Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

On 2020-06-08 at 11:10 PM, KittyKath said:

I'm okay with all the changes, except the ammo pickups: That's my only no-no square.

But since I'm not sure what to else to say to backup that feeling, I'm going to keep it at this. 🤷‍♀️

It can probably be fixed with ammo mutation is the extra slot

On 2020-06-09 at 4:01 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.

on this point, please do so for the other "bright" color weapons. Please reduce the visual clutter by any means necessary... I even put effect intensity to just 10 (the lowest) and still got blinded by those weapons

Or maybe make a color toggle

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1175826-toggle-for-color-change/

(the post is archived, so....)

I could of dealt with an AOE nerf to the bramma, or a bomblet nerf. It is entirely inexcusable to drop it's ammo capacity from 15 to 5. It makes the weapon entirely unusable as a weapon now. I'm fed up with this whack-a-mole style balance game, there's always going to be overused weapons, balancing numbers off the popularity of a weapon is a horrible idea. I for one will not be returning to this game with deadlock protocol. Rip my MR 28 account.

3 minutes ago, -Jorsch- said:

I could of dealt with an AOE nerf to the bramma, or a bomblet nerf. It is entirely inexcusable to drop it's ammo capacity from 15 to 5. It makes the weapon entirely unusable as a weapon now. I'm fed up with this whack-a-mole style balance game, there's always going to be overused weapons, balancing numbers off the popularity of a weapon is a horrible idea. I for one will not be returning to this game with deadlock protocol. Rip my MR 28 account.

1: Why is it inexcusable? I mean, Lenz only gets one more ammo, and Bramma hits an order of magnitude harder. We're basically dealing with a portable artillery weapon here.

2: There's 'inexplicably the most popular' and 'used three times more than every other primary in the entire game'

Just now, Corvid said:

In fairness, Lenz doesn't need a specific ammo type to be refilled, thanks to its innate ammo mutation.

Fair enough, but we can also still point to 'Bramma hits orders of magnitude harder and has a faster start-up' as points in its favour. They don't mention increasing the absurdly fast draw time (which infringes on the 'fires fast' bow, the Rakta Cernos's territory, it's so fast) so Bramma is still much more capable at aggressive gameplay than the more methodical Lenz and its one second draw time, and similar wait for the actual damage. It takes several seconds to actually get damage from the Lenz out and it's less damage, so it getting a usability bonus over its Grineer-made Cousin makes a lot of sense.

I'm all in favour of a nerf to the bramma for many of the same reasons others have given.

To all those crying about this change though, in all honesty it can barely be called a nerf.

Yes, the bomblets have been reduced from 7 to 3.  They now cover a bigger area though with drastically reduced fall off.  This could conceivably end up being a buff.

As for ammo reduction, we have mods and sentinels that will make this irrelevant.  You just won't be able to stand in one place spamming rockets in all directions for quite as long and actually have to move about a bit.

It's still going to be massively op.

Find a way to lock it behind higher MMR, don't nerf it, it's just too hilarious to use, and by giving it less ammo you are making much more boring rather than actually weaker, I almost would prefer a damage nerf, but really, just... don't nerf it at all, all that going through liches gone to trash is just so feels bad

6 hours ago, (PS4)ShadowJuice69 said:

Yeah she needs nerfed like every thing thats good. Nerf Bramma saryn needs nerfed then.Cause people like both .Its fair.Screw call duty i havent played it since they stopped doing ww2 content years ago.Also why nerf ?why not bring unused weapons up to par?I worked hard to farm my bramma and max element so now im being punished cause of people who dont like it.Fix the other weapons first.

Um no can we nerf your posting privileges instead??? As you didn't read SHE WAS NERFED ONCE back in the day to point of unuseable..

Then they Finally went back & fixed her in the Syrain Revisited update & now she's finally in a good place she doesn't need nerfed..

If you hate Syrain that much you have the Option to hit pause on your controller scroll to Quit Game & select Quit Game & Quit nobody is forcing you to play with a Syrain in the squad you join..

But if you choose to stay that's on you but don't come here crying Nerf when she doesn't need it.. i hardly use Syrain & I rarely see her in any other missions 

She's only being used in ESO & Aberrations which is perfectly fine cause last I checked ESO objective is to kill as quickly as possible to keep efficiency up This is where Syrain gets the job done..

Outside of those 2 places Syrain is hardly ever seen especially on ps4 so no need to Nerf Her.. instead let's nerf the people who cry for nerf's posting privileges.. because if we nerf Syrain we might as well nerf everything in the game to unuseable 

This way everyone can just quit warframe because the game will be impossible to beat so why bother playing if we just nerf everything to your standards just because you don't like certain frames or weapons makes 0 sense

we might as well not play warframe then because of people  like you nobody's ever going to play if All weapons & frames suck because you aka little timmy didn't like them so you cried for DE to nerf them.. & they did now game is impossible to beat.. so based on your standards we should all just quit warframe because no frames or weapons should be end game tier..

So here's some more realistic advice

If you don't like certain frames in your game then exit that game & either go to recruiting & find people who will play how you want or learn to deal with the stuff people use..

Syrain outside of ESO & Aberrations has a very low usage rate for some odd reason.. which should prevent her from being nerfed cuz like I said i rarly see her now days 

I see more Wukongs,Inaros,Nidus Bruaaks Volts Frost & countless others so by your standards I  guess they should be nerfed too??  As I've seen those frames more then i have seen Syrain's in the last 3 or 4 months so she's fine now drop the subject ok.. thank you.

22 hours ago, MacIntoc said:

Instead of nerfing Bramma, you may try to restor the full glory of past "meta" weapons like Simulor, Tonkor, Plasmor, Catchmoon, Telos Boltace,... or even Warframe, like Ember, Banshee, Ash,... You'll break the overuse of Bramma but make alot of players happy instead of making them angry.

Agreed and as much as Ash is my main frame, he needs to be looked at again.

The 1st ability is only good with its augment. Augments should be used as an option and not coz the ability on its own is bad, the 2nd ability could benefit by having better cc and even through ppl say that his invisible is too short I have no issue with it, the 3rd ability has potential to be so much better just of the concept of teleportation alone and the 4th ability is terrible when it comes to activation speed, it`s too slow and other ppl can take your kills (even in low levels) and even more things that make it bad.

Overall Ash is a contradiction to what DE wants ppl to do in this game.... PLAY AS A TEAM, that's why he needs a revisit. I have put up a post presenting Ash`s issues and the solutions to fix them.

Bring back self damage.

Only thing that makes the Kuva Bramma "op" is the stupid change DE made to self damage, it took away the risk of explosive weapons completely.
If self damage was still with us people would be a lot more careful with this bow as they would kill themselves more often than not if they are not.
Yes lower the cluster mines but for god sake changing ammo maximum to 5? you are crazy, talk about making a weapon unusable.
There is tonnes of "op" stuff in this game that DE have failed miserably to fix, ppl call Bramma op when there are no skill warframes that clear the entire room in 1 push of a button but nobody complains? that is stupid to me.
I have used the Bramma and its not that op in my eyes, there are far worse weapons that do not get nerfed. i'm always running out of ammo when using the Bramma and having to rely on my secondary and melee until i get ammo again. (yes i have the ammo mutate mods etc)
I have been in full groups with all players using the bramma and i still have gotten most kills, if you get upset because you don't get most kills, that's a you problem.

If you cant get kills because someone with a op weapon or warframe is killing everything... just leave! and go do the mission again solo or with friends or stop complaining and just stand there and get carried. In my case if someone wants to go kill everything i let them, easier on me as i will still get the same rewards they do.

I say bring back self damage and this will fix so many problems in the game now.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)goonie4good said:

You guys wanted self damage removed so badly so reap was you sow it seems. 

Considering self-stagger is significantly more annoying than self-damage (5 seconds of self-knockdown?!), this is not a direct consequence.

It really is as simple as that DE has a great idea for a great new weapon concept, but they have 45 other weapons that are just pew pew peashooters that do zero damage, so anything that is even slightly more interesting than that deserves to be nerfed because nobody using the goddamn Hema.

Personally I'm still pissed about the Vazarin changes. DE hates everything that people like, because it means they should put in more effort into their other weapons than just "6 shots per 2 seconds with 50 damage puncture impact slash against a single enemy".

Maybe I should actually play "Enter the Gungeon" where weapons are supposedly actually interesting.

I really don't understand you guys asking for total NERF, try to understand that this is PvE game and Total NERF isn't required. Bramma is strong so what? there are other weapons that with use of a riven can be even stronger than Bramma, you guys that don't have enough luck to get Bramma are asking for such nerf, just dont forget there are other weapons as strong as Bramma and no-one is asking for a nerf. SO CALM DOWN, its a PvE game...

29 minutes ago, Zhuinden said:

Considering self-stagger is significantly more annoying than self-damage (5 seconds of self-knockdown?!), this is not a direct consequence.

It really is as simple as that DE has a great idea for a great new weapon concept, but they have 45 other weapons that are just pew pew peashooters that do zero damage, so anything that is even slightly more interesting than that deserves to be nerfed because nobody using the goddamn Hema.

Yeah but you’re not killing yourself. The fact that you died if you were careless could possibly discourage people from bringing it into certain game modes. And let’s be honest, the self stagger with that weapon or any weapon outside of the operator amp mess is not that much of a problem to deal with at all. 

And if you were downing yourself in public missions chances are you’re laying on your back more than 5 seconds waiting for a revive anyways. 

At this point the weapon is a crutch. Especially for new players, and if you think the Bramma is the end all be all primary in the game then you’re wrong. 

19 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Edit: This is the only gaming community I know of that doesn't have a healthy fear of any nerfs. Everyone has something they want to be nerfed.

Probably because there aren't that many games where tools given to players trivialize game's content to a very, very, very, veeeeery high degree.

New Weapon :)

Collect, build add forma go have fun then find out it was too much fun so it goes into storage with other weapons and I wait for the next :::

Collect, build add forma go have fun then find out it was too much fun so it goes into storage with other weapons and I wait for the next :::

rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

Probably because there aren't that many games where tools given to players trivialize game's content to a very, very, very, veeeeery high degree.

Have you played other games at all? I played Everquest for over a decade, among other games, and everyone had a healthy fear of the nerf hammer.

I know DE isn't nowhere near the level of this gaming developer when it comes to making great games.. DE is 1000000x better then them..

But when it comes to listening to little timmy the crybaby over your true loyal player base who has been there since the beginning & knows the ends & outs & what is actually great & nessecary for a great game like warframe unlike crybaby little Timmy who only agenda is to throw temper tantrums to ruin the game you are 100% or starting to get close to 100% like this company & because of it people no longer want to play or buy there games because they listen to little Timmy..

I'm talking about Electronic Arts the worst gaming company out there they do exactly what I listed above & because of it there games has gone down a path of not being good & just a complete cash grab..

There failure to listen to there loyal customers who insist on making there games better has driven away alot of there good players..

Plus Electronic Arts has the inability to admit there wrongdoing & not take accountability..

Sometimes I think DE is starting to become like Electronic Arts in some ways 

There inability to listen to there loyal customers & the ones who been with the game since the beginning who will have much better & more realistic  insights for improvement vs Some little whiney Timmy who only been playing less then 3 years  

He might think he knows but he doesn't his only agenda is to destroy the game by whining on the forums the minute something doesn't go his way so he cries nerf!

Instesd of listening to players who you should be listening too that say you should MR lock it or other suggestions vs Flat out Nerfing it because little timmy says so..

Little Timmy is less likely to continue to play warframe vs those who have been there since the beginning it would be wiser to listen to those folks

Instead of admitting & correcting your mistake by adding a MR lock to the Bramma & Restricting those who already have it in game that don't yet meet the requirements you choose to take the lazy approach of the easy way out by Nerfing a great end game weapon..

This is the exact kind of behavior EA does please don't go down that road as I've seen 1st hand how bad it has gotten & the road to winning back trust & people is going to be impossible because EA burned alot of bridges 

If you wanna see living proof of what little Timmy does when he's allowed to Dictate a games direction with his cries 

I advise you to check out Madddn 20 &, play online especially in madden ultimate team & tell me there isn't a huge problem when lower tier slower players are running past better tier faster players & more!

I know warframe is far from ever reaching the level of EA & I know gameplay wise you guys will never ever be like them & I'm grateful for the quality amazing game you have given us.. 

But You have allowed little timmy to get you to nerf a weapon that wasn't needed nerfed when all you had to do was lock it behind a MR don't give in to unloyal little Timmy 

But Because you listend to little Timmy he got it in his head now if I cry enough I can get them to nerf other things..

Don't give in to them there not worth it & are likely to abandon warframe in a year or 2 anyway 

The ones you should listen to for reasonable changes are the ones who have been with you for 5 to 7 years there the ones who have seen it all & are likely never to abandon you..

So please there's some people in here with much more reasonable more realistic Nerf ideas Listen to those Folks especially if they been with warframe for years there loyalty should matter. 

Anyway please take my advice & continue to make an awesome game I look forward to everything In store from you guys content wise the game has changed so much from when I started in January of 2014 it's so fun to be apart of the journey!  

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I played Everquest for over a decade, among other games, and everyone had a healthy fear of the nerf hammer.

Haven't played that one. Are there weapons or characters that are easy to acquire/build and then solo the entire game by facerolling on keyboard?

Call me crazy but aren't people going a little overboard with the #KuvaBrammaIsDead party? These nerfs aren't that bad. The weapon is still gonna be objectively top tier. Yes, they're neutering the AOE. But you'll notice in part of the post it says "generally do more damage". It's not like they're running the weapon into the ground making it completely useless. They're making it so you can't clear rooms in one shot. I dunno. Seems to me like people are too quick to say the weapon is dead. 

Archived