Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Putting Critical Delay On Soma Plus Maxed Point Strike?

BleuNoir

So, if I put a maxed critical delay on top of a max point strike mod will I get double crits?

It's not even worth adding Critical Delay on any weapon, as you're going to always lose more fire rate than critical until your base critical hit 75% (the Soma only has 35%).

That being said, assuming that double criticals only appear at 100%+ critical chances (the feature of "double crits" is still debated), the Soma will gain such a feature:

35% (1 + 1.5 + 0.48) = 104.3% critical chance

Edited by ChaoticVice777

It's not even worth adding Critical Delay on any weapon, as you're going to always lose more fire rate than critical until your base critical hit 75% (the Soma only has 35%).

this assumes all you're looking for is 'Deeps'. honestly, i'd be willing to take off a card (probably the unranked Ice card for my mod setup) to increase the Crit Chance to 100%. losing that RoF isn't a big deal to me, i'm not really much of a spammy person anyways.

that being said, Soma is already 87.5% Crit Chance, so honestly, it's not worth it for Soma. some other weapons that could actually benefit from the extra Crit Chance, sure. Sniper Rifles can probably really benefit from this, since they only hit 50%. you could have a cannon of a rifle that would be almost 100% Crit Chance, but would fire quite slowly. 

this assumes all you're looking for is 'Deeps'. honestly, i'd be willing to take off a card (probably the unranked Ice card for my mod setup) to increase the Crit Chance to 100%. losing that RoF isn't a big deal to me, i'm not really much of a spammy person anyways.

that being said, Soma is already 87.5% Crit Chance, so honestly, it's not worth it for Soma. some other weapons that could actually benefit from the extra Crit Chance, sure. Sniper Rifles can probably really benefit from this, since they only hit 50%. you could have a cannon of a rifle that would be almost 100% Crit Chance, but would fire quite slowly. 

It doesn't matter if you're looking for DPS or DPH, the Critical Delay mod is useless. Let's take the snipers:

(1 + 1.5 + 0.48) * 20% = 59.6% critical chance

When did a boost of 9.6% in critical chances worth losing -36% ROF?

EDIT:

In retrospect, the only weapon the Critical Delay mod might be situationally useful for is the Grakata since you're gaining more control for losing the ROF.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Double critting does not occur in the sense of one damage instance critting twice.  For something with 200% crit damage and 10 base damage, this form of a theoretical double crit would result in 40 damage.

The kind that might actually exist (but hasn't show up in my personal testing) is that if you exceed 100%, you get a form of multishot so with the aforementioned numbers, you'd get 20 from the base crit plus another 10 that from the effective multishot.  The extra 10 would crit according to your crit chance - 100%.

As I said, I have not seen either of these in practice when using my Synapse with maxed Point Strike.

It doesn't matter if you're looking for DPS or DPH, the Critical Delay mod is useless. Let's take the snipers:

(1 + 1.5 + 0.48) * 20% = 59.6% critical chance

When did a boost of 9.6% in critical chances worth losing -36% ROF?

EDIT:

In retrospect, the only weapon the Critical Delay mod might be situationally useful for is the Grakata since you're gaining more control for losing the ROF.

Because attack speed is addative, the loss of DPS is less the more attack speed mods you have. Without any of those mods you will lose 36% dps from the negative side of the mod. If you get speed trigger which is +60% rate of fire and because attack speed is addative you dps loss from the negative side on this mod is 36/160= 22.5%. If you get more attack speed mods the loss is even lower. With current weapons it is essential to have an attack speed mod to make this mod a dps increase.

Because attack speed is addative, the loss of DPS is less the more attack speed mods you have. Without any of those mods you will lose 36% dps from the negative side of the mod. If you get speed trigger which is +60% rate of fire and because attack speed is addative you dps loss from the negative side on this mod is 36/160= 22.5%. If you get more attack speed mods the loss is even lower. With current weapons it is essential to have an attack speed mod to make this mod a dps increase.

Or I can forget about the Critical Delay mod and use the two free mod slots for something else because that mod is utterly useless.

Or I can forget about the Critical Delay mod and use the two free mod slots for something else because that mod is utterly useless.

Speed trigger + critical delay on a soma with the two critdmg mods, and point strike will give a 45% damage increase but only increase the attack speed with 24% which is actually pretty nice because soma could use slightly more attack speed but not 60% more.

Adding 2 elemental mods as last mods instead of speed trigger and critical delay is better vs lower level enemies, but vs higher level enemies it will be worse because the 45% damage increase from the other mods scale the other mods instead of adding other damage types. Especially vs high level grineer it will be better because that 45% damage increase is not only more AP damage but also Bullet damage which is better than the other elemental mods you could have added.

Speed trigger + critical delay on a soma with the two critdmg mods, and point strike will give a 45% damage increase but only increase the attack speed with 24% which is actually pretty nice because soma could use slightly more attack speed but not 60% more.

Adding 2 elemental mods as last mods instead of speed trigger and critical delay is better vs lower level enemies, but vs higher level enemies it will be worse because

the 45% damage increase from the other mods scale the other mods instead of adding other damage types. Especially vs high level grineer it will be better because that 45% damage increase is not only more AP damage but also Bullet damage which is better than the other elemental mods you could have added.

Bad idea:

(1 + 1.5 + 0.48) * 35% = 104.3% critical chance (16.8% critical chance boost from Critical Delay)

I could replace Critical Delay and Speed Trigger with Shred for an "equivalent" ROF boost. Besides, with an effective Soma build, you won't be able to add any elemental mods beyond Armor Piercing.

Ultimately you don't have space for critical delay.

I already don't have space for everything I want hence the highlighted hammer shot.

Drop out Stormbringer for Armor PIercing, and swap Bane of X with Hammer Shot.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Bad idea:

(1 + 1.5 + 0.48) * 35% = 104.3% critical chance (16.8% critical chance boost from Critical Delay)

I could replace Critical Delay and Speed Trigger with Shred for an "equivalent" ROF boost. Besides, with an effective Soma build, you won't be able to add any elemental mods beyond Armor Piercing.

Drop out Stormbringer for Armor PIercing, and swap Bane of X with Hammer Shot.

Firstly this is my corpus killer loadout. So Since the only corpus that have armor are crewmen and only on their body the stormbringer is fine (400% electrical damage to the head).

Secondly BANE is better than hammer shot since the 30% it adds is calculated AFTER serration + heavy caliber + rifle amp is applied first.

(((base dmg + (serration% + heavy cal % + rifle amp%)) + bane% )

bad notation is bad but you end up with this

with bane: ((10 + 357%) + 30%) = 59.41

without bane: 10 + 357% = 45.7

now crit damage

bane crits: 59.41 * 6.6 = 392.106

hammer shot: 45.7 * 8.4 = 383.88

Note: I could format better but I suck.

Note 2: The game uses rounding checkpoints throughout the damage formula so the damage here may be off a point or two.

Firstly this is my corpus killer loadout. So Since the only corpus that have armor are crewmen and only on their body the stormbringer is fine (400% electrical damage to the head).

Secondly BANE is better than hammer shot since the 30% it adds is calculated AFTER serration + heavy caliber + rifle amp is applied first.

(((base dmg + (serration% + heavy cal % + rifle amp%)) + bane% )

bad notation is bad but you end up with this

with bane: ((10 + 357%) + 30%) = 59.41

without bane: 10 + 357% = 45.7

now crit damage

bane crits: 59.41 * 6.6 = 392.106

hammer shot: 45.7 * 8.4 = 383.88

Note: I could format better but I suck.

Note 2: The game uses rounding checkpoints throughout the damage formula so the damage here may be off a point or two.

Due to armor scaling, the Corpus become resistant to electrical damage at the high levels.

Second, Bane of X is faction-specific compared to Hammer Shot, and the slight damage boost is probably not worth the trouble swapping mods/builds.

Due to armor scaling, the Corpus become resistant to electrical damage at the high levels.

Second, Bane of X is faction-specific compared to Hammer Shot, and the slight damage boost is probably not worth the trouble swapping mods/builds.

Like I said before only corpus crewmen/techs have armor and only on their body. Their head is unprotected so they take full damage from head shots no matter what level. The moas and osprey have no armor so they have no armor scaling.

I know bane is faction-specific hence why I mention that it was my corpus killer load-out. As for mod swapping they added 3 load-outs to weapons and warframes which I have for each faction cept void.

Like I said before only corpus crewmen/techs have armor and only on their body. Their head is unprotected so they take full damage from head shots no matter what level. The moas and osprey have no armor so they have no armor scaling.

I know bane is faction-specific hence why I mention that it was my corpus killer load-out. As for mod swapping they added 3 load-outs to weapons and warframes which I have for each faction cept void.

I'm not sure if you're serious. Take any bullet weapon without the Armor Piercing Mod, and fire at the head; no damage will be dealt.

Meh, if you insist. I never really liked faction loadouts; I prefer tactial (e.g. Offensive, Defensive, etc.) loadouts.

I'm not sure if you're serious. Take any bullet weapon without the Armor Piercing Mod, and fire at the head; no damage will be dealt.

Meh, if you insist. I never really liked faction loadouts; I prefer tactial (e.g. Offensive, Defensive, etc.) loadouts.

Full damage from non bullet damage to the head. I left out that little detail because I figured everyone knew that corpus crew have a times 0 modifier for bullet damage on their head But every other elemental does the full 2 times damage on head shots ( 4 times if electric or ap ) for corpus crew.

Edit: this is getting way off topic. The point remains that critical delay not worth the slot.

Edited by lostinrehab

Full damage from non bullet damage to the head. I left out that little detail because I figured everyone knew that corpus crew have a times 0 modifier for bullet damage on their head But every other elemental does the full 2 times damage on head shots ( 4 times if electric or ap ) for corpus crew.

Edit: this is getting way off topic. The point remains that critical delay not worth the slot.

Well, that point has already been made posts ago. We're rambling at this point.