Tesseract7777

If My Operator Is Weak Can I Still Contribute My Fair Share To Eidolon Fight?

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi, I am a returning veteran. I started to fall off around when Cetus came out, and then my computer crapped out on my just as Umbra was finally released. 

I am back. I am trying desperately to play catch up and rank up like... five new syndicates at once. 

I need the quills, the vent kids, the ostron, the vox solaris and the solaris united, unless I am missing something (I already know about and have the original syndicates from long ago, or the ones I picked from them), and I don't conclave. 

I am trying to rank up quickly through the quills, but to do that I need eidolon shards and lots and lots of cores and just to get to rank two, so I can get the new quest, I need a whole lot of rep and 20 intact sentient cores. 

The only way I have figured out to efficiently get cores without killing an eidolon is to just follow it all night killing vomvalysts over and over but it's slow going. 

I realized the only efficient way to rank up through the syndicate is actually fighting the eidolons (plus I'll need the shards for rank 3), but all I have is a mote amp that is still not yet fully ranked. I need to make my first custom one and am only rank one in the quills. When I was working on focus years ago I went all over the place too, so I have a decent amount in like three of them but none are even close to completed. 

I am not even close to a point where I can solo an eidolon, so I am trying to figure out if there is some way I can still be useful in an Eidolon battle even though my operator is weak sauce right now. 

Are there warframes and builds for them used for support where you don't need to or aren't expected to use your operator much, but are still important to the squad? I really don't want to be carried, nor do I want people to ask to. It's both a pride thing and I just generally feel scummy about it. If I can't find a way to properly contribute I will just grind in a slower, less efficient way, I suppose. 

Also, what is the current best way to quickly farm both focus, and to rank your amp? I really need to do both super quickly. My default mote amp is almost ranked up but once I build another I'll need to rank it up and then again I think? As soon as possible. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

15 answers to this question

Trinity Bless to keep lures alive
Insert Damage McDamaginson frame name here
Volt Shield to further boost damage

Harrow to make people invurnable with 4, during the Eidolon's cry after you break a part. It's for preventing the magnetic procs...
and is outdated...and people seem to just run Arcane Nullifier these days...and as a Harrow main on Eidolon hunts, I feel betrayed by said people...

Those are all the ones I can think of.

• Like 4

With Octavia you can lvl the amp really fast, just go in a survival, drop mallet, get into operator mode, hide/take cover where you wont get hit (granades and aoe's) and done.

As for sentient cores even if you missed SS the Veil anomaly's can give you lot of them, even more going as ivara, am pretty much at your point too (mote amp and so) but swimming on intact sentient cores.

• Like 2

You can run ESO for focus if you get lucky with a team that actually stays for 8 waves.

Banshee is good for boosting your amp damage with Sonar.

You can be useful in an Eidolon fight if you kill Vomvalysts with the Mote amp until you get a proper amp, just spam the Teralyst hunt with pugs until then.

• Like 2

Vombalyst are a big thing once all lures are charged as only amps kill them and you can easily just go in on the terralyst bounty with mote amp and you will not be a bad person. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can play as the dps volt, they aren't required to shoot shields and don't rly need a good amp. All you need is a sniper like a lanka, rubico p, vectis p, vulkar wraith (if u have cc ms - riven) and mod it for heat-crit.

The reason you mod for heat and not radiation is because volt's 1 with augment gives electric dmg which will combine with the heat and make rad. You don't want to use an electric mod on ur wep because there are other mods that will give more dmg than it.

Dps volt build is vig swap, shock trooper, 200-300% str, and a bit of duration. Rest is utility/survivability.

Use the unairu focus school with the unairu wisp node and spawn wisps by void blasting the eidolon for the rest of your squad to use. This will buff the amp damage of whoever picks up the wisps by 100%.

The fastest way to farm focus is through eidolons as there is no daily cap but this won't work for you as of now. The next best way is to equip a nuke frame (equinox, saryn, volt etc.) and go into eso with a focus lens on your warframe and on the weapons you're using.

To rank your amp go to helene and kill enemies with it.

Edited by 3levate
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kgabor said:

You can run ESO for focus if you get lucky with a team that actually stays for 8 waves.

Banshee is good for boosting your amp damage with Sonar.

You can be useful in an Eidolon fight if you kill Vomvalysts with the Mote amp until you get a proper amp, just spam the Teralyst hunt with pugs until then.

Sonar does not work on eidolons. They are immune to warframe abilities. Use volt if you want to buff amp damage. His shields give 200% cd

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Trinity Bless to keep lures alive
Insert Damage McDamaginson frame name here
Volt Shield to further boost damage

Harrow to make people invurnable with 4, during the Eidolon's cry after you break a part. It's for preventing the magnetic procs...
and is outdated...and people seem to just run Arcane Nullifier these days...and as a Harrow main on Eidolon hunts, I feel betrayed by said people...

Those are all the ones I can think of.

People still bring harrow, he is very good because his 4 also gives 50% cc to body shots which helps the DPS volt break limbs

Edited by 3levate
  • Like 1

while Focus makes a big contribution to Eidolon Hunting, Warframe Abilities to protect Allies/Lures or increase the Damage that Players do are still useful to have.
and grabbing Lures is still useful. and being proficient at Charging Lures is still useful. Et Cetera.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3levate said:

People still bring harrow, he is very good because his 4 also gives 50% cc to body shots which helps the DPS volt break limbs

Really? Because I've not seen a Harrow other then myself, since the Plains of Eidolon dropped.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Really? Because I've not seen a Harrow other then myself, since the Plains of Eidolon dropped.

I go hunting daily and I always bring a harrow. He's a part of any meta squad. I people all the time looking for one in rc chat

Edited by 3levate
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-07 at 9:45 AM, 3levate said:

Sonar does not work on eidolons. They are immune to warframe abilities. Use volt if you want to buff amp damage. His shields give 200% cd

OP asked about Amp leveling, that's what i meant if it was unclear.

Weak Amps, such as the Mote Amp get a huge boost from Sonar when used in regular leveling nodes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kgabor said:

OP asked about Amp leveling, that's what i meant if it was unclear.

Weak Amps, such as the Mote Amp get a huge boost from Sonar when used in regular leveling nodes.

Ah ok. I didn't know you were talking about that

• Like 1

you probably already tried by now, but in case someone else has the same fear of being "carried" and reads the topic:

it won't hurt if you go in a Teralyst public run, generally there are people learning too or able to solo and going public so other can follow and learn. On most of your runs, you probably wont even have time to see what is happening and wouldn't have been able to "carry your weight" even with the right gear, as it takes mostly practice to know what to do and when.

You can focus on vomalysts to help. Especially if you've been following the eidolon alone, you know its attack patterns by now, and how not to die which is more than most on their first group run. You can bring rhino for extra buffs to the party during the shoot-a-limb phase, as there are good chances that other bring chroma and volt, the lures shouldn't die in Teralyst mission, Trinity is not really useful there. think about bringing energy restore/ammo if needed (magnetic procs and you dont have arcanes yet)

Worse case scenario, the run fails but that'd be because everyone in the run is learning. And when it goes bad, that's the only way to learn what not to do and on what to focus first when the group has a hard time.You wouldn't see how it can be easy to be overwhelmed by vomalysts in a quick nice run. If someone is not happy about it without being able to contribute enough either, it's just another case of someone who read all the guides and thinks he knows it all, but never practiced. Just ignore. Also, don't be that guy.  If the run seems hard, speak, exchange tips and experiences.  You may find a group willing to tweak, try again and learn together.

And don't keep your cores for the next rank and the guide-friendly amp, invest as soon as you can and get that first cetus amp done asap, its alt fire can 1 shot vomalysts and has a nice punch through, and it's a big game changer compared to the mote amp, especially since they nerfed void damage a bit. Some time ago, the mote amp was enough to cheese vomalysts without aiming right 100% of the time, but now it's a pita.

• Like 3

Its not the end of the world do what you can. The best way i found to grind quils and get parts is to jump in with a public group and try yo kill all three ediolons during the night. Do it a few times a day and you'll have ample mates to rank up.

Once you reach adherent with the quils you can build a solid semi auto amp i use for ediolons. I tend to use volt or chroma on them and can do good damage to be helpful to the team.

Running bounties for cetus and ostron is straight forward.

As for vox. To even do them you need max rank with solaris united.  The 5 missions are ok. But both spider bosses are a chaotic mess.

I can't get either fights mechanics to work and pt crashes my ps4.  The vox rep is awful and tedious to grind. I suggest skipping it. Just do the third mission to get the archgun launcher.

Getting the minor toroids to rank up is a pain since the bosses don't drop them like ediolons.

But all things considered vox solaris rewards can be skipped outright.

Remember the spider bosses only drop toroids for rep. Not the other toroids for ranking up.