Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

Bramma was a great weapon for Harrow and his 2+3. Please bring Bramma(-like weapon) back as exalted Harrow primary.

13 hours ago, Uthael said:
  • Nuke frames and melee have nothing to do with love/hate for Brama. Bramma hurts others' gameplay much, much more.

So people could feel how nuke frames hurt harrow's gameplay 😛

4 hours ago, Twisted_Wisdom said:

I would rather see self-damage return rather than the Kuva Bramma being nerfed.
Self-damage would bring Chroma back to where he belongs.
Acceltra with self-damage meant taking care of where i aimed before i pulled the trigger.
Self-damage required more skill to play.
Returning self-damage would not undervalue the time and effort that's gone into upgrading kuva weapons, and the time, effort, kuva and cost of rivens.
Bring back self-damage and get rid of self-stagger.

I'm gonna break all this down real quick.

1. Bramma would still be crazy overpowered, and you'd just end up reducing pretty much the entire launcher class to a footnote.  Again.
  2. If Chroma needed to rely on self-damage, it might not be self-damage that needs a look.  It might be that Chroma is in severe, SEVERE need of a rework.
  3. Right, because a rapid-fire weapon with an arming distance called for care.  Had you mentioned Ogris, or Lenz, or Tonkor, you might have had a point, but Acceltra?  A rocket-launcher with a relatively decent arming distance?  Unless you're holding W or using Gauss's 1 as you fire, how are you blowing yourself up on it?
  4. So while this point does hold water insofar as there's only two Kuva weapons that pose a legitimate threat of blowing the user sky-high (Tonkor and Ayanga both have armming distances, and Chakkhurr never actually did any self-damage), see point 1.  While this wouldn't undermine Kuva weapons, it'd certainly re-undermine the launcher category of weapons.

Am I on crazy pills for thinking that self-stagger is better then you just getting gored for being 0.10 meters too close to the blast radius?

21 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Haven't played that one. Are there weapons or characters that are easy to acquire/build and then solo the entire game by facerolling on keyboard?

it's basically WoW before WoW existed and while UO was on the downswing. It's still running. Your question has nothing to do with why people would or wouldn't fear nerfs, we can all use the same tools in this game. You are just revealing your excuses for wanting nerfs. And I don't agree that they are even correct.

Do you really think the Kuva Bramma could do "endgame" content? No weapon similar to the launcher type is going to carry you that far. That's assuming we are not going by (apparentky) DE's version of endgame at 90-100 level.

3 minutes ago, OnceADrog said:

Maybe if the other Kuva weapons weren't trash you wouldn't have to nerf the effective one....

The Kuva weapons are good if you know how to mod them, each has it's weakness and strength learn their mechanics.

I was so happy using the tigris prime... Got nerf, then go to other weapons... Okey let me thorw to the thrash my favorite shotgun, Bramma looks interesting, got one... Hours later: going to be nerf

Warframe come on, i dont want to use what you say to use i wanna have fun why every time something is entertainment you come with the no fun-seal-of-nerf, i reallt love the game and sorry for not be a Founder but have to stop making nerf to everything the community recomends

Adding the weapon to the game was a mistake to begin with.
Basically, Bramma became what Tonkor used to be (along with former Telos Boltace and other weapons like Simulor).
And even with the so-called "nerfs", it will still be widely used. The smaller blasts are less significant damaging source, the main problem is the base damage of the weapon.

Probably the best way to balance this weapon out is by adding to it self-damage property that used to exist until recently.

Le 08/06/2020 à 18:01, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Tenno -

If you’ve been plugged into the community discourse since the self damage changes, you’ll have seen a lot of discussions about the Kuva Bramma. 

What makes this formerly self-damaging weapon so much more dominant than the others?

It has quickly taken the place at the top of the usage charts - which is where it should be given its acquisition - but the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

We are changing it so that:

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

We will be monitoring feedback after these changes go live to ensure we’ve struck a better balance of having a powerful weapon - but not one that overshadows everything else in the game to the detriment of your squadmates.

You will see these changes in Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol, and we can discuss feedback once they are in your hands.

Until then, Tenno! 

Think of a restaurant that instead of making all dishes with quality, decides to destroy the main course. This game is like that. After "taking the balls" from the enemies, they continue to nerf the weapons. You should improve the others. Since 2014 I haven't seen you improve any weapons, no warframe. Not even the login weapons have escaped. You keep focusing on the beginners, everything is easy. Don't forget to ask them to delete the game after the 1000 login. Because there is nothing else. veterans have to share the same content as beginners. Beginners continue to pay their bills and the party continues. Please sell the company to someone who takes care of your customers.

il y a 56 minutes, (PS4)LegionOfZoom1410 a dit :

I know DE isn't nowhere near the level of this gaming developer when it comes to making great games.. DE is 1000000x better then them..

But when it comes to listening to little timmy the crybaby over your true loyal player base who has been there since the beginning & knows the ends & outs & what is actually great & nessecary for a great game like warframe unlike crybaby little Timmy who only agenda is to throw temper tantrums to ruin the game you are 100% or starting to get close to 100% like this company & because of it people no longer want to play or buy there games because they listen to little Timmy..

I'm talking about Electronic Arts the worst gaming company out there they do exactly what I listed above & because of it there games has gone down a path of not being good & just a complete cash grab..

There failure to listen to there loyal customers who insist on making there games better has driven away alot of there good players..

Plus Electronic Arts has the inability to admit there wrongdoing & not take accountability..

Sometimes I think DE is starting to become like Electronic Arts in some ways 

There inability to listen to there loyal customers & the ones who been with the game since the beginning who will have much better & more realistic  insights for improvement vs Some little whiney Timmy who only been playing less then 3 years  

He might think he knows but he doesn't his only agenda is to destroy the game by whining on the forums the minute something doesn't go his way so he cries nerf!

Instesd of listening to players who you should be listening too that say you should MR lock it or other suggestions vs Flat out Nerfing it because little timmy says so..

Little Timmy is less likely to continue to play warframe vs those who have been there since the beginning it would be wiser to listen to those folks

Instead of admitting & correcting your mistake by adding a MR lock to the Bramma & Restricting those who already have it in game that don't yet meet the requirements you choose to take the lazy approach of the easy way out by Nerfing a great end game weapon..

This is the exact kind of behavior EA does please don't go down that road as I've seen 1st hand how bad it has gotten & the road to winning back trust & people is going to be impossible because EA burned alot of bridges 

If you wanna see living proof of what little Timmy does when he's allowed to Dictate a games direction with his cries 

I advise you to check out Madddn 20 &, play online especially in madden ultimate team & tell me there isn't a huge problem when lower tier slower players are running past better tier faster players & more!

I know warframe is far from ever reaching the level of EA & I know gameplay wise you guys will never ever be like them & I'm grateful for the quality amazing game you have given us.. 

But You have allowed little timmy to get you to nerf a weapon that wasn't needed nerfed when all you had to do was lock it behind a MR don't give in to unloyal little Timmy 

But Because you listend to little Timmy he got it in his head now if I cry enough I can get them to nerf other things..

Don't give in to them there not worth it & are likely to abandon warframe in a year or 2 anyway 

The ones you should listen to for reasonable changes are the ones who have been with you for 5 to 7 years there the ones who have seen it all & are likely never to abandon you..

So please there's some people in here with much more reasonable more realistic Nerf ideas Listen to those Folks especially if they been with warframe for years there loyalty should matter. 

Anyway please take my advice & continue to make an awesome game I look forward to everything In store from you guys content wise the game has changed so much from when I started in January of 2014 it's so fun to be apart of the journey!  

Easier to raise money for beginners. I agree with everything you said. So much time dedicated and they still think that veterans and beginners should play the same missions, have the same inventory. It's a big joke the way the company takes care of Anywhere else they would listen carefully to who has been here the longest. Every time I see more friends abandon the game and they don't worry because they are focused only on collecting with beginners. The last one to go out turn off the light. sign that the game is near the end.

29 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Your question has nothing to do with why people would or wouldn't fear nerfs, we can all use the same tools in this game.

Didn't I tell you why? Because the game is extremely easy, to the point of trivial, with the tools we have. That's why people don't fear nerfs.

30 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You are just revealing your excuses for wanting nerfs.

Oh trust me, I'm not trying to hide my feelings. Wanna hear the full list of stuff I want nerfed?

31 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Do you really think the Kuva Bramma could do "endgame" content?

I could tell if Warframe had endgame in the first place. Any content that can offer unique rewards, sure it could. And it's not like Bramma won't be able to anymore, the damage is untouched, it just won't be as spammy.

1 minute ago, Xaero said:

Didn't I tell you why? Because the game is extremely easy, to the point of trivial, with the tools we have. That's why people don't fear nerfs.

Oh trust me, I'm not trying to hide my feelings. Wanna hear the full list of stuff I want nerfed?

I could tell if Warframe had endgame in the first place. Any content that can offer unique rewards, sure it could. And it's not like Bramma won't be able to anymore, the damage is untouched, it just won't be as spammy.

I'm honestly not interested in an indepth back and forth about the issue. It's just an odd behavior pattern I've noticed. And it is odd. Regardless of why it is being done.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I'm honestly not interested in an indepth back and forth about the issue. It's just an odd behavior pattern I've noticed. And it is odd. Regardless of why it is being done.

Well, I don't see anything odd in wanting the game to become more engaging and active.

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

New Weapon 🙂

Collect, build add forma go have fun then find out it was too much fun so it goes into storage with other weapons and I wait for the next :::

New Weapon 🙂

Collect, build add forma go have fun then find out it was too much fun so it goes into storage with other weapons and I wait for the next :::

New Weapon 🙂

rinse and repeat.

Precisely this!

i don't really agree with the method of nerfing
changing the max ammo from 15 to 5 is easily offset by ammo mutation, it more makes the weapon annoying to use than actually nerfing the problem (just imagine if DE actually made a slot specifically designed for said mod type sure would be a shame if they were to have done that)
the change to the cluster bombs is... a change, albeit a nice change due to excessive particles blinding people

the major issue i have with bramma, is it has both higher base damage than kuva ogris (without even considering the cluster bombs or the fact that ogris is not intended to be a crit weapon),better critical stats than kuva tonkor (expecially when you consider that tonkor has low base damage to account for its high critical stats and bramma does not), faster fire rate than lenz and larger radius than all of them

it being so much stronger than lenz makes a degree of sense due to MR tier gap, but the gap between bramma, tonkor and ogris is kinda nuts given their MR tier is so close, let alone comparing it to any single target focused weapon like kuva chakkurr, snipers, shotguns or the plethora of other weapon types *but that is a whole other issue not exclusive to bramma*

from a purely statistical standpoint its better in every regard to other explosive weapons EVEN with these nerfs, hell its quite likely going to retain the spot of the strongest weapon in the game for the reasons mentioned above, while also completely outclassing every other explosive weapon by miles outside of the one flaw of it now being slightly more annoying to maintain the ammunition

basically halving its base damage, increasing its accuracy, alongside the cluster bomb change, would be a far more adequate nerf+QoL change
rather than simply making it more annoying to use

to the people complaining that bramma is being nerfed, we all saw it coming, we knew this was going to happen
nerfing the bramma is practically the same as buffing up every single other weapon simply on the basis that now bramma is no longer dwarfing them in power
buffing up every other weapon in the game is a huge waste of time when its just a few weapons dwarfing other types in power
balance is always important, be it PVP or PVE, the point is to increase variance and viability of as many options as possible which is a large selling point to why warframe remains fun for so many

one cannot create challenge if said challenge can be instant killed from half a mile away, through walls, while also killing everything nearby instantly
people may say melee is overpowered, but at least with melee it generally has to be more powerful due to potentially putting you in more danger *exceptions do apply*

With Bramma's recent nerf a pattern repeats itself that is starting to be as dangerous as it is boring: throw a new weapon -> the weapon is popular -> nerf the weapon to the ground -> throw a new weapon.

DE, Bramma didn't need a nerf. What was necessary from the beginning are two things:

1. Test weapons (actually test anything) before launch so you don't have to make "tough decisions" in the future.

2. It was enough to raise Bramma's MR requirement, and turn it into a "reward" weapon for high level players. Your DE mistake was allowing everyone to access a powerful weapon from the start.

The problem is not in Bramma, the problem is your poor planning and poor design of game dynamics that currently affects all areas.

What you have achieved with this unnecessary nerf is to generate even more mistrust in many of your players, who will no longer be sure to invest 6 ways and tens of hours to upload their favorite weapon at the risk of another imminent nerf.

You are doing things wrong.

3 minutes ago, Awazx said:

DE, Bramma didn't need a nerf. 

I stopped reading here. Kuva Bramma was the equivalent of Cernos Prime firing rounds from an old Tonkor without any drawbacks. Bramma definitely needed a nerf, but it should not have released in this state in the first place. Bramma is a problem, but it is the result of repeated mistakes and poor design decisions. 

5 minutes ago, Awazx said:

With Bramma's recent nerf

Seems like I'm not up-to-date. What nerf?

5 minutes ago, Awazx said:

2. It was enough to raise Bramma's MR requirement, and turn it into a "reward" weapon for high level players

This would only work if reaching high mastery ranks took some sort of skill or something...

Justo ahora, Voltage dijo:

I stopped reading here. Kuva Bramma was the equivalent of Cernos Prime firing rounds from an old Tonkor without any drawbacks. Bramma definitely needed a nerf, but it should not have released in this state in the first place.

I understand you, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I'll gladly explain it again: Bramma didn't need a nerf, assuming only a minority of high MR players could use it. In this way, the weapon would continue to be the nuclear weapon that it is, but much less seen and used.

one.

Just now, Awazx said:

I understand you, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I'll gladly explain it again: Bramma didn't need a nerf, assuming only a minority of high MR players could use it. In this way, the weapon would continue to be the nuclear weapon that it is, but much less seen and used.

You could restrict it to MR 29 Founders exclusively and it would still be an unhealthy weapon. No matter how you slice it, the weapon was released broken when it shouldn't have, and DE is cleaning up their mess (better late than never). Fortunately it's not taking years to address and Bramma will fall in line with other weapons.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

This would only work if reaching high mastery ranks took some sort of skill or something...

And if the MR restriction actually worked. Unfortunately, the current acquisition system for Lich weapons bypasses it.

Archived