Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

37 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

So in conclusion, I don't support nerfing in general ...

But you play GaaS games, so you are supporting nerfing from the get-go by playing(paying), as all GaaS games tweak numbers.

Really, if you "don't support nerfing in general", then how can you justify playing these games?

By doing so, you are directly supporting that which you claim not to...

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It has quickly taken the place at the top of the usage charts - which is where it should be given its acquisition - but the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

Instead of nerfing Bramma, you may try to restor the full glory of past "meta" weapons like Simulor, Tonkor, Plasmor, Catchmoon, Telos Boltace,... or even Warframe, like Ember, Banshee, Ash,... You'll break the overuse of Bramma but make alot of players happy instead of making them angry.

Just now, akrid45 said:

why buffing everything to same level of OP is a extremely bad idea should be pretty obvious but i guess not 

I meant to make it a more even line across what's usable in high level content but even when is everything became OP, like with many other games, fun factor would probably be the deciding bit. 

4 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

So you're saying an MK-1 Braton/Paris would be a viable replacement for a Bramma/Rubico/Dread/Baza Prime/Kuva Drakgoon? Seems like a far fetch mate.

For sortie and arby, yes (may not be as efficient granted).  Requires more forma and modding that those other weapons but they are viable.  I really hope those players pop in on this because there are people utilizing them.  But with Bramma, it does it in a way that is an outlier from the weapon pool and requires very little effort to do so, it's at the top end of a bell curve, you want everything as close to the center as possible, Bramma needs to be brought down.  Just as something that would be sitting at the bottom of a curve fully modded would need to be brought up.  You don't bring everything to the top.

4 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Saryn's abilities absolutely dominate in ESO, particularly for reaching higher ranks. I see them all the time.

and? Who cares people actually want to play the game & have fun without a crybaby ruining the experience because they don't like a certain frame .

If DE continues down this Nerframe road while making enemies insanely Overpowered I swear I will Uninstall Warframe & not play anymore.. we can't be nerfing everything because little timmy can't get kills cause he does not have the mods or doesn't know how to build to be able to keep up...

Nerfing is getting old to point Warframe is on the brink of becoming no fun anymore...

2 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

By going a bit crazier with the weapon types/projectiles maybe, Borderlands would be good inspiration. Many weapons in WF are bullet based which I found weird at first since it's sci-fi. I usually expect beam weapons or so to make an impression with the lighting. When there's no niches it becomes mainly fun factor, again, like with Borderlands there's so many combinations of projectiles/effects that you forget about dps and just go for what gives ya the best kick at the time.

Borderlands has boss fights, enemies that are more significant and that matter, at least to my understanding. I've not played it much, but I know that much - that there are niches. There are roles weapons fall into. Crowd control vs boss DPS being one.

What you're describing annihilates the purpose of vast swaths of weapon archetypes, like snipers archetypes, stealth approaches, assault rifles, shotguns, daggers, semi-autos. So anybody who's 'best kick' involves any of them might as well go home.

Just now, Zimzala said:

But you play GaaS games, so you are supporting nerfing from the get-go by playing(paying), as all GaaS games tweak numbers.

Really, if you "don't support nerfing in general", then how can you justify playing these games?

By doing so, you are directly supporting that which you claim not to...

I don't understand your logic, nerfing isn't a hill I'm willing to die on, it's simply my thoughts after watching a video about changes coming with the next update. Do you expect me to take some moral stance by not playing a game?

3 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

So you're saying an MK-1 Braton/Paris would be a viable replacement for a Bramma/Rubico/Dread/Baza Prime/Kuva Drakgoon? Seems like a far fetch mate.

Viable =/= Competitive.

If you can complete Sortie 3 using a Mk-1 Braton (and you can), then it is viable.

If you complete Sortie 3 faster or more confidently with a Rubico than you do with a Mk-1 Braton, the Rubico is competitive, while the Braton is not competitive.

3 minutes ago, MacIntoc said:

Instead of nerfing Bramma, you may try to restor the full glory of past "meta" weapons like Simulor, Tonkor, Plasmor, Catchmoon, Telos Boltace,... or even Warframe, like Ember, Banshee, Ash,... You'll break the overuse of Bramma but make alot of players happy instead of making them angry.

thank you! This will solve all the problems! But it's too much work for DE sadly.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Borderlands has boss fights, enemies that are more significant and that matter, at least to my understanding. I've not played it much, but I know that much - that there are niches. There are roles weapons fall into. Crowd control vs boss DPS being one.

What you're describing annihilates the purpose of vast swaths of weapon archetypes, like snipers archetypes, stealth approaches, assault rifles, shotguns, daggers, semi-autos. So anybody who's 'best kick' involves any of them might as well go home.

While there are niches you can practically use any weapon for any situation in Borderlands so it's not a good comparison but with the projectiles WF can take some inspiration.

Warframe: Here's a new awesome weapon!
Warframe Players: Wow!  Thanks!  This weapon is awesome! So awesome that everyone is using it!

Warframe: So, we saw that everyone was using this weapon and we didn't like it, so we're nerfing it until it's near useless!
Warframe Players: It's almost like you do this with EVERY SINGLE WEAPON that people like and use a lot...

It's nothing about balance.  You make a weapon and it's good, useful, efficient for Warframe, yes, people are going to use it more... That's how gaming works, nerfing it into the ground isn't helping anyone... A minor nerf/balance change would be nice for once...

So, now what is going to happen???  This: People are going to start using the one in 2nd place as far as it being useful, efficient, and best for how Warframe plays... That's just how it works...

Jeez, the way all you people talk, you'd think they're literally killing the weapon. Shame most of you can't seem to read, otherwise you'd know that the Bramma is still going to be an incredibly powerful weapon and that you're being overly dramatic. 

6 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Saryn's abilities absolutely dominate in ESO, particularly for reaching higher ranks. I see them all the time.

It's only because players don't know how to build stuff by themself. Saryn is not dominating in ESO, she is only the most used. But like Bramma, players believe that she is the better choice so they all use them.

6 minutes ago, MacIntoc said:

Exactly...bring the other weapons up to the same level instead of dragging it down for being popular (aka fun)...you know...like you managed to do for melee...😎

might as well rebrand the game as NerfFrame instead of Warframe as it speaks the truth about what this game has turned into.

Nerf this nerf that nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf enough already DE why not listen to your player base on more simple fixes like making the Weapon MR locked + Inatesd of Nerfing Restore the Other AOE weapons to what they once were as other said because this will help drive players to use other AOE Weapons..

This is way better then taking the easy way out of nerfing things..

Just now, Shade_Final said:

Jeez, the way all you people talk, you'd think they're literally killing the weapon. Shame most of you can't seem to read, otherwise you'd know that the Bramma is still going to be an incredibly powerful weapon and that you're being overly dramatic. 

Keep it civil dude, no baiting.

6 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

I don't understand your logic, nerfing isn't a hill I'm willing to die on, it's simply my thoughts after watching a video about changes coming with the next update. Do you expect me to take some moral stance by not playing a game?

Just trying to understand your logic.

I am being serious to a degree.

If you really, like so many, many players I have seen for the last couple of decades, think that 'nefing' is a bad thing, generally as you say, it seems kind of amazing to me that you would be able to play these kinds of games w/o going nuts. 🙂

You stated in the OP you don't support it, but then:

8 minutes ago, StormWolf1337 said:

I meant to make it a more even line across what's usable in high level content but even when is everything became OP, like with many other games, fun factor would probably be the deciding bit. 

which is just general balancing, which is always needed, and always includes 'nerfs'.

So, where I sit, you have already contridicted your own logic, just trying to figure out your point?

Balance has to happen, you admit that, yet still just want powercreep (stronger weapons) and that makes little sense to me.

I see there's a punchbowl. My my.

Severely cutting down the 'power fantasy unstoppable god' casual stomp gameplay and ruthlessly refocusing gameplay and power level to be more about 'monster ninjas in a dark space opera' would result in a better game.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Just trying to understand your logic.

I am being serious to a degree.

If you really, like so many, many players I have seen for the last couple of decades, think that 'nefing' is a bad thing, generally as you say, it seems kind of amazing to me that you would be able to play these kinds of games w/o going nuts. 🙂

You stated in the OP you don't support it, but then:

which is just general balancing, which is always needed, and always includes 'nerfs'.

So, where I sit, you have already contridicted your own logic, just trying to figure out your point?

Balance has to happen, you admit that, yet still just want powercreep (stranger weapons) and that makes little sense to me.

Because I care about a game as far as I can throw it, I play them purely for entertainment, being emotional about them would be a waste. My points may contradict but it was intentional, I understand both sides of the argument and would take neither side usually but in this case I err more towards not nerfing the Bramma. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, -ZeroStar- said:

Warframe: Here's a new awesome weapon!
Warframe Players: Wow!  Thanks!  This weapon is awesome! So awesome that everyone is using it!

Warframe: So, we saw that everyone was using this weapon and we didn't like it, so we're nerfing it until it's near useless!
Warframe Players: It's almost like you do this with EVERY SINGLE WEAPON that people like and use a lot...

It's nothing about balance.  You make a weapon and it's good, useful, efficient for Warframe, yes, people are going to use it more... That's how gaming works, nerfing it into the ground isn't helping anyone... A minor nerf/balance change would be nice for once...

So, now what is going to happen???  This: People are going to start using the one in 2nd place as far as it being useful, efficient, and best for how Warframe plays... That's just how it works...

Agreed. I honestly had high hopes that DE had realised the fault in their previous decisions after the recent positive melee changes...but it seems they have learnt nothing. Shame...

Archived