Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

If you're giving it the Lenz treatment, I feel that it is only fair that you also include the ammo mutation effect, unless you want to make Carrier mandatory, again, for no real reason other than the fact that your ammo system is RNG based and sloppy, and has been out of date since the game started, much like the enemy AI was when it was redone. All ammo reduction does is either be effectively no change, or so restrictive on explosive weapons that people just flat out stop using them. For instance, the Angstrum's characteristics actively work against itself because allowing people to fire more rockets by building towards that mechanic doesn't have any compatibility with limiting the total amount of ammo it can carry. It's all backwards and slapdash. The Kuva Bramma was already "balanced" in terms of ammo consumption because in high level situations, you would in fact run into the ammo problem just by nature of how the ammo system is broken to begin with. But using two wrongs to make a right is sloppy.

I approve of the other changes for mechanical reasons (it makes way more sense overall to change the explosions to be optimized and efficient), but hard ammo limitations (as opposed to smaller magazine sizes which are okay and make sense) just don't serve any real purpose other than to frustrate players over a poorly designed ammo drop system that has not been changed in forever.

Those changes will barely affect the Bramma, just saying. The people complaining about "overkill" are hilarious.

Balance by ammo limitation and ammo mutation can not be a thing at the same time.

I'd say that is not nearly enough of a nerf.

Maybe if developers actually played their own game then releasing broken systems / weapons wouldn't happen so frequently.

Changes alone - I don't care. I had my fun with Bramma. How about respecting people that invested though and giving option for a refund of all forma + catalyst? Would be nice, considering that with the habit of nerfing to the ground every overpowered untested weapon DE slowly discourages from actually investing into them. Because... why would you risk it? Something to consider, huh?

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

This was a long time coming Im just glad I switched to another AoE weapon before this so its not as much as a let down lol. So until you nerf Kuva Ogris too cheers.

Don't give them a reason to. They might just look into that weapon as well and decide to nerf both at the same time.

Just now, (PS4)lonewolf00708 said:

Don't give them a reason to. They might just look into that weapon as well and decide to nerf both at the same time.

Now if only the Kuva Ogris would be anywhere near as strong as the Bramma they'd have an actual reason

Why did DE made some certain weapons so strong from the beginning, and then just to nerfing them into oblivion, that so much that they became an entirely another weapon then?

I knew that this were bound to happen to 130%, but still it's so bloody annoying that DE so often strips off all fun from the game. So please just don't make the upcoming weapons/frames/companions so OP from the start, that so many players gets angry and disappointed then. Same problem with that DE loves to make new enemies and bosses so unreal OP, so that's almost impossible, and then they had to adjusting for months before it gets a bit more manageable. So much unnecessary amount of times goes to balancing jobs instead of using them to more important things.

Why not also nerfing the dreaded Profit-taker Orb? Easily the hardest and worst designed boss I ever has encountered during my 33 years of gaming... Yiazmat on FF12 is a piece of cake as comparison, it's not even close.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lonewolf00708 said:

Yea I changed my opinion to "change" instead of nerf cause Im gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the change isnt utterly terrible.

People act as if it will become as useful (...) as the stug.

It will still be the most powerful bow, don't fret. If the ammo is too much of a problem, even with carrier, use melee for a few seconds and you're good to go 🙂

As others have said, this was coming and we all knew it.

As someone who uses Bramma and finds it a lot of fun, I don't think these changes will actually gutter the weapon. The initial explosion is the main kicker, so hopefully you can still wipe out crowds, just more deliberately like the opening post says. But I'll have to wait to try them myself. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno -

If you’ve been plugged into the community discourse since the self damage changes, you’ll have seen a lot of discussions about the Kuva Bramma. 

What makes this formerly self-damaging weapon so much more dominant than the others?

It has quickly taken the place at the top of the usage charts - which is where it should be given its acquisition - but the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

We are changing it so that:

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

We will be monitoring feedback after these changes go live to ensure we’ve struck a better balance of having a powerful weapon - but not one that overshadows everything else in the game to the detriment of your squadmates.

You will see these changes in Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol, and we can discuss feedback once they are in your hands.

Until then, Tenno! 

cool killed the bramma -_-  you are already obliged to put form on the weapon kuva to get up the mastery there go nerf because it does not buff the other gun do not come to make excuse that it is easier nerf 1 than buff other weapons

2 hours ago, -TSA-KenSasaki said:

So ppl have Problems with the effects from the Bramma? U ever playd Vauban or other frames with Massive AoE effekts and annoying colours? 
The Weapon does dmg and ppl have Problems with this but Play Mesa and other Weaposn that can Clear full Enemys Weaves?
We Farm a heavy Grind from Liches to get this Weapon, its not like *here the BP und build it* no we need to farm for it and for what? That it is now BullS#&$?
Why do ppl not play other Weapons? The Problem is not that the Bramma dies Tons of DMG and have nice AoE clear, the Problem is that there is nearly NO OTHER Weapon that can do this!
First Remove Self DMG Cause ppl cant play with it and no one would play bramma, now ppl play bramma cuase self dmg is gone and u wonder why so many ppl play this weapon?
Sryly?
I dont think u understand ur own game at the moment...

List of stuff DE killed:

Zenistar, Catchmoon, Nearly all Shootguns, Amps, Arcanes, Statuses like Gas, and now Bramma.
Whats next?

DE has no plans for end game. As long as topics are not reaching a sky high as a concern then DE takes a blind eye to the subject. Its just how the Warframe community flows here sadly. Quick example: I am still waiting for my Nekros army limit to be lifted but that's gone for like 3 years now. No Nekros mains outrage = no changes. Something that are too good/fun will be nerfed.

1 minute ago, FuzzyRamen said:

DE has no plans for end game. As long as topics are not reaching a sky high as a concern then DE takes a blind eye to the subject. Its just how the Warframe community flows here sadly. Quick example: I am still waiting for my Nekros army limit to be lifted but that's gone for like 3 years now. No Nekros mains outrage = no changes. Something that are too good/fun will be nerfed.

the day will come when players had enough with the nerfs and then quit in masses bcs they wont take this crap anymore. and then DE will go down and blame themselfes for it and wish they had not done it at all. mark my words tenno... it will happen

I'd increase number of bombs to 4, but overall this nerf looking good and well deserved.

...not that I'm using Bramma often. Not sure have I even used it last month at all.  

8 minutes ago, Kouden said:

imo.. bows have way too low ammo reserves already, and now you kill the Bramma by making its ammo down to 5 ? have you no shame at all?

give bows more ammo damit !!!

Oy, come on, just stick ammo conversion into exilus slot or use Carrier with his ammo conversion mod. That will increase ammo reserves too.

So...everyone knew it was coming...

It has quickly taken the top spot so the fix is to make it not hold the top spot because...well holding the top spot is bad...very very bad.

DE, just make weapons nobody wants to use because they suck so bad that players keep using the nerfed weapons they have been using that way there is no more "top spot" drama...

We are changing:

1. Less ammo and less ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to not use the weapon anymore
  2. Fewer cluster bombs - Reduces the reason for people to use the weapon
  3. Increase radial attack size - Toss in a "small" upgrade to claim balance
  4. Reduce fall off - So people won't use it as much...the goal of this nerf

I mean...these changes don't seem to be as bad as the Telos Boltace, Tonkor, or Zenistar...oh wait...I haven't used those in so long I forgot what they did in a good way...just like what the Kuva Bramma is going to become...

So DE you don't have to wait for feedback after the changes are out...we know it is going to suck...and you won't change anything...but thanks for the pep talk anyway...

Looking forward to the next nerf of a weapon that forces you to invest 5 forma to max rank it...

And since we lost(?) the "dislike" option...I do not like this!

Archived