Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Wow really? Didn't I already state I know what fall off means?

Fun times had by all...

I didn't see any of your previous comments, this one was enough:

14 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Reduce fall off - So people won't use it as much...the goal of this nerf

9 hours ago, Seditious_Spyke said:

why are we not allowed Nice things?

Because of frame drop rates, frame drop rates everywere! 😃

on a more serious note, the weapon is way to OP atm, making it way too widespread, any public match i go i see atleast 2 brammas in the group, althou blowing stuff up is fun ( i love my tonkor), the visual noise that creates paired with unskilled (or uncaring) players shooting the weapon on top of their squadmates makes the weapon troublesome not for just the powercreep ( wich alone might have been overlooked for the sake of fun) but for ruining the experience of other players, wich, i believe, is the most important part.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups

thats OVERKILL , change it to slow draw like 1 sec or something but 15 to 5 and less ammo pickups!! thats just overkill , you are killing the weapon and telling ppl to not use it any more 

Honestly I thought you were going to completely destroy it and make it unusable like you did to the catchmoon because at this point the catchmoon nerf is not even overkill and I don't think there is any word to describe how much you ruined this weapon...

It only does decent damage when shot at like 3 meters of the enemy and why did you reduce the range, the weapon does S#&$ damage at long distance so why nerf the range also?
Oh and there is also the change that never appeared in the notes (the projectile got like 3 times smaller) and since the projectile is not really fast it became harder to even hit the enemies and it still has this weird curve function that makes the projectile steer in the direction you are walking/running making the shots miss enemies...

Before with the big projectile it wasn't a problem but now I can't aim this thing correctly. At this point just delete it from the game, if you really think he is balanced now you are so wrong.

8 hours ago, Talinthis said:

it enriches and benefits my experience by being able to see instead of having hot pink explosions all over my screen for the entire mission, so i will cheer over it. anything with a modicum of aiming was damn near impossible with explosions every half a second since most of the bramma uses seemed to aim it at my face firing haphazardly since they had infinite arrows. i would have been fine with an option to reduce ally weapon fx or something but less clusters works well too.

The amount of screen noise is a separate issue (that I'm glad they're trying to fix though, since the explosion was affecting performances too).

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are doing a comprehensive review of this issue that players are raising to see what the next steps are. 

When dreadlock drops with protea I will be hitting MR29. In all that time I have never seen such cancer that is the low MR players with a lich that mooch off of anything that can help them. They have zero ability to do any kind of damage to the liches and REQUIRE a carry. Now, I just ignore them, down their lich for them and move on. I used to laugh when i saw people being downed by thralls cause they had a loki without invisibility or vitality on. -_- Now? I just ignore them completely and move on. If i carry them it doesn't actually help them but hey, i have my own lich to kill. 

You have this forum for the purpose of feedback. So I felt it was only proper to provide mine. 

1 hour ago, More-L said:

I am aware of those mods. But why would I waste a very valuable mod slot for something like that when I can just use secondary+melee or primary+melee which has an instant swap? I don't "need" to swap weapons from primary to secondary and vice-versa to clear nearly any content I play. But I would like to enjoy using my whole arsenal in a mission and increasing swap speed would solve that issue for me, and I'm sure many other players.

Gun to melee is instant by default, so why cant gun to gun be reasonably fast by default?

I mean its an Exilus mod.. what else do you want to put there..?
There isn't exactly many options for this slot and it gives you the stat you're asking for so it doesn't seem like a waste to me.

I doubt cluster bombs are much relevant to weapon's overwhelming use. It's initial damage that deletes entire rooms no matter where you fire.

Limiting ammo reserve would only make people resort to ammo mutation or carrier. This does not fix the weapon's performance, tho it may fix absolute dogS#&$ FPS I get when Bramma is fired, with a good and modern PC I can drop up to 50% FPS with a single shot which is terrible. R5 3600 and 1060 6GB

I do not think this will do anything to balance it out, this is not even a balance, just changes of the build. In theory it may but in practice people will still abuse it cause it's initial arrow explosion is what's terribly broken, too much damage over too much area. Less ammo means nothing if one or two shots wipe entire rooms - that's plenty of ammo to regain.

Draw time needs to be slower, falloff needs to increase or reduce it's range to at least half of the average room in the game, y'know.... This is pointless really, sorry to say that, I hope you guys got a second notch of Bramma nerfs in the store.

I am glad it's taking less than it took for Catchmoon to be like "yo, dis broken" cause it was obvious from the moment you guys announced self damage removal that all we'll see is Bramma. Honestly if self damage was returned but instead of flat damage it took away percentages of your health, like flat % of whatever you have then it could put Bramma in place. You still would not kill your self unless you really really try.

il y a 5 minutes, -Bv-Psykiik a dit :

thats OVERKILL , change it to slow draw like 1 sec or something but 15 to 5 and less ammo pickups!! thats just overkill , you are killing the weapon and telling ppl to not use it any more 

Ammo was never a problem, any ammo mutation mod can easily make it viable. Those changes are just a small nerf and we should be happy about it because when it come to overkill they are professionals.

This was needed and the changes sound decent so far, though testing will tell as always. Using the Kuva Bramma trivialized any mission I used it on; even arbitrations, ESO, and sorties. The reduced screenshake from the explosions is also welcomed.

DE, how about let's make Kuva Bramma a BFB, a Big Fxxking Bow, like the BFG-9000 from the doom series! 

I mean we are closer to that with this changes. I totally agree that Kuva Bramma should be a precise pocket nuke rather than a jumping shoot the ground spam machine.

But kuva lich hunting should be locked behind certain MR I think. Maybe you can only take the weapon after you reach certain MR?

Please, take it easy with the nerf, test it yourselves and think if it's still even worth doing a lich for it at all. I'm all open for weapon variety and usage and don't like relying on that same OP weapon, but if you want to make a weapon not even worth playing like usually happens might aswell delete it from the game.  My opinion is that the damage nerf should be enough for now, maybe reduce the ammo from 15 to 10 instead of 5... But again, will want to try and see how it will feel like after this change, but knowing from past nerfs haha dont knowwww.

gXm0z82.gif

Hmm. It doesn't matter that it got nerfed and any other usually fun weapon gets nerfed, what matters is the whole point of the game which is primaries and secondaries are mostly just for show and MR,only use melee with "tank" frames.

The next update should come with the hard modes right?! what happens when if no primary/secondary has the same dmg input of a melee without having 3-5 forma and catalyst on it. 

You see rare videos on youtube of 1000lvl+ enemies in survival and only using melee and warframe abilities. What happens when reaching that certain lvl you cant use anything else rather than those two (melee and warframe abilities). you dont see them using anything else..

I have an idea, why dont you buff everything and i dont mean just the 100+ useless weapons(without forma/good mods/riven), since most of the player-base is concerned that when having a team player with weapons like bramma the rest of the players are just for show, why dont you buff the missions, buff the spawning time make it a bit harder and not just the lvls.

By the way even with these nerfs Bramma will still rein supreme in bow/explosion weapons. So guys that like explosions and mass kills will still use it.

k0nm87qqbrh5.gif

Just The Wrath Of A Tenno Passing By.

What i like in this topic:

• players thinking this will change anything and that players with bramma will stop using bramma
  • players thinking that bramma was a good weapon efficiency wise
  • players thinking that bramma was the only weapon capable of doing AOE damage
  • players and DE thinking that the players asking for a change will stay long enough in warframe to experience the change on a significant level. It's common for players asking for nerfs only to stop playing the game even after the changes, and since a 2nd bramma change will happen in the future, it's likely none of the players here will post on that topic, because they stoped playing or stopped caring.

1 hour ago, No_Quarter said:

Honestly if self damage was returned but instead of flat damage it took away percentages of your health, like flat % of whatever you have then it could put Bramma in place. You still would not kill your self unless you really really try.

I said the exact same thing in our clan Discord, I miss self damage, I miss having to look where im aiming, concentrate on not nuking myself along with the enemies im slaughtering. That said I also miss the kill on parazon fail, id like to see it returned at a 10% or 5% chance to kill

This thread displays everything wrong with the game.

Listed changes can hardly be called "nerfs". An ammo mutation mod was already mandatory, so the reduced reserves hardly change anything. Less cluster bombs, but with bigger AoE as well as less fall off is a zero sum game.

Why are we even holding this conversation again, DE? Arkennstar already brillianlty described this vicious cycle:

11 hours ago, Arkennstar said:

So this is the Catchmoon fiasco all over again...

I just need to ask.. how does this happen again and again. Weapon is released so blatantly powerful that everyone and their mother is using it. Usage statistics spike. Weapon is nerfed to the ground (Bramma is still not nerfed enough in my opinion, but we'll see). All the people who invested time and resources into these obviously broken weapons are disappointed.

How hard is it to see at the conception of a weapon that it is so stupidly overpowered and easy to use that it will no doubt end up in this situation? A weapon that does more damage than snipers, is massively AoE, has absolutely no drawbacks.. Isnt it time to look at weapon balance at release instead of a few months after? I mean it doesnt take a clairvoyant to see if a weapon is going to be so over the top that it makes every other weapon obsolete. 

Yet, every Kuva Dramma main came here to complain, displaying inability to read and process information; or showing complete lack of cemprehension with lines like "no fun allowed" or "who needs balance in a PVE game".

Well i am conflicted, one one hand the nerf was incoming. I really hope that this helps "fix the problem" of the bomblets just being a huge waste of damage as they seldom hit anything except in tight corridors and are more a liability to stagger the player. Ammo max, it hurts but there is always ammo mutation so there. Will wait and see.

Archived