Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity, Worth It Or Not?

Kodai_no_Senshi

Question

Hey, I am just curious to those of you who own/play with Trinity Warframe, is it worth it or does the suit mainly just collect dust? 

I am interested in it as it seems like it would be helpful with managing your own Health, but also works really nice as a support for your squad.

Trinity of one of those Frames that has infinite god-mode. So yes. She's good.

Edited by Ned_Wiki

Trinity is my favorite and most played frame by far. In my opinion, she is more than valued in squads and if you enjoy supporting the team, she will definitely serve you well.

Just make sure to give her a good amount of shields and health because even with Blessing and Link, you'll more than likely find gaps in casting times that will sweep you off your feet if you aren't careful.

Well, Rhino seems like a brute tank type of Warframe, (from quick glances at its stats) but I generally prefer to play with others rather than alone. I mean I probably will go for and build every Warframe in the game (quite some time down the road), so I will probably get Rhino at some point.

Just a random side note: I think the tutorial of the game goes over just the bare basics and maybe it should prompt if you want to know all of the commands and show them to you (and from other forums a lot of people didn't know how to Walljump), and I was in a game where people were actually talking.. I went into my key bindings to figure out that pressing "T" would allow me to chat. 

Well, Rhino seems like a brute tank type of Warframe, (from quick glances at its stats) but I generally prefer to play with others rather than alone. I mean I probably will go for and build every Warframe in the game (quite some time down the road), so I will probably get Rhino at some point.

He really is a brute tank, I can survive most anything in the game except a direct laser beam hit with Iron Skin off.

But Trinity has arguably more health with Link up than Iron Skin could ever give.

Two guys were arguing about the stats and apparently Trinity has more effective health because the damage is reduced and redirected whereas Rhino just absorbs it.

Just a random side note: I think the tutorial of the game goes over just the bare basics and maybe it should prompt if you want to know all of the commands and show them to you (and from other forums a lot of people didn't know how to Walljump), and I was in a game where people were actually talking.. I went into my key bindings to figure out that pressing "T" would allow me to chat. 

I've talked about this numerous times, and there were a couple threads recently by DE (somebody idk which one) about expanding the tutorial close to or on update 11

Trinity has infinite godmode for your whole squad, especially helpful in Infested missions where people run through toxic clouds.

One of my current favourite frames. Lacks the direct damage abilities (Well of life + energy siphon does damage but meh), but replaces that with great support.

I've talked about this numerous times, and there were a couple threads recently by DE (somebody idk which one) about expanding the tutorial close to or on update 11

Well, even if in the meantime they have a pop-up window or something saying to learn/know more functions look into your keybindings (which Block was unassigned for me, so I assigned it so now I can block if I want to)

Trinity has infinite godmode for your whole squad, especially helpful in Infested missions where people run through toxic clouds.

One of my current favourite frames. Lacks the direct damage abilities (Well of life + energy siphon does damage but meh), but replaces that with great support.

Well, I also have Paris which ignores armor so it packs a big punch (so far) and I love playing with the Paris bow so I guess the support trade-off is worth it in my opinion.

Well, with a Paris you are already support-ish, so a Trinity will likely fit your style.

A Frost should be good too for you. Go in a risky spot in the open, raise shield, proceed to snipe the hell out of anything that peeks out to fire at you.

P.s. please don't change your playstyle. I'm sick of seeing only Rhinos and Novas around that press a button to sweep away anything from the room.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

I've got Rhino and Trinity, and to be honest, I prefer Trinity for when I want to go solo over Rhino. Just personal preference.

Two reasons for this: One Rhino has an absolute cap on how much damage he can absorb, even with energy siphon or rejuvination onboard, they don't regen much, where as link and blessing give trinity an infinite absorbtion as long as you're paying attention, and spamming your energy vampire. And Two, when I go after a boss cause I'm farming blueprints for my next frame, Trinity's energy vampire and well of life can stunlock most of them. And Energy vampire weakens them significantly, while giving me energy to spam my blessing ability. The only bosses this doesn't work on I've found is raptor and lephantus. Raptor is still significantly weakened in overall health by it though, and Lephantus is basically immune to almost all frame abilities anyway. Well except for avalanche, it actually does seem to stun/slow him, but doesn't do any damage.

I actually forma'd my trinity to use Energy siphon as her aura, and then stuck vigor(maxrank) and my highest redirection and vitality on her, which both are just 2 shy of being maxed out yet, and I've got just under 800 shields and 800 hp at rank 30. I'll push up over 800 if I can ever max them out, but that takes tons of cores and credits yet.

So yeah. Trinity is totally worth it, solo or team play shes viable. Mostly defensive and support. Just don't mind the lobster looks of her.

P.s. please don't change your playstyle. I'm sick of seeing only Rhinos and Novas around that press a button to sweep away anything from the room.

The problem is that those kind of play styles are really REALLY encouraged by the game mechanics. Leveling up a frame that doesn't have an AoE insta-kill takes a LOT longer and since every type of mission will have your being swarmed by bad guys at some point, those skills are extremely useful for just staying alive. 

It would be great if there were more people who like playing the more supportive kind of role, but the game doesn't give you any real incentive for doing so and that's a huge shame. Every time that I've been doing something where it felt like my group would actually need someone to support us it was never in the ways that Trinity offers. Things got hard on long Survivals and Defenses, but healing was not what we needed. We needed more damage, and on high levels you need more damage from abilities, because all the good ones ignore armor. So someone being in a Trinity as opposed to anything else would be a downgrade. 

Simply because the game always devolves into each player fighting their own microbattle it's hard to find a place for Trinity inside any random PUG. It's almost certainly different in organised groups with voice comms and stuff so people can call for heals, but when playing with randoms, and definitely if you were hoping to get into the high levels, you would almost always prefer an additional damage frame. 

I'm all in favor of the support role (I always play healers in everything, it feels good to make a difference like that.) but I couldn't even put my Trinity to 30 before I gave up. It just felt so... Blah. People don't even realize when you heal them, and since reviving people puts them to max health anyway it's hard to feel like you are doing anything.

Edit -

Also Trinity look horrible from behind. That kinda weird skirt thing she had going on? Urgh.

Edited by LostAlone

A Frost should be good too for you. Go in a risky spot in the open, raise shield, proceed to snipe the hell out of anything that peeks out to fire at you.

I'll look into getting Frost as well. And I'm not going to change my play style so if you ever want to squad/clan with more of a support style, feel free to message me.

Also Trinity look horrible from behind. That kinda weird skirt thing she had going on? Urgh.

Unfortunately right now the Warframes are designed the way they are. Hopefully they come out with different body style armors for each Warframe (just like with the Helmets, thus giving the players more possibilities of customization and differentiation between most players) 

I've got Rhino and Trinity, and to be honest, I prefer Trinity for when I want to go solo over Rhino. Just personal preference.

Two reasons for this: One Rhino has an absolute cap on how much damage he can absorb, even with energy siphon or rejuvination onboard, they don't regen much, where as link and blessing give trinity an infinite absorbtion as long as you're paying attention, and spamming your energy vampire. And Two, when I go after a boss cause I'm farming blueprints for my next frame, Trinity's energy vampire and well of life can stunlock most of them. And Energy vampire weakens them significantly, while giving me energy to spam my blessing ability. The only bosses this doesn't work on I've found is raptor and lephantus. Raptor is still significantly weakened in overall health by it though, and Lephantus is basically immune to almost all frame abilities anyway. Well except for avalanche, it actually does seem to stun/slow him, but doesn't do any damage.

I actually forma'd my trinity to use Energy siphon as her aura, and then stuck vigor(maxrank) and my highest redirection and vitality on her, which both are just 2 shy of being maxed out yet, and I've got just under 800 shields and 800 hp at rank 30. I'll push up over 800 if I can ever max them out, but that takes tons of cores and credits yet.

So yeah. Trinity is totally worth it, solo or team play shes viable. Mostly defensive and support. Just don't mind the lobster looks of her.

As far as farming Bosses, as Rhino I just walk up to boss, rhino stomp, roar, proceed to unload on him. Usually dead by the time it recovers from the stomp. Rhino stomp also works on Lephantis, creating a significantly larger window for busting down each head's weakspot. Rhino is also extremely good for rushing through missions as he can just ironskin and proceed to walk through knockdowns, lasers, fire/ice missions, poison clouds, etc etc. Just because you have a preference doesn't mean you should give out false information.

Trinity is nice to have for obstacle courses in void(Blessing can help with navigating many laser obstacles), and dealing with extremely high level missions(Such as Defense III Void). In 90% of situations Rhino can perform just as well, if for no other reason than +50% damage for everyone. Solo there's no contest. Rhino is significantly easier to solo grind than any other frame. He has one of the strongest CCs, one of the strongest buffs, and knockdown ignore.

As for the trinity, yes, it's a good frame, but keep in mind it's a support frame with "god mode". That means you won't be doing a lot of damage, or keeping things "manageable". The hardest missions in the game are survival+defense and as far as those go Frost is probably a better frame to have than either Rhino or Trinity. All the frames are viable but at levels 100+ damage abilities barely do anything and CC/survivability is significantly more imporant, just like any game, really. At some point DPS just takes a backseat.

Hoping Trinity gets a Prime frame in the nearish future, myself; I tried her way back when she was less than stellar, and deleted her frame to make room. I've literally got a spare slot waiting for a Prime version of her to show up for me to make up for lost time.

The improvements and tweaks to her have made Trinity look very fun and effective to play than she was; if you haven't tried her yet, go for it.

Trinity is one of the best frame, for solo or teamplay endgame

But honestly, it is boring to use her, because :

- she's ugly

- no mass destruction skill

- she is too good

so why too good becomes boring? cause when you play low level stage, no mass destruction skills mean u need to rely on your weapon more

and trust me, even best weapon with max forma, catalyst, and full upgraded mod wont clear the room as fast as saryn's miasma, nova's prime, rhino's stomp, mag's crush, etc

you need one, to make 120'ish enemy just like a walk in the park :D

to kill ALL the boss easily, you only need rhino stomp and one good weapon, even levantis stage will become 5min rushing play

but for fighting mob very high levelled, trinity outclasses all other frame out there

oh, did i already mention she's ugly?

no she's not ugly, she is VERY ugly lol

Trinity is a great Warframe but she's definitely not for everyone.

She looks nice, comes with free lobster tail, dagger skirts, baby gundam wings(beautiful Meridian helmet not included) and when played right can keep her entire party immortal. But many players prefer to push buttons to watch everything around them die and win, so if you're that sort of player I suggest you stay away. But if you aren't, I encourage you to go for it. Could be a new experience and if you don't like playing support you can always just sell her.