The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Gms Allowed To Conduct Themselves In An Insulting And Dismissive Manner?

A_MALLARD_DUCK

Never heard of it... or hear anything from them not even announcements... Even Halo 4 who told you nothing, and Fable who told absolute lies, or even Hideo Kojima who lies to throw you off into lala land are bigger, more well known, and their announcements are heard far and wide... they gave tons of info not as much as DE.

The creators of payday 2 have an extremely complicated encryption process where information is scattered in multiple parts over multiple areas. They left weapon tables and skill tables unencrypted and said "Go for it" After someone managed to datamine them they incorporated the information into the game as a reward for their hard work.

They also don't need to go through PR in order post information. So whenever someone asks a question, they can immediately answer them. or if they want to keep it a secret, they can do that as well. It's really neat.

So you have the time to farm for 0.67% Chance prime pieces in the void because of FUBAR'd drop tables? 

If DE could make a drop table, with NO ERRORS, no pieces missing, no >1% chance parts, and then left the tables alone for updates to come, then I wouldn't need the dataminers anymore. But in the current system of drop tables CONSTANTLY being changed, there is no reason to even try gathering data from players for the wiki or anything of the sorts, because as soon as we think we get it figured out, DE will go and remove half the S#&$ from the drop table and give us credit caches instead.

That low percent chance for certain items is not unique to this game.

If they want an item to be super rare they will make it super rare.

Geez why do you all go and pester the devs when they're just trying to play/test the game. If you have a problem or concern, you should go to the forums. I would get frustrated too if I was just trying to play but constantly had players whining that the RNG drop tables aren't felating them.

Ironically, you pester them on the game, and then when they get frustrated, you come on the forums to complain about them. Skip the pestering and just come to the forums with your whines/RNG complaints

That low percent chance for certain items is not unique to this game.

If they want an item to be super rare they will make it super rare.

I'm sure making items have S#&$ty drop rates, especially in a game so heavily reliant on items for progression, is great for retaining the player base.

I mean its not like Diablo 3 with its abysmal drop rates have any trouble keeping players playing and buying future expansion packs.

Geez why do you all go and pester the devs when they're just trying to play/test the game. If you have a problem or concern, you should go to the forums. I would get frustrated too if I was just trying to play but constantly had players whining that the RNG drop tables aren't felating them.

Ironically, you pester them on the game, and then when they get frustrated, you come on the forums to complain about them. Skip the pestering and just come to the forums with your whines/RNG complaints

Please re-read post. Cheers. If devs aren't interested in constructive criticism and discussion than there's nothing that will save this game.

Why are GMs allowed to act in such a rude and dismissive fashion? 

1) I was playing on my FREE TIME, and even if I was on the clock I'm not your personal support agent to look up drop rates for you.

2) This individual REPEATEDLY asked me the same [annoying] question 4 or 5 times and did not get the hint that I was obviously ignoring it.

I feel that under the circumstances I was more polite than he deserved. I would have /ignored him outright except he was helping me test some aspects of mobile defense at the time.