Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

Just now, (PS4)Rook117 said:

Kick and scream all you want.

Its still getting nerfed.

🤣

I don't get you, have you ever played with it? It's useless now...

9 hours ago, (PS4)Rook117 said:

I like how you all be crying about people in the forum asking for nerfs.

As if Rebecca didnt just say herself they can clearly see this for themselves just by bringing up their own game stats on player use.

Did you seriously think Bramma wouldnt get nerfed the second it was released? Thats on you.

Bro, first of all why so salty? Did you ever played with it? My problem isn't the nerf, it's the #*!%ing 5 ammo which makes it useless, compared to any other rocket launcher weapons....

8 hours ago, grasharobas said:

"gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups"  I think getting less ammo is a little different from using all the mods and passives that generate extra ammo and still receive only 1 ammo per collection ... and still delay        

Exactly, in missions I'm always 0 ammo...

I personally don't think resource starving is a good way to balance most things in games, it just leads to unfun moments where you end up out of said resource and it feels bad.
But if they added a higher ammo count to the weapon, they should probably slow the weapon down to a more reasonable pace,either way it will slow down the spam of this weapon and reduce the obnoxiousness of it and all the visual clutter it creates (which seemed to be the main goal of these changes) maybe a 1 second or even a 1.2 second pull time like the Lenz would fit better than being ammo starved.

On 2020-06-10 at 11:12 PM, (PS4)Ares_Arizen said:

Kuva Bramma's damage output is on par with other top tier weapons. Its popularity is not due to it being overpowered, its popular for the fact that it is fun to use and labeled as 'meta' by the community.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about/lacks math skills.

Exactly, I don't get people who come here, and they don't even played with bramma... I feel that the explosives nerf it's okay, especially performance wise, but that ammo nerf makes it useless now.

7 minutes ago, Maganar said:

No, they've adjusted usage for other widely overused weapons and strategies before that weren't launchers.

Except that popular weapons aren't a problem. The community finds weapons, builds or set ups that work, and they take hold of the meta.

The problem with the catchmoon is that it was the only good option for the kitguns. All the kitguns right now are 100% garbage. (I want an entire rework for every last kitgun.)
They feel like fallout 4's pipe pistols, when I need actual guns not duct taped together. Catchmoon was a kitgun that played like the Arca Plasmor, and everyone's favorite operator amp.

Meanwhile every other kitgun that was available felt awful, or performed awful. (Usually both.) So the playerbase went from using the only good option, to using none of them.

If you nerf every weapon that becomes popular, DE is only ever going to constantly play musical nerf chairs. New weapons, gear are always going to be popular. People are going to be trying them out. More so if those weapons are good, or better then their old equipment.

When it comes to the Bramma or the Catchmoon? You aren't helping other weapons. You are only killing one weapon people loved.

14 minutes ago, Maganar said:

Actually, this was one of the most widely-requested ways of nerfing the weapon, as it reduces its ability to spam and fill the map with eye-bleed projectiles and encourages smart use rather than flailing it at even solo enemies where it takes overkill to a completely surreal level - and yet does all of this without reducing the weapon's stopping power, thus allowing the fun factor of a one-shot, bomb-launching bow to remain intact.

Except the weapon's stopping power was reduced, and going by the numerous people who commented on it. It's gimped to a severe degree. Reducing weapon effects is one thing. This is gone further then that.

16 minutes ago, Maganar said:

You claim it's "walled behind a massive grind" ...accurately, I might even add.  And yet it's over three times more popular than the next weapon on the charts, but you don't take this as a sign that this massive grind is an insufficient deterrent for less ambitious players to settle for less with another launcher or even weapons of another type entirely?  Kuva Bramma has been such a wildly devastating and over-the-top weapon since release, only exacerbated by the removal of self-damage, that even that massive grind is a small price to pay for players to have the only weapon that seemed to be worth having. 

Almost like the Bramma was a reward for a hyped up system. People were attracted to one of the new weapons  that never existed before till Kuva Liches came in, and as more and more people saw it, more and more people wanted to try it.

Every other Kuva weapon for the most part had a previous version of it. It's been 2 years since warframe had got a bow like the Bramma.

19 minutes ago, Maganar said:

Again, open your eyes.  Your viewpoint is not the only one in the community.

Sounds like you should take your own advice.

There are many people who aren't happy with these changes. Quite a few people tired of heavy handed nerfs that don't make the game any better.

Your response is fundamentally wrong. The best thing would have been to adjust the weapon in small increments till the gun was in the correct place. Make the visuals on it toned back first. Then move from there. Find out what made the Bramma popular and make more weapons like it, instead of repeating the same mistake of the catchmoon and making a pile of garbage weapons nobody else wants.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SaiTatter said:

I don't have a problem with the explosions, they are better now, and even less explosions than some other weapons. The problem is 5 ammo... After a huge damage and visual nerf it also gets a massive ammo nerf which makes it unusable, and that's a really endgame weapon.... Even my melee kills faster than a primary.

I don't have a problem with individuals such as yourself arguing that some things get reconsidered.  That's fine debate, and you make a fair point.  As you can probably see, though, I was responding to a person who was extremely disingenuous to the developers and ranting without even understanding the discussion well enough to provide relevant feedback.

Five ammo is ridiculously low.  Maybe too low - I'll need to test it out for myself to know the answer to that, which I intend to do over the upcoming day... but I honestly do not think it will be too low.  Here's why:

Lenz was extremely popular for a while and only gradually fell off... and it has a max ammo of 6.  Auto-converts so it didn't need mutation mods... but that was before the days of an exilus mod slot, so that's a moot point because Kuva Bramma can put that on without "losing" the mod slot Lenz saves.  Lenz was fully functional, but fell off only because it struggled with high-level content because it couldn't apply enough status effects to actually kill (and at high levels, you really need those status effects to counteract enemy defenses).  Bramma still has clusters to spread more effects, so I think it's in a better spot, and with roughly the same max ammunition now.

...But I still expect its use to plummet, wildly fast, just because of the reputation it is going to get as "literally unplayable" from people experiencing the contrast and not fully comprehending just how wildly overpowered it was to start with (and thus how it can handle a ton of nerfs and still be extremely viable).  But again, we'll just have to see.

As for melee being faster to kill, that's always been the case with any primary.  Melee is kind of overpowered in general, but DE seems to have embraced that feel in order to 1) reward getting in close and aggressive, because if both ranged and melee were equally effective, ranged would be safer and win by default 2) product the "I am a space ninja feel."   Personally, I tend to have a low-melee-use playstyle and get along fine though, so I think they have a functional balance there if my playstyle is supported despite melee being stronger in general.  But if you noticed your Bramma clearing areas faster than your melee... that's not something primaries normally do.  So that still feels like Bramma being pulled back to the range of other primary weapons even if you experienced that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Maganar said:

I don't have a problem with individuals such as yourself arguing that some things get reconsidered.  That's fine debate, and you make a fair point.  As you can probably see, though, I was responding to a person who was extremely disingenuous to the developers and ranting without even understanding the discussion well enough to provide relevant feedback.

Five ammo is ridiculously low.  Maybe too low - I'll need to test it out for myself to know the answer to that, which I intend to do over the upcoming day... but I honestly do not think it will be too low.  Here's why:

Lenz was extremely popular for a while and only gradually fell off... and it has a max ammo of 6.  Auto-converts so it didn't need mutation mods... but that was before the days of an exilus mod slot, so that's a moot point because Kuva Bramma can put that on without "losing" the mod slot Lenz saves.  Lenz was fully functional, but fell off only because it struggled with high-level content because it couldn't apply enough status effects to actually kill (and at high levels, you really need those status effects to counteract enemy defenses).  Bramma still has clusters to spread more effects, so I think it's in a better spot, and with roughly the same max ammunition now.

...But I still expect its use to plummet, wildly fast, just because of the reputation it is going to get as "literally unplayable" from people experiencing the contrast and not fully comprehending just how wildly overpowered it was to start with (and thus how it can handle a ton of nerfs and still be extremely viable).  But again, we'll just have to see.

As for melee being faster to kill, that's always been the case with any primary.  Melee is kind of overpowered in general, but DE seems to have embraced that feel in order to 1) reward getting in close and aggressive, because if both ranged and melee were equally effective, ranged would be safer and win by default 2) product the "I am a space ninja feel."   Personally, I tend to have a low-melee-use playstyle and get along fine though, so I think they have a functional balance there if my playstyle is supported despite melee being stronger in general.  But if you noticed your Bramma clearing areas faster than your melee... that's not something primaries normally do.  So that still feels like Bramma being pulled back to the range of other primary weapons even if you experienced that.

Yeah, ik. I was just wanted to let you know that I agreed with your feedback too. Also btw, it has 5 ammo and the ammo pickups mods got hugely nerfed on it. :)) I literally don't feel like playing it anymore. I feel like any other primary weapon has way more clearing speed, and it's sad when you we consider the grinding time for this weapon.

2 hours ago, -BKB-SamuarJoe said:

@[DE]Rebecca

can you increase the ammo from 5 to 10? since you already gimp ammo pick up for it

10 ammo would be good, but it won't matter at all in long run, because ammo pickup is the one that decides clearing speed, especially on weapons with such a little amount of ammo. Nerfing ammo pickup that's just awful, especially after nerfing it's aoe, it's damage, and it's base ammo. That's like shuting down a primary weapon completely.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Sounds like you mad. Why you mad bro? ps4 isn't even bad.

Yeah, sorry if you saw me that way. Those guys like that, that I described previously just makes me like that. Btw, I've read your feedback, really good and useful explanations you gave there.

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

No hyperbole. You literally complained about the idea of there being a top weapon. I have met so many people like you who only care about weapon variety, that I asked you a question.

A question you ran away from as far as possible.

Except several people have mentioned that DE nerfs are overkill. Most weapons that get nerfed are never seen again. When is the last time you saw the Synoid Gammacor?

Yea. Didn't think so.

You are aware FPS means first person shooter correct? Warframe isn't first person. Warframe is a MMO hybrid just like Destiny. Don't recall asking if you were a MMO player.
(Sounds like you are bit insecure when you say it like that, honestly.)
Warframe is a third person action game with hack and slashing, mixed with shooting. The only part of warframe that is first person "might" be the crime scene from the nightwave.

Not sure if you typo-ed or not. But you really aren't making yourself look any more credible lol.

Sounds like an awful MMO. I tend to stay away from those, thanks.

Soma Prime is also immensely outdps-ed by weapons like the Acceltra. Said Acceltra is literally a much more powerful Soma.

Acceltra has higher crit chance, and nearly 3x the base damage of the Soma. Also comes in with AoE radius. Soma Prime is alright. But it is vastly outperformed.

People are acting like there is a top weapon; there isn't.  So again, you made my argument there.  As someone locked into a game with weapon type very limited to class and the bare resources, the fact that I have choices is wonderful.  I'm sorry you don't understand that.  Different weapons have different uses, and I appreciate that there isn't a one size fits all solution in Warframe like other games do.  Bramma was definitely going down that path.  I took my Bramma to Arbitration and ESO and it was fine for all of that the other day if we want to talk level content.  

Third person, first person, now you're playing on technicalities to make yourself look better.  Warframe plays far more like an FPS than it does any current MMO with maybe the exception of Black Desert and a couple other action based MMOs; and even then.  No.  It's a technicality for you to be slightly over the shoulder of your avatar versus the eyes of the avatar.  Being confined to squads of only four people does not an MMO make.  Not even a hybrid.  Two open world zones, and still confined to only four players, which definitely has its perks, don't get me wrong, I don't miss trying to wrangle scores of people, but that said; pretty chat rooms does not an MMO make.  

I'm guessing you haven't play many MMOs; maybe GW2 which is a casual's paradise, but otherwise most that are worth playing are gear-gated and RNG-based to hell unless subscription based and even then, they're all grindy.  That's the point. The game was fine until the last couple patches and then it turned into a grind with no satisfaction because they took all the skill out of it which seems to be what people want with Warframe with all the cri that's about the Bramma 'nerf.'  

Sure, Acceltra is a better weapon, I'm not a total idiot to this game, but I can still certainly enjoy Soma Prime and other people certainly should as well.  I never said Soma was the best, I said I really liked it because I enjoy some of the less frilly weapons in the game that just get the job done versus rely on explosive gimmicks.  That's why I like Dread so much; for it to be an effective weapon, it's all about headshot city, which makes it more player reliant than gear reliant.  

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, SaiTatter said:

I'm not, i just reported him quietly. This game would be so much better without players like him, that come on forums and don't give feedback, instead he just replies and get others mad... Why is he even on this forum when he has no idea how that weapon is...

Lol i gave my feedback, ur the one who started with the insults and bad language.

I like how you reported someone just becuase you disagreed with their opinion over Kuva Bramma. Nice. 👍 

Besides if they dont nerf the # of arrows, then they didnt nerf the bramma.

Stop being so easily triggered Karen.

Edited by (PS4)Rook117
2 minutes ago, Maganar said:

Lenz was fully functional, but fell off only because it struggled with high-level content because it couldn't apply enough status effects to actually kill

You'd be wrong here. Just today I took a 0 forma Lenz, no riven, no exilus, two mod slots missing and killed level 181 corrupted heavy gunners with it in a solo survival.

The Lenz was unpopular because it was unwieldy and hunter munitions is a largely underestimated mod. Anyone can use the Lenz Build I used today to fight level 200 enemies in a solo survival. No forma. Not even a max point strike.

No carrier for more ammo. Just the base ammo mutation. What lead to the Lenz's decline was that it could kill you, the draw time, and the delayed explosion.

Meanwhile the Bramma? Higher base damage. Faster Draw. Explosions instant and gratuitous. It's a bow that is extremely customizable. Hand tailored element to your liking. Not to mention a dream to mod with more mod polarity then you could ever need. It's a weapon that had almost everything going for it.

Except when it came to people like you.

9 minutes ago, Maganar said:

Bramma still has clusters to spread more effects, so I think it's in a better spot, and with roughly the same max ammunition now.

You'd be wrong by what other people have said.

10 minutes ago, Maganar said:

...But I still expect its use to plummet, wildly fast, just because of the reputation it is going to get as "literally unplayable" from people experiencing the contrast and not fully comprehending just how wildly overpowered it was to start with

As of right now. A hunter munitions Lenz is outperforming the Bramma when it comes to dps.

The bramma was never overpowered. You think it was. You are wrong. The reality was that it was that most popular AoE. The amount of AoE damage it could crank out was near the best, but as you admitted with melee, there are better options.

People like you just jump on the hate wagon, and join the nerf herd. You'll never actually reasonably balance a weapon. Just like the Simuloid Gammacor.

You think a weapon is op. Compared to what? What are you scaling the weapon to? Level 30 enemies? Level 120? Your entire viewpoint is flawed because people like you say its overpowered, but compared to what?

Today on Ps4 I literally compared pre-nerf Bramma to pre-nerf Lenz. Which one do you think won with the same exact mods? Lenz.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Except that popular weapons aren't a problem. The community finds weapons, builds or set ups that work, and they take hold of the meta.

The problem with the catchmoon is that it was the only good option for the kitguns. All the kitguns right now are 100% garbage. (I want an entire rework for every last kitgun.)
They feel like fallout 4's pipe pistols, when I need actual guns not duct taped together. Catchmoon was a kitgun that played like the Arca Plasmor, and everyone's favorite operator amp.

Meanwhile every other kitgun that was available felt awful, or performed awful. (Usually both.) So the playerbase went from using the only good option, to using none of them.

I still use kitguns heavily - a couple of them are my current go-to weapons because of how reliable and versatile they are in endgame content.  Am I not part of the playerbase?

If you nerf every weapon that becomes popular, DE is only ever going to constantly play musical nerf chairs. New weapons, gear are always going to be popular. People are going to be trying them out. More so if those weapons are good, or better then their old equipment.

When it comes to the Bramma or the Catchmoon? You aren't helping other weapons. You are only killing one weapon people loved.

This part I understand.  The potential for this to turn into a musical chairs scenario is a valid concern.  The trick to a healthy game state is knowing when to pull the trigger and yank something back in line because it just going too far (letting things go unchecked is just negligence, not respect for the players), and when to just let a popular thing be popular.  I don't want people to lose the fun of a weapon if they are using it because it is fun rather than because it is "the best," and that is a real concern.

Except the weapon's stopping power was reduced, and going by the numerous people who commented on it. It's gimped to a severe degree. Reducing weapon effects is one thing. This is gone further then that.

I'm not sure I follow this.  The damage numbers are not changed, but you aren't going to create a massive overlapping field of replicate status applications.  That seems wise, and I'm not sure how this "goes further."

Also I've tested the weapon in the Simulacrum and it still utterly erases Level 170 targets.... even the "big bois" as I called them, like Heavy Gunners - which it shouldn't be oneshotting at endgame levels, as an AoE weapon rather than a single-target one.  In my opinion, it could have definitely handled a reduction in stopping power.  Or, since you believe a reduction has occurred (which I do not see), a greater and more noticeable one.  But I think DE was right not to touch that because it would threaten to hurt the enjoyment of people using the weapon just because they wanted a bomb-launching bow.

Almost like the Bramma was a reward for a hyped up system. People were attracted to one of the new weapons  that never existed before till Kuva Liches came in, and as more and more people saw it, more and more people wanted to try it.

Every other Kuva weapon for the most part had a previous version of it. It's been 2 years since warframe had got a bow like the Bramma.

By this logic, Kuva Shildeg should see similar usage in the melee slot.  It does not.

No, this is a consequence of the weapon's performance, not simply being a purely new weapon in this new system.

Sounds like you should take your own advice.

There are many people who aren't happy with these changes. Quite a few people tired of heavy handed nerfs that don't make the game any better.

Your response is fundamentally wrong. The best thing would have been to adjust the weapon in small increments till the gun was in the correct place. Make the visuals on it toned back first. Then move from there. Find out what made the Bramma popular and make more weapons like it, instead of repeating the same mistake of the catchmoon and making a pile of garbage weapons nobody else wants.

Now this is no longer an attempt to provide feedback, but rather an attempt to start a series of personal attacks that are doomed to devolve into a series of "No, YOU!" / "NO, YOU!!!" / "NOOO!  IT'S YOU!!!" etc. etc. if both parties partake in it.

The person to which I directed that advice was making arguments without understanding the opposition, or giving any credibility to their claims.  I asked them to open their eyes.  I think that was fair.  I also think it's fair to say that I did not mirror their mistakes, as I acknowledge the relevant points you bring up, such as the risk of a game balance musical chairs scenario.  If you want, you can naturally tell yourself that I put that part in just to exonerate myself of your accusation here at the end, and I would have no way of convincing you otherwise over the internet (or even in person, for all I know).  All I can do is say that I have expressed what I believe to be genuine replies to each of your points, allowing you to trust or distrust that claim at your own discretion.

• Like 1
Just now, Maganar said:

I still use kitguns heavily - a couple of them are my current go-to weapons because of how reliable and versatile they are in endgame content.

I kinda doubt you. Especially since not a single person has defended kitguns before you. Not a single player has used kitguns in the missions I've played. And I've tried all various kitguns as of late.

All of them feel 100% terrible. None of them perform up to what I'd like. And this is coming from a person who spends hours in solo survivals. Maybe they can be good with the right arcanes.

Yet you are in the vast minority without a doubt. The catchmoon was the only kitgun anyone cared about. You would be the one out of 10,000 that actually cares about them.

3 minutes ago, Maganar said:

This part I understand.  The potential for this to turn into a musical chairs scenario is a valid concern.  The trick to a healthy game state is knowing when to pull the trigger and yank something back in line because it just going too far (letting things go unchecked is just negligence, not respect for the players), and when to just let a popular thing be popular.  I don't want people to lose the fun of a weapon if they are using it because it is fun rather than because it is "the best," and that is a real concern.

Hence you do small changes, instead of destroying a new fantastic weapon that brought people back to warframe.

People come back to warframe for new content. I started playing again with friends who came back just for the lichs. Now the very thing that was a celebration to them coming back is being ruined for them (The bramma) because of opinions like yours.

Sorry, but you aren't making any reasonable arguments. You don't know weigh the scale of the weapons powers, or its place in the game. Instead you respond to an extreme with another extreme.

The bramma is an extreme in that its the new gjallarhorn. It's the new northfleet. It's the new BFG. (Games like warframe, constantly have the same phenomenon as the Bramma. A new exciting gun comes out with unknown potential and people rush to it.

In the overall life-span of the game it doesn't effect the balance of the game. The Gjallarhorn got powercrept out before it was nerfed. Other guns came and took the spot.

8 minutes ago, Maganar said:

I don't want people to lose the fun of a weapon if they are using it because it is fun rather than because it is "the best," and that is a real concern.

A weapon being the best isn't a concern. Some people like using the best weapons in the game. People like using the BFG. There's nothing wrong with that. What matters is if the gun is fun to those who use it. The entire reason we are having this discussion is because people like the weapon.

12 minutes ago, Maganar said:

I'm not sure I follow this.  The damage numbers are not changed, but you aren't going to create a massive overlapping field of replicate status applications.

Wrong. So the best build for the Bramma was using Hunter Munitions. Hunter munitions is a mod that creates a slash proc based off a crit. The higher the base damage of a weapon, the stronger the crit, the stronger the slash proc is.

Having less cluster bombs means less instances of that slash proc happening. Hunter Munitions is one of the strongest mods in the game. With it, my 0 forma lens could fight level 181 heavy gunners with 3 million health effective health.

Slash procs ignore armor and damage reduction. When this change comes to console, it's entirely likely that this Kuva Weapon will be outdamaged by a master rank 7 lenz.

15 minutes ago, Maganar said:

By this logic, Kuva Shildeg should see similar usage in the melee slot.  It does not.

Wrong again. The Bramma has the highest base damage of all bows. The Kuva shildeg has the second lowest base damage of all hammers. It could have been strong. But if something comes out, and there are already many items better then it, people aren't going to be impressed by it.

18 minutes ago, Maganar said:

No, this is a consequence of the weapon's performance, not simply being a purely new weapon in this new system.

No, this is a consequence of the weapon's popularity. There are many weapons in the game that outperform it in different ways. Many warframe abilities can kill enemies before the bramma can reach them.

You either got excited by the bramma when you found about it. Put love into it and joined the hype train, or resented it. It functions around the same levels as other AoE in the game.

20 minutes ago, Maganar said:

All I can do is say that I have expressed what I believe to be genuine replies to each of your points, allowing you to trust or distrust that claim at your own discretion.

At the very least you are civil.

I would be happy to show you a video where I compare the Bramma and the Lenz together in a comparison with hunter munitions. I fully expect the Bramma to be worse then the Lenz when the update hits on console.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -Sandman said:

My point and the meaning of the word was self explanatory and your point was just that, no matter how you try to spin and misdirect. You proved it again here. (I'm not even going to comment on the heap of assumptions you made by mentioning those events out of respect for the people affected). 

1. There is literally the term mastery fodder because of how many weapons are practically unusable later in the game. 

2. If you think Bramma rules the game, then you are simply considering too low levels and not enough different modes. There are many levels types of mission that Bramma is suboptimal even pre-nerf. 

3. It's laughable when people argue about weapons being too powerful when there are frames that clear an entire map with the press of one button, yet I don't see them in those threads. 

4. Talking about diversity by potentially removing a choice is contradictory. 

Right because you made absolutely no exaggerations.

The fact that you missed the point completely only serves to further prove it.

Pretending to be the victim is a pretty weak argument. 

Now this is just special pleading and misdirection. But for the sake of argument that still takes time, and exemplifies the whole issues in it's entirety. This is your vision of how you enjoy the game and that's fine, up until you feel the need to force it on eveyone else. Obviously on the other hand if things like overwhelming visual effects are affecting others' gameplay then this needed to be fixed. But your post goes far beyond that. 

So now from taking a few hours the solution is take a few days off.... right. 

What you meant to say was "I don't think I am salty". Your posts say otherwise. 

No part of this game is hard, but you described yet again quite a time consuming process > grind for relics (hope a relic drops and hope it's a good one) > grind for rarer parts (even if you try to sell the fodder that will be also time consuming) > spend time in the trade chat or equivalent > spend time to make the trade. 

And yet again, this assumes that people enjoy/can bear doing that as much as you. 

On this particular point, time is what people are complaining about, their time lost. If this is their first experience then it's perfectly reasonable for them to get upset. And certainly its not acceptable to be gloating on that.

I personally recognized this as a trademark of warframe many years ago, so I invest my time and currency wisely knowing anything that's popular will only be short lived, as we have gone through many cycles of this and will continue to in future. The next overpowered cash cow will reveal itself soon enough. 

You're still trying to make an argument about privilege on a video game, it's not flying.  And to accuse me of gloating?  Okay sure, because I'm not allowed to have any problems and be relieved that there's been an adjustment to the weapon in order to make players actually try to play the game, as well as being relieved that players with older pcs that don't like three simultaneous brammas going off might get a small break from a firework show in a Grineer closet.  I'm allllll for creative cheesing of things but. . .

Victim, sure w/e

And time loss?  It's a game.   Video games are inherently a time sink.  When I  work 60-70hrs a week and only have 20minutes a night to run a few missions, I still feel like I'm making progress which is a rarity in any sort of online game.  You use time consuming as a vague argument, but I'm saying that's what games are about and as far as games go, there are far, far worse games about time sinks than Warframe.  If you're worried about your time you shouldn't probably play games.  Games are not the way to go if you're looking for permanent satisfaction for your efforts.  Most games have EULAs that literally state in a lot of words that, 'We reserve the right to change anything and everything at any time, so tough luck.'  :Shrugs:  

And don't be ridiculous; just because I pile my forma up for a few days, doesn't mean there's nothing to do in the meanwhile.  There's plenty of things to whittle away at, and there's. . .guess what. . .OTHER GAMES.  So you complain about this game being a time sink, but also that there's not enough to do while your forma builds???  Or sussing out fissures for stuff to trade for plat?  Please make up your mind, either you want to spend time in a game or you don't.  And I'm not forcing anyone to play the game like I do, I'm offering solutions towards your complaint and you're still crying.  

And cashcow?  You're funny.  This game literally doesn't force you to make any actual real money purchases; you can get around any paywall with a little effort ( that's still fun; you talk of fissures like it's work, it's still a game) other than some cosmetics.  Which, guess what, we live in a system of capitalism that requires game companies to *gasp* make money in order to survive, so that argument?  Applies to ALL games.  If you're miserable about the game you're playing, which you certainly sound like if you have to project said misery onto someone else, you should really consider something else.  Look, I used to be that gamer.  I went through about a year royally hating the game I used to love for years and years, and stuck with it thinking it'd get better.   Just quit.  Or take (more) time away from the game.  

And as far as frames go; oh definitely, this is totally whataboutism.  I can have opinions about weapons that take out all the skill in game and also have said opinions on warframes that do the same, but the topic of this thread IS Bramma, so I have tried to stay on topic because of that, but it's clearly gone off topic anyways.  

51 minutes ago, Verashai said:

People are acting like there is a top weapon; there isn't. 

There is, and there always has been a top weapon.

At a certain point, somebody is top dog. The gold medal. The best of the best. Till something comes that is better.

I'll take that as your answer to the Olympics btw. You just pretend that one person hasn't beaten all the rest. Just pretend that everyone all equally wins. Gold Medals for everyone!

You couldn't be more wrong. Then again, nobody accused you of being correct.

14 minutes ago, Verashai said:

And to accuse me of gloating? 

You were totally gloating dude. You tried to lecture me on how you are this MMO Veteran. All the while you claimed Warframe was a First Person Shooter. Something you never corrected or fixed.

12 minutes ago, Verashai said:

Okay sure, because I'm not allowed to have any problems

Anyone can see you have problems dude. You reek of insecurity.

Edited by (PS4)UltraKardas
  • Like 1

EDIT:

Reduced aoe / cluster bomb spread - agree, good

Reduced clusterr bomb number - good, better for eyes & graphic performance-wise

Ammo reduction - BAD. At least change the ammo type from sniper to rifle (as some other bows have it) - Ammo Mutation will take care of ammo efficiency better then :)

What are you all talking about? PvE game is a game together or alone against mobs. This is not PVP. PvE should be fun!

Bramma was very fun! Jump and run everywhere and do BOOM BOOM BOOM !!!

But developers have a poor understanding of the meaning of the game. Like some players who ask to spoil weapons to other players. Because in their opinion, others should not have fun and enjoy, but suffer and have difficulty.

Guys. Which of you was bothering my bow? Let the one to whom the fun hindered me throw the first stone at me.

If you want to put yourself to a difficult test - there are hundreds of other games with balance and working PvP, go there.

Until now, the warframe has been a game that has been very fun to play. But then the developer came out and said: "I'm sorry, man, I want you to have difficulties."

For this, I have all the other games, I liked your game only because here you can create a really strong character and a strong team.

Ok, I said, and left to play Path Of Exile. Because it makes no sense to play the warframe if the developers want to turn it into Destiny-2 and make all characters and weapons balanced.

Why try, farm, develop, if in the end you will be the same as everyone else? Without its unique features?

The developers did not understand the essence of the game they created. The essence of the game is

EXTREME FUN! Getting power. Enjoy it.

That was the strength of the warframe. Not that it is a complex system that allows players to test their skills - for this there is CS: GO and DOTA, and other MOBA.

The whole point of PvE is to kill, enjoy graphic effects, do around BOOM-BOOM-BOOM! Burn enemies from a flamethrower, shoot from sci-fi weapons! Total destruction !!

On 2020-06-12 at 9:41 AM, Bandileros said:

-snip-

Did you actually read the post/reasons given by Rebecca as to why the nerf?

Or are you just lashing out at DE just because the K. Bramma nerf hurt your feelings?

Show a lil maturity and compassion for these human beings. They’re doing a good job.

• Like 1
On 2020-06-12 at 9:47 AM, (PS4)Rook117 said:

Did you actually read the post/reasons given by Rebecca as to why the nerf?

Or are you just lashing out at DE just because the K. Bramma nerf hurt your feelings?

Show a lil maturity and compassion for these human beings. They’re doing a good job.

These are the wrong reasons.
They said, "You jump and shoot in all directions. We want you to have difficulty."

That is, "Too much fun."

Instead of rebalancing the old weapon so that it is also interesting, instead of creating a new one. Even more interesting ...

Let's just remove what pleases people too much.

This is not MOBA, not PvP! Too strong a weapon is one that makes the game uninteresting because it is too strong. Like a cheat. But bramma did not interfere with other players who prefer other weapons, and did not make the game uninteresting. On the contrary, it is the favorite weapon of many players.
If she was too strong, I would not play with her. It is not interesting.

The latest change turned one of the funniest weapons in the game into an analogue of a grenade launcher, which has very little ammunition and is almost never used. That is, it completely destroyed the original idea - to create an explosive bow that will make BOOM-BOOM everywhere and delight players with the mass destruction of mobs.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

Bramma was very fun! Jump and run everywhere and do BOOM BOOM BOOM !!!

Rebbeca stated aim not random AFK firing like what you are implying. If explosions only triggered on headshots, then no more Boom Boom Boom. lol

Easy fix, Aim over random shooting.

I played Destiny 2 for a long time before moving to warframe.

I understood what her weakness was. All characters are about the same. The differences are decorative. All weapons are the same - only visual differences. Does the game have PvP? This is because the differences are minimal.

And so I switched to warframe. Warframe is a game where you can have fun. In which you can collect unkillable stuff, and it was really fun! I burned the enemies from the flamethrower, shot them with explosive arrows, destroyed them in every imaginable and inconceivable ways.

But then the developer comes. And he says: I want to average the capabilities of weapons. That it was HONEST in relation to other players that you were not too strong.

I realized that the warframe is on the Destiny-2 track. To averaging. To depersonalization. To balance. To ... the same players and the same weapons. Different in appearance and effects, but equally uninteresting.

A good developer, faced with the fact that everyone prefers a funnier, more interesting and more powerful weapon, does not cut its characteristics. A good developer, on the contrary, improves on old weapons so that it is also fun, also beautiful, also interesting ...

There must be no balance in the PVE game. The quality of the content is determined by how interesting it is to the players, and not how much everything is averaged and how much the players are equal.

The developers decided to act like they have a PvP game, and make a balance.

What for?

• Like 2
  • [DE]Rebecca locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic