Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Re-Imagined Corpus Tileset Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

The Corpus have upgraded their entire fleet! Now you will find a whole new tileset or Re-Imagined Corpus ship interiors! We would like to know what you think about the new layouts, how different game modes work out, and the overall design.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of the new Re-Imagined Corpus Tileset, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the new tileset, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use The Deadlock Protocol: Bug Report Megathread

Thank you!

Really love the feeling of the new tileset, it feel fresh, new corpus troops are wonderful. the only little thing bothering me is the solaris rescue gimmick. Dont get me wrong, I love the concept, saving solaris and hearing their voice line is great and immersive. However using crowns for it is a bit annoying, since you seem to only get one per mission (need to confirm), you kinda feel bad when you leave the prisoner there. Having multiple prisoner spawning in a mission is also not helping. The standing reward also feel a bit low for the price of a crown.

I just wanna say thank you very much for the remastered spy vaults! They're freakin' awesome, if a bit oversized, but that's the tileset as a whole. Really love finding my way around them now. I love it when I expect to use the old route, then a curveball shows up. Very lovely! Thank you very much once more! Oceanum, my dwelling place, has gotten even better.

I almost quit Warframe after that Protea battle.  That was unfun it took nearly an hour with a max rank Inaros and weapons.  My hands physically hurt from playing.  I don't know how anyone who isn't a max rank player can pass that.  Please consider a heavy nerf for that battle.

Is it intended that the crown carriers (can't remember their name) only take <100 damage per shot, regardless of how much damage your weapon is supposed to do? And if that is intended, WHY??? My Kuva Chakkhurr is regularly doing 3k+ per shot, but against these guys only does 22. That would mean more than 99% damage resistance, and that is not condusive to having a good time

Can the crowns be based around the original level of the planets rather than the enemies? For example, the node Ishtar on Venus has a base level of 6-8. Occasionally, there will be a Kuva Flood on Ishtar and modify the level to 80-100. In the current system, this would result in only being able to get Granum Crowns if i play Ishtar on the level 6-8 mode, while I can only get Zenith Granum Crowns if I play Ishtar as a Kuva Flood. It would be much preferable if the node Ishtar only dropped Granum Crowns regardless of the actual level of enemies on it. This way we are not forced to actually do a level 10 mission when the same node is hosting a higher level mission as well.

Void fissures are a good example of this: Lith are always on Venus, Meso on Phobos, Neo on Neptune, and Axi on Pluto. The actual fissures raise the level of the enemies slightly, but you are always guaranteed to have the expected era on the expected planet. Similarly, Granum Crowns should only drop from Venus/Phobos, Exemplar Granum Crowns from Jupiter/Neptune, and Zenith Granum Crowns from Pluto. For players who have not completed the starchart, this would be no different from the current system, but would be immensely helpful for those of us who like playing higher level content.

The amount of cameras feels excessive and for some reason the enemies believe taking cover behind objects that are much smaller then them is a good idea.

The glass materials are better but it's still somewhat difficult to notice them. Maybe add a bump map with a specific pattern or some colored stripes around the edges to indicate it's actually glass (we do that in the real world for a reason).

Some minor problems with collision and questionable design for specific areas but overall it's good. Makes the older ground Corpus maps seem really uninteresting in comparison.

The good:

• The tileset feels fresh, coherent with the new corpus identity

• Decently fun to navigate (albeit a bit oversized in my opinion)

• Unit models look good, a lot less clunky than they used to be

• The new jackal fight is enjoyable and not too hard

The neutral:

• The styles of ground and space nodes, as well as infested-corpus vs normal-corpus are very grating now. It can't be helped, but it does feel a bit disturbing

The bad:

• Why is that pesky sabotage timer back? I know you could blow up the reactor later, but it feels disruptive to first look for the caches then run all the way back to do the mission rather than do everything in one clean go like before. Please reconsider this.
  • I don't know if you've fixed it yet, but I was not getting any coins from treasurers (no markers to any either) before I finished the protea quest. I am not sure if I do now, having now finished it. (EDIT: Yes, I am getting them now. At least one.)
  • Treasurers need to be nerfed. It is ridiculous just how tanky they are. They're tankier than the profit-taker orb even at level 30 and they're not even combat units. That just feels stupid.
  • Enemies feel too orange overall. I'd love to at least get the old color scheme back, or more variety in general. Orange MOAs just do not look good in my opinion. They look like warning signs on two legs. Visual variety is really, Really, REALLY important when running things 500 times over, like we do.
  • The new mission selection UI. It will become too clunky with many missions on a single node (we can have up to 15 or so different ones at the same time on a single node, given the right conditions. Remember that), but the worst part is convenience of use to be honest. VGQVr7k.jpgThis node will let you select from right where you click, on the same height (also, note that there's a bug because the text is too long)LXeC6EH.jpgHowever, high-up nodes like this will force you to move your cursor to africa before you can click anything. It was much more convenient before. It may seem nitpicky, but this is the thing that aggravates me the most about the update in its entirety and I saw this coming way before it dropped.

Getting Exemplar Granum Crowns (Tier 2) is a lot harder than it should be. Phobos and Venus only reward standard Granum Crowns (tier 1), and Neptune is high enough level to reward Zenith Granum Crown (tier 3). In theory there's one mission on Europa -- Valac -- that should spawn them, but the mission is Crossfire (Infested) and thus the Treasurers themselves don't like to spawn there

Unrelated to feedback:

2 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

The bad:

• Why is that pesky sabotage timer back? I know you could blow up the reactor later, but it feels disruptive to first look for the caches then run all the way back to do the mission rather than do everything in one clean go like before. Please reconsider this.

Fire Sabotage has always triggered a timer. Or are you talking about planetside sabotage that has a random chance of triggering a timer?

5 hours ago, WildCard-27 said:

I almost quit Warframe after that Protea battle.  That was unfun it took nearly an hour with a max rank Inaros and weapons.  My hands physically hurt from playing.  I don't know how anyone who isn't a max rank player can pass that.  Please consider a heavy nerf for that battle.

I played it blind, and watched a few other people do it as well.  It never took more than a few minutes.  Were you listening to the dialogue for instructions?

There's nothing stopping a Treasurer from running into extraction. It's impossible for a Solo player to flush him out, since he will always run away from you (into a wall) and is immune to CC (so even ideas like Valkyr's Ripline won't work). This is especially bad when the Treasurer doesn't spawn until the player has sat at Extraction for nearly two minutes

12 minutes ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

I played it blind, and watched a few other people do it as well.  It never took more than a few minutes.  Were you listening to the dialogue for instructions?

I beat it in about six minutes, but I honestly think her Gunsen are too powerful for a "level 15" mission. Everything else in the quest is dealing proper damage, but she could shred my Volt Prime in four hits and one proc. This combined with some really wonky damage mechanics on her body (she's got Ferrite armor, yet my Corrosive catalyst Vulkar Wraith would sometimes deal as little as 31 damage seemingly at random) makes for a really weird difficulty spike that beginners could find extremely frustrating

What on EARTH is up with the treasurers? I ran into one in the sniper only sortie and a fully built rivened lanka was doing 1 or 2 digit damage to them. Excuse me? And they're also just immune to things like magus lockdown or temporal blast, so presumably all other forms of CC too? What? Is there a mechanic to them that just isn't clear?

in general it feels like the faction has been flooded with AOE damage units that just completely butcher sentinels now, too

EDIT: After having played a bit more on the general tiles, uh... It's all really pretty, but it feels like every room was just made three to four times as big. And in many cases it's just empty space. The spy vaults especially feel RIDICULOUSLY overinflated in size for no reason.

1. Please allow granum crowns to drop on Corpus Ship tileset missions that doesn't have the corpus as the enemy (Invasions and Kuva Lich Missions). The Granum Void is inacccessable on those missions.

2. The Treasurers are too tanky, nerf them.

3. We all hate status immunity, why does the errant specters in Granum Void are immune to status? It kills build variety. Right now Mesa is mandatory on the gamemode.

4. As other have stated, end the granum void gamemode once the max cap has been reached (75/75).

5. Pause mission objective if a player is in Granum Void. Survival is an instant fail if you want to do Granum Void.

The deadlock protocol mission portals must have some way of being inserted into the new area after achieving rank 3 instead of waiting for the timer to end, for 3 reasons:

• it's not efficient, enemies do not drop loot and so getting back to the regular mission is more important, our time has value and it's it's not in this area
  • players might be there and simply kill nonstop, extending the timer non stop, so a player can make the other hostages
  • it is very prone to mission failure, survivals, defenses and interceptions suffer heavy risk of failure due to primary objective being trigered and then the portal, even if it is done the other way around, who among the 4 players is going to be the last player to enter? because you can't rely on anyone, especially randoms to do things in the proper order, by entering the portal, you risk other players triggering the main mission and then not being able to survive, defend or intercept and remember, you may end up in this area for a very long time.

I didn't realize i was carrying a team in a survival, only when i took the opportunity to enter the portal on another mission, did i realize the mistake, this area does not drop anything from enemies, not even capsules to extend the time in a survival, the result was a fail.

You don't need to kill enemies to survive the 1st few minutes in a survival, opening crates, life capsules and containers is enough, so when a team of players where survival is the midle name ends up failing a venus survival in the 1st 5 minutes, you realize how something isn't right.

In order to garantee mission completion, you must follow certain rules so that the primary objective comes 1st, that means in a survival, if the survival mission is activated, you can never use the portal and will be excluded from extra loot, meaning you do the primary objective, potentially alone and you get less compared to others who could care less about you.

Change this pls

Not sure if should post this here, but I hope it'll help

8 hours ago, Khaos_Zand3r said:

Is it intended that the crown carriers (can't remember their name) only take <100 damage per shot, regardless of how much damage your weapon is supposed to do? And if that is intended, WHY??? My Kuva Chakkhurr is regularly doing 3k+ per shot, but against these guys only does 22. That would mean more than 99% damage resistance, and that is not condusive to having a good time

7 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

Treasurers need to be nerfed. It is ridiculous just how tanky they are. They're tankier than the profit-taker orb even at level 30 and they're not even combat units. That just feels stupid.

Treasurers have similar to Lephantis or Hemocyte mechanics, you can't one shot them like Eidolon, you need to "melt" them. If you will take Synoid Gammacor with Magnetic + Something damage, you will kill him in 2 seconds. Also Mesa can target him with Peacemakers with same result.

7 hours ago, BlackCat500 said:

I don't know if you've fixed it yet, but I was not getting any coins from treasurers (no markers to any either) before I finished the protea quest. I am not sure if I do now, having now finished it. (EDIT: Yes, I am getting them now. At least one.)

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Granum Crowns will not appear from Treasurers until you complete The Deadlock Protocol Quest.

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Getting Exemplar Granum Crowns (Tier 2) is a lot harder than it should be. Phobos and Venus only reward standard Granum Crowns (tier 1), and Neptune is high enough level to reward Zenith Granum Crown (tier 3). In theory there's one mission on Europa -- Valac -- that should spawn them, but the mission is Crossfire (Infested) and thus the Treasurers themselves don't like to spawn there

Fastest options for me:

0-15: Granum Crown Venus-Fossa-Jacal or Phobos-Iliad-Sergant
16-30: Exemplar Granum Crown Neptune-Triton-Recue
31+: Zenith Granum Crown Pluto-Hydra-Capture.

1 minute ago, Sadraven said:

16-30: Exemplar Granum Crown Neptune-Triton-Recue

Yeah after a thorough review of Neptune, Triton Rescue is T2 but Larissa MD is T3

Which I feel just highlights my point, because exactly TWO nodes in the entire game are T2, but at least they exist

Having to play again and again and again low level missions to gain tokens to access the "new" game mode is boring and unneccessary, especially as a solo player: one token per treasurer is just low. Finish the mission in 1 min, then aimlessly loiter for 1-2 min for the treasurer to spawn...wow

That's the same problem over and over, everything new is behind a wall of low level trivial, boring grind and little to no interesting alternative.

The "new" game mode doesn't feel new at all. Enter, shoot in the air with AoE weapons, collect

57 minutes ago, Sadraven said:

*Granum Crowns will not appear from Treasurers until you complete The Deadlock Protocol Quest.

Felt like it didn't say this ingame. It would make a little bit of sense going by the name, but considering the tileset is there since the beginning of the game and you don't get the drops without first doing the quest only leads to this:

36 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Having to play again and again and again low level missions to gain tokens to access the "new" game mode is boring and unneccessary, especially as a solo player: one token per treasurer is just low. Finish the mission in 1 min, then aimlessly loiter for 1-2 min for the treasurer to spawn...wow

That's the same problem over and over, everything new is behind a wall of low level trivial, boring grind and little to no interesting alternative.

and frankly, I don't see many people finishing the vox solaris quest before also finishing basically most of the starchart in the meantime due to time gating on the rep on SU, which means it's just really weird not to get coins during all that time. I was surprised I didn't get any coins because it made no sense to me I would have to sit down in boring missions I've finished already just for this, so that made me think it was a bug. Perhaps hard mode would remedy this somewhat but I still think coins should drop regardless of when you've done the quest. The tileset is there to stay regardless, plus if there's no actual hint in the game that they will drop only after the quest (mind you, I don't know), then that's just further going to add to newbie confusion.

First and foremost, the new tileset looks great. All the little details are a welcome addition and the music is a major improvement all around.

As others have noted, however, the tankiness of some of the enemies is actually beyond stupid. This is most notable on the Treasurer. Thanks to a Riven mod, my Reaper Prime has 217% critical chance with a 4.8x critical multiplier. Normally does damage in the 5 digits to basically anything. It can barely do 300 damage to a Treasurer on a red crit. I get it if you want the Treasurers to not die immediately, but what appears to be a 99% damage reduction is ridiculous. I used other weapons prior to breaking out the Reaper Prime and I couldn't break two digits in damage.

I've noticed that other enemies on the new tileset also take drastically reduced damage; it doesn't seem to be nearly as much as the Treasurer, but it's still pretty absurd. For the record, most of this has been noted fighting level 30 enemies.

I love what has been done with the tileset. It looks really good. But the damage reduction on the enemies, especially the Treasurer, needs a serious balance pass.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb WildCard-27:

Same here. I gave up two or three times. I gave it one final shot, put a catalyst in the Xoris, moded, took Naramon as a school to keep up the combo counter (to make that explosion work). I didn't even have problems to bring her down to zero, but the glaive worked rather unpredictable. Whenever Biz sayed "now is the time to throw the disc" I tried but my frame didn't like to throw it. And I couldn't let it explode predictably either.  It took 35 Minutes to win against that piece of **** and in the end I'm pretty sure I didn't win because I learned something but by sheer dumb luck.

That was the most unfun mission I had in Warframe (Even the 10 rounds of "oh no jackal's bugged out again" yesterday were more fun and engaging).

Archived