Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: New Quest Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Spoiler

Protea Specter fight was really really annoying. Her shield regens SO fast after breaking, and she keeps rolling backwards constantly, then rolls into cover, then up large rocks, then off the map and respawns hella far away with her shield back at full.

I would say I fought her AI pathing moreso than her gameplay. I CONSTANTLY had to run and hide to lure her out of difficult to fight in areas like the top of large rocks on the edge of the map because if she ever has line of sight of you she's just going to keep peppering bullets at you while rolling backwards.

I actually almost lost motivation to finish the fight.

Also being able to 1 shot everything else on the map but the coin holders and protea specters take like 10 magazines just to bust their shield is just stupid.

I must say that was one of the worst boss fights I have seen in any game.

Terrain is terrible. Because of terrain I have to spend most of the fight just trying to get line of sight while everyone else involved in fight has hitscan wallhack weapons.

Particle effects are not turned up to eleven, but thirteen or more. Hard to see anything.

Glaive? Really!? Terrible glaive too. Doesn't do enough damage so I have to switch between weapons.

Boss shield regen is way too fast. Combined with need to switch weapons and terrible terrain it makes it really hard to hit boss in time.

Also: I want refund on 12 platinum I had to spend to get that awful weapon out of the foundry.

The bug: When entered the Granun void during the quest, jump down and switch to operator, will teleport all the way back to the Corpus ship and get stuck in the quest that cannot complete, forced to abort mission.

Bad repeats of transmission: The Protea Specter battle. Too much repeats and no hints on what to do until some progress is done.
The business: "There's got to be an opening! Maybe while she's reversing the temporal fhield?"
The business: "There's got to be an opening! Maybe while she's reversing the temporal fhield?"
The business: "There's got to be an opening! Maybe while she's reversing the temporal fhield?" ... Repeats hundreds of times.

Only when I start to get things mostly done with specter so it recovers to just 25% does the business finally say things that would have been more useful to say earliear:
The Business: "She's reversing the temporal field! Try to unterrupt it! A fully charge burst from the Xoris might do it!"

Personally I enjoyed the quest, the final boss fight and the fact I failed it the first time around. I also didn't mind having ammo issues on the first round, weird as it sounds sometimes I feel ammo is actually too plentiful in the tilesets.

The directions from the guys in Fortuna were a bit vague, true, but from a Role Play point of view I was fine, I mean how much can they realistically know about a never encountered rogue warframe that warps time?

All in all I enjoyed the challenge and the story, I always really liked Warframe tied to quests I do feel it gives them more personality. Hope to see more in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is weeks later but this boss fight is BEYOND ANNOYING. I did it, well-tried to, got her down to half health like 10+ times, and by the time I could line up to toss the Xoris the fight had started all over again. The Xoris mechanic on that map makes it an infinite loop, at least for me, I literally gave up and just let them kill me. And have not been back since probably never will.

With the set up I had could have done it for infinity and not died, but my will to even try was drained. Shame all the new stuff is locked behind this Xoris, but it is too annoying of a fight to bother.

The problem is the forced Glaive, on this map it only goes where you want it about 1 in 4; and if you miss even once you start the whole fight all over again. Like others have said you either are good at this or just give up, as it is a fight you can never win.

Not that DE cares anymore, but flat out a fight you know you will never win, and new tiles telling you there is content you will never see or do is just an insult.

The ONLY way I see to fix this is to change the fight where if you hit her with the Xoris you you stop MORE of the regen, but either way you can grind her down. Needing perfect Glaive or you can never end this fight is just BROKEN.

Spoiler

I farmed up protea and the weapons from Deadlock in the first 2 days it was fun.  I resorted to using a full squad to get stuff.  I had avoided the patchnote spoilers so had no idea you could extend the time so thats why I struggled initially to solo the granum voids but now I can....   I still wish the granum voids were more forgiving and lax with the timer,  I'd rather have fun than have a challenge.  

But I am writing to tell you about my favorite part of Deadlock.  I got some granum crown decorations from Tier 1 and didnt really pay any attention to them until later.  Currently I am trying to farm the stone slabs that tell Parvos's story... so I am running the corpus ship remaster ALOT because the tiles are so damn rare....   So I am getting crowns and passing by the altars alot....  so I figured why not try to solo them and stuff while im doing the stone slabs...  

I was running tier 1 nodes 4 the slabs but I had a bunch of tier 2 and 3 coins.... so I started using them...  thats when I found out that each tier of the void has its own decoration of that tier's granum crown.... tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 crowns...  

I really really like having decorations as rewards.  It reminds me of DCUO where you get tons of decorations for your base from alot of the missions.   The art department in Warframe makes alot of killer stuff and I think more of it could be made into decorations for our ship.  Like the giant spinning coin statues in the corpus ship remaster shrunken down.   

But decorations are a really awesome reward and actually makes me want to play content im actually "done" with.  Im sure there are people who will go nuts and farm tons of coins from those voids and spam them all over their ship which is something...  but I definately collected more than one of each.  

I think its time to redsign the interior of our Orbiter so it can handle more decorations and to prevent all those decorations from lagging you out lol.  

This quest is very frustrating and misleading. I am a decently new player and am MR 7. I have an okay grasp of how the game works and wanted to do this quest but the amount of damage reduction I do to the treasurer is insanely frustrating seeing my fully leveled weapons and frames doing literally 1 to 2 damage. It takes me like 10 mins of smacking this guy with my melee to kill him and then if that wasn't annoying enough trying to kill protea is a legit nightmare. I do absolutely zero damage to her while she melts my health even with my full level rhino with a max level intensify mod on I am dead within seconds of her attacking. Now I would understand this difficulty level if it was geared towards endgame play but I unlock it at mr 4 and I saw nothing recommending that I do this once I am a high level with good weapons and mods. I have completely wasted my time attempting this boss fight over and over again! Very very annoyed atm.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked it. The design of the new special area looked beautiful and unique. I liked the asymmetry, the lighting and textures there, and the skybox.

The design of the granum old man was great. He seems somewhat likeable in some ways. I like that better than "Hur dur, kill tenno" he's more believable as a villain/conflicting character.

I'm glad to see you guys tied a new Warframe and weapon to a quest. Would be nice to see this kind of stuff more often. 

Veteran returning to warframe, great. Been seeing some stuff that piques my interest.

Start off with the deadlock protocol, nice quest, great. New tileset, good lore, interesting new villain. Get to the end.

Oh, gated, annoying grinding boss that self heals. Unless you hit her with mandatory new (DE favorite, it's a glavius!) melee weapon. But only in the correct way. This might have been better if I'd ever enjoyed the Glavius weapons. Well, unfortunately, while DE likes it, I never did. I left because of arbitrary surprise walls. Here's another one! whee!

Cya later warframe.

• 4 months later...

I've been attempting the bus fight for a few days, and despite knowing the theory of what I'm supposed to do with the glaive I still can't seem to pull it off. I've lost track of how many times I've failed. I'm incredibly frustrated with this fight and not having fun.

Other posters have already mentioned the issues, too many specters with no breathing room. The boys health mechanic is poorly explained, and so hard to pull off that even theoretically knowing what I'm supposed to do I can't manage it. I find the controls for heavy attacks excessively terrible, pushing the right analog stick after holding the melee button just sucks. 

I want to finish this quest, but the boss mechanics are just so awful I can't manage it.

• 7 months later...

This was by far the worst Warframe quest I have ever played.  It clearly gave no regard to those people who play on console, xoris is a nightmare of weapon to use with joystick. It is a shame that to see something like in a game that I normally regard of accepting of all play styles.  Lowest point this game has ever been.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy this quest is an absolute mess!

Why are most main quests such mechanical nightmares by the way? It's lagging, it's annoying, you have no idea what button you supposed to use. Exactly when I was trying to free the Operator in my ship. It blows my mind. Whoever designs these quests is doing a terrible job! The button you supposed to press to discharge the xoris is the default button for that function, disregarding the changes made in the keyboard bindings.

No idea why anyone would want to replay this, because this gave me PTSD for probably my whole life! This is one of the examples you show a person if you DON'T want to play Warframe...

To whoever wants to just get through this cruel joke of a quest, try to use the HEAVY ATTACK button, or the SECONDARY FIRE button to discharge the xoris, or try to set them to whatever you are comfortable with.

Archived