Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would anyone like to have explorable cities?

In reality they could do it if we dont demand it to be seamless. Think Fallout 3 and go from there.

The massiveness of a large futuristic urban area could also probably be solved by taking the Archwing and Railjack route to animations and scaling i.e downscaling us to make things seem bigger than they are. 

Consider how massive some Archwing tiles are if you werent able to fly in them. Some of them have actual "city" structures, like street/highway looking things with overpassing glassed in bridges and large hallways etc.

So it isnt far out of reach aslong they they go about it the correct way in the design.

Edited by SneakyErvin

That's the thing about fan concepts and debates on whatever, there are as many who dislike the ideas as there are who do. It's kinda the best and worst thing about the WF community. Everyone wants the game to be the best that it can be but it often falls into Reeeeing screaming matches that goes nowhere.

Still it is nice to be able to generate ideas like these if nothing else and who knows some of them might even get enough traction to get into the game. How do you think we got Clem?

I thought the most successful updates of the last 3 years are nothing but PoE and Fortuna. That's a right direction.

I would be more than happy if the size can be bigger and more interaction are available which,though, shamefully is nearly impossible.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

In reality they could do it if we dont demand it to be seamless. Think Fallout 3 and go from there.

Personally, I'd go for something like New Mombasa from Halo 3: ODST. A large city broken up into smaller districts with dividing walls separating them. There are gates between the districts that serve as a way to slow the player down and let the game load up the next part of the map. That way each sector can have more detail without being too taxing for lower-end PCs.

We already have something similar with Deck 12 and the Vallis, the main problem being that the entire overworld needs to be loaded when going from the former to the latter. Compartmentalising the map and limiting what needs to be loaded during a district transition would cut down the load times significantly, I'd imagine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

We already have something similar with Deck 12 and the Vallis, the main problem being that the entire overworld needs to be loaded when going from the former to the latter. Compartmentalising the map and limiting what needs to be loaded during a district transition would cut down the load times significantly, I'd imagine.

Following on from the deck 12 theme I guess it could be possible to have a goods/personnel transporter that can act as a fast transport between locations. Something similar could be done for the Grineer say for the various prison camps they have (maybe linking in Saturn 6?). Not sure how well that would work in infested zones but I do like the sound of a zone defense/survival type mission where players would arrive at a location under a randomized infested attack and having to do several mission types in one. E.g a combination of exterminate, mobile defense, spy and rescue. The more you complete the better the rewards.

I'm really hoping for an Infested open world.

Maybe have the settlement have community goals with some sort of horror/survival element which shapes the direction of the settlement. 

With Planes of Duvri coming in 2021 I hope that the next open world is Infested.

Either that or it could be a Sentient Space, who remembers The Sentient Outposts? 

Am 7.6.2020 um 06:06 schrieb kevoisvevo:

not in DE's capability to make a big functioning explorable city. too much time work and money for an indie team.

They are not an indie team, they just happen to go self-publishing. Look up DE's history and you will find well-known names on the list.

So, why should DE not be able to construct a whole city? Sure, it will take time and money, but that's why we buy Plat, right?

I wouldn't mind having it after Duviri, so let them finish Duviri (and ofc Deadlock) first.

2 hours ago, NoSpax said:

They are not an indie team, they just happen to go self-publishing.

So... they're indie.

2 hours ago, NoSpax said:

Look up DE's history and you will find well-known names on the list.

A studio can produce well known games and still be indie.