Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NEW ‘Q&A’ Chat Channel + Use Guide

[DE]Danielle

16 hours ago, --Q--Nagling said:

This is a good and much needed platform for newer players. Warframe has pretty steep learning curve and it will help to have some assistance from more experienced players.

I am, however, a bit worried that this will end up like the trade chat -channel, because all new players are directed here by default. Everything is mashed up and spammed together. Lately (while waiting for deadlock protocol) I have been spending time and assisting newer players via the region chat and tbf distinguishing a question and answer from a wall of white text is somewhat hard, so I'd suggest that the helping/experienced tenno might be given a different text colour or a directed @ message would give an answer to the chat and in addition a pm which could be viewed without needing to chase after the rolling chat.

I hope you will take this to consideration. 

Bad idea, some ppl will get powerhungry and dellusional thinking they are actually important (they are not, everyone who knows how to google or look things up on wiki knows for the majority an answer to all questions in that chat) and demanding respect and becoming toxic in return.

If that happens I will most likely block everyone with those colours personally and gladly with no regret.

Edited by Adeptguy
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-10 at 7:55 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

Alad's strength seems to lie entirely in currencies: Cash and Favors.

Not really. His deal-making and negotiation skills seem ropey at best.

Spoiler

As I understand it, when he was a member of the Corpus Board, Alad's contempt for the Grineer led him to bodge negotiations so badly that the Corpus were forced to expend manpower and resources fighting an unprofitable defensive war which ultimately failed, losing them control of Mars. As a result, Alad was kicked off the Corpus Board, with massive debts accrued.

And while attempting to rebuild his operations, he got suckered into making a deal which put him under the thumb of the Sentients. Oops.

As for intrigue... well, subverting Warden Gharn to use the prisoners of Saturn Six as guinea-pigs wasn't a bad idea. But after the Wolf's escape, Alad's attempt to make him a pawn was a signal failure: Wolf gained Sentient-tech upgrades, but broke the control, and was even able to co-opt Alad's Amalgam minions and turn them against him.

Alad's strength is his pre-eminent expertise in science, especially cybernetics.

The Grineer have such an overwhelming numerical advantage that combat-viable robotic proxies are indispensible for the Corpus as a whole to operate. While Alad was the undisputed leader in the field, he was indispensible to Corpus profitability. If the Zanuka project had come to fruition in the shape of amss production, that position would have been re-established... but that didn't work out.

For the putative Regor vs V faceoff, though, one Zanuka might just be enough.

On 2020-06-10 at 7:55 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

I think Tyl Regor would win. Alad V has the tech, but Regor isn't stupid, and is much less likely to fall for any of Alad's traps.

I'd say it's a lot less clear-cut.

Alad can't be finished off while Zanuka is still functional, but Zanuka's shields are practically unbreakable until Alad's shield is down.

Opening moves: Tyl Regor appears brandishing his Ack & Brunt, and advances on Alad V, confidently expecting to smush this quivering jellyfish. Alad wails and... uses his blinding pulse, rendering Regor helpless and exposed to Zanuka's missiles and raking claws.

Recovering from the blind, the battered Regor -- as per his usual modus operandi -- teleports out of the fray, and sends in his Manics to soften up this unexpectedly fearsome foe.

From here on in, it's really anybody's fight.

The Manics have cloaking, but Zanuka has a Dispel-bomb to counter that, as well as a frosty-bomb to counter their mobility.

Zanuka has guided missiles, but Tyl and his Manics can teleport to break the lock-on.

Closing to melee range on Alad invites a Flame pulse and a blinding, but the Manic Bombard uses a Gorgon and throws cluster-bombs. Tyl can fire his Knux for a ranged attack too, although it's telegraphed and slow; Alad might be able to dodge it.

I reckon if Tyl's team play their cards right and attack the right target with the right unit at the right time, they could carry it. But do the Manics have the discipline -- or even intelligence -- to follow a strategy?

If their attack is not well co-ordinated, Alad and Zanuka would likely run rings around them.

Either way, it's definitely a fight I'd like to witness. 😃

Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread, but I'm wondering if the Q&A chat has any moderation? I've seen a number of unrelated discussions crowd out actual questions, as well as a few random people baiting the kickbot.

It's good to see it's becoming active and I see a number of helpful players, which is great! But I'd rather it not become Region chat 2.0.

I don't know if it would help, but some chats have anti-spam features that only let you post once every fifteen second. If nothing else, it helps cut down on the clutter.

• Like 2

A week later: Q&A Channel on PC

It has been little over two weeks since the Q&A Chat Channel launched on PC with Deadlock Protocol and we’re honestly ecstatic to see players jump into this new community resource and get the answers they seek to their Warframe questions. 

We have been monitoring the channel alongside the professional mod team overseeing and moderating where necessary. The first 24 hours after its launch was a bit chaotic, but that was to be expected as players adjusted to and were excited about the new channel. It wasn’t long before it was being used as intended, and that has been maintained since! We’re extremely impressed with the level of knowledge sharing and helpfulness we’ve witnessed thus far - keep it up, Tenno! 

Coming Soon: Launch of Q&A Channel on Console

With the latest announcement that Deadlock Protocol build has been sent to Cert, the launch of the channel on console platforms is impending. Similarly to PC, the Use Guide will also apply to our console players who decide to use the channel and are in discussions with the same professional mod team to be present in the channel at launch. 

Thank you to all who have been participating in the channel respectfully! We look forward to bringing this to consoles with Deadlock Protocol. 

Status threads for consoles available here: 

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202831-ps4-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/
XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202832-xb1-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/
Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202833-switch-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/

• Like 6

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A week later: Q&A Channel on PC

It has been little over two weeks since the Q&A Chat Channel launched on PC with Deadlock Protocol and we’re honestly ecstatic to see players jump into this new community resource and get the answers they seek to their Warframe questions. 

We have been monitoring the channel alongside the professional mod team overseeing and moderating where necessary. The first 24 hours after its launch was a bit chaotic, but that was to be expected as players adjusted to and were excited about the new channel. It wasn’t long before it was being used as intended, and that has been maintained since! We’re extremely impressed with the level of knowledge sharing and helpfulness we’ve witnessed thus far - keep it up, Tenno! 

Coming Soon: Launch of Q&A Channel on Console

With the latest announcement that Deadlock Protocol build has been sent to Cert, the launch of the channel on console platforms is impending. Similarly to PC, the Use Guide will also apply to our console players who decide to use the channel and are in discussions with the same professional mod team to be present in the channel at launch. 

Thank you to all who have been participating in the channel respectfully! We look forward to bringing this to consoles with Deadlock Protocol. 

Status threads for consoles available here: 

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202831-ps4-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/
XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202832-xb1-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/
Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1202833-switch-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805-status-in-cert/

Thank you for adding this, so much easier to find new player to help now.

The Deadlock Protocol is live on all consoles! Which means so is the new Q&A Chat Channel. We will be monitoring the channel with the professional moderation team during the many hours of its introduction. We hope you enjoy and please use responsibly!

Update threads:

PS4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1204171-ps4-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805/
XB1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1204164-xb1-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805/
Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1204166-switch-the-deadlock-protocol-update-2805/

• Like 2

To be honest I hope DE will take note of the most frequently asked questions and use it to fill the in game codes with explanations for them.

Most on the questions could be easily answered by a google search. Only those basic answers should be easily found in game without leaving for internet trawling or having to read the fan made wiki.

I battled solo for quite a while. I talked with Darvo, Maroo and Teshin to help my fragmented memory and retrain my mind. The Lotus is a poor excuse for a guide.

Spoiler

She's intentionally obtuse because she's not even your mother. You killed her a long time ago on the Zariman Ten Zero. Your surrogate mother was Margulis and she died to save you. Lotus is a sentient impostor reprogrammed by Ballas, the last of the Golden Lords. Don't be fooled by her; Lotus is the enemy.

Those first hundred missions are a bit hazy for me but it took around 6 to 8 weeks before I started roaming the star system with others. I wanted to focus on stealth, train my new huras kubrow, Tamotsu, then get back into the reflexive tactic of aiming for the enemy's forehead. I woke up after two centuries of cryogenic sleep, just like the rest of you. During the Old War, they called me " Moretsu Tenjo-kai "; loosely translated to Heavenly Fury from Japanese. I became the Stardust Rebel after I met Little Duck and took down Nef Anyo's Profit Taker. Things are different now, so a different name made sense to me. 

The concept of talking to other starchildren in a dedicated assistance feed is a nice idea; I didn't have that. The great Eidolon was already walking when I returned to the world. But if you rely on this heavily when you're still brushing the cryotic dust off your frame, you'll be weaker for it. Take some time and put your warframe to the test of battle. 

War is a lifetime scholarship; the enemy, no finer teacher.  - Cephalon Cy