Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What assets would you most like to see given to Tennogen creators to use?

Zahnny

This is primarily a question for current Tennogen artists or those looking to make their own Tennogen. But feel free to post your own ideas or desires even if you're not a creator. I'm not one either, simply just a huge fan that enjoys seeing what the community can create.

Simply put, on rare occaions (I think after a Tennocon) DE releases new assets for Tennogen artists to play with and open up new catagories for Tennogen creation. Last year for instance brought Tennogen chest pieces. I wish the process to open up more catagories was more frequent but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes to make DE decide on all that.

My three biggest catagories I'd like to see opened up are as follows.

1. Operator suits (DE mentioned these a long time ago to happen after they reworked the suit pieces for better synergy with other pieces however that has been a long time ago and no word has come of it.)
  2. Miter (Many players have favourite weapons that aren't exactly meta, and I've been seeking a Miter skin by any means to exist)
  3. Warframe Auxiliary (given the vagueness of this accessory class I can imagine this wouldn't happen.)

Off topic and out of curiousity, what do you use the miter for and what is your build? What level do you find it tops out at?

I was briefly using one for Limbo but having to flip through weapons was a pita and took longer than to take advantage of the augment should take.

I feel like there is such a huge amount of Tennogen Warframe and Melee skins. The new Tennogen armor pieces & operator accessories are cool, but I would really like to see Tennogen pistol skins, assault rifle skins, sniper skins, shotgun skins, etc... 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Off topic and out of curiousity, what do you use the miter for and what is your build? What level do you find it tops out at?

I was briefly using one for Limbo but having to flip through weapons was a pita and took longer than to take advantage of the augment should take.

Well, I don't build it correctly. After I finished The War Within, my first ever riven was a Miter riven, but it had a pretty amazing roll on it without me ever re-rolling it. Toxin, Damage and Electric, with the downside being -Crit Chance, but at that time the Miter didn't even have Crit stats (it does now but they're still  nothing to go wild over). It got me into using the Miter, and I've become quite attached to both the riven and the Miter for sentimental reasons. I ain't ever planning on rolling or trading it. My build isn't that good for high level but it works just fine on the star chart. On occasion it can struggle in Sorties but otherwise it's fine. If you have something to increase damage, such as Nova or Rhino, it's typically fine in Sorties. From what I've heard a high status slash-corrosive build has been the best for it in the past but I haven't used that much. Might have changed with the status changes.

My "Build"

Spoiler

I've not tinkered with it in some time. I could probably put an exilus on it if I wanted, but no real interest. Not really used it that much as of late if I'm being honest.

puE7ist.jpg

The two other builds are nothing special, "Amalgam" was just Amalgam Serration for when I felt like running Sprint Nezha for even more spint speed and I think the last was me testing out a status build in the simulacrum for probably about one time.

22 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

I feel like there is such a huge amount of Tennogen Warframe and Melee skins. The new Tennogen armor pieces & operator accessories are cool, but I would really like to see Tennogen pistol skins, assault rifle skins, sniper skins, shotgun skins, etc... 

I've got to admit. There are a few primary weapon skins but they are specific to certain weapons like Arca, Opticor and Sybaris and not many have made Tennogen for them, even less have got into the game. While I'm unsure if they could make Universal skins for rifles. Pistols, Snipers and Shotguns, maybe even Spearguns would probably be met with positive results. So long as the Pistol skins included both one and two handed.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Well, I don't build it correctly. After I finished The War Within, my first ever riven was a Miter riven, but it had a pretty amazing roll on it without me ever re-rolling it. Toxin, Damage and Electric, with the downside being -Crit Chance, but at that time the Miter didn't even have Crit stats (it does now but they're still  nothing to go wild over). It got me into using the Miter, and I've become quite attached to both the riven and the Miter for sentimental reasons. I ain't ever planning on rolling or trading it. My build isn't that good for high level but it works just fine on the star chart. On occasion it can struggle in Sorties but otherwise it's fine. If you have something to increase damage, such as Nova or Rhino, it's typically fine in Sorties. From what I've heard a high status slash-corrosive build has been the best for it in the past but I haven't used that much. Might have changed with the status changes.

My "Build"

Hide contents

I've not tinkered with it in some time. I could probably put an exilus on it if I wanted, but no real interest. Not really used it that much as of late if I'm being honest.

puE7ist.jpg

The two other builds are nothing special, "Amalgam" was just Amalgam Serration for when I felt like running Sprint Nezha for even more spint speed and I think the last was me testing out a status build in the simulacrum for probably about one time.

I've got to admit. There are a few primary weapon skins but they are specific to certain weapons like Arca, Opticor and Sybaris and not many have made Tennogen for them, even less have got into the game. While I'm unsure if they could make Universal skins for rifles. Pistols, Snipers and Shotguns, maybe even Spearguns would probably be met with positive results. So long as the Pistol skins included both one and two handed.

Thanks a lot. I have a riven as well, and I happen to like playing with 5 dispo riven weapons so I can make this another one of those projects.

Unrelated to the topic, but you really do like to ask questions, do you? I like the enthusiasm, shows that you're willing to speak your mind while making a discussion point that allows for others to do as well.

Right now, I just want the currently missing Shoulder and Leg attachments, so TennoGen creators can finally get full access to Armor and make more 'complete' cosmetic sets, if they so choose. I also wouldn't mind DE start to expand into the Non-Melee weapon category skins that are more plausible to do (in my opinion) such as Throwing Secondaries or Bow Primaries. Throwing definitely seems easier since they all seem to share the same reload and firing animations, with maybe the only exception being the Staticor (since they are more of a Gauntlet weapon I suppose). Bows would probably be harder since they require more animations, and would probably need to have some tight restrictions to make sure they don't break constantly (such as specific quiver placement or shape/size of the bow).

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Operator suits (DE mentioned these a long time ago to happen after they reworked the suit pieces for better synergy with other pieces however that has been a long time ago and no word has come of it.)

My guess for the reason why this may have been taking so long, is probably due to the fact that Operator suits do come in separate pieces, and so that may be harder to manage and organize for files, as well as figure out how sets would be priced or sold through TennoGen, which I can imagine is also happening with Armor sets (if it happens). There's also how that the Duviri Paradox will have our Operators grow and mature which may lead to cosmetics having to be modified and could lead to TennoGen pieces breaking too/being incompatible. And considering that DE rarely changes TennoGen without having the creator's input first, it probably won't be as easy as stretching out the models and fitting them onto the new bodies.

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

but I would really like to see Tennogen pistol skins, assault rifle skins, sniper skins, shotgun skins, etc... 

That's definitely going to take more than just giving the TennoGen model files for them out for creation. as it would probably have to involve giving animation and skeleton rig files too, and/or having to set a restriction on how the weapon skins are going to be modeled and shaped. For example, while somebody may want to create a Pistol skin with a complex or unique reload animation, they would probably either have to provide some of those animation files themselves or have to stay confined to the provided set of animation files given.

Because even though DE doesn't mind working on animations for TennoGen pieces themselves, for the most part it usually involves with emissive/energy effects and movement within the model, with the necessary parts usually provided by the artists. But for something that may require additional skeleton rigging work, it would probably be harder, so perhaps providing a fraction of the framework (such as the arms) would allow for a foundation for TennoGen artists to create their animations and for DE to properly implement them later. I'm not a technical person, nor do I know what I just said is even possible, but something along those lines could perhaps make it possible for advanced Primary/Secondary weapon skins to be made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Yeah they've had a lot of DE-created universal pistol skins. Not all are available for two handed (I think only the Perla?). The recent nova deluxe also got a universal sniper skin. So it's certainly possible, but I'm guessing there are other hindrances that prevent it from working out nicely to allow opening up to TennoGen.

35 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

That's definitely going to take more than just giving the TennoGen model files for them out for creation. as it would probably have to involve giving animation and skeleton rig files too, and/or having to set a restriction on how the weapon skins are going to be modeled and shaped. For example, while somebody may want to create a Pistol skin with a complex or unique reload animation, they would probably either have to provide some of those animation files themselves or have to stay confined to the provided set of animation files given.

Because even though DE doesn't mind working on animations for TennoGen pieces themselves, for the most part it usually involves with emissive/energy effects and movement within the model, with the necessary parts usually provided by the artists. But for something that may require additional skeleton rigging work, it would probably be harder, so perhaps providing a fraction of the framework (such as the arms) would allow for a foundation for TennoGen artists to create their animations and for DE to properly implement them later. I'm not a technical person, nor do I know what I just said is even possible, but something along those lines could perhaps make it possible for advanced Primary/Secondary weapon skins to be made.

Yeah I also have no idea what goes into making things available for TennoGen. 3D modelling & animation is definitely not my field of expertise 🙂 

It will have to remain in the realm of my hopes and dreams for now!

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I'd be all over gun skins and landing crafts. (actual new models)

That could be a possibility since DE are going to detach Landing Craft abilities away from the Landing Crafts themselves.

On 2020-06-09 at 2:59 PM, Zahnny said:

This is primarily a question for current Tennogen artists or those looking to make their own Tennogen. But feel free to post your own ideas or desires even if you're not a creator. I'm not one either, simply just a huge fan that enjoys seeing what the community can create.

Simply put, on rare occaions (I think after a Tennocon) DE releases new assets for Tennogen artists to play with and open up new catagories for Tennogen creation. Last year for instance brought Tennogen chest pieces. I wish the process to open up more catagories was more frequent but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes to make DE decide on all that.

My three biggest catagories I'd like to see opened up are as follows.

1. Operator suits (DE mentioned these a long time ago to happen after they reworked the suit pieces for better synergy with other pieces however that has been a long time ago and no word has come of it.)
  2. Miter (Many players have favourite weapons that aren't exactly meta, and I've been seeking a Miter skin by any means to exist)
  3. Warframe Auxiliary (given the vagueness of this accessory class I can imagine this wouldn't happen.)

Operator Suits and armor.  NO CONTEST.  

Graxx’on Operator suit

Mithra’ll Operator suit.

Vul’Bourne Operator suit.

C’mon DE, give these 3 ^ and other proven artists their chance to shine and help us give you money to complete the full cosmetic look.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Operator suits would be a tricky one. Remember that all warframe body skins (excluding helmets) are not changing their geometry, it's all texture and materials. All current operator suits have different geometry.

Unless we get option for the skin to be based on different meshes of existing suits all gonna look pretty bland.

• Like 1