Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

What is actually going on with this Nightwave season?

Els236

Before you think "reeee, another Nightwave hate topic", no thisĀ isn't that šŸ˜›

Ā 

I am seriously wondering what on Earth is actually going on with this Nightwave season and I will explain what I mean with this. This Nightwave season "Glassmaker" is said to be lasting around 12 weeks and focus around a so-called "Crime Scene Investigation" plot.

Now, there are 6 slots on the little C.S.I. wheel on the bottom-right corner of Nora's Nighwave page, which would mean that if this N.W. season is indeed going to last 12 weeks, we should be getting a new crime scene to investigate every 2 weeks, so that we uncover who the "Glassmaker" is by the time week 12, and by extension, this N.W. season, comes to a close.

We are currently on week 5/6 of this season of Nightwave, with those of us who have completed every challenge (and killing a load of Cephalite entities)Ā hitting rank 23-24 out-of 30. In 2 more weeks, I will personally have "completed" this Nightwave and will be well into the Prestige levels.

Ā 

The problem here is that we still only have the initial, original crime scene to investigate! Where are the other 2-3 that we should have by now?Ā 

Some of us are only a fortnight away from obtaining rank 30, yet there are 5 more crime scenes to do... that just isn't well-paced at all!

Ā 

I understand theĀ world is in a bit of a pickle right now and things are being developed at a slower pace, but if the problem is that you (DE) cannot release the follow-up crime scenes for Nightwave due to current events, then I think this was horribly thought-out.

During the planning for Glassmaker, you should have sorted out all the VA and Mo-cap (if any is included) when you did the original crime scene; you should have done it all in one go.

Ā 

Now, even if I'm barking up the wrong tree here and you were waiting for the release of The Deadlock Protocol in order to progress this Nightwave's story, then it was still terribly planned out, as you should have known delays were going to happen with T.D.P.Ā 

What we are now going to get, in all likelihood, is 3-4 crime scenes to do for Nightwave during the release of T.D.P, which is just going to be annoying.

Ā 

Or maybe I'm completely wrong here...Ā 

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

I'm willing to believe that given the recent fiascos DE plans to release each investigation each month, setting this season to last about 6 months like the last intermission.

Not that I like it in the slightest. I still think that if it can't be done without leaving it in the dust for a good bit then we should stick to the basics and forgo the lore component of Nightwave.

I rather have more fluid seasons than an averageĀ filler story. And I'm a great fan of Warframe quests and lore in general.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I still think that if it can't be done without leaving it in the dust for a good bit then we should stick to the basics and forgo the lore component of Nightwave.

In which case we may as well go back to Alerts. They were better paced anyway.

• Like 3

It's Deadlock.

They planned to have the second part of Glassmaker release when it does, and Deadlock Protocol kept getting pushed back.

It's very likely that, as compensation, the third and fourth installments of the system will be a little closer together instead. And thanks to Deadlock going live, they'll have plenty of hotfix windows to deploy them in over the coming few weeks.

I mean, when they accidentally did a Daily reward worth a Weekly reward's amount of Standing, they just corrected that by having a Weekly reward only give what a Daily would give this week.

They're not afraid of ad-hoc compensation with Nightwave.