Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

6 минут назад, -Sandman сказал:

I think if someone really wanted to spam the rate the of fire they still would. To deal with the rate of fire by not changing the rate of fire to me is illogical. This is akin to an automaker saying their vehicle is not able to be slowed down effectively so instead of tweaking the braking system or limiting acceleration/speed they decide to reduce the fuel tank size. The fact that it could work doesn't make it a smart solution. 

And then we set with an interval of 2.5 seconds 3 tablets to replenish ammunition, and 30 seconds can shoot from Brumm more often than before.

Or we increase the selection of ammunition using abilities and mods, and again spam.

This is the most illogical solution to the problem of a too high rate of fire that I could imagine.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb -Sandman:

I think if someone really wanted to spam the rate the of fire they still would. To deal with the rate of fire by not changing the rate of fire to me is illogical. This is akin to an automaker saying their vehicle is not able to be slowed down effectively so instead of tweaking the braking system or limiting acceleration/speed they decide to reduce the fuel tank size. The fact that it could work doesn't make it a smart solution. 

It may be illogical for you, but it works. 

Example acceltra

As I stated before:

this mess with Kuva Bramma is entirely DE fault.

Why? Because they went and addressed the wrong problems!

- Self damage with its issues:

> Oneshotting oneself when enemies need 5+shots to die = disproportionate punishment to benefit ratio;

> Getting downed due to selfdamage because someone  bulletjumped in the way and then left you there to rot;

> Getting oneshot because an NPC, pet (own or other's), crossed over at the wrong moment;

> Enemies being unaffected by selfdamage;

All of the above, excluded the last point, was substantially solved by shieldgating and improvements in explosive weapons trigger mechanics, removing selfdamage was unneeded.

As it was stupid adding self stagger and damage falloff on weapons that were already mediocre.

(Lenz in particular was doubly screwed due to both explosion falloff - on an implosion bow - and changes in status procs - now its innate cold proc doesn't keep enemies in explosion range anymore)

- Kuva Bramma topping all usage charts, only due to DE lack of foretought:

> low MR players are able to access and use it before its intended MR, they have no reason to use anything else after getting it except for mastery ranking;

> MR 5 players being able to obtain what should be an MR 20+ weapon, it trivializes the entire star chart then

> no selfdamage or downsides on a AoE weapon with huge radius and better draw speed than most bows -> top tier weapon, obvious from the drawing board

Kuva Bramma would have been balanced better by a lower draw speed or by having only the option of manually airbursting its arrows (like a penta), while cutting back a bit on visual effects (Mirage EXISTS and people is unable of toning down annoying color combinations).

All of this stinks.

Why? Because these changes have been done AFTER  all potential interest and hype about Kuva Lich system died out (due to being a boring grindfest).

This leads to think that it was the usual "bait and swithc" again.

I have jet to try my Bramma with its new limitations, probably the changes (except the ammo one) won't be too bad, still it's how it's being done that irks me: bad decisions doubling up on lack of foretought and a stupid, mulish perseverance in not doubling back and redo things right!

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Bandileros:

And then we set with an interval of 2.5 seconds 3 tablets to replenish ammunition, and 30 seconds can shoot from Brumm more often than before.

Or we increase the selection of ammunition using abilities and mods, and again spam.(2)

This is the most illogical solution to the problem of a too high rate of fire that I could imagine.(1)

1.Again you only look at a part of the problem.

2. Then we have no problems with nerf, or not.

3. Like I said, we can nerf rate of fire and ammunition capacity. I will still play that weapon

9 минут назад, (PS4)Svenx13 сказал:

It may be illogical for you, but it works. 

Example acceltra

No, this is not so. Instead of changing the weapon in such a way as to stop spam attacks, they changed it so that they ceased to use it at all.

This is not a solution to the problem, it is a way to get away from solving the problem - just make the weapon non-playable.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Rook117 said:

This I agree with.

It is also too easily accessible especially when ANYONE can just buy it without putting in any work.

Thats kinda cheap.

What do you mean? people still have to vanquish the lich they bought with the weapon. The only part they skipped was finding the weapon, and let's be honest, that doesn't require that much time nor huge effort, just run Cassini until it pops. I agree it was easily accessible but they should have fixed that way earlier with the MR requirement actually being put to use and not just for shows. People having access to "endgame"-strong weapons shortly after they join the game trivializing all the progress, when most new players struggle with regular loadouts during their first run of star chart.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

What do you mean? people still have to vanquish the lich they bought with the weapon. The only part they skipped was finding the weapon, and let's be honest, that doesn't require that much time nor huge effort, just run Cassini until it pops. I agree it was easily accessible but they should have fixed that way earlier with the MR requirement actually being put to use and not just for shows. People having access to "endgame"-strong weapons shortly after they join the game trivializing all the progress, when most new players struggle with regular loadouts during their first run of star chart.

Well the thing is people realize they can get their squad to kill the lich for them, and they just only have to go in for the finishers.

People be leeching.

Elementary my dear Watson.

On 2020-06-09 at 5:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are doing a comprehensive review of this issue that players are raising to see what the next steps are. 

Well what if u alr hv kuva weapons but don’t reach the MR requirement can u keep it because I helped my friend get 5 kuva weapons and it would be a shame for him to lose them

2 минуты назад, TrueShinobi1335 сказал:

Well what if u alr hv kuva weapons but don’t reach the MR requirement can u keep it because I helped my friend get 5 kuva weapons and it would be a shame for him to lose them

Why now does he need this weapon? It does not cost the occupied slot of the main weapon.

Dissappointment. If they would give as good weapons, not so many player would use the Bramma. But you know what, for you guys it still wouldn't matter. You always nerf the few usable weapons, and think we might will use the tons of crappy ones what you offer instead. But nope. You introduced the pure RNG bullsh*t riven mods, what nothing else but pain in the *rse, and seeing how many player sells it for thousends of platinums its threatening. You onces said, don't want to put slot machin in the game, but somehow you still managed to find a place for them. Nice, moneyfriendly, pay 2 win environment, in a game what not even pvp focused. GJ

My suggestion, don't nerf the good weapons, but give us more alternatives what we could use!

On 2020-06-09 at 7:27 AM, (XB1)Avant Solace said:

I'll be honest. All this sounds good, except the ammo cut. All it really does is just strongarm people into using Carrier to make up the difference. Damage and AoE reduction is fine, but making people scramble for a single ammo drop is a bit much.

People *should* be using Vigilante Supplies in the bramma's exilus slot to enchance crits anyway if they want the most from their bramma... Ammo problems solved.

Kuva weapons should be the useful endgame weapons, but still u need to use a magnifying glass to find good ones between them. After we lost bramma, u might need a microscope

If the reason would be only the visual effect, like u stated, u've only removed the visual effects. Nope, just admit it, the Russians took over, and you don't want to give us anything fun, especially not for free 😉

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Svenx13 said:

I assure you despair knows no bounds

I wouldn't know, cuz after 2000 hours I still haven't gotten [Despair] 

edit:

Does it even exist? Is despair really a weapon? So many ironies in here. 

50 minutes ago, slindagor said:

Kuva weapons should be the useful endgame weapons, but still u need to use a magnifying glass to find good ones between them. After we lost bramma, u might need a microscope

If the reason would be only the visual effect, like u stated, u've only removed the visual effects. Nope, just admit it, the Russians took over, and you don't want to give us anything fun, especially not for free 😉

I would love to see DE publish the actual usage charts and Bramma related sales charts and see how it correlates to these changes. I will gladly remove my tin foil hat then. 

26 минут назад, -Sandman сказал:

I wouldn't know, cuz after 2000 hours I still haven't gotten [Despair] 

edit:

Does it even exist? Is despair really a weapon? So many ironies in here. 

What is the conversation about?
What is despair?

4 минуты назад, The-Jam1nator сказал:

Could of at least leave it at 10/14 ammo, but 5? That is way to low, the weapon doesn't even do the damage to justify the ammo capacity changes.

Because in this case the weapon could still be used at least somehow.

The developers decided not to nerf, but to make it unplayable. Instead of getting rid of the problem, they decided to get rid of the weapon.

And now they pretend that they do not understand why this is all unhappy?

Archived