides a level of instantaneous gratification to those who have almost all the parts. 

As for DE charging more, unlike the cheap "bundle version", you still have to get an inventory slot, still have to get an orokin reactor and still have to wait 3 days for the build. 

That one BP COULD lead to a gain of.... (if the individual gets inpatient once they get their last piece)

+100 plat BP

+20 for orokin reactor

+20 for warframe slot

+25 rush build part

+50 for rush build frame...

= more money then just waiting on players to accumulate

Yes it is less than the 375 for say the Vauban but it is more than if the gamer just waited a month or two till they naturally farmed it, along with a reactor and built it at a slower pace.

This could equal more money for DE and greater happiness out of some players. 

I know I would drop the cash outright but will just wait and sit on such builds for now as I am already agitated by the drop/alert rate.

Any intelligent business minded individual will see it's a gain - gain here.  Not doing this is a bad move and money loss for DE.

Sound reasoning which I certainly wont argue against. I just bring it up because a lot of games have seemed to shy away from real micro-transactions, think more dollar menu. I play a lot of F2P games and a majority of them are hovering around the 10 dollar mark for a weapon/helm/skin/whatever and i just don't think they are ever worth that. Yet other people must because these games are still profitable and running.

I see nothing micro about that. Yet somehow it works. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to refute you but in every forum for every F2P game I've ever been a part of people always state "lower your prices and more people will buy" but I've never seen the trend go down. Its not an exclusive thing to one dev house or publisher either. They all seem to be around the same consensus that this is the acceptable value.