Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost 2020

EdDiesel

I believe Frost's abilities require some minor tweaking. To start with the changes made to cold damage I feel Frost's abilities being cold damage types should excel over the typical cold status affect that can be applied by weapons. For example, with 10 stacks of cold status affect an enemy will have up to 70% slow which reduces their movement speed and fire/attack rate. With frost his 1 and 2 aren't really that viable at higher levels with a small exception to using augments which require a warframe slot.

I believe several changes should be made to make Frost's cold damage stand out above the standard status affect every frame has access too if they build for it.

1. Ability 1 Freeze should be able to share the same temporary armor reduction that can be applied by using Avalanche Frost's 4th ability. Freeze is really just the single target version of it. Power strength increase should be shared for both abilities so if a player mods for power strength allowing Avalanche to  70% of the enemies current armor then Freeze should have the same % applied to it, 40% being the base equal to Avalanche.

2. Ability 2 Ice Wave should have the capability of applying slow by default to all enemies hit with an augment up to 70% base. The damage is negligible at higher levels and without any type of utility there is not much use for it without having to use a warframe slot for augment. This could be addressed if Ice Wave had the chance to cause slash status affects due to the sharp ice shards hitting the enemies. Damage scales based on reduced armor.

His 3rd and 4th abilities are in a decent place for now imo. Globe being primarily for defensive purposes and avalanche is great for instant freeze to large groups and armor reduction capability.

I believe these changes would allow Frost's kit to have more synergy between all his abilities no matter what level enemies he fights bringing him up to par with the synergy capability majority of the new and updated frames have.

I believe 8 stacks would put one cast at 60% slow movement and firefate using current cold status affect which could be a reasonable base. Initial idea was just to apply slow movement speed removing the need to use augment to apply that debuff.

Edited by EdDiesel