Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

An MR1 player won't even have mods like Fanged Fusillade from the get-go, they'll also be lacking the Endo & Credits required to max out most of the important damage mods like Serration & Primed Pressure Point. Even if they were to acquire certain Primes from the Vault via direct purchase, they'd still be lacking the necessary mods that make weapons like the Tigris Prime truly shine.

That's a cop-out to what I asked. The same rule applies to any player who happens to not have the specific mods that would make a weapon shine. Furthermore, Arcanes and frame abilities that boost damage create an artificial performance ballpark if we go by "what you need to make a weapon shine" as the a Stug will deal more damage when used by Rhino than when used by Exalibur.

If you're not equalizing for mods by either removing them all or giving them the same then you are side-stepping base performance being tied to MR rank because you don't like it when an MR2 wepon gets outclassed by an MR13 weapon.  

You don't have to worry so much about being rendered irrelevant by a new guy when they lack the essentials in the first place, the progression wall already does that job for you. A new player is typically trying to understand the dozens of foreign mechanics that the game throws at them, they're probably still trying to figure out what the Codex even is. They won't have the time to be overly ambitious.

I have no idea where you're coming from or the point you're trying to make here. A new player's experience has absolutely nothing to do with base damage ballparks. You can remove them from the equation completely by having a MR29 player who decided to sell all weapons above MR2 and drop them on earth and have the same result.

What I'm demanding is proper balance in accordance to existing weapons, weapon classes, the specific gimmicks tied to the faction & the variants that exist. 

Define "proper balance" in the context of having different damage ballparks that ensure early-game weapons will not be able to compete with late-game weapons all else being equal.

That's still my initial request and you are yet to propose a solution to this problem. Removing ranks is not an acceptable solution because it effectively means all damage is equalized to the point you might as well never stop using the Furis all the way to Arbitrations simply because you have "better mods".

Weapons in the Mk 1. category are specifically meant to act as tutorial gimmicks, thus they'd never be able to come close to the potential of all the other weapons. A Mk 1. Braton shouldn't outperform the regular Braton under most circumstances. A Braton Vandal should improve upon the Braton's base with a slight jump in damage & tweaks to status and/or crit, keeping into account other side-grades like Wraiths. Primes, Kuvas & whatever other faction variants come later should serve as the peak, the most beneficial when optimized, but they shouldn't just serve as power creep options. 

If the MK-1 Braton is outperforming the Braton then either the MK-1 Braton is too strong or the Braton needs a buff. The question then becomes, how does the Braton perform in relation to other weapons in its own MR bracket? If it performs just as well then that means that the outlier here is the MK-1 version and it needs to be nerfed. Otherwise it should get a buff. 

Weapons that lack variants have to fit somewhere between the base & Prime categories in order not to be made completely useless. That's where Stug falls into play. It's a Grineer weapon with no particular variants that improve upon the original, it also has problematic mechanics that make it incredibly difficult to use beyond playing alone & in low-level missions. Try getting a kill with this worthless thing in Hydron with a full squad.

And that's a problem you are creating by ignoring MR weapon tiers. Those other players are not using the Stug for a reason. What's the performance if all 4 of you do?

Certain weapon classes tend to excel while others falter immensely. Snipers would logically be able to flourish in long-ranged engagements, rifles in medium-range, and shotguns in close-range, but certain shotguns render their rifle & sniper counterparts irrelevant even with the threat of fall-off. Braton Prime doesn't even come close to the potential of the Tigris Prime, no Primed rifle really does. 

An MR8 weapon is leagues below an MR13 weapon? What's the problem there? Why are you using the Braton Prime instead of the Supra Vandal (MR14) at that point so the gap is narrower? And still, if no other Prime rifle gets close, that's an argument for the Zenith Prime to be made in the MR15 bracket.

Most secondaries also tend to shine above their primary counterparts when they'd normally act as holdout weapons in other games. Variety is a huge concern.

Agreed, secondary mods should be nerfed. Base damage is fine as they don't outperform primaries without them, but their mods have bigger buffs.

There's little reason for most players to try anything different, those different tools just provide MR & add nothing of real value to the player. Meta busting isn't much of a solution when most of the arsenal is lacking. If weapons were balanced to reflect the utmost potential of each faction, perhaps there'd be more of a reason to experiment with other weapons.

I see that as an argument for introducing new weapons filling the niche and function gaps lacking in higher MR damage brackets.

>people that do not understand why a PVE game needs balance

lmfao

Edit to not make the post completely worthless:

After using it some more I feel like the Bramma still does pretty well. The people crying apparently just can't adjust. When using an ammo mutation mod you still have plenty of shots but you still can't just spam it 24/7. More like 22/7.

I want to compare it to the recently released Stahlta.

The Stahlta seems good the way it was released. Very good damage, decent ammo efficiency and good AoE. However it is somewhat slow to use due to the "2 shot magazine" when it comes to the AoE and the delay makes it a bit more awkward.

Compared to the Bramma which had (has): Fast Speed, very good damage, ignorable ammo efficiency, and insane AoE.

While I feel like the nerf was not enough, it seems to have done it's job, Bramma usage fell drastically in my experience.

So, good job on the adjustment. Please continue further balancing weapons and abilities that need it. 

39 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

lmfao

But this is so. Balance is in PvP, where the advantage of one player puts another at a disadvantage.
The balance in a PvE cooperative farm game is stupid. Everyone collects such a weapon that he wants. And plays, enjoying the game. People get a positive experience from the game.

It would be nice if the developers would add a new good weapon, and not remove the one that players like.

In general, it is as stupid as saying that the BFG9000 in DOOM is too powerful. That is why they love her! That is why they love such games - there is a POWERFUL weapon!

39 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

After using it some more I feel like the Bramma still does pretty well. The people crying apparently just can't adjust. When using an ammo mutation mod you still have plenty of shots but you still can't just spam it 24/7. More like 22/7.

The Stahlta seems good the way it was released. Very good damage, decent ammo efficiency and good AoE. However it is somewhat slow to use due to the "2 shot magazine" when it comes to the AoE and the delay makes it a bit more awkward.

Compared to the Bramma which had (has): Fast Speed, very good damage, ignorable ammo efficiency, and insane AoE.

While I feel like the nerf was not enough, it seems to have done it's job, Bramma usage fell drastically in my experience.

So, good job on the adjustment. Please continue further balancing weapons and abilities that need it. 

If you do not like too strong a brahma - why do you play with him?

If you do not like what others play, do not spoil their joy. They don’t touch you, you don’t touch them.

What bothered you in my game? We never even played together! I have never seen you, but you go out and say you need to nerf the weapon that I like.

It's disgusting. If this weapon is too strong for you, take off his mods. First, they will make a weapon with 40K AOE damage, and then they complain that it is too strong.

This is a warframe, not CS: GO or World Of Warcraft, other players do not bother you.

Live as you want and play as you want - but do not bother others to live the way they want.

12 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

But this is so. Balance is in PvP, where the advantage of one player puts another at a disadvantage.
The balance in a PvE cooperative farm game is stupid. Everyone collects such a weapon that he wants. And plays, enjoying the game. People get a positive experience from the game.

It would be nice if the developers would add a new good weapon, and not remove the one that players like.

In general, it is as stupid as saying that the BFG9000 in DOOM is too powerful. That is why they love her! That is why they love such games - there is a POWERFUL weapon!

1. It is not a single player PVE game.
    When 3 people run around with the Bramma (or nuke frames like Saryn) on a Neo Interception , the best thing you can do is go afk. There is nothing for anyone to do anymore when everyone runs around with incredibly overpowered room clearers. Where is the fun in sitting around and waiting?
    "If you do not like what others play, do not spoil their joy. They don’t touch you, you don’t touch them." is simply not true.
    You 'having fun' ruins the fun of the other people in the party. (and don't say "just play solo", that is just stupid.)
  2. Weapon variety is important.
    Everyone using the same stuff is just simply boring. People get tired of it, eventually leaving the game due to boredom.
    Hell, even the Bramma users are eventually going to be bored because the game is too easy.
    Just look at Scarlet Spear and all the people complaining about how boring it was when they themselves were the ones that made it boring by abusing a Limbo specifically built for the mission. You can not trust that type of player to downgrade themselves in order for them or the rest of the team to have fun.

1 hour ago, VeraElena said:

lmfao

So, good job on the adjustment. Please continue further balancing weapons and abilities that need it. 

This is a cooperative game. The selection of opponents is simply one of the functions. And picking up random opponents, spam from a bramma is the smallest of the problems that players face. Inadequate, unable to play, intentionally or accidentally interfering with the mission - this is the problem.

If visual effects bother you, then no one bothers to turn them off. If you are unhappy that their style of play does not fit with your ...

Sorry, but this is not a reason to poison these people’s life and gaming experience.

You do not need to go solo - the game has everything to coordinate your actions. Text chat, voice chat, recruiting, clans, what else do you want?

Understand this. Players are not required to adapt to you. If you want to play with a certain style - play with friends, look for teammates in recruiting, coordinate your actions. But you cannot demand from the whole society that it adapts to your style of play.

If you go out to a public place where there are other people, do not require them to adapt to you. So, as if you are in charge here. If you do not like something that others are doing, do not demand that they be forbidden to do so.

47 minutes ago, VeraElena said:
  1. It is not a single player PVE game.

Except that there is a solo option for the game.

You can choose to play Co-op or alone.

You can also recruit players in recruit tab if you don't want random teammates. One of Warframe's most appealing features is that 99% of the game is completely solo-able. It's not a game where you need 8 to 24 people to do something. Max amount of players ever required for anything is 4.

47 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

1. Weapon variety is important.
    Everyone using the same stuff is just simply boring. People get tired of it, eventually leaving the game due to boredom.
    Hell, even the Bramma users are eventually going to be bored because the game is too easy.
    Just look at Scarlet Spear and all the people complaining about how boring it was when they themselves were the ones that made it boring by abusing a Limbo specifically built for the mission. You can not trust that type of player to downgrade themselves in order for them or the rest of the team to have fun.
  •  

Nope. Weapon variety is important to certain parts of the community, not all. Despite this, there is already plentiful of weapon variety. Most players have a small collection of weapons they enjoy. They put work into these weapons. Most Players don't swap weapons every mission to a new weapon. They stick with a main few.

There exists in Warframe, 2-3 alternatives to the Bramma. The Lenz, (which Ironically enough actually outdamages the Bramma.) Then the Corrinth Prime which can do a 170k Damage AoE with its alt fire mode.

If weapon AoE isn't satisfactory, people can swap to warframe AoE instead.

Warframe can have as much variety as humanly possible. There will always be a meta. The "Meta" will always be "Everyone using the same stuff."

Oh. Btw. Scarlett Spear was boring even without Limbo. The sentient enemies got old after awhile, and defending the same point over and over again was the most efficient way of getting gear. The event wasn't all that fun. The gear from the event was.

Perhaps make the mission more then just "Scan X 100x. Defend point 100x." Mission Variety goes along way to not make something boring.

This really isn't worth the trouble, you can not convince power gamers to not be boring.

The goal of the game is to have fun.

Bramma users make the game not fun for other people.

Bramma hurts the game's health.

It can not get simpler than that.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Except that there is a solo option for the game.

+!

I met with other players only index, because it is difficult to go alone. In all other cases - rarely used a random selection of players. Preferred a clan or friends.

And these people came and said that some others were stopping them, so they should make my favorite weapon non-usable.

And justice for all ....

9 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

This really isn't worth the trouble, you can not convince power gamers to not be boring.

It can not get simpler than that.

I had fun.

But then came the players who use a random selection of the team and said that others interfere with them.

And I was no longer fun.

The goal of the game is to have fun. Players enjoy a certain freedom of action to have fun.

It is also fair to say that you must adapt to them, and not they to you. Because we have equal rights. (except North Korea, but there are no warframe players there. They play hardcore survival IRL)

If you went into the open lobby - this is your problem. No one is obliged to change their playing style for the sake of others. If you feel uncomfortable, ask in the chat. If they refused - you have no right to dictate to them how they should, but how they should not have fun.

2 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

If you went into the open lobby - this is your problem. No one is obliged to change their playing style for the sake of others. If you feel uncomfortable, ask in the chat. If they refused - you have no right to dictate to them how they should, but how they should not have fun.

Congratulations, you have found out why PVE games need balance.

1 минуту назад, VeraElena сказал:

Congratulations, you have found out why PVE games need balance.

No. I don’t understand this.
 Or you do not understand me.
PvE does not need balance. The balance between what and what?

In PvP, it’s clear that a balance is needed because an unfairly strong player interferes with others. Like a cheater.
In WoW, it’s clear that if the farm is made too easy, the auction will be overwhelmed with cheap resources and the world economy wow will collapse from the crisis of overproduction.

What balance can there be in a warframe? If you make a weapon too strong, will it make the game uninteresting? Hahaha, then do not use it!
There are people who do not want the game to keep them in suspense - let them rejoice if this weapon pleases them!

The goal of the game is not the achievement of the goal, but the pleasure received in the process. For someone who has played too much, only hardcore, only difficulties, can be fun - but why should the game adapt to them and take away weapons that are too light in their opinion?

Once I went skyrim without killing. Almost - one npc from the entire game world must be killed by the player.
It was a long, difficult, but interesting.

Imagine if I started to whine that you need to remove weapons from the game in general, because it makes the game too easy?

Yes, that would be extremely stupid. But this is exactly what is happening here - players who do not know how to communicate with other people, who have played the warfare, who are tired of it, and who want a hardcore, complain that the game has become too easy with a brahma.

That is why I called them toxic.

29 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

Hate to break it to you, chief. Different people have different opinions of fun.

Myself for the example loves power gaming. But I try to fight against the strongest enemies in the game, then bring my overpowered gear when I want to make boring missions faster. I've fought enemies that have literal millions of health. I even fought a level 9,999 enemy that took over an hour to kill with viral procs.

What level enemies do you fight? In my opinion, I can't convince casual gamers not to be boring. They never fight any enemies above level 150. They rarely fight enemies above level 50. Low level enemies are so incredibly boring.
I think you are a casual warframe player 🙂

18 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

Actually no, a very small minority of persons are complaining based on the usage stats of the weapon; and a large proportion of the detractors are speaking out while many of the supporters aren't. The visuals being an issue I understand and which in my opinion still hasn't even been properly fixed. If other players in a mission stealing your kills is your issue, you are probably only playing low level content, Bramma should be low on your list of your problems as there are many other worse map clearing nukes still existing. 

19 minutes ago, VeraElena said:

The goal of the game is to collect loot and do it as fast as possible, there is no room for fun. But to indulge your logic, If doing exactly what the Bramma does is fun for 3 times as many players as you, then why should it be changed? 

5 минут назад, VeraElena сказал:

See? Can't convince power gamers. They'll continue to make it boring for the rest of us in Warframe, tabletop games and literally every other coop PvE game.

You know, I really don't want to offend anyone.
But I have to say that. I hope you forgive me my rudeness and frankness ...

People can talk. And even chatting! In the warframe, they have clans and voice chat. And text chat.
There is recruiting. And besides the warframe, there is a big, big world. It has a lot of people who are not averse to talking to you.

If you don’t want to be alone, try talking to people. I have about 20 friends in a warframe. We are talking. Voice. We communicate well, and if I don’t like something, I ask them not to.

If you learn to communicate with people, and not just demand that the whole society change to please you, then your life will be much more pleasant.

Sorry for the frankness. But I had to tell you this.

Oh yes, and Santa Claus doesn’t exist.

1 минуту назад, VeraElena сказал:

Jesus Christ, not worth the trouble even trying to argue against stupid stuff like that.

At the end of the day, the Bramma was barely changed. Just adjust and equip ammo mutation.

And if there is no difference - then it will not be difficult to return everything back? And nothing will change? Let them do it.

The use of such mods is the first thing that comes to mind. And no, that doesn't work. It still breaks the whole style of play. It will just keep users busy. This is very annoying.

The maximum level of mobs on the world map is 50, then the concepts of "easy" and "difficult" depend solely on your skills. On level 4000 mobs, the infestoid mucus will kill you with a one-shot.
If you are on a low-level mission with endgame weapons and complain that playing is too easy ...

I don’t even know what to say to such people ...

2 hours ago, VeraElena said:

Jesus Christ, not worth the trouble even trying to argue against stupid stuff like that.

At the end of the day, the Bramma was barely changed. Just adjust and equip ammo mutation.

Ammo mutation mods have been castrated as well, providing much less ammo than normal due to DE decision of 1 arrow/sniper ammo packet

Kuva Bramma issues are visual pollution (that DE barely lessened removing some of the bomblets) and obscene rate of fire (unchanged)

Anything else is a lot of bull.

Ah, and the fact that an MR15 weapon can get in the hands of MR5 players that will use it as a crutch for the entire starchart, completely derailing usage stats

The bramma nerf is a bit hard on the weapon as a usable tool of the game. I get that it's strong and needs balancing, fine, not saying it doesn't. In my running of the weapon so far I've tried accommodating various builds with ammo capture and increased ammo maximum even but the main issue I'm having now is twofold. In my play style with the weapon (which is not just shoot everywhere) I get very easily neutered on using it as 5 is too low an ammo cap to remain useful. It's happened a couple times where I can shoot the enemy, not kill enough to spawn ammo drops and now my primary weapon is useless until I pick up more ammo. In mid-fight I have to adapt my strategy to get more ammo else i become quickly useless to my team mates. Now I play primarily on open worlds not closed maps, I can't say for certain if that happens in closed maps but being out on the open world it becomes very frustrating very quickly to balance ammo usage with not dying and feels not at all intuitive. I think if the gun was to be balanced there should be nothing wrong with pulling back the kablammo impact it has to something more manageable. Making it 5 shots (9 with ammo upgrade) can still create some scenarios when playing (both solo and co-op) where the bow runs out of ammo and if you're other tools are not good enough then your useless and playing a game of run around and see what you can get from chests. This could do with some tweaking, I honestly feel even just two more ammo maximum to 7 maybe 8 would be easier to manage (with ammo mod pushing that to 12/13 at the cost of a mod slot. also ammo mutation works but that's its own investment as well but I can't see a real reason to say mutation is your answer in this regard because a weapon should stand on its own merits not on the merits of 'well you equip this mod and the problem disappears'). Keep the rest of the power where it is, the same feeling is there like AOE and impact on enemies but as soon as you slip or don't get ammo man, it sucks. It sucks big time to be at a loss in the game that way.

The other big problem with this 're-balancing' is the loss of investment on this. It feels nothing short of disheartening to have been excited for a weapon, to believe it would be end game material, invest 2-3 weeks worth of time, effort, 5 forma, specific lens, credits, endo and an orokin catalyst for now to basically have the weapon I invested in removed from my owning. It really f-ing sucks man. This was supposed to be my end game, have fun with, really jive with weapon. and now I can't, this ammo issue really neuters the weapon for me but usability aside I don't even get an option of saying 'hey we changed your weapon, here are the changes would you like to keep the weapon and changes or cash it in and get your invested bits back because we're changing it on you'. Like that sucks balls man. I don't want to be mean but investing a month or more worth of time and effort and resources that you planned out, grinded for and invested into this weapon are now lost. And before you try and say they're not lost they're still in the weapon you love, they're not, the weapon is changed and not what I invested my time into. and I don't even get an option of resetting my weapon to nil or even giving it up and getting what I put into it. That sucks so much, I have less than anything nice to say about that. I get that DE need to balance the game but you're not taking away our toys that we have fun with it to re-balance them you're also taking away all the effort and materials that went into them and saying 'we changed this for the good of the player base, unfortunately you lose all the effort and materials you put into it too. tough luck kiddo'. I'm ok with changing stuff for the good of the playerbase but man, I am salty af about the lack of care shown to players who invested alot of their time, effort and resources into a weapon only to have it changed from underneath them with no warning (in game in any way, WTH guys that's not new tech to have something that says your gear has changed. I shouldn't have to come out to a search engine to find updates to the game that are relevant to me and read several A4 of notes just to confirm that my weapon has changed. Just a note that says "these X gear items you have in your inventory/setup are changed/ go to this URL for more info.' would be nice.). 

Also if anyone gonna quote me and say 'blah blah blah youre a bramma player blah blah" whatever, my points still stand if it was any other weapon. It's rubbish feeling to have your weapon changed with no prior warning and suddenly be unsure you can play at the level you were playing at a couple days ago. It's also a rubbish feeling to have your hardwork and investment be taken away from you without an ability to say "would you like to stick with this new setup or reset it?" so I could at least roll my hard work into a new weapon to stay at the level I was at playwise.

10 минут назад, whelandexter сказал:

The bramma nerf is a bit hard on the weapon as a usable tool of the game.

They did not nerf. They made the weapon non-usable. So that playing with him is just uncomfortable.

No weapons - no problem.

In general, talking about the balance of weapons in a PvE-cooperative game is silly.
Moreover, there are many, many other things in the game that make imbalance much more. Riven mods, frames adapted for the mass destruction of opponents ...

It’s just PvE without PvP, without a complex economy inside.

We followed the lines of toxic nerds, who impose their opinions on everyone and demand that DE for them nerf weapons to other players, because they, you see, are unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, Bandileros said:

They did not nerf. They made the weapon non-usable. So that playing with him is just uncomfortable.

No weapons - no problem.

In general, talking about the balance of weapons in a PvE-cooperative game is silly.
Moreover, there are many, many other things in the game that make imbalance much more. Riven mods, frames adapted for the mass destruction of opponents ...

It’s just PvE without PvP, without a complex economy inside.

We followed the lines of toxic nerds, who impose their opinions on everyone and demand that DE for them nerf weapons to other players, because they, you see, are unpleasant.

Hate to break it to you, but even single player games have items that are nerfed.
Why? Because its the developers game and if they don't feel like something preforms how they wanted it to they have every right to change it,its no different here.
Having something that is grossly overpowered making everything in your game irrelevant,all the things you worked hard on not even getting a second glance probably doesn't feel very good. 

30 минут назад, Kayll сказал:

Hate to break it to you, but even single player games have items that are nerfed.
Why? Because its the developers game and if they don't feel like something preforms how they wanted it to they have every right to change it,its no different here.
Having something that is grossly overpowered making everything in your game irrelevant,all the things you worked hard on not even getting a second glance probably doesn't feel very good. 

It is unlikely that you will convince me.

Each game has a different weapon. But everything is done with the expectation of a positive gaming experience.
Simply put, if the developer made a mistake and the weapon turned out to be too powerful, it will not be interesting to play with him. It’s like cheating.

And therefore, the developer makes the weapon better by changing its characteristics so that it evokes positive emotions, that is, that it is strong, but not so much that the player loses interest in the game, because he has acquired the most powerful weapon and no longer sees where to develop.

Warframe is a huge sandbox in which the player himself chooses the characteristics of his weapon so that it is the way he wants to see it, with which he is interested to play.

This is the main principle of the game on which the entire warframe is built - you create and modify weapons and warframes for yourself, your playing style, just the way you like it. To receive positive emotions.

And here lies the problem. Those who whined about weapons that were too powerful either did not use them or at first created something wildly powerful, and then began to complain that it was too much for them.

No one stopped them from picking up MK1 weapons and going to arbitration.

That is, what you are saying may be right ... But not for the warframe. Here, to a greater extent, the user configures his own weapons.

The most important argument does not need proof.

I was very interested in playing with the bramma. I was pleased. I felt joy.
This is true. I did not feel bored, because the weapon is too strong - on the contrary, it was that weapon, because of which I decided that I would not delete the warframe.

Then a handful of disgruntled people came out and said that I should lose my favorite weapon. Because they don’t know how to use recruiting, they don’t know how to play solo, they don’t know how to chat, they don’t know how to select teammates in the clan ... and it annoys them that some unknown people put too bright visual effects on the bramma.

That is, I did not bother any of them, none of them had ever even seen me in the game. But they decided for me that I needed to take away my favorite weapon.

It is terribly toxic and disgusting.

В 09.06.2020 в 00:01, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

We will be monitoring feedback after these changes go live to ensure we’ve struck a better balance of having a powerful weapon - but not one that overshadows everything else in the game to the detriment of your squadmates.

Well, so you are convinced that you have reached the perfect balance? or are you not monitoring?

38 minutes ago, Fatheless said:

Well, so you are convinced that you have reached the perfect balance? or are you not monitoring?

Yes they have,they've decided it is still too strong and will be removing all explosive properties from the weapon. 🙂

Archived