Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

Thank for the link, thats not even a nerf, its a "we want to totally remove the weapon, but this is what we have settled on" Funny the nerf is dropped at the same time they are adding new weapons to the game, buy buy buy Tenno we just took your old toy away.

Just now, StormWolf1337 said:

The Ignis Wraith/Amprex/Phantasma already kills everything I look at mate. It ain't insanity wanting to have some fun. Nothing kills my buzz more than having to empty tons of clips into a Nox, just breaks the flow/speed for me.

Ha, If you're doing that to a Nox then you're playing the game wrong.  

No, the insanity is asking for everything to be buffed to the level of the OP weapon, at which point a new OP weapon will emerge, they'll say nerf, you'll cry "but make other weapons better" and cycle repeats.  You want a click-dead game go play Diablo 3, the "buff" only mentality completely wrecked that game.

2 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm not sure it's DE. There's been a lot of feedback from players suspecting/expecting/hoping for/ straight-up asking for a Bramma nerf.

Yup. With catchmoon being how it was (and for how long it was on that throne) it was only a matter of time. Happy it happened sooner rather than later.  

6 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Thank for the link, thats not even a nerf, its a "we want to totally remove the weapon, but this is what we have settled on" Funny the nerf is dropped at the same time they are adding new weapons to the game, buy buy buy Tenno we just took your old toy away.

The new weapons won't compete even with the nerfed Bramma:

1) All new weapons will drop with 0.5 disposition (Lowest) from day one as they announced yesterday.

2) KB is an MR15 weapon. Damage brackets based on the February 2018's damage pass tying overall damage to MR level have been pretty consistent, so unless the new weapons are MR15 they won't compete with the Bramma.

No need to be cynical by implying this is being done to push sales for the new weapons.

Just now, (XB1)Calliber said:

No, the insanity is asking for everything to be buffed to the level of the OP weapon, at which point a new OP weapon will emerge, they'll say nerf, you'll cry "but make other weapons better" and cycle repeats.  You want a click-dead game go play Diablo 3, the "buff" only mentality completely wrecked that game.

With a MR fodder weapon you aren't taking down any Heavies/Nox's in a hit or two dude, with a melee yes, primary/secondary not so much so. I'm not saying to make everything OP/point and they're dead but make it a more even line across what can be usable for sorties with physical enhancement or arbitrations. That, to me, would make more weapons more popular too and not lead to any one taking the top spot.

2 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

With a MR fodder weapon you aren't taking down any Heavies/Nox's in a hit or two dude

You're not supposed to. Weapon damage class is tied to its MR rank. If you're comparing the damage of an MR2 weapon to an MR14 weapon you're doing it wrong.

How?

How, exactly, do you keep making 'better' weapons? How do you create new metas? Because, and here's the thing, the player's toolkit is only as good as the content you use it on. And since we've gotten power-creeped to the point where explosive weapons, AoE nuking and, to a lesser extent, CC spam treat every single enemy as disposable and non-threatening as each other and as we have abilities and weapons with basically no drawbacks for the game devs to exploit to make interesting encounters or even offer alternate playstyles, there's no other niches for weapons to actually fill.

And, let's be real here, there's only so many ways to make a weapon that deletes everything in front of you indiscriminately with no drawbacks to the player. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

You're not supposed to. Weapon damage class is tied to its MR rank.

I know, it was in reference to the below line.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)LegionOfZoom1410 said:

Plus after reading it over and over again there clearly increasing the damage because there will be lass Cluster Bombs so the weapon will still be at full strength damage wise if not actually better.. so the 1122 total damage will likely be higher + the Damege Falloff is improved making it even stronger 

The other changes will actually offset the higher damage while still making it end game tier as it should be...

So it's a should still be a win win! Which will be cool!

I'm fairly certain that this is an incorrect assumption to make, the cluster isn't a "this damage divided by the amount of bomblets" it's "a bomblet does this much damage and there are this many bomblets". Each bomblet is almost certainly still going to have a base damage of 187, it's just that they aren't as affected by fall-off and their explosion radius' increased (in other words, the Cluster Bombs total damage will be dropped down to 561 at base). There will most certainly be a noticeable damage loss, but it'll still be the best explosive weapon in the game.

7 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

With a MR fodder weapon you aren't taking down any Heavies/Nox's in a hit or two dude, with a melee yes, primary/secondary not so much so. I'm not saying to make everything OP/point and they're dead but make it a more even line across what can be usable for sorties with physical enhancement or arbitrations. That, to me, would make more weapons more popular too and not lead to any one taking the top spot.

....all weapons are sortie viable with the armor/HP changes that took place, even with enhancements, and the enhancements are SUPPOSED to make it more difficult. I'd even say that at least 80% of weapons are Arbitration viable as well (I say 80% cause I've fully ranked around that amount).  The weapon doesn't matter, it's how you mod them that makes them viable for those tasks.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Why does she need a nerf?

I kown how that qeastion sounds, but I am generally wondering, cuz I never seen a Saryn in a very long time 

Saryn's abilities absolutely dominate in ESO, particularly for reaching higher ranks. I see them all the time.

Just now, Loza03 said:

How?

How, exactly, do you keep making 'better' weapons? How do you create new metas? Because, and here's the thing, the player's toolkit is only as good as the content you use it on. And since we've gotten power-creeped to the point where explosive weapons, AoE nuking and, to a lesser extent, CC spam treat every single enemy as disposable and non-threatening as each other and as we have abilities and weapons with basically no drawbacks for the game devs to exploit to make interesting encounters or even offer alternate playstyles, there's no other niches for weapons to actually fill.

And, let's be real here, there's only so many ways to make a weapon that deletes everything in front of you indiscriminately with no drawbacks to the player. 

By going a bit crazier with the weapon types/projectiles maybe, Borderlands would be good inspiration. Many weapons in WF are bullet based which I found weird at first since it's sci-fi. I usually expect beam weapons or so to make an impression with the lighting. When there's no niches it becomes mainly fun factor, again, like with Borderlands there's so many combinations of projectiles/effects that you forget about dps and just go for what gives ya the best kick at the time.

6 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

I know, it was in reference to the below line.

The context of his comment indicates an expectation of having weaker weapons compete with stronger weapons instead of moving on from the weaker weapons and graduating to the stronger weapons. The "Mastery fodder" argument doesn't work in the context of the power bracket it belongs to and lower brackets unless said weapon is still too weak in the context of other weapons of the same MR rank or lower. The Stug is the only outlier I can think of. That weapon should be MR1 instead of MR2.

14 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

The Ignis Wraith/Amprex/Phantasma already kills everything I look at mate. It ain't insanity wanting to have some fun. Nothing kills my buzz more than having to empty tons of clips into a Nox, just breaks the flow/speed for me.

There are people who played this game for so long, not for no reasons. If these weapons are that great, there will be so called META named for them. The weapon capabilities ties with it damage output scaling with enemies level. If you do what you had said with these weapons, then you did not play long enough, most probably or maybe you are the first to unlock their full potential.  

Just now, (XB1)Calliber said:

....all weapons are sortie viable with the armor/HP changes that took place, even with enhancements, and the enhancements are SUPPOSED to make it more difficult. I'd even say that at least 80% of weapons are Arbitration viable as well (I say 80% cause I've fully ranked around that amount).  The weapon doesn't matter, it's how you mod them.

So you're saying an MK-1 Braton/Paris would be a viable replacement for a Bramma/Rubico/Dread/Baza Prime/Kuva Drakgoon? Seems like a far fetch mate.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Colossal_PR said:

DE's workflow... 

90% Nerfing stuff 

5% Fashion 

5% %Content"

New quest + new warframe + new weapons + new tileset = 5%

One weapon being nerfed = 90%

Sure.

5 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Funny the nerf is dropped at the same time they are adding new weapons to the game, buy buy buy Tenno we just took your old toy away.

DE has overnerfed things in the past. But there's a huge bandwagon of people who are so binary in their thoughts about balance (it's the most OP thing around or it's utter worthless trash, no in between), I believe DE wouldn't even have to nerf the thing to see its usage drop. They'd just have to say they nerfed the Bramma, and a bunch of players would drop the weapon and say it's worst thing ever.

Just now, Aoennor said:

There are people who played this game for so long, not for no reasons. If these weapons are that great, there will be so called META named for them. The weapon capabilities ties with it damage output scaling with enemies level. If you do what you had said with these weapons, then you did not play long enough, most probably or maybe you are the first to unlock their full potential.  

Granted I have rivens on those weapons but even without they're still pretty solid. A 3 forma Ignis will kill nearly anything.

Archived