Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NEW ‘Q&A’ Chat Channel + Use Guide

[DE]Danielle

9 hours ago, Kylo. said:

If they ask a better question, they will get a better answer. 

Hope this new chat system gives rankings based on more than say....answering 2,133 questions and getting a rank of "Eagle" for example.

Maybe something related to the education structure...where answers that are single words earn a rank of whatever school system has children up to age 5 but answers that are on the level of a masters thesis get a rank for whatever that type of school system is...

Noob question: Why am I Tenno?

age 5 answer: Because you are a space ninja

masters thesis answer: *explains the entire history of Warframe lore in about 30 pages, with charts, graphs, and cited references*

• Like 2

this is good and a really needed thing for the new players cuz when they come to ask questions about stuff in the region chat it just gets lost in the ocean of txts. this is not only better to ask questions but answer them as well, will come really handy to help them newbies out really looking forward to it. cheers DE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hope this new chat system gives rankings based on more than say....answering 2,133 questions and getting a rank of "Eagle" for example.

Maybe something related to the education structure...where answers that are single words earn a rank of whatever school system has children up to age 5 but answers that are on the level of a masters thesis get a rank for whatever that type of school system is...

Noob question: Why am I Tenno?

age 5 answer: Because you are a space ninja

masters thesis answer: *explains the entire history of Warframe lore in about 30 pages, with charts, graphs, and cited references*

I sign this idea.

• Like 1

Well thats sounds like my new hang out place ^.^ 

I think its really important to at least take breakfast or an early lunch every day ! Don't skip meals on the plains guys ^.^  So basicly i dont think konzu is tired of it ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

19 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

“Do you think Konzu gets tired of talking about his early lunches every day?”

Who gets tired of an early lunch? This is a ridiculous question even for region chat. Now excuse me as I go eat an early lunch.

7 hours ago, Bl4zko said:

Will there be a toggle to turn the chat on/off?

Should fully read the post. There is an opt-in so yes. Just like other the channels you can opt-out of.

19 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

which will be available as an opt-in!

Edited by Zelmen

On 2020-06-08 at 10:26 PM, Kylo. said:

If they ask a better question, they will get a better answer. 

Exactly the wrong attitude for the channel

20 hours ago, jnuh said:

if ya have to build this channel, the new player experience has failed. there was promise and a trailer for it. so what happened?

You want a 16 hour tutorial that answers every possible question in Warframe?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

You want a 16 hour tutorial that answers every possible question in Warframe?

So you are saying the tutorial didn't answer this question for you already?

😛

But to your question...adding something in game that provides more 'help' would be nice...instead of having to go off to the wiki for some of the more basic information. However, providing more 'help' means adding it in the game and that would take away from the 'new content' and its buggy state....so it is a balance...do we want more content with bugs or a better 'help' system with bugs? I vote new content with bugs because those threads are much more exciting. Having a thread complain that the lore is wrong about the Jordas Golem isn't nearly as exciting as a thread complaining about not receiving kill codes for example.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-08 at 4:00 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

“Who do you think would win in a 1v1 match: Tyl Regor or Alad V?”

Totally an unfair premise. To think that Alad V would go into battle without his beloved Zanuka, or that Tyl Regor would not employ his tubemen in a fight? Preposterous!

That said, I think Tyl Regor would win. Alad V has the tech, but Regor isn't stupid, and is much less likely to fall for any of Alad's traps. That, and Alad's strength seems to lie entirely in currencies: Cash and Favors.

• Like 2

This is a good and much needed platform for newer players. Warframe has pretty steep learning curve and it will help to have some assistance from more experienced players.

I am, however, a bit worried that this will end up like the trade chat -channel, because all new players are directed here by default. Everything is mashed up and spammed together. Lately (while waiting for deadlock protocol) I have been spending time and assisting newer players via the region chat and tbf distinguishing a question and answer from a wall of white text is somewhat hard, so I'd suggest that the helping/experienced tenno might be given a different text colour or a directed @ message would give an answer to the chat and in addition a pm which could be viewed without needing to chase after the rolling chat.

I hope you will take this to consideration. 

how about a separate riven trade chat........... then normal trade chat will be super decluttered and people can find other things rather than being bombasted with rivens, lose hope and go to warframe.market

• Like 4