Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

All that was needed for Bramma was a max riven nerf and some sort of anti-multishot mechanic.

Starting the disposition for new weapons at the mid point in a system meant to increase "too low damage" weapons is seriously dumb (as in "makes no sense"). New weapons should start at 0.5, with increases as needed (if needed).

One arrow with the original amount of bomblets (never could figure out if there was 6 or 7 of them) was not "too much", even if the killing potential of Bramma is high even so. What made Bramma toxic to some was mostly multishot + removing self-damage + Heavy Caliber, allowing players to spam-fire any small/medium indoor location killing everything and blinding all team mates in the process.

The elegant solution that would have let Bramma keep it's soul intact would have been having multishot mods affect only the amount of bomblets (and not the amount of arrows, keeping Bramma at a forced single arrow) and increasing reload time (2 s.). That would have underscored what Bramma actually is, a bow-based bomblet delivery system. And increasing reload time would have been quite logical, considering how massive the arrow is.

Aahhhh, the time honored tradition of taking a popular weapon and nerfing it into obscurity. 🙄

Surely you (DE) learnt something from bringing the majority of melee weapons up in effectiveness and therefore popularity (look how many previously unpopular melee weapons have become great and are being used now)...rather than simply nerfing the statistical anomaly so that it's as bland and relatively ineffective as everything else in it's class.

What do you think made the Bramma is so popular in the first place?? 🤨

P.S. If nothing else it will ensure that I never bother with Liches again. I had only just finished grinding 7 liches to get my Bramma up to near max and was moving on to the next waepon...what's the point when you'll only repeat the process with whatever becomes popular next...

2 minutes ago, RIC_EDC said:

Aahhhh, the time honored tradition of taking a popular weapon and nerfing it into obscurity. 🙄

Surely you (DE) learnt something from bringing the majority of melee weapons up in effectiveness and therefore popularity (look how many previously unpopular melee weapons have become great and are being used now)...rather than simply nerfing the statistical anomaly so that it's as bland and relatively ineffective as everything else in it's class.

What do you think made the Bramma is so popular in the first place?? 🤨

P.S. If nothing else it will ensure that I never bother with Liches again. I had only just finished grinding 7 liches to get my Bramma up to near max and was moving on to the next waepon...what's the point when you'll only repeat the process with whatever becomes popular next...

Bingo! DE be proud of your weapon, it is currently amazing people both love and hate it thus a hit. Would you rather it be something no one ever talked about. I like my hate weapon/warframe filter idea, if you use it and you don't find matches thats on you for hating to many weapons.

The only complaint I have is the 15 to 5 magazine change is a little harsh, given the already sparse ammo issues for bows in general. Otherwise, I'm okay with them dinging the Bramma, as it has been an obnoxious overbearing in a lot of public games. There's efficiency, and then there's just mass spamming the map.

The average emission effect from most Bramma users also is generally blinding, especially when trying to navigate through corridors. They need to address the particle effects, as ye gods, the eyes are bleeding after an Arbitration when 2 or more folks are running around blasting everything.

Good day to all forum users and developers. I want to tell why I have been playing warframe for 2 years, I like everything and quests and farm and the ranking system. Since I play for the high-end content: arbitration, Leach Kuva, railjack and more. So, for me, the extraction of Kuva and Kuva Weapons is the basis of the game of warframe, I really like this system very little where you can meet this. So today they are encroaching on my time that I spent for the sake of Kuva guns and other things. I do not like it. I spent a lot of time and effort on the extraction and subsequent improvement of these weapons (forms of fault modes and so on) it takes a lot of My personal time. I am categorically against some kind of nerf or Kuwa balance of weapons, otherwise the attractiveness of the content for me in Warframe will not be complete. Sorry for my English, I am a Russian player, and I can’t answer quite accurately only Google translite (((This is bad news for me and my time spent.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)MonStream00 said:

I like my hate weapon/warframe filter idea, if you use it and you don't find matches thats on you for hating to many weapons.

That would be amazing. There is some threads about it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ShadowJuice69 said:

My only question is when is the Saryn nerf then?

I hope never I hope they have a filter so you can just block the frames and weapons you don't want. You could even warn the joining player Saryn is not welcome, please change warframes in the next 40 seconds or you will be removed form the queue.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

snip~

considering how long catchmoon was left unchanged this is actually quite the fast change so thanks~

i dont want to be THAT guy right here, BUT for quite some time strong, new weapons have caused quite the hype in terms of the riven and now also kuva weapon market. new weapons need to be stronger or have something that sets them apart from others, of course, but some weapons seem so overpowered from the getgo and others way too weak or get an interesting interaction fixed that maybe its better to not overdo the powercreeping as much as it was the case with catchmoon and now bramma and instead buff the weapons if u see them not being where u want them to be. that would solve the nerf-mentality and also be better for people who got a riven and will soon see the dispo drop after the weapon got nerfed.

a slight dispo change and small buff to a weapon that was a bit underperforming is much better than a nerf to both.

also: cyanex is bad right now but received 2 dispo nerfs. for priming its power ddidnt even matter so even here its a big ? concerning the dispo nerfs. even akarius as a better cyanex is not more than average. please consider helping these out. ofc i dont know if a prime is planned for akarius and im pretty sure cyanex couldnt receive one cause its not a tenno weapon, but some weapons struggle even with a g-roll riven. they both are pretty new so please consider a review for both the weapons and the riven dispo.

also remember/consider please that the homing projectiles are more of a downside than an advantage since they seek out the bodies, not heads specifically. headshots are important but these weapons cant really make any use of it aside of accidents or cyanex even worse alt fire. on top of that akarius is a roket launcher basically so the homing rokets dont make a lot of sense anyway since it has AoE and aiming is pretty much as rough as it gets.

please consider a change here or at least consider this in terms of the weapons stats and dispo. its really more of a disadvantage than an advantage, especially on akarius but also on cyanex.

ALL these bramma main player who cry did i have to say how much weapon there is in the game not happy play something else it s not like if there is only 3 defferent weapon -_-

yelling yelling again and again everytime something change even in a good way you all cry how old are you it s only a game dude you all need to chill XD they nerfed the kripath riven so what i need to hit ennemy more i won t complain ^^ it s better i guess DE need to nerf more the bramma it s not interesting aside use white or green energy for kill other player eyes.... so me i say thanks DE and if you can nerf it more i won t complain it s a useless weapon for me :3

13 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

the solution is comeing as a blueprint and then costing next to nothing with a 1 min build time (similar to how umbra worked) that or place the MR check on the larvling.  

This would be one thing, yes. I still think MR lock for Liches should be MR15, rather than "finish TWW". Players are already overwhelmed with content and DE's constant want to let new players access the new shiny content is hurting the progression. I don't think MR5 should be in liches missions from the get go (which can go up to lvl 100+), similar to how they're locked out of Arbitration unless they finish the star chart.

So they've announced that they're nerfing the Bramma.. Again.. The AOE changes were bad but it didn't make the Bramma useless, still I don't see why D.E seems to dislike it. From their tone in streams when talking about it you can infer some amount of dislike for the Bramma at the very least. Now while I can understand that it is a bit much with the particles/explosions, Ember and Vauban have even more blinding abilities yet I haven't seen anyone really complain about that. Being spammed by those abilities turns my screen into chaos more times than any mission I've been on when there's more than one AOE weapon/Bramma. I do understand wanting to make players diversify their loadouts and not use one OP weapon all the time but at the same time most of our weapons are complete trash in terms of dps regardless of how we mod them, purely MR fodder. I don't blame a majority of players for latching onto one that makes killing even more efficient ergo a smoother/faster mission. Even before the Bramma I'd see about 4-8 weapon types being used over and over, unless it's MR fodder grinding I've rarely seen or had no reason to use at least 85% of all weapons I've built thus far. Again I do understand why they may feel like it should be nerfed since it's an online game but like with the Arca Plasmor changes it wasn't just that, it ended up being a completely different weapon which makes me paranoid anytime D.E says "nerf".

So in conclusion, I don't support nerfing in general but even more so when it changes a weapon beyond recognition, especially so in a  PvE game. Plus the Bramma can't even be used in Conclave, the Arca there too was almost useless even before the nerf. Please, stop nerfing and instead make even better OP weapons. Create new metas by releasing a selection of equally amazing weapons. Or maybe just buff all those MR fodder weapons no one uses? There's many of them that're fun to use but their dps restricts me from ever using them in high level content. 

13 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

So they've announced that they're nerfing the Bramma

Source? I didnt see any post about it prior to going to sleep last night, and they are not streaming this week so.. when/who said its being nerfed

Would you also like all enemies to drop dead by looking at them?

So instead of 1 OP weapon you want all weapons OP?  This is how you kill a game.  And then you'll complain that the enemies are too easy, buff the enemies.  Then you'll complain the enemies are too tough, buff the weapons...and so on and so forth, do you see your insanity yet?    

Nerf before Buff, always.  

17 hours ago, (PS4)WretchedMoon said:

And the cycle continues, until nothing is fun. Thank you the fun police in the community. I don't even use it, but now you've made sure that I won't. And I rarely saw that weapon in game. And you know what? If I entered a PUBLIC match, and someone was using something I don't like, I have the ability to back out of the match. I don't go and complain about it online, to take someone's fun away.

So, if we want to talk about overpowered, when are we gonna get the hate train going on the Sheev? Since the melee changes, LITERALLY EVERY MELEE WEAPON is more than viable. The Machete? Come on everyone, there are people having fun out there in game, and you know we can't have that!

a prime example of the salty part of the community that takes one minor issue and makes it out to be the end of the world

The pro to self damage initially was to encourage skillful play however, its initial implementation was not good because friendly targets could easily get in the way cause the explosion to kill you when you did not intend to hit that player. In addition, the multishot procs depending on accuracy could randomly fire off to the side and kill you. I believe if self damage was still in game the the two former mentions would need to be removed. Also, the self damage inflicted should not exceed 90% of the players max health on first impact.

A replacement for self damage that would encourage skillful play for high damage potential when it comes to explosives could work like this. How about if the player inflicts self damage while dealing damage to enemy's, the damage dealt to enemies hit is reduced as a penalty of causing self damage? So players would be encouraged to land good shots to do maximum damage however, if they do not and cause self damage the damage dealt to player would not exceed a % of max health and the damage dealt to enemies would be significanly reduced as a penalty.

20 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

The AOE changes were bad but it didn't make the Bramma useless, still I don't see why D.E seems to dislike it.

20 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

I can understand that it is a bit much with the particles/explosions, Ember and Vauban have even more blinding abilities yet I haven't seen anyone really complain about that.

Both of your statements were addressed by Reb:

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

In other words, it's so broken stupid powerful that it's overshadowing everything else by such a wide margin that it's not even a contest. By the same token you don't see Ember and Vauban played to such a degree.

Just now, (XB1)Calliber said:

Would you also like all enemies to drop dead by looking at them?

So instead of 1 OP weapon you want all weapons OP?  This is how you kill a game.  And then you'll complain that the enemies are too easy, buff the enemies.  Then you'll complain the enemies are too tough, buff the weapons...and so on and so forth, do you see your insanity yet?    

Nerf over Buff, always.  

The Ignis Wraith/Amprex/Phantasma already kills everything I look at mate. It ain't insanity wanting to have some fun. Nothing kills my buzz more than having to empty tons of clips into a Nox, just breaks the flow/speed for me.

27 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

I don't see why D.E seems to dislike it

I'm not sure it's DE. There's been a lot of feedback from players suspecting/expecting/hoping for/ straight-up asking for a Bramma nerf.

while I can understand that it is a bit much with the particles/explosions, Ember and Vauban have even more blinding abilities yet I haven't seen anyone really complain about that

And there may come a time when that happens. But whataboutism won't protect this weapon.

I do understand wanting to make players diversify their loadouts and not use one OP weapon all the time but at the same time most of our weapons are complete trash in terms of dps

There will be more popular and more powerful weapons than others. Diversifying loadouts will never mean every weapon is used more-or-less equally. The point of a rebalance here is to expand the Primary meta from its current pool of... one weapon.

like with the Arca Plasmor changes it wasn't just that, it ended up being a completely different weapon

The Arca Plasmor is (or was before the Bramma) still pretty popular. It just had the unfair advantage previously of being area-hitting plus a better headshot machine than weapons whose only strength were headshots, beating those weapons completely out of relevance.

Please, stop nerfing and instead make even better OP weapons. Create new metas by releasing a selection of equally amazing weapons.

I like your spirit, but that's powercreep. Release enough weapons on par with the Bramma and the game becomes too idol idle and effortless, and then to bring back action the devs need to buff up the enemies significantly. Then everything except the originally-OP weapon was buffed, and in effect it's the same as a nerf to that weapon, just without the psychological feelsbad of seeing smaller numbers.

I think it is a good decision.

One part of the community wants OP equipment, while others are disappointed that the game is too easy. Sometimes it may even be the same players thinking both.

Now put 2 and 2 together. Maybe the game is too easy because some equipment is OP? Where is the difference between increasing enemy levels and nerving weapons?

It all boils down to not having one single viable setup nuke everything into the ground while everything else is not wanted anymore. This game for me always has been about flexibility. Having one weapon stand out as much as the Kuva Spamma did ensure that everything else was more or less obsolete. That cannot be the aim.

From my PoV the changes are still quite mild. Some other stuff may still need buffs to compete (but then noone does Kuva Liches anymore and it becomes even more a dead end).

The only thing that puzzles me is how DE could not see this coming in advance. But that is something I find myself puzzled by quite often lately.

Archived