Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 rage mode or devil trigger idea 2020

EdDiesel

So what else can we add to our warframes to make them even more powerful then they already are. Before answering that I would like to mention how the system could work.

Simply similar to how points are rewarded in K-Drives (perhaps inspired by Tony Hawk Pro Skater) melee rage points or meter can increase based on unique combos performed during combat such as landing a headshot, backflipping, wall attack, finisher, etc. The conditions would be tailored towards rewarding skillful play. Each move depending when and how often used will determine its influence on how many points are earned to increase meter. Once maxed the player can trigger it allowing them to receive a buff that increase each warframe stat by 100% such as duration, efficiency, range, power, increase damage resistance by up to 90% and also increase weapon damage and ability damage by up to 300% for X amount of time maybe 10seconds.This will allow players to continue playing the way they already do with current melee system and provide an additional incentive for skillful play.

Edited by EdDiesel

24 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

I don't think making melee more OP than it is right now is a good idea tqhf.

True, but realistically I  don't see them adding rage mode without packaging it with some defacto nerfs to standard melee.  

Melee can be pretty OP with most builds at the moment. Post mainly inspired by the idea DE brought up when first conceptualizing the idea of melee 3.0 which teased at the idea or a "rage mode" of some type. The weapon damage bonus suggested at 300% can apply to firearm type weapons only and not melee or remove it completely.

see, I would like this kind of rework for exalted melees, rather than regular melee as that's already very powerful. shameless idea plugging time:

I would love Exalted Melees to be reworked into a short duration, but ultra-OP state, like Supers in Destiny. instead of relying on Warframe energy, Exalted weapons would have their own meter that is filled through killing enemies. when the meter is full, pressing 4 unleashes the ability, and allows it to be used for a short time, around 15 seconds or so. the upside is that Exalted Weapons would be buffed to ungodly levels. +1000% crit chance? sure! slash procs dealing 50k damage per tick? why not! Exalted weapons could now be made to be truly insane, and make the player feel a lot more powerful, but at the same time the short duration keeps the power in check. 

no more Excaliburs angrily swooshing through an entire level, now you have to put in a little work, but the payoff would be oh so worth it.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1

I like the concept however a change like that would be dead this far into the games development. Every frame would need an exalted weapon at that point and people who main or play frames With exalted weapons would probably not like the change.