[DE]Bear

The Deadlock Protocol: Protea Feedback Megathread

Posted (edited)

After "The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.6 + 28.0.6.1":

Grenade Fan - adding 1 meter to range makes 3 covers more ground without spaces between. At least for ~89% range. If you have smaller range then there is still space between grenades. Range should modify "shield grenade spread". Adding more time makes it less spamable - we can put a few GF and spam our Artillery using Temporal anchor. This is nice.

Temporal Anchor - 3 seconds invulnerability helps. However it should be added after you rewind as well. Now imagine being killed, it rewinds you (few seconds) and it knocks you down for another few seconds. You want to cheat death but you cannot even move. The enemies will probably spawn near you and start shooting. You are as good as death... when the rewinds starts. And Nullifiers attack just kills you (if you have low HP) - it should force you to rewind instead.
The "1,5 second sound" is nice addition. However sometimes it's hard to hear it. After you removed some graphics' features in this hotfix, my screen goes redish when something explodes near me. When the Protea goes into TA the words goes into sepia (?) colors. It makes you *see* whenever or not your TA is active. How about the last, let's say 2-3 seconds, there's is another screen effect? It could slowly goes to normal (from sepia to colors) or it could be something completely different (but constant, through last 3 seconds) like black& white collors. The last suggestion (constant 2-3 seconds different colors) would make it very clear that "it's time to cancel or rewind".

Implosion is hit or miss. If it doesn't kill I don't see any effects when I come back (unless I'm really close). When it kills... it's good. If the enemies got some effects when we come back then it would be worth using for stronger enemies. For example they could be frozen until you touch or shoot them?

Blaze Artillery - It should shoot Nullifiers and other enemies as well.

Speed & roll: at ~1,7  speed I don't see too much different but 0.2 speed increase is good.

Dispensary - Displaying on the minimap is good. However I still don't use it too much. I have Zenurik or Energy restore so 25 energy isn't big. Add it that during TA she will discard it. For solo (and especially Protea) players it's not so useful. Ammo: I have Carrier with it's mod so I don't need it as well. And using Azima's alternate fire with TA will make ammo useless.
If we could toggle it (e.g put Dispensary, by holding button the dispensary will change to energy-only, then after you hold it again it will change into health-only etc).
On the other hand... what if being near Dispensary add some time to the Temporal Anchor? Like 1/3 of your modded time (e.g. TA lasts for 15 seconds, Dispensary adds another 5 seconds). Or some speed boost (guns/melee)? Now, when solo, I try to avoid it when I'm in the temporal anchor. This would m

Edited by quxier
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-10 at 5:55 AM, [DE]Bear said:

BLAZE ARTILLERY

I think the reason why people still say this ability is lousy even after the tweak... is because it is a one-target-each-shot ability, which also has slow fire rate. If compare to Sharpnel Grenade which can hit multiple enemies continuously for a set duration, but due to Blaze Artillery's slow fire rate + switching to shoot different enemies each shot, its damage is divided, not concentrated AOE like Sharpnel Grenade's.

Eg. 1 cast of my Blaze Artillery can maul down a single lvl175 Grineer Heavy Gunner but if there are more than 1 Gunner, then both won't die on 1 cast because the damage is divided among the different numbers of enemies, with the slow fire rate rubbing salt on wound. On the other hand, 1 cast of Sharpnel Grenade has the same damage regardless of 1 or more Gunner because it's an AOE ability that hit different enemies all at the same time.

So perhaps the one who designed the abilities fall short on realizing this.

• Like 1

Protea is definitely better, but I still though, stand by my suggestions(from before the Protea changes). Only now concerning the 'permanent'-single-gun Blaze Artillery idea(but then again, maybe it would be more "diplomatic" if you turned that idea into an augment)  and the ideas for her Temporal Anchor.

But still, thank you for the changes she's definitely been well improved if nothing else.

Posted (edited)

Warframe Protea Feedback:

These are my opinions both on improving the current state of each skill, as well as changing her Passive and Temporal Anchor as I feel would be more engaging/exciting.

•     PASSIVE - Every 4th Ability cast is granted +100% Ability Strength. 

I like this type of effect that encourages more frequent/active gameplay and skill usage, see my new skill 4 idea below.

I would swap Temporal Anchor to passive. Similar to Hildryn's passive, this will only activate upon taking what would be fatal damage. Player rewinds to position they were in 2 seconds ago, explodes dealing damage based on damage taken within the last 5 seconds (scaling with ability strength), and becomes temporarily invulnerable for 1.5 seconds afterward. 20-30 second internal cooldown.

Reasoning: I don't personally feel her Temporal Anchor to be all that useful apart from its revive/panic button aspect. In my gameplay, I never find myself wanting to revert to a previous location with any sort of frequency. The damage and effect feel far below average compared to other frame ultimate abilities. I think the health/shield/ammo restore aspect could be incorporated another way, see alternate skill 4 below.

•     GRENADE FAN - Activate to throw a cluster of shrapnel grenades, damaging and staggering nearby enemies. Hold to emit sticky shield grenades that latch onto allies and restore a large amount of shields. 

For the ally shield, I'd prefer if it just instantly applied this buff to allies in range, and displayed a buff indicator with a timer. Please do not display a timer for the shrapnel grenades or overwrite the shield timer in skill panel UI. Visual of either sticky grenade or faint hologram shield is still fine. 

Reasoning: It may not be difficult to pickup your own shield grenades, but it's very hard for allies to spot let alone know when/when you threw them. I'd also rather know when that shield boost is going to run out than merely the last shrapnel grenade I threw. 

•     BLAZE ARTILLERY - Place a temporary rapid-fire turret that automatically targets enemies. Each successful hit increases its damage, causing projectiles to pierce enemies and hit multiple foes with a single shot. 

This tends to fail to target enemies through doors or certain hallways/openings.

•     DISPENSARY - Deploy a cycling supply cache that can generate Health, Ammo and Energy pickups periodically.

Fine as in in my opinion.

•     TEMPORAL ANCHOR - Activate to drop an anchor point that records Protea’s state. Any damage dealt to Protea during the Ability will be emitted back to your foes upon deactivation. Deactivating Temporal Anchor will rewind Protea back to the activation point restoring all ammo, energy, shields and health. If Protea is downed while Temporal Anchor is active, Protea will automatically rewind to safety! 

Swap Passive to slot 4, named something like Overclock

Idea 1: Protea has a charge meter of 20-30. Whenever Protea casts an ability, she gains 1 point of charge. At full meter she can activate Overclock for X energy, depleting her meter reserve and empowering the next ability cast for X seconds. While empowered, that ability costs no energy and gains 100% ability strength.

Grenade Fan - Throwing a Shrapnel grenade within range of a currently deployed one will cause an explosive chain reaction of radiation damage between all connected grenades. Shield Grenades increase allies' overshield cap and explode if allies' shields are broken while attached.

Blaze Artillery - Protea now places 3 turrets at once, one of each dealing heat, corrosive, and radiation damage. Overclocked Turrets last twice as long and fire 30% faster.

Dispensary - If at max health or energy, these pickups grant 50 armor stacking and lasting the duration of Overclock. Ammo pickups now instantly reload the player's weapon.

Idea 2: For X seconds, Protea's abilities cost no energy and gain an additional 100% ability strength. While active, she gains the following effects: Throwing grenades within range of currently deployed grenade fans will cause an explosive chain reaction between those grenades, dealing radiation damage. Protea is limited to 3 turrets, but they last twice as long and fire 30% faster if cast during Overclock. If at max health or energy, Dispensary pickups grant 50 armor stacking and lasting the duration of Overclock, and ammo pickups now instantly reload the player's weapon.

Reasoning: I want to keep the intent of encouraging active gameplay, but focus on buffing up her other very useful skills and maximizing their potential rather than have a seemingly unrelated ultimate ability. This also keeps the Corpus Tech theme strong, empowering her tech abilities every so often. I prefer the first option I gave, since choosing a single ability to boost at any given time is more interesting than simply buffing everything all at once. 

Edited by ledfever

I'm happy with 2 and 3.

1 is too slow - also i would like to have shilds first then "damage", shame i can't test to see how i actually would like it, downsides of having 2 skills in one...

4 I still don't feel like using it, agains weak enemies is not needed and against tro strong enemies is almost useless, or better saying too unreliable, it is better to user othe strategies...

Passive, with it i don't really need to put a lot of str on her, i get it, but still don't like.

- The thing with her in general is, she is too unreliable, in higher levels u can't blink or u can die, in lower level it seens like she has to much... i really don't know what to think, maybe i should focus on just one skill, and comit to it, but it also don't feel really right for her.

-She has something there, but there is also something in the way, and i don't know what both are.

Posted (edited)

Please randomize the side protea dodges on, have her sometimes lead with her left profile, sometimes with her right profile. Make the dodging more organic in that regard.

Edited by Rauvian

Posted (edited)

1:grenade fan has become a decent assist to artillery but I still feel like it should have some form of synergy between the two other than just damage(increasing duration of artillery +1 sec for enemies killed in the fan by the artillery?)

Bug:Shield grenade still sometimes gives base shield regen(50) instead of modded values.

1.1:Also I still feel the shield grenade should really have an increased duration. I mentioned before that the 20s from the old rank 2 felt decent for it and still feel like only the shield grenade should get a 20s base. This'd allow you to get about 30s with a primed continuity  and with max duration a whole minute.

Bug?:Artillery cant fire through specters. Had an issue in one mission earlier where someone spawned a crap ton of specters and they apparently can shot block the ability. Should let them shoot through them like you would with Nekros shadows

4:The sound notification you have temporal anchor is good but 1.5 s isnt enough time to react to the sound and position yourself in a good spot for the blast. I think the sound should proc 3s prior instead of 1.5s. Also while the damage you can accumulate can be extremely devastating if enough is build up, at higher levels the amount of damage you need to build up in that amount of time is ridiculous. Take a lvl 100 heavy for example. Youd need around 1 million built up damage. and 150+ would be about 2 million. Now you can very easily hit that number with say a heavy build stropha but any other scenario is very unlikely. So for the ability to function efficiently requires you to take something that can deal massive amounts of damage in 2-3 hits just to build up that needed damage. and mind you this is also with the passive buff. Now Im not saying to up the damage accumulation % but  instead let it synergize with grenade fan and strip armor in the same way avalanche does (strip then damage). This'd make it so you dont need to build up these massive amounts of damage to have the same result anymore

Edited by rawr1254

Posted (edited)

I tihnk it'd be better if her shield drones persisted for their duration and didn't get sacrificed as shield gates. Maybe that can be what her augment does. I can safely say, with the new blaze turret, that her slashing grenades aren't necessary, but are useful for their lingering duration. I'd make her shield nades her 2, and her blaze turret her 1. Or at the very least switch which nade is the tap-to-cast.

She's honestly in a decent place after those last buffs now. Build her for duration (with no negative attributes) and she's perfectly adequate. Even her 2 benefits more from duration, and can do decently well against level 150 enemies if you spam it.

Edited by Scorn
slash nades are actually useful for their duration

Would be nice if Temporal Anchor invulnerability somehow extended to Sentinels at least.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

BLAZE ARTILLERY
I would to set such turret on longer time, when i can launch it and make my other affairs under support fire from Artillery. With such short time player mostly forced to use it, and use it, and use it at one place almost like old Desecrate of Nekros... For longer time it's fair a bit decrease the power or set just 1 turret instead of many at once.
If not change the current ability - at least as augment... but augments is still -1slot problem.

Edited by Toonya
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-10 at 12:55 AM, [DE]Bear said:

If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Her 1, 2 and 3 do not really have any "ability unique" effects.  Aoe heat and slash procs can be easily applied with weapons...And "Dispensary"...is just a pizza.

The only Real ability she has is that "Temporal anchor", and this one is not very great at what it was supposed to do.  Its just a "Free energy mode"....currently its the best use for this ability....and even for that its not really great. Energy is abundant, so its barely worth saving it like that.

I tried using it for "safe suicidal attacks"...not great.   Duration is not a problem....Real problem is casting time and animation. It can be sped up, sure, but its there...and it looks too dramatic for a simple "anchor placement"....360 T-pose spin....Who came up with this? Some ballerina out there? 

I suggest this: 

• Replace Dispensary with Mark/Link ability.     Allow Protea to drag someone/something along into "rewind" (only one object or person)

Uses :  Rewind objects/ frames to heal/restore them.  Rewind Demo units to make em moonwalk away from conduit. Rewind your Heat turret to make it work twice as long.... And such.

• "Temporal anchor" MUST use a separate, automatically regenerating energy bar (cooldown).  Once bar is filled, you should be able to Rewind without placing any anchors.

Dying with Temporal Bar full = Automatic Rewind.  No knockdown. No Anchor placement.....but short cooldown.  Anchor recharge must be affected by her Passive too. "Each time you cast 3 abilities, you get 15% of your Temporal Bar restored"...or something like that.

Posted (edited)

I like Protea as she is, she fits into any role I give her now that's versatility, but there's a visual issue for me.

GRENADE FAN - Like most spammable abilities the visuals tend to be overwhelming when too many are active. However, I'm more preoccupied with specific cases where the Auto Exposure gets out of hand. I think it mostly happens in darker maps. And you don't need to spam alot, just 2-3 throws is enough if you aim down to pack 8 to 12 Shrapnel Vortex, I'm using the default colors.

Maybe removing the light from the grenades would be a decent fix. In the maps where it doesn't explode it's fairly subtle you don't even see it. And when it explodes it takes the entire screen. So I guess you're not losing much by removing the light on this one.

Here are screenshots from various Captura, can happen in some missions too.

Révélation

The War Within Scene
Warframe0001.jpg

Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene
Warframe0003.jpg

Grineer Sealab Centrifuge Scene
Warframe0005.jpg

Inaros Tomb Scene (Exterior only, interior is fine tuned)
Warframe0006.jpg

Edited by STUVash

Proteas 1 tap needs a range increase of 25%. And its damage taking up 50%. The 1 hold needs to be a placement on the ground that applies to all in range.  Having to spam this 3 times to ensure all allies/pets get it isnt good because this frame is already very ability spam heavy.

Her 2 needs to have its duration doubled but a cap put on the multiplier of say 12x. 

Her 3 needs to have a state that say it dispense a pickup every X seconds scaling with duration or strength. I personally would rather see this ability pulse health/energy/ammo in X radius every X seconds like an energy pad mainly to provide a consistent effect rather then try gaining added effects from arcane energize and pulse.

Her 4 need to have the physical rewind removed and honestly then its still not great. Now if it applied for allies as well or an augment that applied it to allies that would be amazing.

Overall she is decent support for point defense but not much of a run and gun frame. If you wanted to make her run and gun viable maybe convert her 1,2 and 3 into drones that hover around her following her doing their job.  Other support frames can do far more damage and better types of cc and can provide better health and energy options.

• Like 1

QoL Suggestion for Shield Satellites (Grenade Fan hold)  When the grenade has around 5 seconds remaining in it's duration, maybe make it's shield visual flash another color to visually distinguish that it's about to run out since the timer on the ability icon only shows the duration of the last cast.  

After playing with protea a lot post-buffs my overall impressions are very positive. Most of her jank was removed from grenade fan and are much more capable of just locking out halls at high levels, her turrets are excelling in the damage space, and her ult at least now has some purpose in being a panic button.

However there are some issues I do have with her sill. 

Grenade Fan

Removal of the hop while grounded would be the last huge step up it needs. I do like what the hop provides, but it should only be a bonus jump when you're already in the air. Using it in tight spaces is just rough. 

Blazing Artillery

I still stand by the assertion that her turrets need to interrupt less actions. Preferably being able to fire while deploying would help the flow of combat, but at the very least not cancelling reloading would also be great. There's a number of weapons with fairly long reloads and interrupting it just so you have something to cover your back that might very well last as long as the reload itself on some guns (looking at you arca plasmor and quellor) doesn't feel great. 

Dispensary

This skill with equilibrium and synth fiber is amazing for keeping proteas stocked up. But the basic energy orbs are still not great for everyone else unless your team mates are running energize or have good efficiency. max 50 energy every 6 seconds on some frames can be rough. Having a zenurik like effect where her energy orbs grant a special stacking regen of a % of the orbs restoration over a period of time might work. This could also help dispensary function a liiiitle better in more mobile missions for other players if the energy balls were more front loaded instead of being the last drop. Protea can already use the health balls being the first drop to a much greater extent than energy balls.

This kind of goes hand in hand with a problem I still have. It just scales way too poorly. The only reason it's a good ability is because the baseline is still pretty effective so when I mod I almost never look at the dispenser to see how much it got affected because the answer is usually "not much".

• Like 1

Make her (and her sentinel) not to get loot during rewind. Energy that you get while rewinding can't be used to cast abilities (you can't use abilities while rewinding) and will disappear when rewind is finished so if energy orb is on your backward path it's just wasted.

• Like 3

She's feeling awesome right now. I'm hoping to see some changes to smooth the gameplay a bit.

Her Grenade Fan, that jump. It's so hard to throw grenades far if there is a ceiling above me that the jump would make me hit my head. Casting while on the ground should be just that, on the ground. Aerial cast with that little jump I don't mind, bonus if it extends my time in the air like Photon Strike or Bastille.

Temporal Anchor sometimes seems to move the anchor point away from where I dropped it. It may be because of the casting animation and I moved from the activation position, but I have found that if there is a barrier of some sort (Snow Globe, or Arctic Eximus globe) in the way, the rewind seems to stop at the barrier.

A waypoint or a visual effect for the Dispensary for allies to see (like Octavia's Resonator) would be great to draw their attention.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s a little dumb to put weapon parts in the same farm as warframe parts as well as have said warframe part drop chance extremely low.The farm for protea is worse than ivara.I ran about 70 Granum voids to only have 2 parts.It seems like a money grab to just encourage players to buy her.Many players want her but just give up on the farm because or rng.I think the weapon parts and frame parts should have the same drop chance to keep the same rng aspect but make it less tedious.

Posted (edited)

I played almost only her these days so I think it is the time to make a suggestion.

Passive: good and practical.

GRENADE FAN: keep as it is now

Reason: The animation is bit confusing though, Shrapnel deals decent CC while Shield overcharge is a nice support/self defense. 

BLAZE ARTILLERY: Reduce artilleries by 1 or 2, and in exchange for that, increase duration and fire rate with capped multiplier.

Reason: Not only it is visually odd, the short duration also make this ability impractical in stational missions such as defense that her other kits are obviously designed for. Every time you place an artillery, it takes time for both placing animation and stacking the multiplier to work. For about every 10 seconds with the maxed duration you have to reset the artillery so the multiplier. Thus while you are busy to place 3 artilleries around the defense objectives in a short period, the kill speed remains mediocre. Just one artillery with a decent duration will solve this problem because of the steady multiplier. To prevent the multiplier goes insane value, I suggest to make the cap at somewhat 20x.

DISPENSARY: Instantly give the first supplies as soon as the dispensary is placed.

Reason: While it is great in terms of supporting any tennos fighting nearby the device, it does not work in the moving mission type like Exterminate simply because players have to stay for 3 seconds to receive the first supplies. Tennos are always hasty.

TEMPORAL ANCHOR: Delete the Line of Sight from the implosion, and delete or ease the death-avoid-penalty.

Reason: The line of sight (LoS) works well only when the ability is continuous. For example, Octavia’s mallet works very well because it has duration and can “wait” until enemies are in sight, so does Mesa’s Peace Maker. On the other hand, Protea’s Implosion is LoS but not continuous, meaning you have to determine when and where to release the implosion that contains whole damage you stored in the 4th duration. In that case especially in complex terrains like Hydron, there could be only few enemies hit by implosion, while dozen of other enemies are still intact. Considering that Equinox Maim, which has similar effect to Protea’s 4th, is not LoS ability, removing LoS from the implosion is reasonable. And, the knock back and health penalty after rewind to avoid death is meaningless because there could be an enemy spawned in a space where you placed the temporal anchor. “Safe area” is really limited. Not to mention the refund of energy/health/ammo is already done by her 3rd.

Edited by alseltas
  • Like 1

At first, before release, I thought Protea will be a time manipulation Warframe. I was hoping for some Dio wibes.

Then, after release and reading her abilities, I thought she's a different take at Vauban.

Now...

Protea's 1 and 2 have DoT that works to charge the damage of her 4 AoE blast (works well with high damage burst weapons like Bramma or the new Stahlta), which she unleashes near the enemy and rewinds time for herself.

She's basically a suicide bomber Warframe...that rewinds time to avoid her own death.

Her default helmet's "veil" over her face reminds me of the Middle East cultures and what women wear there. Peculiar design choice for her ability kit...

Bold aesthetic and ability concepts, DE.

I have been having a blast with her so far. I love her design, her look and how she feels. However, I find myself more often than not only using her 1 and 2, with her 3 only coming into play on static missions like defence and rarely using her 4 at all. Protea's main issues with these skills for me come from these points.

1) Her 3 dispenses items too slowly to be useful in most missions where you'll constantly be moving forward.

2) Her rewind, whilst interesting and unique, simply breaks your flow.

Whilst I would be more than happy with some of the suggestions already posted on this thread (e.g. making the dispenser release the initial drops as soon as it deploys) I had a few changes I would like to propose.

1) Give her grenade fan shield buff in the top right corner its own timer.

This would make it easier to see how much longer the shield drone has left before you need to recast as it would be visible alongside all your other buffs.

2) Dispensary rework

Instead of acting like a health/energy/ammo restore, the dispenser could function like a hybrid of wisp's motes and some of the smeeta kavat's charm buffs. Upon going over the dispenser, the player is granted X charges of a (insert buff name here), with the number of charges scaling with strength. Upon one of the following conditions, a charge is consumed and the respective buff granted.

1) Health damage taken = any health damage taken for a short duration after the initial hit is restored, or instantly if health reaches 0. A cooldown after this occurs would prevent every charge being consumed healing small, rapid damage.

2) Reload = Instant reload with ammo refunded

3) Ability cast = Energy cost refunded

These changes would help Protea become more mobile whilst fitting her theme of manipulating/rewinding time.

2) Temporal anchor changes

My biggest issue with temporal anchor stems from the inability to stop the rewind whilst it is in progress. My 179% duration build has a 14 second maximum duration from anchor to rewind, and the visuals can become disorientating. I would be happy if we were simply allowed to stop the rewind whilst it was in progress, but the visual effect of her "shadows" set during the recording of her actions gave me another idea. Instead of simply acting as an "anchor-rewind to anchor" ability, it could instead work as a pseudo-channelled ability. By this I mean the initial anchor is placed upon activation, and upon reaching the end of the duration, rather than rewinding, protea places a new anchor at her current location, taking the initial energy cost as well as releasing the damage implosion, which continues to grow until the rewind is manually triggered, the player has insufficient energy or the "cheating death" mechanic activates, upon which protea rewinds to the most recent anchor she placed.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but there's currently a bug/issue where if you roll during her blaze artillery deployment animation, she repeats the animation at the end of the roll, which can be really annoying.

Edited by Morbidly_Obese_Ninja
  • Like 1

Here are some improvements that will make Protea efficient and to make her even more fun than she already is;

Protea:

1st ability:

·       Decrease cast time.

·       The middle shrapnel should land where the radical is aiming at.

·       Instead making enemies stagger backwards, it should pull them into to the shrapnel and stagger them.

2nd ability:

·       Increase the duration to 10 seconds.

·       Increase its fire rate.

·       It can turn a full 360 degrees.

·       If you activate it again while one is active, it will refresh the duration of the first one that was cast.

·       If it`s not shooting at enemies the duration will not be decreased.

3rd ability:

·       If you hold the ability, it will attach itself to her back to where she can use it while on the move.

·       The duration of the time it takes to spawn pickups is 1 second instead to 2 seconds.

·       The extra drop chance drop time is decreased from 7 seconds down to 3 seconds.

·       You can cast a max of 3 out at a time.

·       Increase extra pick up chance to 50%.

·       The pickups will give you and allies a small buff. Health and energy orbs will give you 7 health/energy a second up to 5 seconds and ammo packs will give add 10 ammo to your weapons` ammo maximum (to a max of 50), if you get an extra pickup, the buff duration will double.

4th ability

·       This ability now has a press and a hold feature. If you press the ability you will use the ability without the rewind part of the ability however you will lose the ability to not get downed while active, if you want that and the ability to rewind you have to hold the ability.

·       The explosion part of the ability will knock enemies down.

·       The explosion will deal electric damage.

·       If you get downed while the ability is active, it will deal double damage and ragdoll enemies.

• Like 1

1st ability

I like that it`s a mix of damage and cc however it has some targeting issues and the 2nd ability kind of makes it redundant.

Improvements:

·       Decrease cast time.

·       The middle shrapnel should land where the radical is aiming at.

·       Instead making enemies stagger backwards, it should pull them into to the shrapnel and stagger them.

2nd ability

Visually it`s fun to watch when shooting at enemies and it offer a small cc but for the limited amount to time you have it`s kind of lack lustre and it needs to do more.

Improvements:

·       Increase the duration to 10 seconds.

·       Increase its fire rate.

·       It can turn a full 360 degrees.

·       If you activate it again while one is active, it will refresh the duration of the first one that was cast.

·       If it`s not shooting at enemies the duration will not be decreased.

3rd ability

It`s useful and I love the fact that I don`t have to use rejuvenation or energy siphon aura mods on the other hand it keeps you in one spot and you have to wait a long time for pickups if you have a long duration which for a game about movement is problematic.

Improvement:

·       If you hold the ability, it will attach itself to her back to where she can use it while on the move.

·       The duration of the time it takes to spawn pickups is 1 second instead to 2 seconds.

·       The extra drop chance drop time is decreased from 7 seconds down to 3 seconds.

·       You can cast a max of 3 out at a time.

·       Increase extra pick up chance to 50%.

·       The pickups will give you and allies a small buff. Health and energy orbs will give you 7 health a second up to 5 seconds and ammo packs will give add 10 ammo to your weapons` ammo maximum (to a max of 50), if you get an extra pickup, the buff duration will double.

4th ability

I don`t like this ability not one bit, I said it from day one that this ability is problematic when it was shown on the devstream, sometimes you don`t need to play a warframe to know it`s going to be bad. The restoring and the not getting downed part I have no issue with but the biggest disappointment is the rewind part, it`s a gimmick that only looks good, not fun to use and it`s completely useless.

Most missions are about getting to point A to point B so you will never use it in those types of missions which makes it redundant, I can`t see how this ability can be useful even in missions where you are in one place, why use it when you can just run back to the defence point? And the more you move the longer it takes to go back to the point of activation.

The only way this ability can be used is to stand on one place which is boring and kills the point of how the game is played, I would rather see a time based warframe than to see a warframe get a time related ability and if you take out the restoration from it, as a 4th ability it`s one of the worst mechanically and visually so this need drastic changes.

Improvements:

·       This ability now has a press and a hold feature. If you press the ability you will use the ability without the rewind part of the ability however you will lose the ability to not get downed while active, if you want that and the ability to rewind you have to hold the ability.

·       The afterimage will leave a trail behind where enemies that walk onto it will be affected by an ice status proc.  

·       The three seconds of invulnerability will also absorb damage taken from enemies.

·       The explosion part of the ability will knock enemies down.

·       The explosion will deal electric damage.

·       If you get downed while the ability is active, it will deal double damage and ragdoll enemies.

The only synergy she has is with her 4th and her other abilities but for me (and some ppl) I will rarely use this ability so she needs to have more synergy that either improves her abilities or give her something new and as a tec warframe it makes sense for her to have the ability to modify her abilities.

Synergies:

1st and 2nd ability

·       Enemies hit with the 2nd ability while under the effects of her 1st ability will increase the 1st and 2nd`s status duration by 50%.

1st and 3rd ability

·       Pickups when holding the ability will change the 1st ability`s damage type. Health orbs will deal magnetic damage, energy orbs will deal electric damage and ammo packs will deal gas damage.

·       The indicator is shown on the top right of the screen.

·       You will have a 10 second window before you will lose the damage type.

·       Picking up more pickups will refresh the timer.

If these ideas were to be implemented, they will make protea versatile, efficient and will be even more fun to play but as it stands now out of all the ideas Pablo has done this imo is the 2nd worst.

If you disagree with my ideas instead of cussing me for my ideas and opinions, just ask me the simple question “why” then you can make a judgement on what you think (without the rudeness please).

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757