Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno -

If you’ve been plugged into the community discourse since the self damage changes, you’ll have seen a lot of discussions about the Kuva Bramma. 

What makes this formerly self-damaging weapon so much more dominant than the others?

It has quickly taken the place at the top of the usage charts - which is where it should be given its acquisition - but the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

We are changing it so that:

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

We will be monitoring feedback after these changes go live to ensure we’ve struck a better balance of having a powerful weapon - but not one that overshadows everything else in the game to the detriment of your squadmates.

You will see these changes in Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol, and we can discuss feedback once they are in your hands.

Until then, Tenno! 

And the cycle continues, until nothing is fun. Thank you the fun police in the community. I don't even use it, but now you've made sure that I won't. And I rarely saw that weapon in game. And you know what? If I entered a PUBLIC match, and someone was using something I don't like, I have the ability to back out of the match. I don't go and complain about it online, to take someone's fun away.

So, if we want to talk about overpowered, when are we gonna get the hate train going on the Sheev? Since the melee changes, LITERALLY EVERY MELEE WEAPON is more than viable. The Machete? Come on everyone, there are people having fun out there in game, and you know we can't have that!

1 minute ago, (PS4)WretchedMoon said:

And the cycle continues, until nothing is fun. Thank you the fun police in the community. I don't even use it, but now you've made sure that I won't.

The weapon actively hurt players being able to play. Was overpowered to a serious degree, and hurt the market adding another overpriced riven to the mix

Please go back to using other OP weapons lol

EDIT:

Likewise the weapon didn't get damage nerf or anything. The ammo change was pointless and easy to bypass. Multishot can handle the other nerf lol

Thank you for addressing the huge power spike that is the Bramma!

However, this doesn't change one important thing in regards to new player experience: Kuva Liches are accessed WAY too early in the game. As soon as you finish TWW, you can access it, which is as early as MR5. I've seen SO MANY low MR players that barely have 30 hours in the game, who probably got carried and bombrushed through the map to get to Sedna Junction, and then only focused on gaining Kuva weapons. They're running in lvl 100 Kuva lich missions with MK1 weapons, Taxion and a Kuva Bramma.

This huge power spike, even after Bramma nerf, will not change.

You need to address this by putting a much higher lock on Kuva Lich access, maybe tied to MR15 or something, because this is quite ridiculous. Note that MR on Kuva weapons does nothing, because they come prebuilt in the foundry which will ignore MR requirements.

Again: its a PvE game... cant understand why we need so balance changes. Bramma is good how it is, yes it does tons of dmg and now? I saw other weapons that u can brake with riven so hard, the bramma is a joke to this but there comes 0 changes.
First the nerf with the Zenistar that no one plays now cause its annoying, now the bramma, whats next? rly, its just stupid...

Now i wait for the Shildeg nerf...

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere

Self damage used to take care of that just fine and encourage more skillful gameplay. Now we'll have to nerf things around a bad decision.

Just now, Casardis said:

Thank you for addressing the huge power spike that is the Bramma!

However, this doesn't change one important thing in regards to new player experience: Kuva Liches are accessed WAY too early in the game. As soon as you finish TWW, you can access it, which is as early as MR5. I've seen SO MANY low MR players that barely have 30 hours in the game, who probably got carried and bombrushed through the map to get to Sedna Junction, and then only focused on gaining Kuva weapons. They're running in lvl 100 Kuva lich missions with MK1 weapons, Taxion and a Kuva Bramma.

This huge power spike, even after Bramma nerf, will not change.

You need to address this by putting a much higher lock on Kuva Lich access, maybe tied to MR15 or something, because this is quite ridiculous. Note that MR on Kuva weapons does nothing, because they come prebuilt in the foundry which will ignore MR requirements.

We are doing a comprehensive review of this issue that players are raising to see what the next steps are. 

Looks like I'm going to need to get the weapon quickly before it arrives on Switch (so that I can experience the power right now). After that, I don't really care if it gets nerfed a bit: it's basically a Grineer Lenz to me (and I'm not too fond of the Lenz).

Could you guys try like, gradual nerf?
You have a tendency to nothing or all with your nerf.

I feel that the number of arrows reducing would be better switched to a slower bow draw. I often run out of ammo already when I only use the bramma as enemies cluster killer, while I melee the rest.

Another improvement would be to give us player a new sounds channel we can turn ip or down independently of ambient noise: weapons sounds effects.
They can be really loud when turning up the sound for sabotage caches.

Archived