Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

11 minutes ago, The-Jam1nator said:

Could of at least leave it at 10/14 ammo, but 5? That is way to low, the weapon doesn't even do the damage to justify the ammo capacity changes.

It's called low-balling. Offer a ridiculously low offer to appease those who want it to be 0, and then later compromise for those who want it to be 100; in hopes that a final figure of 50 will make the 0 wanters say "well its not so bad, at least the blinding lights are gone" and the 100 wanters say "well its not as bad as that first change so I will take what I can get". 

All the while, its really so that you will take the time to realise you NEED to be posting "WTB unrolled Primary catchmoon riven PMO". 

As someone who uses the Bramma as my main primary, the cluster reduction is really not that big of a deal when they barely cause damage compared to the main explosion. The cluster actually staggers me more times than the main explosion when I have to set of the Bramma in my face because I'm getting overrun. The ammo reduction I can't comment on yet because I always had ammo conversion on it and it's not like I usually get in the enemies faces with a melee weapon to begin with most of the time and leave the Bramma for a cluster of enemies and stronger enemies who I don't want to get close to. The explosion radius increase might be helpful since all the damage is caused by the main explosion anyways. And it being visually busy is kind of a problem that my friend tells me about when I set off one of the arrows near him, but I just switch to my melee and that's it. I like using explosive weapons but the Bramma is the only one I can actually use in high levels. And I'm still hurt over that fact that the Kuva Ayanga blows up 10m away from where I'm standing and the damage is just low. And not only the Ayanga but the Imperator Vandal. Maybe it's just because I don't have good Archwing Mods but I feel like I wasted my time Raising my standing with Solaris United to 5. Overall please make more explosive weapons useful so I can actually switch to something else I like and please buff Archwing weapons so that the best thing from them isn't the little activation scene.

And another fun weapon to play nerf thanks to DE for making weapons without testing them.

Before nerfed catchmoon, now howl what next? Kronen? Dual Kamas?

I can already see that the next broken weapons will be the weapons that nobody uses like Braton vandal, latron etc ...

The only thing that could change the bramma was the bullets for now with 5 or people can go to a long tileset without spending all the bullets but at least the primary kitguns will be a good innovation ....

39 минут назад, (XB1)AeroTurner5150 сказал:

Thanks, I hope this curbs its use. Was tired of seeing the weapon everywhere.

Remove everything that is popular and fun. The game should become boring. Remove something that brings happiness to people from the game - it's annoying nerds.

3 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

Remove everything that is popular and fun. The game should become boring. Remove something that brings happiness to people from the game - it's annoying nerds.

What is the problem with players using popular weapons? It is the fault of the DE that made the weapon and then the nerf pacthes ...

7 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

It wasn't really that fun. It was used because it was easy.

It made parts of the game easy, but I didn't use it in every mission despite it being such a powerful weapon. It wasn't REALLY super fun to use. Everybody saw the nerf coming, and rightfully so, because it was super powerful.

Now try other weapons, like the Quanta Vandal. 🥰

16 minutes ago, (XB1)AeroTurner5150 said:

It wasn't really that fun. It was used because it was easy.

It made parts of the game easy, but I didn't use it in every mission despite it being such a powerful weapon. It wasn't REALLY super fun to use. Everybody saw the nerf coming, and rightfully so, because it was super powerful.

Now try other weapons, like the Quanta Vandal. 🥰

You right.

2 hours ago, _CrYsTaL_ said:

What is the problem with players using popular weapons? It is the fault of the DE that made the weapon and then the nerf pacthes ...

Refer to my posts above, your comments summarizes it perfectly. It was designed that way to be that way and was left that way. Really the players have no control over that unless the next update brings a popularity meter/mechanism in game? And even with that saying don't use what's popular because it popular is logic to make your brain explode. It's kinda sad to see the "Nerf X" threads get taken seriously more often than the "Buff/Rework Forgotten item X" threads, and in this case if the Bramma usage was 3 times as popular then based on the small number of posts against it here, then only an extremely small minority had a problem with it.   

Saying that they are Nerfing based on popularity under the guise of enhancing player experience is counter-intuitive as the people who are affected the most are the ones who actually used it. How does reduced damage or ammo affect the players who are not even using it? The visual effects could have easily been toned down ages ago without touching anything else, but that was never on the cards. Which again begs the question of the real motives behind it. (Re: the financial factors, which I've always said that if changes are made out of financial viability I am totally fine with that, provided they come clean from the get go).

Sure it fits well with the narrative that the detractors have cleverly crafted here, but saying that's the reason why while the umpteen other nukes and milllion crit items in the game remain untouched is just confirmation bias and downright dissonant. On this same point for those who said the use of the weapon steals their kills, then I'm happy to see that DE at least upgraded them from their noob status. 

1 минуту назад, VeraElena сказал:

Literally the only thing you have to do is equip an ammo mutation mod. Or just bring carrier.

I don't get why people complain about the mini-nerf.

Firstly - it works very poorly and makes the weapon useless in the first slot. A 5-shot weapon at most is an auxiliary weapon.
Secondly - yes, we say that there are many ways to continue spam attacks.

That is, instead of solving the problem, they simply ruined a completely different characteristic that has nothing to do with the spam problem. You can apply three consumables to restore cartridges and continue to play as before.

Logic tells me - if you have a problem with an excessive rate of fire - lower the rate of fire.
If you have problems with excessive visual effects, remove them.

But no, instead they decided to reduce the playability of the weapon so that users simply drop it. And if nobody uses it, then there is no problem, right?

I think Kuva Bramma needed a nerf, no questions. I'm not sure if this was the proper way to do it: by reducing ammo and bomblets. But I'm not the game dev, you guys are, and I don't have any better ideas myself other than just lowering damage output.

Running out of ammo is always a pain in missions, and just kills your momentum and fun. That's one of the things that made full-auto weapons so hard to enjoy in the past (before increased ammo pools per gun and weapon exilus slots). Out of the ways to balance a weapon, I feel like abysmal ammo count is a gameplay sin that should be avoided.

12 минут назад, Endorphinz сказал:

I think Kuva Bramma needed a nerf, no questions. I'm not sure if this was the proper way to do it: by reducing ammo and bomblets. But I'm not the game dev, you guys are, and I don't have any better ideas myself other than just lowering damage output.

Running out of ammo is always a pain in missions, and just kills your momentum and fun. That's one of the things that made full-auto weapons so hard to enjoy in the past (before increased ammo pools per gun and weapon exilus slots). Out of the ways to balance a weapon, I feel like abysmal ammo count is a gameplay sin that should be avoided.

These are the basics of all shooters. If a player experiences problems with ammunition, he cannot fully enjoy the game. Instead of fun, he is stressed.

Therefore, in all shooters, ammunition is scattered in huge numbers on the maps. This is a canon dating back to the first DOOM, and confirmed by many games.

Sometimes developers of individual games wanted to make players feel stressed due to lack of ammunition - in this case, players simply stopped playing because they were stressed at home, at work, and came into the game to FUN, ENJOY AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!

True, there are people who have little stress in life. And such people love games that keep them in constant tension. There are many hardcore games for such people, but a warframe is not a hardcore game. Even at 1000+ levels, this game does not require superpowers, but thinking through tactics and teamwork.

That's what I once liked about a warframe. You do not have to be superman, and spend years on the game to play well. It is enough to be able to think, learn, and many, many, many, farm.

10 hours ago, Maganar said:

Again, this is a place you lose me.

The Bramma has a higher base damage then the Lenz. However, due to how hunter munitions works, which is part of the currently best builds I can find for either the Lenz, or the Bramma, the Lenz is beating pre nerf Bramma.

I'm slowly forma-ing my lenz. Then comparing the bramma with the same mods compared to the Lenz.

Here the Lenz one shot the level 140 gunner. Do you think the Bramma performed better or worse with the same mods?

I'll compare the two with full builds either today or tomorrow. But as it stands, Pre-nerf Bramma has already been beat.

I have a challenge for you. . Using a bramma. (No warframe ability buffs, no corrosive projection etc.) Try to find a bramma build better then hunter munitions. Challenge #2 find the "weakest" bramma build that can perform the same as the lenz.

5 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

and came into the game to FUN, ENJOY AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Even worse are the persons who try to make the argument about things being unrealistic in game about flying telepathic superpower space ninjas. 

38 минут назад, (PS4)UltraKardas сказал:

The Bramma has a higher base damage then the Lenz. However, due to how hunter munitions works, which is part of the currently best builds I can find for either the Lenz, or the Bramma, the Lenz is beating pre nerf Bramma.

I'm slowly forma-ing my lenz. Then comparing the bramma with the same mods compared to the Lenz.

Here the Lenz one shot the level 140 gunner. Do you think the Bramma performed better or worse with the same mods?

I'll compare the two with full builds either today or tomorrow. But as it stands, Pre-nerf Bramma has already been beat.

I have a challenge for you. . Using a bramma. (No warframe ability buffs, no corrosive projection etc.) Try to find a bramma build better then hunter munitions. Challenge #2 find the "weakest" bramma build that can perform the same as the lenz.

It seems you did not understand the meaning.
This is not a competition, which weapon is better. There is a weapon that is better than the bramma in damage, but the bramma was fun and I liked it.

I liked it all - the ballistic trajectory of the arrow, BOOM_BOOM sounds, and the fact that the feeling of shooting from it was as fun as burning enemies from Ignis.
The designer who created it needs to be given an Oscar for the best visual effects.

Lenz ...

Well yes. Probably. But playing with him is not fun, although he is no worse than BC in terms of damage ...

But it's just a bow. This is not BOOM_BOOM_KID!
360?cb=20160812100156&path-prefix=ru

15 hours ago, (PS4)Rook117 said:

the idea is to force players to “aim” as Space Mom says.

Not Spam K. Bramma to Win.

Youre just gonna have to learn to play without a crutch.

Yeeeah, cuz you know exactly how I play based on a 3 sentence paragraph. Not that you're entitled to it, but for a brief explanation allow me to liberate some ignorance from betwixt your ears. The Bramma is a fun weapon, and as is obvious from this nerf, a popular one. It is also a very imprecise weapon, made even more so with multi-shot and targets farther than around 20 meters or so requiring some "windage" to arc the shot more or less in the area you want it to hit.

A capable gamer takes all that into account. And I haven't an issue with it. But with regard to your "git gud" inspiration, it may or may not impinge upon your vaulted opinion that not every player is equally gifted, and some have certain deficits to overcome to play the game. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I am an older gamer (as may be safely surmised by my user name) and consequently have to deal with the ravages of age and infirmity that others may not. To wit, my eyesight isn't what it once was and I have severe arthritis which makes snap-style aiming a skosh difficult at times. And while I don't "spam to win", I will be first to admit my shots are often less than accurate as I would prefer. But we all have our little crosses to bear, don't we?

Thanks for your timely insight. It was much appreciated. 😜

This game developers just listen %10 Cryin persons and makes changes. They dont think happy %90 of community and makes changes. I dont like this changes. Makes this MR20 or higher and harder to get.. so no body can claim easyly. İts just PVE game not have PVP . Why PPL's crying too much ?. We are not your mom and here is not a cry wall ..

I've been using the Bramma a lot since I got it about a week ago, even managing to hunt enough Bramma-wielding liches to get it to 60% Radiation and investing the full 5 forma into it. It's an extremely fun and powerful weapon and after having used it post-nerf I can safely say it's still fun and powerful. This is a good nerf, the right kind of nerf. No meddling with the stats(crit/status/dmg), just toning down the overall functionality, making it less over-the-top.

However, I would like to suggest some potential slight tweaks because even though the nerfs are fair, they also hit the weapon pretty hard:

Increase base explosion radius by 20-25%
Increase cluster grenade radius from 3.5m to 5m
Increase cluster grenades from 3 to 4
Increase ammo count from 5 to 7 or 8

Any one (or possibly two) of these changes would make a great compromise between pre- and post-nerf Kuva Bramma.

2 hours ago, VeraElena said:

Literally the only thing you have to do is equip an ammo mutation mod. Or just bring carrier.

I don't get why people complain about the mini-nerf.

It doesn't really work in high end missions like sorties. The issue isn't the 5 shots, it's the fact that all ammo drops give the Bramma 1 arrow now. In low end missions, where enemies die in huge groups with one shot? It hasn't changed. But in a mission where enemies take multiple shots to kill, even if you hit them dead on, you suddenly have a problem. For those missions,  I'm being forced to bring carrier AND Ammo Drum, a mod I never thought I would have to use. I don't think many people read the nerf properly and are under the assumption that Bramma just has less overall ammo, when in reality it has less ammo and receives FAR less than before. It's quite harsh and is the only part of the nerf I think should be slightly revised.

Archived