[DE]Bear

The Deadlock Protocol: Re-Imagined Corpus Tileset Feedback Megathread

Agree with a lot of points here. I'll highlight some I feel are especially important.

• Defense tile is too large and confusing. Even the defense tile on Jupiter is a bit large but at least it's not a maze.
  • Cameras don't seem to be placed as logically as before.
  • If we're gonna have a timer on the sabotage missions then at least put all of the lockers before the reactor room or allow the radiation from the dying reactor to cancel out the jamming hiding the caches. 
  • Aesthetically I enjoy the new look, although some of the tiles seem needlessly large or complicated to navigate through.
  • Still seems like these ships are more of a random assortment of halls and rooms than meant to represent an actually ship's layout. There's not much of a logical purpose to most rooms. Sometime I'll enter a room that looks like a super, sci-fi reactor room only to remember what the REAL reactor room looks like and then wonder wtf all those glowing energy pillars are.
  • MOA cabinets... If we can't bring those back I feel like at the very least there should be some other, automated system for deploying proxy units into security hot spots. 

Over all I dig the new tile set from an artistic perspective but feel like it needs more polish from a game play perspective. 

Posted (edited)

Found a Kuva Siphon that is not positioned correctly in corpus ship remaster.   The siphon is smashed into the floor and I didnt give it a chance but I think the kuva clouds try to approach from below(on the floor below), The kuva braids clip into the floor.   Not sure if they would have tried to take the stairs up to where the siphon is...  

Edn79tSWoAACQj7?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

On 2020-06-11 at 7:07 PM, WildCard-27 said:

I almost quit Warframe after that Protea battle. 

I just aborted the fight. Honestly it was so un-fun and I just accepted I will never do it. It takes me to long to line up the Xoris shot. But the time I can line it up she is already back to 100% health. So really no point. I avoid corpus ships now if I can, because the treasurers wont drop coins for me. They just make the run take longer while I wait for them to escape so I can move on. A lot of my favorite run for NW were on the old tile set. 

That you cant really use this new tile set when you cant/wont suffer the Protea battle is just a problem. I have been frustrated in the past with the game, but was always motivated to try and try. With the Protea battle I quit and have zero interest in ever trying again. It it just locked to a move I can't do fast enough. And if you miss even one Xoris shot, you literally start the whole fight all over again. DE really did not think that out. People tell me the point was to "get people to use a type of gameplay rarely used", IMO it was not used because it is no fun. and depending on how you play may not even be doable at all.

Posted (edited)

Granum Void is still an absolute hell. Too much crowd control, and it seems balanced for Mesa's peacemaker, not for much else.

EDIT: Actually, even those can't win you any rewards since you're 100% dependent on drop chances for extra time. You can mass murder everything at breakneck speed but it won't spawn enough to actually complete the task if you get unlucky and no extra time drops.

Edited by Colyeses
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've done various solo survivals on the new tile set by now --normal, Arbitration and Steel Path-- and especially on normal and in Arbitrations, the spawn rates seem comparatively (too) low.

The enemies will spawn very far away and occasionally not at all where you would expect them to (this is with 30-60m radar). From my general experience in survivals, enemies seem to mostly spawn at the edge of tiles adjacent to the one you are on (not 100% sure, I'm no pro in playing the enemy spawn game). That means you want to sit in a comfortable tile with many small tiles next to it, so enemies can spawn close. On the new tile set, this doesn't seem to hold anymore.

From observation I'd guess that tiles are now kind of clustered together and the above mentioned "rules" apply to those clusters. There were situations where I expected some enemies to spawn in my back, just to traverse 2-3 tiles before encountering any enemy. My spawn "model" could be totally wrong obviously and now bite me in the back.

There might also be a pathing issue, where the enemies just don't know where to go from time to time.

Edited by 60framespersecond

A bit late to the party. The tilset is good. My issue is with the Elite Juno. Why do trash mobs shoot what is basically machine gun of rockets? It is not noticeable much till Steel Path. The overall damage the deal is probably the highest of any unit. But the AOE is the issue. In the Steel Path survival, unless you go full CC, I would give sentinel companion 2 minutes max, even with 3 revives and maxed mods. Trash mobs should not be shooting machine gun AOE damage. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada